AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-15, 13:02   Link #3281
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 30
I wonder how I manage to mess that up ahah sorry!

That's cool that your using his skills, that armour mod is really detailed and pretty realistic for Skyrim.
When are you thinking of getting this mod developed?
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 14:14   Link #3282
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I wonder how I manage to mess that up ahah sorry!

That's cool that your using his skills, that armour mod is really detailed and pretty realistic for Skyrim.
When are you thinking of getting this mod developed?
Soon as I can finalize all the details and get the references images he asked for drawn up and sent, and then me and Hoth can talk contracts. Assuming I can still afford it seeing how I just lost my job.

You can look over the details I've got so far; it's just a page back.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 14:27   Link #3283
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I've found that a lot of hothtrooper's work works just fine with CBBE even though he's using the vanilla framework. Trial and error testing of pieces.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 14:31   Link #3284
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Unfortunately right now Immersive Armors is bugged with the guards; the mod screws up their identification of armor dialogue. Supposed to be fixed in the update that's coming.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 14:44   Link #3285
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 30
Just read over your details for the mod Rising Dragon, I feel like a idiot now.

Its a cool concept you have with merging the armours, together to make one ultimate piece. Would this have better stats then dragon armour or would it stay the same?
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 14:47   Link #3286
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Just read over your details for the mod Rising Dragon, I feel like a idiot now.

Its a cool concept you have with merging the armours, together to make one ultimate piece. Would this have better stats then dragon armour or would it stay the same?
On par or a little bit better than Daedric. Given how Dragonscale is better than the traditional ultimate light armor (glass), and how the Dragonbone Cuirass from previous games were better stats-wise than the Daedric Cuirass, the Dragonplate Armor should've been the ultimate heavy armor in Skyrim.

Unfortunately that's not the case, so I might as well make my armor at least on equal footing as an alternative. It'll probably just as heavy, if not more, though, and it can only be acquired via crafting.

I also told hothtrooper44 in the initial set of details that he's free to release it to the public if he wants, and add it to Immersive Armors if he feels it fits.
__________________

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-10-15 at 23:40.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 14:59   Link #3287
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 30
That's fine, to be honest When I get past level 30 I usually just start using armour which looks the coolest for my character. Even on the hardest difficulty. So as long as it looks nice I am sure Hoth will want to put it in his mod.
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 17:58   Link #3288
DuoRanger
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: who knows?
it sucks that i don't have even a single coin to task hoth or omega to convert NAO's Plate armor from Oblivion to skyrim

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/36527

ironically this armor fits perfectly with omegared99's Vardis and bergonet Helmet
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 18:02   Link #3289
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Having someone other than the original author convert something might prove troublesome. But it does appear that Nao is active on the site still, if the stream is any indication. Why not fire off a PM to him/her over the forum requesting the conversion? (if you haven't done so already)
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 23:17   Link #3290
DuoRanger
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Having someone other than the original author convert something might prove troublesome. But it does appear that Nao is active on the site still, if the stream is any indication. Why not fire off a PM to him/her over the forum requesting the conversion? (if you haven't done so already)
well i sent a message about that, but he isn't too active on skyrim nexus

thus lately the number of mimimi's there about mod port is increasing, like james cameron raising the moral sense bar in south park
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 07:13   Link #3291
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 30
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/16/sk...n-patch-files/

Oooooooooo exciting :O I really want to see how this will work.
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 08:01   Link #3292
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/16/sk...n-patch-files/

Oooooooooo exciting :O I really want to see how this will work.
For modders, it means more official content to work with and produce fresh new mods in an expanded world.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 08:10   Link #3293
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 30
+ Incoming Dragon armour mods, haha
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 09:21   Link #3294
DuoRanger
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: who knows?
Solstheim....

I knew it that Beth is trying to bring back the Snow elves, the Assension of the Dark Elves and Even more clues about who's the prick sonovabitch controlling the Aldmeri Dominion(It can't be coincidence that the only person who wants immortality at all costs it's no one less than the King of Worms)
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 12:58   Link #3295
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I was actually wondering if Solstheim was going to appear in Skyrim, given how it's land contested between Skyrim and Morrowind.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 19:52   Link #3296
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 38
Halls of Dovahndor -- the ultimate player home? By the size of it, well, yes it's an immense palace that I could fit the entire population of the game inside, with more room to spare, and to make the Emperor green with envy.

But personally I prefer my humble abode on the green grass.

-----------
All right, here's my take on this debate on lore and non-lore arguments that have divided the game player community, stemmed from this mod ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25395/ ):

Everyone has the right to do what he or she wants with the game, to create it as their own Skyrim installation with whatever mods they want. They don't go around Nex to tell others what they like or hate, and what style should they be following. In my case, I want my Skyrim to be a little more like Twelve Kingdoms, as my character is dressed in a school uniform.

However, I'm appalled by the insistence on "lore purity" and the mindset that reminds me too much of purists elsewhere in other fandoms, in which such purists hate anime influences and "Final Fantasization" of Skyrim altering the game's appearance (i.e. Skyhair, body mods, armor, etc.). I also find such purism and snide commentary an insult to those who put in hundreds or even thousands of man-hours taken to produce non-lore yet elaborate mods.

