AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-23, 01:28   Link #4801
Ddraig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Maybe Godou doesnt have to really just go kill many heretic gods and gain many authority. He just need to kill one specific one,
Spoiler for heretic god:
, and gain knowledge or perhaps whatever authority that make L.K. invincible.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 01:36   Link #4802
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Just getting more authorities isn't something that will be decisive against the L.K. After all, the dude has slaughtered generations of campiones with upwards of 10 authorities or more. Yet Godou is implied to have some kind of unique advantage by the gods residing in the netherworld. It definitely isn't because he is the strongest, thats for sure.

I have always thought it has something to do with his attitude that will bring the L.K. down to a defeatable level.

Going on a god-killing spree wouldn't make him any different than the previous campiones that were wiped out. So I don't think thats the answer. Though I do wish Godou would make an effort somewhere instead of just waiting around for shit to go bad as well.
No ones knows exactly how many authorities those folks may have individually. I look forward to Aisha's debut. She is the only one who has survived the purges. She must have known something about the L.K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
Maybe Godou doesnt have to really just go kill many heretic gods and gain many authority. He just need to kill one specific one,
Spoiler for heretic god:
, and gain knowledge or perhaps whatever authority that make L.K. invincible.
He definitely needs to have a go at
Spoiler for vol 10:
. If he couldn't even defeat the flawed copy, there's no way he could defeat the real thing.
__________________

Last edited by Moe Connection; 2012-10-23 at 02:23.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 03:29   Link #4803
Gore17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Of course, that would depend on whether Godou ends up defeating the Last King. The fact that Lady Aisha survived the last purge suggest's that a way to survive does exist, so Godou might just end up surviving his awakening.

Anyway, do we know if the Campione's teamed up to defeat the Last King in any of the previous purges? If not, then that might be what's needed to defeat him.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 03:50   Link #4804
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
Of course, that would depend on whether Godou ends up defeating the Last King. The fact that Lady Aisha survived the last purge suggest's that a way to survive does exist, so Godou might just end up surviving his awakening.

Anyway, do we know if the Campione's teamed up to defeat the Last King in any of the previous purges? If not, then that might be what's needed to defeat him.
The L.K. is undefeated. Aisha only survived because she hid during his active periods somehow. It would be seriously anticlimactic if Godou pulled a similar move. Almost half the LN so far has been building up to that fight in some way or another.

Working together would be a BAD move though. A god's power in this series rises when facing a numerical disadvantage. Not to mention they would just get in each other's way. He's hard enough to beat as is. Besides, with such strong egos getting them to gang up on a single opponent is extremely unlikely. Especially since most of them are enemies to each other.
__________________
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 03:50   Link #4805
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Rather than related to Jason and the argonauts I'm much more happy if the last king is someone like...kratos maybe? One of the meanest, badass, character I've ever seen with so many achievement under his belt

P.S : how would he fare against him..? He would tear godou a new hole even without authority...I guess...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 04:14   Link #4806
Ddraig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
So far from what I see the L.K. doesnt appear to be bad guy and all campione that he killed are a bunch of tyrant that getting too much drunk in power. If there is a list of current campione to kill pretty sure Voban will be the first. Though he might consider Godou existence danger to women and try to kill him...
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 04:40   Link #4807
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
So far from what I see the L.K. doesnt appear to be bad guy and all campione that he killed are a bunch of tyrant that getting too much drunk in power. If there is a list of current campione to kill pretty sure Voban will be the first. Though he might consider Godou existence danger to women and try to kill him...
There's no such thing as good or bad. The Last King is just against Campiones because of what they are. Why in the world did you think that Athena believed she should deliver the 'mercy kill' on Godou? It's because the Last King just kills campiones indiscriminate of their beliefs and Godou's right next to him.Being spoiled he is, Godou has little idea how much danger he is in.Gods in general just enjoy fighting and killing campiones as much as they are to them. The Last King just take it to the next level where he just actively hunts campiones.In addition, nothing is known about the ancient campiones other than the fact that one of the was a King of a barbarian horde, one was a Roman General, one was a popular barbarian warrior and the other was a magician who tries to perfect the highest form and magic and dominate the magicians of Rome. Lady Aisha was distinctively missing even though she's well and alive during the period. Little was known about their moral apart from that of the Roman Campione. It's therefore hard to decide that they were tyrants. Apart from the fact that Godou is a campione, the reason why the Last King might want to kill him is because Godou netorared him with
Spoiler for vol 10:
. And then there's of course the fact that Godou is stealing women in general from him.I can imagine the Last King waking up and point at Godou, accusing him of theft for 'stealing' Erica, Lilianna, Mariya and Ena, beautiful women, from him, the One and Only King.It's been implied that the L.K has a harem of beautiful goddesses and Divine Ancestors.
__________________

