AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 15
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 45 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 46 25.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 49 27.22%
7 out of 10 : Good... 23 12.78%
6 out of 10 : Average... 6 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 5 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.56%
1 out of 10 : Tortuous... 2 1.11%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-14, 10:55   Link #261
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I.........I finally understand!!!

He helped Silica because her childish reminded him of Suguha!
He supported Sachi because her face reminded him of Suguha!
He party-ed with Lisbeth because her cheerfulness reminded him of Suguha!


Suguha is the best. Go Kirito!, forget Asuna and worship your sister!!
What a deep analysis

Give the character a whole episode, OP and ED and she will gain massive followers in an instant. Probably no one remembers that she had a short cameo in episode 1
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 10:59   Link #262
Zeriand
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Silica probably did remind him of Suguha if I'm not mistaken, though I doubt she was ever that... er... small? LOL
Zeriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:00   Link #263
Kimidori
Let's Play
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I.........I finally understand!!!

He helped Silica because her childish reminded him of Suguha!
He supported Sachi because her face reminded him of Suguha!
He party-ed with Lisbeth because her cheerfulness reminded him of Suguha!


Suguha is the best. Go Kirito!, forget Asuna and worship your sister!!
yeah, I support KiritoXSugu, KiritoXSugu forever.
__________________
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:05   Link #264
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I.........I finally understand!!!

He helped Silica because her childish reminded him of Suguha!
He supported Sachi because her face reminded him of Suguha!
He party-ed with Lisbeth because her cheerfulness reminded him of Suguha!


Suguha is the best. Go Kirito!, forget Asuna and worship your sister!!
Here's an add to those who don't mind cut SAO scenes that might be brought out in an OVA:
Spoiler for cut Aincrad arc scene:


Anyway, awesome OP/ED, although I prefer the OP1 instead of OP2 in terms of sound... since OP1 was more awesomer in that sense (new word, awesomer.)

We finally stop rushing SAO too much... since the first arc was technically 2 and 4/5 volumes... and I think this is for the best.
ronelm2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:11   Link #265
Tsundere Louise
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tristinian Academy of Magic
Just watched the episode. I really hate that guy Nobuyuki. I just hope that Asuna's father will hear everything about him and kick his ass so he would never get even close to Asuna or Kirito.

Aside from that, somewhat I've guessed that Suguha isn't Kirito's sister (didn't read the novel, my policy is to watch the adaptation first and then to read the original to see how much they skipped/messed up) and that she's in love with him. It was cute when she fell asleep and then woke up in his bed all red. W-Well, it's not like I would want to have a onii-chan like Kirito or anything. >///<
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic214404_2.gif
Tsundere Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:12   Link #266
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Hold on, I'm having a thought here...


What if when Asuna finally meets Suguha and completely falls for her like pretty much everyone is doing (myself included). Would Suguha fall for Asuna? I mean she's pretty irresistable in her own way. Will they both forget about Kirito. Will there be a death match?

Endless "It's a mad house!" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:17   Link #267
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Did I miss where the episode said why Mom adopted Kirito? Or did the episode just not give a reason?
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:29   Link #268
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Nope, there was no explanation of it previously.

Finally, I understand why everyone hates Sugou so much. Fuckin betch, how dare he touch Asuna like that. D:
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:35   Link #269
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Nope, there was no explanation of it previously.
Thanks. I read elsewhere a post that stated a reason for Kirito's adoption as if it were a fact. I wondered if I had missed the reason or if the post was actually just a plausible guess at a reason. Thought I'd double check.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:42   Link #270
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Did I miss where the episode said why Mom adopted Kirito? Or did the episode just not give a reason?
No. The reason was stated in the novel in narrative during that scene, but it was one of the details the episode skipped. It just includes the part where he's mentioned as being genetically her nephew.

