AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-10-17, 05:57   Link #10841
csuree
The Most Wanted™

Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, questions: What are people's thoughts regarding 1) infidelity and 2) prenuptial agreements?

1) depending on the situation it can be either good or bad, Good if you cheat on an abusive person, Bad if that person is good. I am not pro or against it but if my GF will be a lovable person i will not cheat on her....but if she turns out to be not my type then I will look for another one, and break up with her.

2) I say it is a must. At least here in my country these are like protected not like in the US. And thinking that my parents worked all their life for the apartment I live in (sorry for the crude lang, ladies it is not personal) I wouldn't let a little money-hungry bitch take half of their or my hard work. I just respect myself. Anyways here most of the girls tend to have expectations from the boys: to have a car, a place to live and then she would come bringing only herself and nothing more....excuse me... but if they have expectations for me then i will have too....
sign the contract.....if she really loves me for who i am then she will sign it no problemo....if not...."you know where the door is, darling"....

maybe i am putting it a bit harsh but it is the same for the girls... they know what they want and never give in for anything lower....

PS. for now i am still single.. but i am not depressed about it...i conquered many of my issues...but some are persistent so the fight continues. :P

I'll be back for more a bit later.
Old 2012-10-17, 14:53   Link #10842
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Well, I'm back to reply to you guys:

Like I said, I've been trying to get out more, however, the fact that I have mid-terms right now has kind of put that on hold. As per cons, I might go to one next year.

I am actually not at all interested in getting drunk. I just thought that would be a good place to meet girls who are single.

Hmmm... a frat boy and an otaku.... I thought that combination was prohibited by several laws of physics.... just kidding, don't take any offense to that.

As per me and frat boys, I have something of an envy-hate-ignore relationship with them, again, no offense to you. In spite of what my previous post said, I'm usually in the "ignore" state.

The only thing that I can say as far as my bizarre desire to "infiltrate" a date party, I comes down to my unusual psychology. Lets just say, I started to view date parties as a second shot at my failed prom in high school. Now I had that view in freshman year in university, but I had abandoned it until it resurfaced recently after I heard about a person's "experience" with a his date after prom. And lets just say said experience matched a fantasy of mine, which I will not share with you (no matter how much your ask! But lets say its an act I am determined to perform before I die)

Either way, I started to associated prom with that "event" and the "fantasy", and looked for a college equivalent, and remembered the date parties. So I was determined to "take back" the "memories stolen by Asperger's", and get a date to a date party. When I remembered that the Greek people keep outsiders out.

So yeah, I was pissed off, as they seemed to me to be planning to keep me from my "fantasy". However, in my more "sane" side of myself, I realized the prom or similar event is in no way associated with my actual "fantasy".

Rather than copying someone else's experience, I should create my own.

As per the "fantasy". In fact, I checked an adult dating service, and discovered there were plenty of women with similar "sexual interests", and, while my current situation- no car, live at home, makes using said service difficult, most people on the dating service were 25-35, so I have plenty of time left.

Still, I do sometimes feel I would like a second shot at prom-like experience. Is a nightclub my best bet?
Not to be rude, but someone mind answering my questions?
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 15:06   Link #10843
ViolentLove

^ Okay, so you want a girl.

What kind of girl?
You want a friend, a sexual partner, a romantic partner?
Where are you taking her? Or do you just want a girl?
What are you bringing to her life, and why do you want her to be a part of your life?
ViolentLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 15:46   Link #10844
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
@NinjaRealist -- Although he's just an acquaintance I offer my sincere condolences. It's never something pleasant.
Thanks mate. He was just a nice guy I knew ( a friend of many of my friends) who had helped me out on a few occasion, so it wasn't an enormous personal tragedy, but seeing all the grieving family members when they held a memorial service at my school, it really made me think about how this kind of thing can affect people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Not to be rude, but someone mind answering my questions?
I feel like a lot of people have given you roughly the same answer to roughly the same question that you keep asking.

Based on this and your previous posts, it seems like what you want is not really a girlfriend but a sexual encounter. Sex is a big part of having a girlfriend but actually, having a girlfriend is more about having someone to talk to and spend time with, because this is 95% of what boyfriends and girlfriends do with each other.

