AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-18, 04:53   Link #41
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
I don't quite like the idea of artificially created fruits. This may lead to some sort of DF powered armies.

I didn't notice, that it was supposed Doflamingo, that Momonosuke was seeing. I mistook it for CC.
Maybe it's part of the Zoan abilities to see the future, and his vision was a glimpse of something to come.
Does anyone has any infos on supposed powers of asian dragons?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 09:36   Link #42
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Other than the obvious questions that are in the chapter, I wonder what makes Momonosuke to be on that ship in the first place?

Momo sneak himself on board for some reason, and the face he sees while losing his conscious seems to be Doflamingo, could that be a hint that Doflamingo's base is in Wano?
Why would his base be in Wano? If it was they would already show us.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 09:41   Link #43
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't quite like the idea of artificially created fruits. This may lead to some sort of DF powered armies.

Honestly, I don't think that the artificial fruits will be a common thing. Mainly because as I said in my last post, they seem very difficult to produce (in fact, Momo's fruit was even noted to be a failed experiment). My guess is that it would only be a select few characters who'll have artificial DF powers (most likely among the marines, top-secret government personnel like CP9, or the pacifistas).


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Does anyone has any infos on supposed powers of asian dragons?

Like bigdeal000 above said, Asian dragons tend to have an affinity with water. But seeing as modern fiction depicts Asian-style dragons with all sorts of magical powers, it's not really guaranteed that Momo will have a water-based ability.....



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Why would his base be in Wano? If it was they would already show us.

His main base may not be in Wano (I'm pretty sure that island from a few chapters back is his HQ), that doesn't mean that he wouldn't have a base in Samurai Land. We already know he runs various businesses all over the GL (like the slave shops at Sabaody), so I don't think the idea is impossible.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-10-18 at 09:52.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 10:29   Link #44
raziel16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
It actually seems to be more the 'armament' haki, which makes sense for a lot of people to have. In fact, Sanji and Zoro probably have it too since you need it to be able to fight logia, and Luffy confirmed that those two were also able to fight logia when talking with Law.
Armament haki does not necessarily turn your body part/weapon color to black. Rayleigh stands against Kizaru just fine and his arms/sword did not turned black.

I was thinking that Luffy's armament haki is special, that he managed to evolve it to the point that it made the harderning turning his skin color to black.

But apparently, high level tekkai is also turn skin/weapon to black. And if smoker elbow turned black, I don't even know if that is tekkai/haki. Seems all the same now, and that's why it becomes common and not fun anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am surprise that Monet's devil fruit is Logia, I expected Zoan or Mythical Zoan. She appears to be a Harpy when she first appeared.
When she first cast that snow hut, it's obvious that she isnt zoan. But there was flashback somewhere showing her having normal humans arms and legs, so my guess is the wings and talons are Law's doing (like he attached sheep legs to those guards)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Honestly, I don't think that the artificial fruits will be a common thing.
Agreed with this one. Imagine a squad of quake fruit user...
raziel16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 11:15   Link #45
ZeroForever
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: all and none
i'm thinking the black effect is just to show us the reader the haki rather then it physically turning black as luffy can see/perceive the haki now where as before the time skip he couldn't which is why it didn't show in the fights before the time skip.
__________________
the anti-thesis of myself
ZeroForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 12:09   Link #46
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Water and weather related I think. Not anything about predicting the future as far as I know.
form a Chinese perceptive not sure if there is any difference to the japanese ver.

Asian Dragons are usually associated with Water, specifically they are the rulers on Seas, Rivers and Ponds/Wells (basically any body of water). These are the most prevalent however there are other types. The Dragon King of the Seas are also responsible for Rain.

5-Claw Gold Dragon - Associate with Royalty, The Chinese Emperor's Robe is usually call the Dragon Robe.

There are also Earth Dragons and Fire Dragons.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 13:35   Link #47
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
His main base may not be in Wano (I'm pretty sure that island from a few chapters back is his HQ), that doesn't mean that he wouldn't have a base in Samurai Land. We already know he runs various businesses all over the GL (like the slave shops at Sabaody), so I don't think the idea is impossible.

Why would he have a base in a island where it's closed door policies? If it was in Wano it would be mentioned already.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 15:47   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
So they are elementals basically. Well, that's far away from any form of fortune telling I know of. A question since you seem to be well-versed in this: where they related to metal and wood too? (the other 2 of the 5 chinese elements)
As far as i know Asian Dragons are not associated with Wood or Metal.

