AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Steins;Gate

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-08, 00:40   Link #81
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
When you send a message to the mail sg-epk@jtk93.x29.jp found in the steins gate anime it returns this message.

Spoiler:


Can anyone decode this message?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////7MU2Et9HuKfPz4ifIT3CBSkeqxLsEnFVVj26u7NieXQOcBzOxX l3bMbHHTzDSKhRtyJM8CXAqqwYJpsCAOBiWdcxZfQ9HKmHfREs SipKPwSdmUNHmtKGcFiudktOiOY5KCFn9CORVY8sFcMF3RISlh oNvfrmjVgH41WhJDVOWuzvVdwlzOJjvLUI9vOqTzZIyd9b1iDi 3niJHDMnxMxLeLoW5FaWPgXjl2MS1voRpC54NE4Fr7tmsgcZdA Iq3KOXJsACNXnrUVGTWxfQZL3fp9QZm3oKyiPNN5TeRRzoJ9DB y2Hx3vRb4Bxi4KAoi4Qu528ySaJrEppq8n9ITveVE7gdQkgQuy PJDId4o7b3SaAIfpFP2PNYFGPxrQoULgxas7t7NKGEREXkMSCO ncf6QXaZc6mcw4E51PaJn47Ph62pAnqB55sSXMiDXmQc4D2BBU tJuS3h9iQbkLctfaAgh0Yo7vSeFp3wEXA8EvDmI3tcdpsHxA4y ZSzM3CCScPLwhu3dOgHVLApyb9MIXaiI8FRwHxFETLTUByT9MA vtNsygVDrLbpg2i1feALSCwK4teLw2CTBRfX5lwTHKzEhRtyB3 xBWEAVrp4BnEK6LmHuCkwV4KqyaG1hVdn5SRVkR53nUj61iLhF REcjaXTElE2WO5SdGGkaVlZMVzZgu0yQVWisHvSvfsmegK8TYu 4O9XOzHSYdsQnhW6OQKcnZpuBuNrb4zx8IZUn8OUwWk0YIjNnu cs1CJ04u4a9YdcCFKPOC3do5Ri9SHVzcYOUI00mmg9GimMTxnU n4Lz3LU4Wzei0///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I think Blick from here managed to do it but the image showing how he did it is not working.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 22:19   Link #82
Kimidori
Let's Play
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
it seem like this guy here also decoded it, but i need someone knows japanese to confirm though
__________________
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 20:21   Link #83
kamiyan89
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I have a question :S, the different timelines are parallel universes or they are just possibilities?, I mean,for example, when okarin arrives to the steins gate timeline, do the other timelines dissapear? I ask because the distant valhalla shortstory was just painful to read T_T.

Last edited by kamiyan89; 2012-10-16 at 10:58.
kamiyan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 00:22   Link #84
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
What's this coming in winter?

__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 06:54   Link #85
FlavoryFantasy
┬──┬╯︵ /(.□. \)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: At one of the greatest libraries in existence
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
What's this coming in winter?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...91#post4389191

Not too much info out there atm.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 05:49   Link #86
Kimidori
Let's Play
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
it seem to be a new Steins;Gate VN Project, official site here
__________________
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 04:54   Link #87
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Damn...Steins;Gate...Pandora..new girl. Iam hyped!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
it seem to be a new Steins;Gate VN Project, official site here
Will it have H scenes? Or just the fanservice like the old games?
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 06:33   Link #88
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyan89 View Post
I have a question :S, the different timelines are parallel universes or they are just possibilities?, I mean,for example, when okarin arrives to the steins gate timeline, do the other timelines dissapear? I ask because the distant valhalla shortstory was just painful to read T_T.
Spoiler for For Answer but not really sure... hehehe:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 08:26   Link #89
CJ_Walker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyan89 View Post
I have a question :S, the different timelines are parallel universes or they are just possibilities?, I mean,for example, when okarin arrives to the steins gate timeline, do the other timelines dissapear? I ask because the distant valhalla shortstory was just painful to read T_T.
All of the world lines exist, and will exist to their completion, the only thing that changes is okabe himself, he just creates a new world line. . .how does he create this world line you may ask?

THE OBSERVER EFFECT (derived from quantum physics)
This has pretty much been a theme of the whole story without npb spelling it out (for reasons ill get into in a bit)

The observer effect is basically saying each person is actually creating their own universe so to speak, whatever they "observe" as true, become their reality. . .which is why Mayuri kept dying in each time line okabe went to, as he observed her die in front of his eyes the first time, and to avoid that he tried desperately to stop it. . .thing is, when you try to "Stop" something, you are still observing the something you want to stop a lot more than you are observing what you want to be. So when you observe what you want to stop more than what you want to be, then, YOU ARE STILL OBSERVING THAT EVENT. This is why he had to trick himself into christina's fake death.