You also seem to see attending a fraternity party as some kind of magical gateway to getting laid. I assure you this is not the case. No matter where you are a, a girl will not hook up with you unless:

a) The girl is physically attracted to you.

b) The girl is emotionally attracted to you (though be warned, for some people physical attraction IS emotional attraction).

c) The girl thinks they can gain something from you (not only money but social status and fame).

d) The girl has heard wild rumors about your sexual prowess from all of her friends.(read desire to get off and expectation that you can fulfill that desire)

Unless you can fulfill one of these four conditions then you're chances of getting laid are slim to none my friend. It doesn't matter if you are at a frat party or if you are at an anime convention (I have never been to an anime convention so I am actually not sure if people ever get laid there, though I have heard about wild hotel parties at conventions from people I knew on IRC) this will almost always be the case.

You need to start looking at things more empathically. By this I mean you need to ask yourself a simple but serious question, "Why would a girl want to date/have sex with me?" If you don't have a lot of confident answers to that question then what you really need most is to develop yourself into someone that does.

And this is why I keep going back to the muscles thing. It may be hard to grow muscles, but it's still easier than the other way of increasing your desirability, such as getting your own place, getting your own car/motorcycle, becoming an excellent conversationalist, these are all more difficult than getting some muscle definition.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:21   Link #10845
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
Thanks mate. He was just a nice guy I knew ( a friend of many of my friends) who had helped me out on a few occasion, so it wasn't an enormous personal tragedy, but seeing all the grieving family members when they held a memorial service at my school, it really made me think about how this kind of thing can affect people.

I feel like a lot of people have given you roughly the same answer to roughly the same question that you keep asking.

Based on this and your previous posts, it seems like what you want is not really a girlfriend but a sexual encounter. Sex is a big part of having a girlfriend but actually, having a girlfriend is more about having someone to talk to and spend time with, because this is 95% of what boyfriends and girlfriends do with each other.

You also seem to see attending a fraternity party as some kind of magical gateway to getting laid. I assure you this is not the case. No matter where you are a, a girl will not hook up with you unless:

b) The girl is emotionally attracted to you (though be warned, for some people physical attraction IS emotional attraction).

c) The girl thinks they can gain something from you (not only money but social status and fame).

d) The girl has heard wild rumors about your sexual prowess from all of her friends.(read desire to get off and expectation that you can fulfill that desire)

Unless you can fulfill one of these four conditions then you're chances of getting laid are slim to none my friend. It doesn't matter if you are at a frat party or if you are at an anime convention (I have never been to an anime convention so I am actually not sure if people ever get laid there, though I have heard about wild hotel parties at conventions from people I knew on IRC) this will almost always be the case.

You need to start looking at things more empathically. By this I mean you need to ask yourself a simple but serious question, "Why would a girl want to date/have sex with me?" If you don't have a lot of confident answers to that question then what you really need most is to develop yourself into someone that does.

And this is why I keep going back to the muscles thing. It may be hard to grow muscles, but it's still easier than the other way of increasing your desirability, such as getting your own place, getting your own car/motorcycle, becoming an excellent conversationalist, these are all more difficult than getting some muscle definition.
Ahhh... I know, I was just feeling kind of well... you know at the moment...

I should try just getting to know girls... But it annoys me when all the ones I try to get to know are taken...

Either way, as far as sex is concerned, I'm sure if I keep trying I'll eventually succeed. If I don't succeed the normal way, I suspect in the future, I'll look on an adult dating service or something....
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 08:40   Link #10846
ViolentLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post

What kind of girls do you like hooking up with?
ViolentLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 10:44   Link #10847
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentLove View Post
What kind of girls do you like hooking up with?
I guess random hookups have always been more of a quest to me than something I've actually enjoyed, although it's only within the last year that I've become comfortable enough with my sexuality to admit this fact. Once you have hooked up with so many girls, you start to see sex as just meaningless body contact and you start to become immune to the opposite sex (by this I mean I almost never feel a strong enough attraction to anyone to care anymore: this is a double-edged sword)

But there was a point where I ran around like a rabbit trying to screw almost any girl that would let me. At that point, my only criterion were that the girl was:

a) Attractive.

b) Interested in having sex with me.

But, though I've had my fair share of one night stands, I was always more into dating than random sex.

I guess the kind of girls I have dated tend to have 4 characteristics:

a) Fairly masculine, in both appearance and personality, especially for hetero girls.

b) Enjoys serious conversation and enjoys serious entertainment.

c) Unusually has a wide frame with bigger hips and a heavier build (never been very interested in skinny girls)

d) Is a bit insane. (they'd have to be crazy to put up with a crazy-man like myself.