The closest Dragons has to do with fortune telling has do with this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_bone

Turtles/Genbu are consider a type of Dragon.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 16:07   Link #49
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona;4402316[b
]Why would he have a base in a island where it's closed door policies?[/b] If it was in Wano it would be mentioned already.
Think you just answered your own question right there, bud. After all, I very much doubt that you can call the type of business Doflamingo runs legitimate. So why NOT set up a base in an island that's isolated from the rest of the world?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 16:18   Link #50
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
re-reading that chapter i don't think that Donflamingo that Momo saw. I think that Luffy with a scary face and Momo hallucinating a bit.
__________________

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-10-18 at 18:05.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 16:50   Link #51
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
When she first cast that snow hut, it's obvious that she isnt zoan. But there was flashback somewhere showing her having normal humans arms and legs, so my guess is the wings and talons are Law's doing (like he attached sheep legs to those guards)
Could still be a mythical zoan like Marco's phoenix; would explain the talons and feathers too.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 17:43   Link #52
bonsobon
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Think you just answered your own question right there, bud. After all, I very much doubt that you can call the type of business Doflamingo runs legitimate. So why NOT set up a base in an island that's isolated from the rest of the world?
Marvel I doubt Wano would allow someone like Doflamingo to set up shop on their island, considering their attitude to the WG and anyone associated with it.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 17:45   Link #53
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
Marvel I doubt Wano would allow someone like Doflamingo to set up shop on their island, considering their attitude to the WG and anyone associated with it.
that depends

1. Donflamingo could be form the Wano originally.
or
2. He bribe/blackmail somebody

either one would do it.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 18:03   Link #54
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Realistically, that image might be a distorted Luffy, but it looks more like Doflamingo to me that Momo just happens to overlap the two...


Anyway assuming it to be Doflamingo.

The key here is that Momo was not kidnaped, he went onto the ship on his own due to certain event.

What that mean is that Momo went on the board of the kidnaped ship in Wano country.


Unless he was traveling on a Journey with Kinemon (which he hasn't mentioned it) or Momo was kidnapped first by someone and then escaped and somehow got on board to CC's ship.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 19:15   Link #55
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Think you just answered your own question right there, bud. After all, I very much doubt that you can call the type of business Doflamingo runs legitimate. So why NOT set up a base in an island that's isolated from the rest of the world?
None of the Marines/Government/Yonkou have territory there, I doubt Doflamingo has territory there. He would have to fight the whole Island to do that and they said closed door policies. When Brook mentioned the Island he wasn't mentioned so yeah.. no territory .
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 20:52   Link #56
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Except, Doflamingo's operation doesn't really need a "territory" per se.

When did you ever seen a mob boss who is into human trafficking and smuggling needed to claim land out in open?

Even Croc didn't claim territory in Alabasta when he had the BW and whole casino city going on...

Forget about WG, Yonku only claim territories for their personal gain and dare others to attack them. (except WB and maybe Shanks who just like to protect people they consider friends). Doflamingo doesn't need that, everything he does is underground business.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:09   Link #57
raziel16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Could still be a mythical zoan like Marco's phoenix; would explain the talons and feathers too.
That's possible I guess, although I cant imagine which mythical creature a logia snow harpy belongs to.

Note that she keeps her harpy shape even when she read (holding paper) or write. Either she likes it that way or she can't turn back to her original human form
raziel16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:13   Link #58
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Except, Doflamingo's operation doesn't really need a "territory" per se.

When did you ever seen a mob boss who is into human trafficking and smuggling needed to claim land out in open?

Even Croc didn't claim territory in Alabasta when he had the BW and whole casino city going on...

Forget about WG, Yonku only claim territories for their personal gain and dare others to attack them. (except WB and maybe Shanks who just like to protect people they consider friends). Doflamingo doesn't need that, everything he does is underground business.
Closed door policies means it's closed off to Government/Marines/Pirates. Why do you think none of the Yonkou have Wano as their territory? Because they aren't strong enough.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:22   Link #59
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Hmm, Strawhat always make it harder for themselves by spreading out their members into ineffective groups.

Monet should get the praise as she alone took Luffy out of the battle, injured Robin, and hold off the Wano Smurai, Brooky, Nami and Zoro. Sanji on another hand was too busy kicking pirates to their safety. While Smoker have to fight against the odd, and Law almost be taken out of combat. To make it short, Monet and her mobility + ability to pick the fight at the right place/ time helped her hold off the whole Strawhat Pirates. So much on Law's lecture back when the alliance formed

I think Vega Punk will appear sometime after this whole episode and solve the poisonous situation of the island
__________________

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-10-18 at 22:36.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 00:13   Link #60
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Closed door policies means it's closed off to Government/Marines/Pirates. Why do you think none of the Yonkou have Wano as their territory? Because they aren't strong enough.
Close door policies only means that the government is close door doesn't mean that smuggling can't be done.

During Tokugawa's close door policy there were plenty of Japanese Pirates harassing China sea and plenty fo smuggling between China and Japan...

Besides if Wano is supposed be a representation of Shogunate Japan than that close-door policy is not even a complete close door...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakoku


Lastly, if pirates are off-limit how come Ace said he when to the Wano Country and learned how to make the hat Oar Jr. wore?

Like I said, you don't need to physically claim territories to operate smuggling and human trafficking...

No mob boss put up a flag says "here is the base of XXX, home of human trafficking, smuggling, and information dealing!!!"
__________________

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-10-19 at 00:25.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.