AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 21:55   Link #841
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
I see a lot of unfavourable reactions to the latest chapter. Well, I can empathise with those views but I personally do not see why that should be the case when all of us anticipated a "dodge the bullet" moment the instant Onodera's suddenly blurting out her inner thoughts without realising so.

He was being like a kid getting all excited the night before and he had been doing pretty much all the cooking; not surprised he'd be tired but I suppose he must have thought too much and dozed off (read the last few pages of chapter 44).

Nonetheless, perhaps from now on, hopefully we'll see a more progressive stance on the romance, especially with that moment from the next chapter on.
We all expected a poor turn out and got one. However, expecting it doesn't make it any less poor.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 22:01   Link #842
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I see where you're coming from. However, expecting it makes whatever disappointment or anger less than what you would feel. At least, not enough for a more volatile reaction than it warrants.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 23:16   Link #843
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
I see where you're coming from. However, expecting it makes whatever disappointment or anger less than what you would feel. At least, not enough for a more volatile reaction than it warrants.
Uh no, it reaffirms our disappointment that we can predict that easily to begin with. That only makes us angrier and more disappointed. Why would anyone want to be right in being wrong?

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 23:31   Link #844
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Uh no, it reaffirms our disappointment that we can predict that easily to begin with. That only makes us angrier and more disappointed. Why would anyone want to be right in being wrong?
I see it differently, so we'll just agree to disagree on this point. There's a reason why I don't put high expectations in general. I don't expect much so I'm always getting pleasant surprises and I do not end up angry and disappointed when clichés pop out. Yes, I understand that unpredictable plots and points are what most people look for but let's be realistic; this is a romantic comedy, a genre pretty much commonplace these days. Clichés are unavoidable.

And no, I do not feel let down when I expected something to come true. I would also like to be proven wrong sometimes too, but if it doesn't happen, then nothing will come of it anyway.
Old 2012-10-07, 23:49   Link #845
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Raku, meet my fist. Fist, meet Raku. What's that Fist? You can't see him clearly? No problem, let me help you get a closer look *punch to the face* This MC frustrates me so much. Sure, Onodera's no cherry blossom sweetheart either, but for crying out loud you don't say that to a girl, no matter how much she annoys you.
Old 2012-10-08, 00:21   Link #846
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

While in the end I agree he shouldn't said all those, I don't think Raku really meant it. They usually fights verbally and beside Chitoge tricked her with almost the same question (chapter.... 32, I think, before Marika appears) so maybe Raku just doesn't want to be fooled twice. He just couldn't see the real situation that Chitoge is actually asking him seriously now

Oh well, I'm looking forward to the make ou..... I mean make up chapter
Old 2012-10-08, 02:15   Link #847
Master Chibi

Quote:
I see it differently, so we'll just agree to disagree on this point. There's a reason why I don't put high expectations in general. I don't expect much so I'm always getting pleasant surprises and I do not end up angry and disappointed when clichés pop out. Yes, I understand that unpredictable plots and points are what most people look for but let's be realistic; this is a romantic comedy, a genre pretty much commonplace these days. Clichés are unavoidable.

And no, I do not feel let down when I expected something to come true. I would also like to be proven wrong sometimes too, but if it doesn't happen, then nothing will come of it anyway.
So it's ok for you because your expectations are low and you don't get disappointed but it's not ok for us because our expectations are also low but we choose to be disappointed and angry over it?

Uh, ok then?

Old 2012-10-08, 05:51   Link #848
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Oh cmon, this wasn't just predictable, it was bound to happen, the way the series has been all the time. Raku barely misses Onodera flags even though he wants them but unconsciously raises Chitoge flags... this is not the first time and won't be the last.
To get upset about it now is a little late.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 06:43   Link #849
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Raku, meet my fist. Fist, meet Raku. What's that Fist? You can't see him clearly? No problem, let me help you get a closer look *punch to the face* This MC frustrates me so much. Sure, Onodera's no cherry blossom sweetheart either, but for crying out loud you don't say that to a girl, no matter how much she annoys you.
Did you mean chitoge? Anyway, I was wondering why everyone is so mad..and then I read the latest chapter. Ugh, THIS is why I hate tsundere sometimes. You never know when the words that you speak will really hurt those around you eventhough they already know that you can`t be honest (Though in this case both party doesn't seem to understand it).

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 07:38   Link #850
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
So it's ok for you because your expectations are low and you don't get disappointed but it's not ok for us because our expectations are also low but we choose to be disappointed and angry over it?

Uh, ok then?
I never once said it was not all right to not feel disappointed and angry. How you manage to mince that out of my words is just perplexing. Look, my point here is that if you know what's coming, being upset is pointless. Don't get me wrong here - you're free to express disappointment - I'm just expressing my opinion that some of the reactions are a bit over the top, that's all.

We've seen numerous series take this turn before and I don't see how it'll be too much different with this series, with the route it has chosen to take, and not just now. Earlier chapters had a similar thing going on.
Old 2012-10-08, 09:51   Link #851
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Damnit. Why does Raku have to be so tsundere? Not that Chitoge is any better (though she is getting better lately).
Old 2012-10-08, 12:55   Link #852
Master Chibi

lol

Every time people on here manage to get angered or upset someone has to be utter shock or disbelief as to why they're feeling that way. Hell I'm not surprised Waven showed up here at all but really we all agree that this series is being predictable and that's a bad thing so there's no reason you should start questioning it.

If you know the outcome then the reaction to the outcome should be just as predictable, don't worry about whether or not its 'worth it' or having to wonder why we're bothering to get disappointed and all that, that's our little problem.

:S

Old 2012-10-08, 15:17   Link #853
Dorsai

Every manga of this kind is predictable. Even Ichigo 100% ending was predictable somewhere after middle of manga (when Nishino started working or somewhere close to it)...