Other than these traits, all of my girlfriends have been pretty different. I'm not sure why you are asking me this, or what you hope to gain from my answer, but this is the most honest one I can give.
Old 2012-10-30, 14:06   Link #10848
willx
Nyaaan~~

Left without comment, just to be "wry"

willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 19:16   Link #10849
Paradoxine

Quote:
Left without comment, just to be "wry"

Hmm most of the guys I know would have an uninterested part taking up 2/3 of the meter. I'd also increase the uninterested part for women to at least 1/2 of their pie chart. But obviously everyone will have different experiences. Interesting post though
Old 2012-11-04, 17:19   Link #10850
csuree
The Most Wanted™

Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Phew since halloween there wasn't a single post. That is unacceptable. (smile)

I genuinely found out the fact that I am depressed. I searched for symptoms and consulted with people and the fact that i am uninterested in dating is because of this. It is an advanced form of it so i would likely to have a big change in my life or it will advance further. Now that is really refreshing to know. But I don't see how i could have my view of my life changed into a more positive one.
I was thinking of one of your comments on going to work out, maybe if i do that my opinion about me will change and that might have a positive effect. As i will get my salary soon i will try it. It will not hurt. But thinking that i will be spending my birthday, christmas and new year alone again, brings me down.

Also a fellow from work she said maybe smart people don't tend to be happy. I asked her why does she think i am smart ( i try and keep it a secret. IQ = 147), cuz i pretend i am an average guy. She said it is visible because it is like all of my steps are calculated. Then i told her about the truth. She is like that too. Only she is in a relationship and also sh is not my type.
So knowing this girls see through me like glass. Oh well. This is like a stab in the chest. I fail at pretending too. It was expected. I fail like at everything that depends on social interaction.
No no no no. I should not think like that of myself. I should be more positive.

Well i will write later on. B-bye. And good luck.
Sorry for all the mistakes ihave written this from my "smartphone".
Old 2012-11-04, 17:51   Link #10851
monsta666

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Also a fellow from work she said maybe smart people don't tend to be happy. I asked her why does she think i am smart ( i try and keep it a secret. IQ = 147), cuz i pretend i am an average guy. She said it is visible because it is like all of my steps are calculated. Then i told her about the truth. She is like that too. Only she is in a relationship and also sh is not my type.
So knowing this girls see through me like glass. Oh well. This is like a stab in the chest. I fail at pretending too. It was expected. I fail like at everything that depends on social interaction.
Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I think it is important to realise that relationships are not the end all and be all of life. You can lead a fulfilling and rewarding life without being in a relationship; you just need to find something that is worthwhile to you. Other posters have suggested exercise as one means of achieving this, and it is certainly a good suggestion, but at the same time it is not for everyone. Find a hobby you enjoy and try and become proficient in that skill. You say you have a high IQ, perhaps it would be an idea to pursue something that challenges your mind?

The other good side point of doing this is should you then become interested in pursuing a relationship at some future date then this hobby would make you a more interesting person. In any case good luck and I wish you all the best. I hope your depression is not too serious.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 13:29   Link #10852
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Also a fellow from work she said maybe smart people don't tend to be happy. I asked her why does she think i am smart ( i try and keep it a secret. IQ = 147), cuz i pretend i am an average guy.
A good amount of alcohol will get that IQ% down quick AND make you happier to boot
I know it worked wonders for me when I was considered 'smart'
Old 2012-11-06, 08:43   Link #10853
Knightrunner

Quote:
Phew since halloween there wasn't a single post. That is unacceptable. (smile)

I genuinely found out the fact that I am depressed. I searched for symptoms and consulted with people and the fact that i am uninterested in dating is because of this. It is an advanced form of it so i would likely to have a big change in my life or it will advance further. Now that is really refreshing to know. But I don't see how i could have my view of my life changed into a more positive one.
I was thinking of one of your comments on going to work out, maybe if i do that my opinion about me will change and that might have a positive effect. As i will get my salary soon i will try it. It will not hurt. But thinking that i will be spending my birthday, christmas and new year alone again, brings me down.

