AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 02:14   Link #1021
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
bach seems so powerful that when aizen declined to be a sub character he probably just left him to his devices. its not like aizen can punch him or do anything to him since hes locked up, tied to a chair and gagged.
Old 2012-10-11, 02:36   Link #1022
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Obviously. But the question is, was Bach always a dick, or was that somehow Yamamoto's doing?
Probably a mix of both. The Quincy were pushed to the brink of extinction by Soul Society, which according to Bach, and implied by others in the story, used to be ruthless in their judgment.

It's probably fairly close to the truth that the initial forming of the divisions was the result of the strong banding together in a warped sense of justice. Just look at how poor the various districts are, and how characters like Zaraki and Yachiru lived. Outside the walls of SS, existence is brutal. If you can't fend for yourself, it's even worse.

So the divisions are tasked, or choose to task themselves, with preserving order, and the Quincy were literally unbalancing it. I doubt diplomacy was used much - just look at how they treated Ichigo before he saved their asses a bunch of times. He might have been the agent of change that helped SS become better, but they still have a lot of demons in their history that have come back to bite them.
Old 2012-10-11, 03:20   Link #1023
Excelion

That Bach on the upper panel last page doesn't look like Bach at all and the expression is silly. Kind of bugs me.

I think the next stage of battle won't be in SS. Probably that Ice Palace. 0 squad will follow.

So what's Unohana going to do? Just heal everyone? So no one has to die except Yamamoto (and maybe Kira).

Regarding Aizen, I think Bach just left him alone too. Can't exactly kill him, being immortal and all.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 10:19   Link #1024
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
So what's Unohana going to do? Just heal everyone? So no one has to die except Yamamoto (and maybe Kira).
of course anything can happen, but kubo made sure to eradicate the bodies of not just yamamoto but also byakuya so that they are almost certainly gone forever. byakuya was just a blood stain when as nodt was done with him. it's pretty rough, but there's no alternative really since kubo has had characters return from such fatal-looking injuries that it became silly. now it's like, unless they are a puddle, they can be revived.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 10:44   Link #1025
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Would be interesting to see the reactions if next chapter, it shows Bach waking in front of Aizen with Aizen mocking him for his day dreams of success. He did pay a visit to the supreme illusionist afterall.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 11:35   Link #1026
unameit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enishi316 View Post
Ok..this is crap at it's best. Kubo shows us after waiting for hundreds of chapters. His Banki..just for him to use it on a FAKE...THAN get it stolen and killed by 1 sword swipe....ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????????
yeah, agree with that.. it's also laziness from kubo.. he keeps mentioning sternitters are strong and can only be defeated with bankai but not even 1 evidence showing what kind of ability they have.. what we see here they just somehow managed to injure the captain with ease.. logically their speed and power should be shown in significant mode but did we witness it? no, just plain movement.. we just have to imagine it ourselves, eh..

most battles in bleach are so disappointing nowadays especially the ending..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 11:42   Link #1027
unameit

Btw, the idea of taking out the 13 divisions sound nice and exciting but I much prefer if the enemy power is the real deal and we get to witness its awesomeness instead of what we are served so far..

what? a bankai stealing device, 1 slash/stab of a sword? fucking garbage that..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 12:55   Link #1028
Casshern

Calling it now, silhouette on Yamajii's right in the gangster squad is Unohana

I liked the chapter. Nice drama imo. I actually felt some sympathy for Yama in the end, unlike every other character death (espada, Tousen, fullbringers) And Aizen is coming back soon
My candidates for the 5 special war potentials:
Ichigo
Aizen
Urahara
Unohana or Kyouraku or Ukitake
Ryuken or Isshin
Yachiru (not really )
Ishida (less chance than Yachiru )
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 14:08   Link #1029
Enishi316

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
yeah, agree with that.. it's also laziness from kubo.. he keeps mentioning sternitters are strong and can only be defeated with bankai but not even 1 evidence showing what kind of ability they have.. what we see here they just somehow managed to injure the captain with ease.. logically their speed and power should be shown in significant mode but did we witness it? no, just plain movement.. we just have to imagine it ourselves, eh..

most battles in bleach are so disappointing nowadays especially the ending..

It's just the same crap reheated, over and over again.
First Arc SS. Oh no! we have to save the girl and defeat 10 Shinigami Chaptians
Second Arc Mexico. Oh no we have to save the girl and defeat the 10 Espada/Shinigami
Last Arc No girl to be saved (YET) But we have to defeat 10 Stern Ritter/Shinigami

Btw Bleach is just Shinigami against Shinigami with Swords,Bows & Arrows and Mask. Their all the same race, same moves, same charters under different races, with the same clothes.

Think I'm wrong? Look at this
1. Ulquiorra/Byakuya
2.Starrk/Shunsui
3.Baraggan/Yamamoto
4.Nell/Yachiru
5.Szayelaporro/Mayuri
6.Harribel/Hitsugaya
7. Kukaku/Yoruchi
8.Aizen/Hidetomo/Tsukishima
9.Nanao/Lisa
10.Kensei/Renji/Gingo
11.Rojuro/Jushiro
12.Jackie/Sui-feng
13. Riruka/Hiyori

Way too many more, but not enough time in the day..