It's not a big deal. One of those things that's easy enough to guess that I can see why they didn't try to work it in.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:56   Link #271
Raxex
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Whats wrong with you PEOPLE!!!! OMG Asuna + Kirito 4EVER!!! xD Not Sugu+Kirito..... you MISSED all episodes or WHAT?!!!!!!
Raxex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 12:13   Link #272
Zeriand
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Sorry dude, I've always thought that the anime's Asuna character design is inferior to the illustrations so not much love for Asuna. But Suguha, WOW man, she's just... exquisite. =3=3=3
Zeriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 12:37   Link #273
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Thanks. I read elsewhere a post that stated a reason for Kirito's adoption as if it were a fact. I wondered if I had missed the reason or if the post was actually just a plausible guess at a reason. Thought I'd double check.
Maybe the poster read the LNs lol. The world may never know~
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:04   Link #274
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Yes, strangling the crap out of an evil antagonist DOES make people feel good, which is why it is present in most fairytales and stories aimed for children. It is because it appeals to the most primal of our desires, to want to destroy evil (aka people who oppose us), and to see the world in the most simplistic form possible. But we are all getting civilized and we realize that nothing is black and white. Thus, no matter how fun it is to destroy evil, there is still the fact that nobody is completely evil. Thus, to show otherwise is just going to be unrealistic and to some extent, immature, as it shows a childish perception of the world.

So it all boils down to whether or not SAO should be watched for wish fulfillment, or as an actually good piece of work.
We are all getting civilized? You haven't turned on the news over the past oh.... Since TV's were invented have you?

In a world where children are turned into suicide bombers, where kids are abducted, raped, killed, then buried in the woods, where Ambassadors are pulled out of their buildings and murdered, then drug through the streets by crowds, where Drug Cartels go into Casino/Hotels in Mexico, and murder dozens of people, where you can wake up one morning, and see a dozen people hanging from bridges.... The list goes on.

I'd say you are the one with a very idealistic, but not realistic view of the world, and what humans are capable of doing.
__________________
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:20   Link #275
Raxex
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
Sorry dude, I've always thought that the anime's Asuna character design is inferior to the illustrations so not much love for Asuna. But Suguha, WOW man, she's just... exquisite. =3=3=3

How you can say this asuna is best he love her she love him they were together all time =). Ill be so sad if he forget her...
Raxex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:26   Link #276
dredmorte
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I had a feeling they should have developed SAO more and that the show should have ended with them waking up to the real world after defeating Heathcliff. Or dieing. Even if it was a shitty ending like Mass Effect 3, with no closure, I'd still have prefered such a thing to "milking the cow". When I found out episode 14 was not the end, I had a bad feeling things would go downhill.

All my fears were confirmed upon seeing the new OP.

ELVES? BLOODY POINTY EARED ELVES? WTF
dredmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:27   Link #277
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
I had a feeling they should have developed SAO more and that the show should have ended with them waking up to the real world after defeating Heathcliff. Or dieing. Even if it was a shitty ending like Mass Effect 3, with no closure, I'd still have prefered such a thing to "milking the cow". When I found out episode 14 was not the end, I had a bad feeling things would go downhill.

All my fears were confirmed upon seeing the new OP.

ELVES? BLOODY POINTY EARED ELVES? WTF
This is how the Novel went though. This isn't milking the cow, this is expanding on the entire universe that this story is based on.
__________________
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:34   Link #278
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
Silica probably did remind him of Suguha if I'm not mistaken, though I doubt she was ever that... er... small? LOL
Maybe Suguha had her growth spurt while he was in SAO. Must have made the reunion amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
ELVES? BLOODY POINTY EARED ELVES? WTF
Wow. People sure love to harp about stupid details. Pointed ears. That's it, drop the series, 'cause there's no going back from that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:38   Link #279
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
@relentless, i'm not a novel reader, so i can't exactly say i'm hyping up the rage. i've just been watching anime for a long long time and can read the signs. but lets face it, not exactly hard to read into that line of thought. haha.

couldn't they figure out what game Asuna look alike is in, login to it, verify its her, tell her what's going on, and have her respond accordingly? or does that make too much sense?
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:43   Link #280
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
couldn't they figure out what game Asuna look alike is in, login to it, verify its her, tell her what's going on, and have her respond accordingly? or does that make too much sense?
Well, who's to say that isn't exactly what's going to happen next? As of right now, a look-alike has only been spotted behind a gate, and the picture passed along to Kirito. Now they have to go find her. We've got 11 episodes of story; it doesn't all need to be resolved in episode one.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.