Being predictable is not problem here. We read manga like this because its simple stories. Problem is that author used cliche excuses to prolong manga too often... But still its just one chapter. Raku sleeping excuse was stupid, but its not really that big problem...

A lot more important was second half of chapter... Chitoge was really cute this time. Her tsundere attitude isnt problem. Really who could get angry with her "i hate you, i hate you" blabering? It was just silly. Only idiot would not realise that its not her real feelings... Raku ofc wasnt really hurt by it. A lot bigger problem is Raku not honest with his feelings. He really hurt her a lot. I hope he will start to act like man soon. It will be painfull to wait for it longer than 2, max 3 chapters...
Old 2012-10-08, 15:59   Link #854
Xaturas

Dunno about you people but I'm not mad at him.
It was obvious that he would sleep/dooze/dream or any other kind of *not listening to you now* state. If it wasn't then he would get to gether with Onodera and manga is over, we can't have that now can we?
Chitoge was also obvious, if she was more honest, then he wouldn't have to resort to such answer. He treated her once seriously, what did he get? Her laughing in his face to cover up her question.
Unless Chitoge starts waving her flag like she really mean it, or Onodera get past her *cockblocking happens*, there is no romance progress. Frankly the first time we will see Raku actually go out with someone serious, it will be the end of manga. This won't be the same shit as GE/KNIM where MC jumps around girls like bee on flowers (while staying chaste at the same time), this MC seems to be mentaly adult, once he goes out with some girl he will mean it.
Old 2012-10-08, 17:15   Link #855
Dorsai

No manga would not end in this case... This chapter show us that his feelings for Chitoge surpass already his childish crush on Onodera... If he would start dating Onodera after some time he would realize it. And it would be a lot better story development then what we have now. Harder and more complicated to do, but if done properly- amazing and touching...

Past is past, ok Chitoge run away one time when he treated her seriously, but it not means it will repeat all the time... I didnt saw even sign of Raku being afraid of it. Where did you saw that Raku didnt want to be fooled twice and is afraid that Chitoge isnt serious? Its obvious that he knew that Chitoge was serious this time. Question she asked and that kind of serious, honest face she maked is max for tsundere like her to do at this moment (though its still more then Onodera could do in all this years with Raku).

He knew that all exactly. And he still run away from answering to her honestly and hurt her in really painful way.

And why he did it? Because he WAS SCARED. Scared of his own feelings. He started to realize that he developed strong feelings for Chitoge and she is one he like the most right now. Deep in his heart he know it already, but mind still refuse to accept it.

Its a lot more serious case this time. Before both Chitoge and Raku screw sometimes, but still they feelings for each over was on early stage. Their being not serious about they feelings was more silly and funny then serious. But this time Chitoge was serious. And Raku felt that. Thats why damage he maked is on higher level. To repair it Raku need to act like a man. I hope author will not screw this and we will see really good, touching piece of writing here...
Old 2012-10-09, 15:56   Link #856
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
It was obvious that he would sleep/dooze/dream or any other kind of *not listening to you now* state. If it wasn't then he would get together with Onodera and manga is over, we can't have that now can we?
As completely non-nonsensical as this is, I agree (he was so excited about going to the beach with Onodera that he couldn't sleep the night before... but then he falls asleep when she's sitting right next to him in a romantic setting?? Seriously??)

But whatever.. as you say, we all expected that. No the part that irritates me is the infamous 'double troll': that having Chitoge overhear her confession turned out to be nothing. I figured that was the whole point of this setup. To add some interesting new twists to the Onodera/Chitoge dynamic. Nope, it was all trolling.

Quote:
He treated her once seriously, what did he get? Her laughing in his face to cover up her question.
YES! Exactly this! Kudos to the author for setting this up earlier, but I think he should have shown a flash-back or something to make the connection more obvious.

Quote:
Unless Chitoge starts waving her flag like she really mean it, or Onodera get past her *cockblocking happens*, there is no romance progress.
And I actually have no problem with that. Between the great art, humor, and interesting plot, I've really been enjoying this manga. The whole thing is totally cliche, but somehow the author makes it feel fresh. It seems to be running out of steam a bit lately, but we'll see how it goes.... now if he could just cut back on the trolling...

@Xaturas: great post! summed up my thoughts exactly.
Old 2012-10-10, 09:12   Link #857
willx
Nyaaan~~

Well, like a lot of comments that I've read have said, I am now reading this ~90% for cute faces and reactions and ~5% for plot and ~5% for random miscellaneous other factors.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 13:02   Link #858
Dorsai

AcroDave kiss missunderstanding from Chitoge isnt that big problem. Because her conversation with Raku in second part of chapter was dramatic enough to move plot further. Kiss would make similar damage to Chitoge. Its even good that she missunderstand. Both situations would be too much for Chitoge to stand. She could even break down.

Quote:
He treated her once seriously, what did he get? Her laughing in his face to cover up her question.

YES! Exactly this! Kudos to the author for setting this up earlier, but I think he should have shown a flash-back or something to make the connection more obvious.

Omg not this again... I will ask last time- tell me where Raku showed in last chapter that he even remember this situation? He forgot it completely. Anyway one look at her face was enough for Raku to be 100% sure that this time Chitoge is COMPLETELY SERIOUS. Thats why he chicken out and run away from answering in really stupid way (his exc uses hurt Chitoge deeply)...
Old 2012-10-11, 09:50   Link #859
poisui

Chapter 46: The more she runs from him, the more he chases after her.

Spoiler for 46:
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 10:00   Link #860
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm a bit saddened that Marika has been used as little more than comic relief since her introduction.

Tags
harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life