AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Chuunibyou

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-07, 02:29   Link #941
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Thats Yukine Miyazawa from Clannad.
ooh...the heart girl... now im imagining if the girl will having delusion that she is a girl from clannad or other similar series...and will act like one...
whitecloud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 02:40   Link #942
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Queensland, Australia
Age: 34
Trouble is, the bulk of the poses in those images are used in so many anime, the point is kind of moot. In my opinion, they are included both because they are common anime things, but also that the characters think they are cool. That is- the chuunibyou characters may have seen those "cool" things, and want to replicate them. Kind of a feedback loop, if you will.

Indeed, I was the same as a teen.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 02:48   Link #943
Hyper
Irregular Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 27
Some of the poses are too generic to identify with a particular show in my opinion. For example, I remember there is at least one mahou shoujo series that the heroine has a move using that heart-shaped hand gesture. Maybe Shugo Chara, I'm not sure. And if I want to do one with Houtarou, I'd compare with his thinking pose--the hair touching gesture with Yuuta when he was in front of the mirror.

Edit: Got beaten by Sound of Azure by 8 minutes.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 02:51   Link #944
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Did someone order a dozen shots of insulin? Cos I have a dozen shots of insulin! Get your insulin here!
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 03:09   Link #945
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I remember there is at least one mahou shoujo series that the heroine has a move using that heart-shaped hand gesture.
These heart-shaped hand gesture is also used by some footballers (soccer players for the yanks and japanese) when they score a goal.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 03:17   Link #946
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Did someone order a dozen shots of insulin? Cos I have a dozen shots of insulin! Get your insulin here!
to help you sell your meds....

whitecloud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 06:22   Link #947
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ Woah! I had no idea that to much moe was a bad thing.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 07:01   Link #948
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Azure View Post
Trouble is, the bulk of the poses in those images are used in so many anime, the point is kind of moot. In my opinion, they are included both because they are common anime things, but also that the characters think they are cool. That is- the chuunibyou characters may have seen those "cool" things, and want to replicate them. Kind of a feedback loop, if you will.
For the most part, I agree.

But the Oreki and Mikuru ones have an absolutely uncanny similarity, and Oreki and Mikuru were both in KyoAni-made shows and this show is by KyoAni, so...

I honestly do kind of think that those two bits were subtle shoutouts to other KyoAni characters and works. And that's fine. P.A. Works does this sort of thing all the time.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 07:05   Link #949
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Say goodbye to your Liver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Did someone order a dozen shots of insulin? Cos I have a dozen shots of insulin! Get your insulin here!
Images
Chibi Kimono
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Chibi Pink
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Kiraboshi 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Kiraboshi 2
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Kiraboshi 3
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?


Images
Flower Seal
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Heart Seal
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Serious Mode 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Serious Mode 2
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Serious Mode 3
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
SAKURA!!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Round&Round
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 07:25   Link #950
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Now I need a Side drip of Insulin... shots won't do anymore!!! LOve Chibis!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 07:38   Link #951
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I'll just say I hope those comparison pics were intended as some sort of a joke and not a serious accusation of plagiarism, because that would be so ridiculous I wouldn't even know where to begin.
__________________
KEION!GEEK - a K-On! fan blog
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:31   Link #952
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Queensland, Australia
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
For the most part, I agree.

But the Oreki and Mikuru ones have an absolutely uncanny similarity, and Oreki and Mikuru were both in KyoAni-made shows and this show is by KyoAni, so...

I honestly do kind of think that those two bits were subtle shoutouts to other KyoAni characters and works. And that's fine. P.A. Works does this sort of thing all the time.
Yeah, you do have a point, there. Kyoani do like putting self-references in their anime, though I have been noticing it less frequently of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen
I'll just say I hope those comparison pics were intended as some sort of a joke and not a serious accusation of plagiarism, because that would be so ridiculous I wouldn't even know where to begin.
I do agree, but being on the internet, I wouldn't actually be very surprised if someone did believe that.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:53   Link #953
Misdreavius
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Azure View Post
Yeah, you do have a point, there. Kyoani do like putting self-references in their anime, though I have been noticing it less frequently of late.



I do agree, but being on the internet, I wouldn't actually be very surprised if someone did believe that.
Well you'd have to be a hater of this particular show or a troll obviously if you ACTUALLY get hung up about Chuunibyou having SIMILAR poses to still shots of other characters, most of which are just normal gestures and not "signature" poses or anything.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:56   Link #954
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Now I need a Side drip of Insulin... shots won't do anymore!!! LOve Chibis!!!
I need 10 shots of insulin. Quick. X.X

God, those pics. *save**save**save**save*
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 09:06   Link #955
rulfo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
I am expecting that they'll show the preview for ep 2 tomorrow. Can't wait to see Rika's sister.

Too bad someone made the PV of the ED in youtube private.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 09:23   Link #956
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Too bad someone made the PV of the ED in youtube private.
Lantis made the CM for the ED single private likely due to footage from episode 2 in it. There's also the possibility they were waiting for it to air on TV prior to uploading it and made a mistake.

The PV for the ED has not been made yet; they're soliciting ideas through the radio show.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 10:53   Link #957
rulfo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Lantis made the CM for the ED single private likely due to footage from episode 2 in it. There's also the possibility they were waiting for it to air on TV prior to uploading it and made a mistake.

The PV for the ED has not been made yet; they're soliciting ideas through the radio show.
Oh so it's from Lantis itself... That would explain it then. I was wondering if I had missed something from the stream since that CM wasn't aired.

Thanks for the heads up.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 11:03   Link #958
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
welp! it took them less than a week for doujin to appear

(dont ask me where)
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 11:24   Link #959
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
From Newtype, here's the main staff (minus scriptwriter) for the upcoming episodes:
2: Storyboards: Ishihara, Director: Kigami, Animation Director: Chiyoko Ueno
3: Storyboards/Director: Noriyuki Kitanohara, Animation Director: Nobuaki Maruki
4: Storyboards/Director: Eisaku Kawanami, Animation Director: Kayo Hikiyama (same as episode 1)
5: Storyboards/Director: Hiroko Utsumi, Animation Director: Miku Kadowaki
6: Storyboards/Director: Hiroko Utsumi, Animation Director: Miku Kadowaki

So episodes 1, 4, 5, and 6 were/are from Animation Do. Interesting. Perhaps the main studio is focusing on the latter half of the series/web content/BD extras?
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-10-07 at 11:38.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 11:35   Link #960
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
From Newtype, here's the main staff (minus scriptwriter) for the upcoming episodes:
2: Storyboards: Ishihara, Director: Kigami, Animation Director: Chiyoko Ueno
3: Storyboards/Director: Noriyuki Kitanohara, Animation Director: Nobuaki Maruki
4: Storyboards/Director: Eisaku Kawanami, Animation Director: Kayo Hikiyama (same as episode 1)
5: Storyboards/Director: Hiroko Utsumi, Animation Director: Miku Kadowaki
6: Storyboards/Director: Hiroko Utsumi, Animation Director: Miku Kadowaki

So episodes 1, 4, 5, and 6 were/are from Animation Do. Interesting. Perhaps the main studio is focusing on the latter half of the series/web content/BD extras?
Kadowaki and Utsumi are the ones in charge of Hyouka's episode 21? I'm excited to see how 5 and 6 look. Of course, Ishihara and Kigami's episode is something to look forward to as well.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, kyoto animation, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.