AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 15
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 45 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 46 25.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 49 27.22%
7 out of 10 : Good... 23 12.78%
6 out of 10 : Average... 6 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 5 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.56%
1 out of 10 : Tortuous... 2 1.11%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-14, 02:15   Link #221
supermegasonic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Thumbs up

o wow, i thought sachi came back or something. she really does look a lot like her.

and it seems kirito is gonna be going into another game. this time he's Link!! (now to wait for an awesome crossover with these 2)
kinda surprising though how not everyone has gotten off of that game. there's definitely a reason for it. like kirito said, SAO isn't over.

the OP&ED were really good, i like the OP song, wanna DL it. and lol tiny yui!! thats adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
This author seems to have a talent for creating a certain, specific sort of horrible jerk you love to hate, doesn't he?
i guess thats his style. he doesnt do that "bad guy but he did one nice thing so we love him" crap, though i think we also like those ppl
__________________
supermegasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:17   Link #222
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ware wa Kuu. Ware wa Kou. Ware wa Jin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeofinfinity View Post
who needs asuna when u have suguha
hope kazuto changes his mind
Don't count on it though. It wouldn't make much sense after all the build up the KirixAsu pair got over the course of 14 eps.
__________________
The true last samurai...
Swordstriker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:17   Link #223
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Not to pick at egos, since I know people are entitled to their opinion, but..

Spoiler for Seriously?:


Episode 15: A nicely balanced episode with decent animation and good pacing (seems to be a rare thing in this series), along with the nice development of two characters... This is in contrast to the disasters that were episodes 13 and 14... running through 4 chapters each, with a lot of missing details and sub-par quality.

And yet this episode is voted lower? This leads me to believe that quite a few people have either short attention spans, or a poor taste.
well for me, it's not like the anime it self bad, they do more detailed in this episode and that's good, but I don't like atmosphere of the story here.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:19   Link #224
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
But we are all getting civilized and we realize that nothing is black and white. Thus, no matter how fun it is to destroy evil, there is still the fact that nobody is completely evil.
Maybe nobody is "completely" evil(and there are many arguments that can be made against such claims), but there are many who are so far off to that side they may as well be completely evil

Hitler is probably the easiest example, although there are plenty of people that are in prison (or out) that would also fall into that category.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:35   Link #225
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
So it all boils down to whether or not SAO should be watched for wish fulfillment, or as an actually good piece of work.
It's not that black and white. It's not "wish fulfillment or good piece of work, one or the other."

Simple wish fulfillment would not have something like the Black Cats guild being killed due to Kirito's mistakes "the hero screws up and gets his friends all killed" isn't exactly fulfilling wishes. Or something like this episode which pretty much included "his great power doesn't exist in the real world" as one of it's themes. Likewise a villain can be stereotypical, and still belong to a "good" work if the themes it's exploring or using don't rely on the moral ambiguity, or lack thereof of the villain.

So a work can have elements of wish fulfillment, and still be a good work, and vice versa.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:37   Link #226
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
On second watch, I noticed something. The house Kazuto and Suguha live in has a landline phone. Even right now, a lot of houses are getting rid of their landline. I'm surprised 10+ years from now that people would still use them.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:40   Link #227
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ware wa Kuu. Ware wa Kou. Ware wa Jin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
On second watch, I noticed something. The house Kazuto and Suguha live in has a landline phone. Even right now, a lot of houses are getting rid of their landline. I'm surprised 10+ years from now that people would still use them.
Maybe it's a digital landline phone lol Maybe it was a fib on the animators part. Or maybe the Kirigaya family actually likes their phones oldschool. We may never know...
__________________
The true last samurai...
Swordstriker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 03:16   Link #228
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
On second watch, I noticed something. The house Kazuto and Suguha live in has a landline phone. Even right now, a lot of houses are getting rid of their landline. I'm surprised 10+ years from now that people would still use them.
Why get rid of them? They're included in the price of the internet, here.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 04:04   Link #229
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
It's not that black and white. It's not "wish fulfillment or good piece of work, one or the other."

Simple wish fulfillment would not have something like the Black Cats guild being killed due to Kirito's mistakes "the hero screws up and gets his friends all killed" isn't exactly fulfilling wishes. Or something like this episode which pretty much included "his great power doesn't exist in the real world" as one of it's themes. Likewise a villain can be stereotypical, and still belong to a "good" work if the themes it's exploring or using don't rely on the moral ambiguity, or lack thereof of the villain.

So a work can have elements of wish fulfillment, and still be a good work, and vice versa.
Ah, I see. That makes sense. The Sachi parts really made me baww like a child.