Last edited by Moe Connection; 2012-10-23 at 04:59.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 07:28   Link #4808
Gore17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
There's no such thing as good or bad. The Last King is just against Campiones because of what they are. Why in the world did you think that Athena believed she should deliver the 'mercy kill' on Godou? It's because the Last King just kills campiones indiscriminate of their beliefs and Godou's right next to him.Being spoiled he is, Godou has little idea how much danger he is in.Gods in general just enjoy fighting and killing campiones as much as they are to them. The Last King just take it to the next level where he just actively hunts campiones.In addition, nothing is known about the ancient campiones other than the fact that one of the was a King of a barbarian horde, one was a Roman General, one was a popular barbarian warrior and the other was a magician who tries to perfect the highest form and magic and dominate the magicians of Rome. Lady Aisha was distinctively missing even though she's well and alive during the period. Little was known about their moral apart from that of the Roman Campione. It's therefore hard to decide that they were tyrants. Apart from the fact that Godou is a campione, the reason why the Last King might want to kill him is because Godou netorared him with
Spoiler for vol 10:
. And then there's of course the fact that Godou is stealing women in general from him.I can imagine the Last King waking up and point at Godou, accusing him of theft for 'stealing' Erica, Lilianna, Mariya and Ena, beautiful women, from him, the One and Only King.It's been implied that the L.K has a harem of beautiful goddesses and Divine Ancestors.
You know, that last part can't help but make me amused at the idea that the Kusanagi family are actually his (very) distant descendants.

As for the Campione's working together, I was thinking if they all worked together, one of them might get a lucky shot in, which might weaken him enough that they can kill him, or at least seal him.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 15:49   Link #4809
Ghanw
(-_-)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere
^It would be amusing having Godou being a decendent of L.K. and its like when they finally battle its like which one of the female magnet is going to win the battle to the death.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 18:05   Link #4810
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
I strongly suggest that Godou give up doing everything in the name of normality. He's a hypocrite and he is only normal if he wanted to be. He already knows that the girls love him--it isn't about whether he is or isn't sharp on romance.As I have said, rejecting or accepting a relationship is the rudiments of social norms.The girls are helping him because they loved him, not because they are friends. If he doesn't(which I doubt) love the girls, just tell them so, and reject their assistance. If he does love them, even if he's just attracted to them, he should go on and tell them that. He's being selfish by not trying to decide whether he loves them or not. If he doesn't love them(which I doubt) and yet delays to give a definitive response, he's just wasting the girls' time and their youth.As for my example of sixth graders dating one another, I am just trying to point out that they already have some sense of romance. There's definitely a reason why it is legal for sixteen year olds to get married under the consent of their guardians. A number of people I know has already lost their virginity before the age of sixteen(Australian law dictates that it is legal for minors over the age of twelve to have sex with those who are within two year older or younger than them).Even if you feel that you are too young to have sex, that does not mean that you are too young to love another.
If Godou could actaully get away with a simple I love you might have a point however you have to be either crazy or stupid to think Godou could actaully tell them that without stepping into a minefield. Let's face it these girls have already been talking about marriage, having childern, having mistresses and where they rank in romantic pecking order so there are going to be some follow up questions. It's no wonder the guy is a little spooked and let's face it his girls do have a temper. Plus since he is looking at a life long commitment it's no wonder he taking a little time.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 18:37   Link #4811
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
what if the last king wasnt neccisarily asleep but born a human then awakens as a campione killing campione

and what if aisha is hiding in plain sight

and what if that new power basicly is summoning that godess as a subordanate

oh and phoenix i caught up
__________________
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 19:04   Link #4812
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
....what if *insert unlikely possibility* happens?

Of course we can't say for sure, but the evidence says they aren't going to happen.

1. Your basically ignoring everything the LN has said up to date. The L.K. is repeatedly stated to be a steel god thats been asleep for the past couple hundred of years.

2. Campiones seem rather easy to detect, so Aisha hiding in plain sight isn't likely. Atleast not for any extended amount of time. Besides, Aisha is probably the type to be completely inept at modern things. Like Luo Hao, only worse.

3. Unlikely. The authority gained is basically decided by compatibility with the campione.
Spoiler for ...:
Summoning a subordinate is just not Godou's style imo. He already has enough of those.
__________________
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 19:16   Link #4813
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
....what if *insert unlikely possibility* happens?

Of course we can't say for sure, but the evidence says they aren't going to happen.