Well i will write later on. B-bye. And good luck.
Sorry for all the mistakes ihave written this from my "smartphone".
Hate to tell you this, but the smarter you are the harder it is to hide. Just your behavior alone should give cues that you're definitely above the average. Just be yourself and try to find people that can keep up with you. My challenge for you is to change small habits you do everyday to make life a little bit more interesting. If you usually drink coffee add cherry flavor. If you usually use your laptop at home just go to Starbucks and use your laptop there. You might be able to find something that may inspire you and kickstart your thought process.

PS I think some smarter people tend to be less happy because they cannot blend into society and actually are aware of the unique problems of soceity and themselves. My recommendation is to pay attention to small activities of life and enjoy the simple moments like taking the time to watch birds fly.
Old 2012-11-07, 15:05   Link #10854
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
PS I think some smarter people tend to be less happy because they cannot blend into society and actually are aware of the unique problems of soceity and themselves.
I would argue just the opposite. If you're truly smart, you'll realize how little value intelligence actually has. It certainly shouldn't impact your activities or social life. I like to play DDR and my friends like to play DDR. Does it really matter if I can do long division in my head and they can't?

As far as happiness goes, all happiness is just a state of mind. It doesn't matter if you're too dumb to see the negative or if you simply choose to ignore the negative; either way, you're happy, regardless of how "smart" you are. Besides, if you can see all the problems in the world, you should certainly be able to see all the good in the world as well. It's up to you which one you focus on.
Old 2012-11-08, 13:50   Link #10855
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
I would argue just the opposite. If you're truly smart, you'll realize how little value intelligence actually has. It certainly shouldn't impact your activities or social life. I like to play DDR and my friends like to play DDR. Does it really matter if I can do long division in my head and they can't?

As far as happiness goes, all happiness is just a state of mind. It doesn't matter if you're too dumb to see the negative or if you simply choose to ignore the negative; either way, you're happy, regardless of how "smart" you are. Besides, if you can see all the problems in the world, you should certainly be able to see all the good in the world as well. It's up to you which one you focus on.
I couldn't agree more in what you just said except for the intelligence part. I do believe once you hit a certain level of intelligence then you'll notice how you cannot fit in with the masses sometimes. Not fitting in, leads to feeling awkward, which can lead to feeling down, which may lead to not noticing potential partners. It's great to have friends to share activities like DDR, video games, sports, etc. But when it comes down to it, I can't talk about professional sports all day. It really helps finding people that can understand my ideals sometimes.
Old 2012-11-08, 20:08   Link #10856
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I wouldn't call it intelligence.

It's worldliness.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 18:42   Link #10857
winterbaby
N.O.E

Wink worst break up

Well my friends and I were playing this game called "Confessions". Then I just remembered about my first boyfriend. I was in Florida with my uncle at the time, and I starting going out with hi. Then like 5 minutes later he was all bitchy and I ended up pushing hike in a closet and called him a fucker!! Now that I look back, I feel bad for him. What was the worst break up you had??
Old 2012-11-10, 18:52   Link #10858
HiddenMessage
HuH~?

There is a dating thread somewhere in here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31376
But I'll give it a go...
It was a while ago but it still bugged me till this day. I was eating lunch and chatting with my usual group of friends when she walked up to me and slapped me across the face while shouting "you're a "egotistic moron" who has no idea how difficult it is to be a women and that if I walk a day in her shoes I would jump off the school's roof". Till this day I had no idea what I did to trigger this outburst or what she meant. Oh well. Moving on right? : \
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 14:39   Link #10859
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Well, I was someones worst breakup
She was 'the straw that broke the camel's back'
I'm not a joke, I'm not a piece of gum, I'm human (or at least, I thought I was)

To this day still looking for that emotional 'off-button' people think I have
Old 2012-11-12, 18:36   Link #10860
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Huurgh.

So last night I was kinda downer cos of formal (even though I really shouldn't be, everyone was just there to have fun, and it was pretty fun.)

So then I go call my ex before I go to bed (yes, I know, this already sounds bad.) to see how she's doing and everything, considering we haven't properly talked in like 6 or 7 months, lol.

Haah, well now I wish I hadn't. It's the loneliness talking, considering I haven't had a girlfriend in a year and a bit. Now I feel like I'm going in a downward spiral =_= She's happy enough alright, which is good, but the boyfriend she has now is like me v2.0. Not even kidding. :/

Welp, gotta keep trucking on, no? Although considering the 3 month break between now and my starting uni, tis going to still be a long wait =_=
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom