AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-01-10, 02:32   Link #1
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

New MP4 playback issue...

To start out, I have to say I never had any playback issues in the past. Was always able to easily resolve codec issues and such, but now I've encountered something I can't work out.

I was just trying to watch Ginban Kaleidoscope 6 and 7 in my backlog only to find I have no video. Strange. I had no problem watching the first 5. Go back to check them, and again, no video. Just audio. Same problem in 3 different video players (Zoom, BS and Winamp) -- I have H.246 installed, and I have Haali and stuff too. I did make a recent video player swap (from BS to Zoom) due to weird subtitle playback issues (BS was displaying OGM but not MKV subtitles) but trying any media player, I still get no video in MP4s.

I tried reinstalling Haali and H.264 both, with no luck. So I've no idea what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. :\ Preferably without switching to MPC. I've already changed media players 4 times in the past 2 years. Getting used to another one would just drive me insane. Especially when I had no problem watching MP4s in the past, some new random issue has cropped up...
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 02:54   Link #2
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Which version of Haali? IIRC, those later Ginban eps were muxed with a newer version of MP4box that might not work with older splitters.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 02:59   Link #3
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Got the latest version, as far as I know. Downloaded and installed it today.
Old 2006-01-10, 03:00   Link #4
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

What decoder are you using? You only mention "H.264" - does this mean ffdshow?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 03:08   Link #5
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I have ffdshow, and I downloaded a h.264 pack from free-codecs. :\ I never had any problem playing them before (as I said, watched the first 5 eps without issue) but something's obviously gone wonky since I got this new media player. Yet they don't play in my old one either. >.<
Old 2006-01-10, 03:46   Link #6
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

A suggestion: Get ffdshow from official sources or a trusted mirror. Curious, which "h.264 pack" are you using? Milan's dailies of late have H.264 support enabled.

When it comes to a package which receives heavy updates such as ffdshow, freecodecs.com is not the best place to go. Instead, the two sites I linked to above are your best bet.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 03:57   Link #7
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Hmm, reinstalling ffdshow did the trick. Ta. ^^