Quote:
Maybe nobody is "completely" evil(and there are many arguments that can be made against such claims), but there are many who are so far off to that side they may as well be completely evil

Hitler is probably the easiest example, although there are plenty of people that are in prison (or out) that would also fall into that category.
I didn't say SAO will be bad just because the villain isn't sympathetic. But it certainly is a plus. XD I don't think you can use a counter to measure someone's "evilness" (That sounds creepily like Psycho-Pass, doesn't it?) or it'll again be a very simplistic way of looking at life. Hitler was a nutcase, but he became a nutcase because of his descending insanity and drunkenness over power and many other things we don't know about. It doesn't excuse his actions, but it explains it. Kayaba, too, made up SAO because he wanted to find his own dream castle. It sounds like a nutty explanation but you can actually see how a childhood obsession could twist him so much when he grew, with his genius. Exploring concepts like that makes a story very interesting to me imo. But I don't mind if ALO doesn't do that.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 04:29   Link #230
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha
So it all boils down to whether or not SAO should be watched for wish fulfillment, or as an actually good piece of work.
It's not that black and white. It's not "wish fulfillment or good piece of work, one or the other."

Simple wish fulfillment would not have something like the Black Cats guild being killed due to Kirito's mistakes "the hero screws up and gets his friends all killed" isn't exactly fulfilling wishes. Or something like this episode which pretty much included "his great power doesn't exist in the real world" as one of it's themes. Likewise a villain can be stereotypical, and still belong to a "good" work if the themes it's exploring or using don't rely on the moral ambiguity, or lack thereof of the villain.

So a work can have elements of wish fulfillment, and still be a good work, and vice versa.
I think a better question to ask is whether to watch SAO and be critical about it or watch it as pure entertainment and try not think too much into it. And as you say, there are "middle grounds", but I don't think you should watch SAO in the mood as if you're watching/reading something like Kino's Journey or Noein or even Death Note. Personally, I'm now enjoying this show as shounen action shows and try not to think too much into it and be pleasantly surprised when there are some depth to the show, instead of expecting depth all the way and coming out feeling shallow.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 04:44   Link #231
Haru-kun
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Singapore
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Not to pick at egos, since I know people are entitled to their opinion, but..

Spoiler for Seriously?:


Episode 15: A nicely balanced episode with decent animation and good pacing (seems to be a rare thing in this series), along with the nice development of two characters... This is in contrast to the disasters that were episodes 13 and 14... running through 4 chapters each, with a lot of missing details and sub-par quality.

And yet this episode is voted lower? This leads me to believe that quite a few people have either short attention spans, or a poor taste.
It's just my opinon but I think many people take SAO as a shounen anime with lots of fighting so when a episode with not many fights airs, they are not satisfied so approval vote goes down.

Personally, I find this episode quite nice because for once, the pacing was just right, not much rushing nor missing details.
Haru-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 04:46   Link #232
Domonkazu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Deutschland
Age: 30
I didn't even realize that Suguha's seiyuu is Ayana.

I wanna see Lisbeth again, does she really has pink hair irl? XD
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 05:13   Link #233
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Hey lets give it the benefit of the doubt. I've seen more cutesy fantasy settings in other games. At least the avatars aren't chibi or anything. I mean except for the wings and ears they look pretty standard.
I guess.

My trepidation probably stems from the fact that anything cutsey with bright colors I immediately associate with half-assed pay2win shovel ware MMOs that advertise all over the net like a plague...Guess I'll just wait and see what they do with the setting.
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 05:17   Link #234
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
It was a decent episode since it was good to have a change of pace but I really dislike how they had to suddenly drop in such terribly over-villainous moustache twirling character like Sugou. I hope he doesn't stay an antagonist for too long.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 05:33   Link #235
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Suguha VA is Ayana?!
At first i dun recall who she is until i check her profile that she is K-On! Azunyan VA.

Couldn`t relate it but the voice is moe especially when she woke up. XD
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 05:48   Link #236
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
A new arc, new characters and new game.

The show didn't waste time to show how evil Sugou is. Manipulative bastard who's planning to take over the company and doesn't give a damm that the Asuna doesn't like him and mocks Kirito? Check.

And we're finally introduced to Suguha, Kirito's cousin/sister voiced by Ayana "Catgirl" Taketatsu(Now SaintessHeart will leave Asuna alone since he loves any girl voiced by Ayana).

Can't wait for Kirito goes to the new game next week.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 06:24   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
^
In this case, shouldn't it be Ayana "Imouto" Taketatsu This would be her third major imouto character I believe.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 06:26   Link #238
Kamui04
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
On second watch, I noticed something. The house Kazuto and Suguha live in has a landline phone. Even right now, a lot of houses are getting rid of their landline. I'm surprised 10+ years from now that people would still use them.
You could get rid of your landline, unless your internet comes in through a line, be it wire or fiber optic. My fiber optic plan includes phone service anyways, and some other packages also include TV.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 06:49   Link #239
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Besides, was mobile communication that big a thing at the time of writing?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 06:54   Link #240
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
It's rather obvious that Sugou is your run of the mill sociopath. What is actually believable is that such people can rise to a certain position of power. It's not unheard of, though certainly, Asuna's father seems to be a poorer judge of man.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.