BTW, not all hairstyles in SkyHair look as if they came from the salon. For my character I gave her simple long, straight hair.
__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2012-10-19 at 01:27.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 15:29   Link #3297
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 30
I am about to install that "Halls of Dovahndor" it looks so awesome

Does anyone know a good pack of mods for graphics? Mine are all mixed up now and the game doesn't look as pretty as it use to.
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 15:41   Link #3298
cronnoponno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
-----------
All right, here's my take on this debate on lore and non-lore arguments that have divided the game player community, stemmed from this mod ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25395/ ):

Everyone has the right to do what he or she wants with the game, to create it as their own Skyrim installation with whatever mods they want. They don't go around Nex to tell others what they like or hate, and what style should they be following. In my case, I want my Skyrim to be a little more like Twelve Kingdoms, as my character is dressed in a school uniform.

However, I'm appalled by the insistence on "lore purity" and the mindset that reminds me too much of purists elsewhere in other fandoms, in which such purists hate anime influences and "Final Fantasization" of Skyrim altering the game's appearance (i.e. Skyhair, body mods, armor, etc.). I also find such purism and snide commentary an insult to those who put in hundreds or even thousands of man-hours taken to produce non-lore yet elaborate mods.

BTW, not all hairstyles in SkyHair look as if they came from the salon. For my character I gave her simple long, straight hair.
I'm about 50/50 on this, while I try to keep the game have a sense of immersion, I will end up breaking lore to:
1: Make the females less ugly, while giving them RIDICULOUS hairstyles would be taking it too far, I am willing to push a little here, I like the warrior Ria companion mod lol.
2.Certain outfits, I don't think I'd go as far as a school uniform, but I would definitely use many outlandish clothing types that Skyrim would have never seen before.
3.Make guys less ugly(though these are harder to find, without making them super thin and hearthrobbingly muscled, I like the Vanilla male body but I'd like to make the faces less ugly at times).
4: Weight, I don't care how much people say it's cheating, 15 pounds per dragon bone?!? Potions and ingredients having weight? Ores? I think most equips, misc, and books are good enough.


I respect pretty much all mods though, the only mods I really dislike are ones that go OVER the top to break the game. Like 90% of the ''new spell'' mods, I checked out that wizard academy mod and the spells were downright broken and silly looking, if Elder Scrolls was an mmo than those spells would have looked like a maxed out private server. I was trying to find a good expansion of spells in the game, and they are either boring and barely change much, or are crazy machinegun nukes.



Just tried the ''SkyRE'' (Skyrim Redone) mod and I am absolutely loving it, this is probably the BEST mod I have gotten in my search to expand this game, it makes the game so much more challenging and it's surprisingly compatible with a huge number of mods. I also like the buffs it gave to alteration to make spellblading much cooler(ability to enchant elements on your weapon temporarly, but can't if it's already enchanted and the enchants are only ''kinda good'' but a cheap and effective alternative for the most part), epic nerfs on enchanting, revamped perk trees(10% speed buff perk if using a spell in one hand and not a shield, as well as a perk to negate damage if you strike at the same time they do while dual wielding), it nearly revamps every single thing in the game, yet manages not to break shit, I still haven't discovered all the crap this mod has newly done, best mod ever.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9286
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 17:08   Link #3299
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Halls of Dovahndor -- the ultimate player home? By the size of it, well, yes it's an immense palace that I could fit the entire population of the game inside, with more room to spare, and to make the Emperor green with envy.

But personally I prefer my humble abode on the green grass.

-----------
All right, here's my take on this debate on lore and non-lore arguments that have divided the game player community, stemmed from this mod ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25395/ ):

Everyone has the right to do what he or she wants with the game, to create it as their own Skyrim installation with whatever mods they want. They don't go around Nex to tell others what they like or hate, and what style should they be following. In my case, I want my Skyrim to be a little more like Twelve Kingdoms, as my character is dressed in a school uniform.

However, I'm appalled by the insistence on "lore purity" and the mindset that reminds me too much of purists elsewhere in other fandoms, in which such purists hate anime influences and "Final Fantasization" of Skyrim altering the game's appearance (i.e. Skyhair, body mods, armor, etc.). I also find such purism and snide commentary an insult to those who put in hundreds or even thousands of man-hours taken to produce non-lore yet elaborate mods.

BTW, not all hairstyles in SkyHair look as if they came from the salon. For my character I gave her simple long, straight hair.
I'm neither "purist" (whatever the hell that means -- to me it means "vanilla as the game designer intended with no mods" ). Nor am I a lover of the mods that are the anatomy-fail-boobs or stripper "armor" or even the joke mods. I'm more a 'somewhat pretty but grubby high fantasy" -- Lord of the Rings with a bit of Conan perhaps. I want my female character to look competent and stylish.

This means I have to wade through mounds of "crap" to find stuff I like ... somewhat like wading through dozens of anime series to find one that isn't just last week's hash.

So it goes, that's the cool thing about the game -- the mod ability makes it far more replayable. I happily have gone through almost a dozen characters thanks to mods and paths that kept it interesting.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 09:37   Link #3300
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 30
So no one has recommendations for graphical mods? I feel ashamed :P
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.