AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 02:20   Link #961
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

People always complain no one important dies in Bleach, and when it does actually happen, people complain that it was too easy. He blew everything he had on the guy he thought was the big bad. He had nothing left, and he was facing the actual big bad who was stronger than the guy he just killed. Yeah, getting sliced in half is going to happen.

Be thankful that it wasn't dragged out even further, and that the plot keeps moving. Unless people really want every fight to drag out like it did in the HM arc.

I liked the way that the history of the divisions was sprinkled into the story. I wish this kind of stuff had happened more throughout Bleach. I also liked that there is a genuine mention and reason for Zero Squad to appear, since no one is left to stand against the Quincy except Ichigo (for now, I expect a few comebacks, like Zaraki).

Anyone else expecting an extremely pissed off Ichigo next chapter?
Old 2012-10-10, 02:22   Link #962
Rahan

Well, he said he would probably not come back.
But come on, you guys want to see the god of fire or something from the picture. The one who appeared when it was going bad and made it worse.

Forgot it was Shunsui in the first scene. The explosion might be his going bankai. Although he is apparently still too young to have known the old times.

Anyways, isn't it time we get some plot ?
We got some quincy killing everyone for no reason for months now. If it continues, but with characters we don't know (the royal guard) killing the same quincy, this is going to get tedious.
Without Yamaji, there won't be a single character we know involved in the plot. Killing no one is stupid. Killing everyone is retarded.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 02:23   Link #963
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
People always complain no one important dies in Bleach, and when it does actually happen, people complain that it was too easy. He blew everything he had on the guy he thought was the big bad. He had nothing left, and he was facing the actual big bad who was stronger than the guy he just killed. Yeah, getting sliced in half is going to happen.

Be thankful that it wasn't dragged out even further, and that the plot keeps moving. Unless people really want every fight to drag out like it did in the HM arc.

I liked the way that the history of the divisions was sprinkled into the story. I wish this kind of stuff had happened more throughout Bleach. I also liked that there is a genuine mention and reason for Zero Squad to appear, since no one is left to stand against the Quincy except Ichigo (for now, I expect a few comebacks, like Zaraki).

Anyone else expecting an extremely pissed off Ichigo next chapter?
No we didn't want the big bad killing Yamaji in one hit. We wanted the big bad to win in a fair fight instead of using a doppelganger to really cement his threat. Now we have no idea if the guy will be strong because he's strong or because he simply has Yama-ji's bankai now.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 02:26   Link #964
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Quote:
The problem is probably the fact that the battle was turn-based.

Genryuusai activated Bankai!
Juha Bach used Decoy!
Genryuusai dealt 35557145 damage!
Juha Bach used Slash!
Genryuusai has been killed!
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 02:39   Link #965
ronin myael
lost ronin

dang it! and i had such high hopes for yamaji too! well, what can we really expect from kubo? the guy is in love with ichigo. of course ichigo had to be the one to take down the bad guy. if the zero squad finally appears and if he reveals something significant about isshin then i might consider forgetting this "massacre".
Old 2012-10-10, 02:48   Link #966
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
No we didn't want the big bad killing Yamaji in one hit. We wanted the big bad to win in a fair fight instead of using a doppelganger to really cement his threat. Now we have no idea if the guy will be strong because he's strong or because he simply has Yama-ji's bankai now.
But these guys don't play fair, that's why they used the anti-bankai stuff to begin with. They knew they'd lose in a fair fight, that's why they've orchestrated all of this stuff to begin with. It's called strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The problem is probably the fact that the battle was turn-based.

Genryuusai activated Bankai!
Juha Bach used Decoy!
Genryuusai dealt 35557145 damage!
Juha Bach used Slash!
Genryuusai has been killed!
Well that's shounen for you. I'm just saying that it felt cheap and unfair because that's exactly what it was. People typically don't mind when it's a bad guy, heck how many bad guys in Bleach die from silly asspulls? Pretty much all of them. How many good guys in Bleach live from silly asspulls? Most of them. That's why it feels cheap - since it doesn't happen to good guys much, people don't find it fair when they die just like the villains do: with some cheap asspull plot device.
Old 2012-10-10, 02:54   Link #967
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Well that's shounen for you. I'm just saying that it felt cheap and unfair because that's exactly what it was. People typically don't mind when it's a bad guy, heck how many bad guys in Bleach die from silly asspulls? Pretty much all of them. How many good guys in Bleach live from silly asspulls? Most of them. That's why it feels cheap - since it doesn't happen to good guys much, people don't find it fair when they die just like the villains do: with some cheap asspull plot device.
you have a good point there. but not all shonen are made equal. there are some series that actually give substantial importance to their villains. i agree with the heroes though, they live through almost anything. hell, some of them even get resurrected! which is probably why i prefer reading seinen nowadays.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:28   Link #968
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Kubo ran out of ideas for zero squad bankais. After seeing Soifon's.....
Old 2012-10-10, 03:50   Link #969
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.