Also this is why other characters were getting memories of other timelines, because Okabe was Observing them, when he was meeting his friends, even though he switched world lines, and they should not remembered, but because he was observing his "friends" of the other world lines while he was also observing the new world line version. . .of course when okabe talks to ferris the memories come back because HE PUT THEM THERE, as the "OBSERVER"

This is very hard to understand if you haven't heard of any of this stuff before, which is one of the reasons why they couldn't spell it out, plus they messed up with this at a few points in the story (which I'll get to later) If you want to learn more about this, look up the Double slit experiment, look up Entanglement (Niels Bohr) and search the experiment that proved Niels Bohr's version of entanglement correct over Einstein's objections (Einstein is probably where they got the name steins gate from but that could be stretching it, since he had issues with certain parts of quantum theory (to which he was proven wrong AND right) also look up the experiment that proved Niels Bohr's the quantum mechanical observation effect in entanglement theory.

Basically each world line, alt universe whatever you wanna call it already exists and more are created each moment, with each thought the observer makes, just like electrons, already exist in all possible states/locations at once, there is a certain probability that the wave functions of these items will collapse at a certain spot and "exist" there BUT, the observer has full reign over deciding where that atom/electron is going to exist, simply by observing and intending a certain location for that electron or whatever, this theory extends into the whole world line/multiple universe theories.

Reading Steiner: This is basically the "observer effect" It happens to Okabe because either a)he was the first person to "observe" a world line change by his own hands so he was able to remember changes made to the world lines, or rather retain memories form previous world lines and or b)he was the one physically changing the world lines when he sent the dmails (which falls apart because he doesn't always sent the d mails phsycally with the cellphone as moeka does it to steal the Ibn) so it falls a part unless you look even further. . .

You could also argue c) that because he first "observed" himself changing the time line he was able to retain his memories (or how else would he know he changed world lines-"time traveled" in the first place), and now that he "observed finding out about time travel, and "Observed" himself doing it, he was also able to "Observe" the new timeline change when moeka changed the world lines with her d-mail, so he observed himself into a world line in which moeka stole the ibn

(oh and btw on the second time I went through the series, I realized that okabe is the one that brought the ibn to the shrine in the past via the suzuha ending in the vn-which I think was a great touch and nod to those who played the vn)

Also, you could also say that without really knowing it, okabe "observed" himself in to a world line in which a future version of himself figures out how to fix his observer issues and send a message back to himself and enact the false observation plan that eventually worked. . .


Of course all this is WAAAY too much to explain in the anime without getting the viewers lost which is why they couldn't spell it out but had to make it a theme through the story.

Basically, Everything exists, every possibility exists, EXCEPT what doesn't exist. . .

this is because an OBSERVER can not Observe what doesn't exist, it cant be imagined. . . like if you say loch ness monsters don't exist. . .you they do, because you can imagine it, but you cant find them on your world line, because you have observed that they don''t exist.. . .which is why there cannot be a grandfather paradox. . .but then can be at the same time

if the grandfather paradox were true on some level (which it is) then, when you wipe yourself from "existence" which is just really removing yourself from that worldline you create another world line in which you exist, with probably a different grandfather so while you "cease to exist" on one world line, you never really "cease to exist" because you just exist on an infinite amount of other world lines.

Which means. . .

Every thought that has ever been thought exists, every story, every person, image etc imaginary or not, exists in some reality, world line different than ours...

For obvious reason many scientists cant believe all of that, so they find proof otherwise, but of course the scientists that DO believe all that is true also find proof that it is, so basically. . .everyone is right, everything exists, its just up to the observer (each person in existence) to observe the reality they believe and or prefer. . .which begs the question: what about other people observing things different than what I observe?

other observers dont have the power to observe for you unless you agree to observe the same things they are. So basically everyone is living in their own reality and everything else is a projections of our beliefs/observations.

This goes even deeper but that's enough for now. . .in any case, this is why npb couldnt explain exactly what reading steiner is (observer effect) and why they would not be able to explain the theory and how it relates to the story more than they symbolized as a theme throughout the show.

sorry, there's no tl;dr for this. . .it needs to be read over and over, to be understood.

P.S. this means that time travel is possible, but it wont have an effect on anything or anyone except for the person doing the traveling....so even if someone were to make a time travel device, nothing would happen unless you were the one that used it.

Last edited by CJ_Walker; 2012-12-07 at 08:36.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:24   Link #90
kamiyan89
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
CJ walker thanks for that magnificent post , I'll start to search more for those topics thanks .
kamiyan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 20:30   Link #91
kiaraisuzume
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Feirisu

My question would be;

How did Feirisu get to save her father so easily?

... while Okabe is struggling so much with all those precise steps he needs to figure out + follow, in order to save Mayuri... but Feirisu just don't need to worry about the divergence or something. There is nothing that keeps killing her father unless she would go above the 1%. unlike Mayuri. so I am wondering what I missed.
kiaraisuzume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 21:47   Link #92
Lightning_Wing
1.048596
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Location?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaraisuzume View Post
My question would be;

How did Feirisu get to save her father so easily?