Last edited by Enishi316; 2012-10-11 at 14:32.
Enishi316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 14:48   Link #1030
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Probably a mix of both. The Quincy were pushed to the brink of extinction by Soul Society, which according to Bach, and implied by others in the story, used to be ruthless in their judgment.

It's probably fairly close to the truth that the initial forming of the divisions was the result of the strong banding together in a warped sense of justice. Just look at how poor the various districts are, and how characters like Zaraki and Yachiru lived. Outside the walls of SS, existence is brutal. If you can't fend for yourself, it's even worse.

So the divisions are tasked, or choose to task themselves, with preserving order, and the Quincy were literally unbalancing it. I doubt diplomacy was used much - just look at how they treated Ichigo before he saved their asses a bunch of times. He might have been the agent of change that helped SS become better, but they still have a lot of demons in their history that have come back to bite them.
Touche.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Holy s***!!! Good call! Before the days of the braid, I could totally see that being her. Imaging her as once being part of Yamamoto's murderous goon squad sounds like it would be the perfect way to start doing justice to the name "Retsu".

Last edited by sayde; 2012-10-11 at 14:59.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 17:00   Link #1031
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Hahahaaaa, seeing that old, incompetent fool Yamamoto getting pwned made my day!! Truly well deserved imo.
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:31   Link #1032
Black-Cat-Sama

Looking back, i really wish the anime only 'Zanpaktou rebellion' arc never happened, that way the Quincy's 'stealing' of the zanpakyou/bankai would be... I dunno, for lack of a better word... 'better'. Dunno, it makes more sense to steal the whole power of the sword to me, than just one state of it. Eh
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 01:35   Link #1033
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
ha! good call even if it doesn't pan out. let me up the stakes and call that one of the other members of the old squad who is behind the dialogue bubbles is juha bach

and just for fun... anyone know how old mayuri is? he was just sitting in prison when we were introduced to him in the pendulum arc and we know he doesn't give a crap about his allies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
Looking back, i really wish the anime only 'Zanpaktou rebellion' arc never happened, that way the Quincy's 'stealing' of the zanpakyou/bankai would be... I dunno, for lack of a better word... 'better'. Dunno, it makes more sense to steal the whole power of the sword to me, than just one state of it. Eh
there's no way for the stealing of bankais to make any sense... much less the idea that the one who steals it can use it instantly... it's pure unadulterated nonsense
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 02:10   Link #1034
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
there's no way for the stealing of bankais to make any sense... much less the idea that the one who steals it can use it instantly... it's pure unadulterated nonsense
It's as if Kubo has completely discounted (or really forgotten) the fact that zanpakutos are souls in and of themselves and are not just 'special powered swords' unique to each wielder. But, then again, maybe those badges (they are badges right?) somehow mind control the spirit within the sword, and force the 'bankai of the zanpakuto' to do the users biding. But if that were the case, how would the regular powers of the zanpakuto still work if someone else were controlling the bankai? Oh wait, we'll just kill off the characters with shikai remaining so it doesn't become as complicated. Now, I see whatcha doin'.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:03   Link #1035
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The badges basically steal "your soul" since the zanpaktou and you are pretty much one and the same.

Yes, it's bullshit.
Old 2012-10-12, 14:28   Link #1036
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
ha! good call even if it doesn't pan out. let me up the stakes and call that one of the other members of the old squad who is behind the dialogue bubbles is juha bach

and just for fun... anyone know how old mayuri is? he was just sitting in prison when we were introduced to him in the pendulum arc and we know he doesn't give a crap about his allies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
It's as if Kubo has completely discounted (or really forgotten) the fact that zanpakutos are souls in and of themselves and are not just 'special powered swords' unique to each wielder. But, then again, maybe those badges (they are badges right?) somehow mind control the spirit within the sword, and force the 'bankai of the zanpakuto' to do the users biding. But if that were the case, how would the regular powers of the zanpakuto still work if someone else were controlling the bankai? Oh wait, we'll just kill off the characters with shikai remaining so it doesn't become as complicated. Now, I see whatcha doin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The badges basically steal "your soul" since the zanpaktou and you are pretty much one and the same.

Yes, it's bullshit.
Yeah, it's bullcrap now, that's why I was saying that idea in the Rebellion filler arc would make a bit mroe sense with it. If the soul of the sword chose to stop working for its user and even left to side with someone else, as its own being, I could buy that over 'HEY, check out this gizmo that snatches something that's supposed to be connected to you!'
Old 2012-10-13, 12:55   Link #1037
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It gets better. The one guy we know who's ATM disconected from his sword (Ichigo) is the one they can't steal it from. WTF!?
Old 2012-10-13, 14:42   Link #1038
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

What do you mean he's disconnected from it?
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 21:22   Link #1039
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Technically, Ichigo's weapon is completely different from his Shikai and Bankai because Mugetsu supposedly destroyed his bond with Zangetsu. IIRC.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:39   Link #1040
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Technically, Ichigo's weapon is completely different from his Shikai and Bankai because Mugetsu supposedly destroyed his bond with Zangetsu. IIRC.
So this could be the real reason Ichigo's Bankai can't be stolen?

I MUCH PREFER THIS.

Tags
bleach, chapter