Just hoping that explosion is Hollow Ichigo or Aizen or............YACHIRU
Old 2012-10-10, 04:34   Link #970
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

It was an explosion in the Sky, which means the gate or w.e is opening from the Royal realm to SS. It nwoulda just been better for the passage to open and at the very least show the silohoutte of the entire Royal Guard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Kubo ran out of ideas for zero squad bankais. After seeing Soifon's.....
Not really. The 2 latest bankai we saw Sasakibe's and Zanka No Tachi were pretty awesome. Its not like we'll see them go bankai rite away. He has time b4 we see.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 07:22   Link #971
flack

Haha Yamamoto died in one hit...
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 07:41   Link #972
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
it's shocking how Kubo slaughtered Yamamoto - never saw it coming.. not even some last words, dignity or anything like that, wow

but let's move on, I've been butthurt enough about the whole Yamamoto thing

on the bright side:
- Zero Squad is coming
- Firemonster from the past????
- first Gotei guys were brutal badasses(now serving in the Zero Squad?)

maybe this firething was sealed inside Yamamoto? Or it is in the "king's" realm together with the Zero Squad, maybe this is how this Squad was born?

and I think it's a good point to ask what Uryu and his father are doing the whole time, please let them be having a training session like Ichigo/Isshin back then
Old 2012-10-10, 08:45   Link #973
SimplyAJ

Yeah, something about that fire monster bit seemed intriguing. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of those "it's been sealed within me, and since I died it released the seal" sort of deal, or perhaps by defeating it, that is how he gained the most powerful fire bankai.

I was pretty surprised with the death though, and how he just get his other arm hacked off really seemed ... I dunno "tragic" somehow? Which is pretty good that it made me feel that way since I've been such a skeptic of the series for so long now.

I'm eternally curious how Juha Bach knows EVERYTHING though. Even Aizen didn't know who the Zero Squad was (when he was younger anyway), and he knew about every little happening in the war and all of that. He also seems ridiculously overpowered. I'd have been fine with Yamamoto dying if it was at least, I dunno a valiant effort? He lost his bankai but didn't we see when his sword was sealed before that he is physically a monster as well? I mean he withstood his own flames, used that sacrificial spell on Aizen, punched Wonderweiss into oblivion. Just seems "unlikely" I guess for the stronger shinigami to just die in one slash. At least have him throw a punch or something.
SimplyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 08:49   Link #974
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
I assumed the firemonster was yamamoto himself before he had peace. Like he was the monster, the demon. I thought he was saying if that demon retured then he would be died because he gave that life up of being a murderer without remorse.

I almost expect the explosion to be itachigo in full blown pissed super mode. With Zero squad showing up, we need aizen. Only because I want to see his super hacks again and his view on the zero squad seeing them face to face and with luck see the "king"

Side note, when they brought it back up, damn, they shut really did burn that place to the ground. To see the damage and reaction animated would have been fantastic.
Old 2012-10-10, 08:50   Link #975
The Small One

I was under the impression, that the monster, Yamaji was talking about in the beginning was Juha Bach. Which would make his words that he won't come back if the monster ever returned come true by beeing killed by Bach.

But interessting, that the Quincies now call in their cannon fodder. (weak soldiers). It actually makes sense to start by eliminating the most dangerous enemies.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 08:54   Link #976
kiak666

Wow, Yama-ji just got overkilled (which is ironic, considering that he's the one who's doing that a few chapters ago).

Bach's right hand man (or Haschwald from now on) finally has a name and mohawk's still alive, so As Nodt and Najahkoop should still be in one piece.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 09:02   Link #977
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

But with the Royal Guards marching in, that won't be the case for long.
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 09:09   Link #978
james0246

My wish for complete destruction (way back in July) is coming to fruition. Thank you Kubo for pulling out all the stops. (Yama's evisceration was quite nice, almost like something out of a Seinen.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 09:16   Link #979
flack

I think the "king" might be hollow ichigo I remember back in ep 30 something oh the anime when ichigo was fighting his hollow his hollow said something about him being the king or something.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 09:18   Link #980
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wish Yamamoto had fought back at least a little. Dying in one slash doesn't befit him.

As for the monster metaphor, it's pretty obvious it was referring to Yamamoto himself. It seems like he pretty much destroyed Soul Society while trying to defend it in the past. He probably even killed his own subordinates too. That was something he deeply regretted and swore it would never happen again.

Tags
bleach, chapter