... while Okabe is struggling so much with all those precise steps he needs to figure out + follow, in order to save Mayuri... but Feirisu just don't need to worry about the divergence or something. There is nothing that keeps killing her father unless she would go above the 1%. unlike Mayuri. so I am wondering what I missed.
Her father died in a precise way in one world line, not in the myriad of ways that Mayuri dies. Therefore, she can prevent that single event from happening whereas Mayuri dies no matter what without the world line being in the correct place.

I hope I was clear and helpful in my answer.
__________________
Lightning_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 06:31   Link #93
Mentatsumi
No fluff, no feathers.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Another way to put it using the series' terminology...

Spoiler for Plot Spoilers:
__________________
Kurugaya Yuiko (Little Busters!)A Certain Alternate Universe Roleplayer
What 'Adolescence' do you have?
Do you remember 'Childhood'?
The irreplaceable one existed there.
- Little Busters!
Credit to rikikai for the signature

Hummingbird
Mentatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 23:18   Link #94
axe11154
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
hi. I was wondering if the dubbed was in any more then 13 episodes. im huge dubbed watcher and use just dubs who as of right now have 13 episodes but I know theres more in the subbed department.
so is there a place to watched more dubbed or was this dropped like a sack of dead kittens by a little girl who just figured out what death really meant...
if any one gets the reference you are officially god.
axe11154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 10:46   Link #95
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by axe11154 View Post
hi. I was wondering if the dubbed was in any more then 13 episodes. im huge dubbed watcher and use just dubs who as of right now have 13 episodes but I know theres more in the subbed department.
so is there a place to watched more dubbed or was this dropped like a sack of dead kittens by a little girl who just figured out what death really meant...
if any one gets the reference you are officially god.
I assuming you mean English dub. It's dubbed up to episode 20 on Funimation's website. It's been completely released on DVD, BD and on iTunes in the US.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 00:13   Link #96
xkrnwannabx
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Need some clarification plz.

Okay, so I've finished the game about a week ago and I'm almost done watching the anime. So far I've spotted one glaring inconsistency between the VN and the anime and I would like some clarification.

In the true ending segment in the VN, during Okabe's first attempt at changing Kurisu's death, he accidentally stabs and kills Kurisu. Realizing what he has done, he lets out an agonizing cry and this is the scream Okabe hears three weeks prior (at the very beginning of the game). In the anime however, the scream Okabe hears is paralleled with the scream in his second attempt -- when he pries open his wound in order to 'spill' more blood on the floor.

The VN directly states, "The scream I heard that day was actually my own voice" during his FIRST ATTEMPT, but the anime suggests it was the second. This is significant because if the scream he heard was the from future Okabe's SECOND attempt, why the hell would Okabe need to save Kurisu now? A future version of himself has already saved her.

Also, would Okabe 1 (the Okabe that didn't get the Metal Upa) go through the same alpha-worldine events as the Okabe we played as/watched in the anime? Why is this so? Is it because the Nakabachi papers aren't burned until after three weeks thus the worldline divergence not occurring until then? And so...What the heck would happen to Okabe 1 after the 3 weeks has passed? Would Okabe 2 replace him and suddenly he's found on top of his building all injured and bloody with no prior memories?

Also, one thing I can't wrap my head around is the video mail Okabe receives just after speaking to Kurisu for the first time (when she recognizes him, but he doesn't). He receives a video mail from the future Okabe from 2025, let's call him Okabe 3. When taking into consideration the idea of time being non-linear and the past, present, and future existing simultaneously much like a physical entity, I can understand that Okabe 3 exists in the Beta worldline since all Okabes will go through the same series of events predetermined or "fated" in the alpha-worldlines and finally obtaining the IBN5100 to alter the worldline back to the Beta-worldline. But WHY can't he see anything in the Video mail in the first episode/early portions of the VN? Since the video mail was sent in the first place, surely Okabe 3 exists in the future in the same worldline TO HAVE SENT IT, so the video mail SHOULD work. It just doesn't make sense since he can see the video only after he's failed his first attempt since the future is already accessible. I would understand if this used as a plot device or thing the writer intentionally put to say, "don't forget this, it'll probably become important later!" But from a metaphysical point of view, I don't think it makes sense.

The last question I have is concerning Cause and Effect and how convergence and divergence occurs in the series. In the alpha-worldline, Mayura is 'destined' to die: the cause, or the means of death is irrelevant -- it only matters that she dies -- the effect. Okabe, through trial-and-error, learns this the hard way.

However, in the Beta-worldline, the major convergence or 'destined' event is that Nakabachi defects to Russia along with the time travel papers he stole from Kurisu. This convergence is altered because Okabe 2 (during his second attempt) manages to take the metal Upa before Okabe 1 + Mayura get their hands on it. *OK* This is the means, it can be different just as the ways Mayuri died varied immensely. Isn't the a similar situation? I don't get how a MAJOR convergence point can be altered. I would feel like even if the Metal Upa wasn't inside Nakabachi's envelope, I feel like "fate" would've made the metal detector activate for no reason because it was ""destined" and couldn't be changed -- much like Mayuri's death in the alpha worldline.
xkrnwannabx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.