1. Your basically ignoring everything the LN has said up to date. The L.K. is repeatedly stated to be a steel god thats been asleep for the past couple hundred of years.

2. Campiones seem rather easy to detect, so Aisha hiding in plain sight isn't likely. Atleast not for any extended amount of time. Besides, Aisha is probably the type to be completely inept at modern things. Like Luo Hao, only worse.

3. Unlikely. The authority gained is basically decided by compatibility with the campione.
Spoiler for ...:
Summoning a subordinate is just not Godou's style imo. He already has enough of those.
about one 1 forgot about that one but sometimes information i read gets mixxed up when i read 200 + pages since this morning so sory for being wrong

about 2 then wouldnt it be easy to tell that jps is a redhead
and how do u know shes inept unless it says she does
who knows maby shes some shutin otaku

about three do we know it was a authority godou got from her and not something like a forced ability that activates when he fights

and he doesnt really have subordanants he has friends , a partner , and a boar with a attatude problem

and to add about 1 he could be concense in one place but asleep in another
__________________

Last edited by black knight iust; 2012-10-23 at 19:27.
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 19:28   Link #4814
Ruki0089
The Fateless one
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indonesia,Samarinda
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokolores View Post
And how many of those 6th graders were truly serious about their relationships? Unless things have changed drastically since I was at that age for most it's basically just playing around because it's the first time they really become aware of the other sex and it's limited to pretty much handholding and kisses at the most. At that young an age kids just aren't really capable of adult love. They aren't physically or mentally ready.

Look at Godou's situation. He has those hot girls throwing themselves at him pretty much willing to go all the way and he likes them all. Accepting or rejecting someone else's feelings may be the basis of human socialization as you put it, but love is the feeling where people mess up the most. It isn't something clear and easily defined.

If, when I was 17, a girl I liked had told me she wanted a relationship with a lifelong commitment, which is basically what those girls are doing to Godou, I wouldn't have wanted to give an answer either. On the one hand I like the girl, but on the other I'm only 17 and something like marriage is way beyond me. If it was four girls I liked equally who did the same thing I probably would have considered running for the hills.

A harem of beautiful girls may be some male fantasy, but in truth it has to be a clusterfuck. I have no idea how a stable and healthy relationship with a harem is even supposed to work. Going by divorce rates I'd say one man and one woman is already difficult enough for us humans.
I totally agree with you.
I'm still only 17.
Marriage still far away and i still don`t understand what love is?
If some hot girl throwing themselves at me.... i m sure happy but
i don`t how to respond maybe i will running away

so,maybe i can understand Godou situation.
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 19:33   Link #4815
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
about one 1 forgot about that one but sometimes information i read gets mixxed up when i read 200 + pages since this morning so sory for being wrong

about 2 then wouldnt it be easy to tell that jps is a redhead
and how do u know shes inept unless it says she does
who knows maby shes some shutin otaku

about three do we know it was a authority godou got from her and not something like a forced ability that activates when he fights
JPS/Annie gets away with it because she is skilled at making herself unsuspicious. There is also an element of plot convenience. A campione is supposed to be able to tell when another campione or god is nearby, yet Godou clearly didn't. Some mages also have the ability to instantly tell a person is a campione at a glance as well. Princess Alice can do so from considerably farther away. Not exactly the best way to hide. Your right though that I don't know for sure if she is inept at modern things. Its a guess, but an accurate one I think. She is over 1800 years old, and keep in mind the average personality of a campione.

As for the authority/ability,
Spoiler for ....:
__________________
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 19:36   Link #4816
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
JPS/Annie gets away with it because she is skilled at making herself unsuspicious. There is also an element of plot convenience. A campione is supposed to be able to tell when another campione or god is nearby, yet Godou clearly didn't. Some mages also have the ability to instantly tell a person is a campione at a glance as well. Princess Alice can do so from considerably farther away. Not exactly the best way to hide. Your right though that I don't know for sure if she is inept at modern things. Its a guess, but an accurate one I think. She is over 1800 years old, and keep in mind the average personality of a campione.

As for the authority/ability,
Spoiler for ....:
i cant wait for the next time godou activats the ram and visits mommy again imagine the punishment

based around godous compatibility and personality what do u think he got
__________________
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 19:47   Link #4817
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
JPS/Annie gets away with it because she is skilled at making herself unsuspicious. There is also an element of plot convenience. A campione is supposed to be able to tell when another campione or god is nearby, yet Godou clearly didn't. Some mages also have the ability to instantly tell a person is a campione at a glance as well. Princess Alice can do so from considerably farther away. Not exactly the best way to hide. Your right though that I don't know for sure if she is inept at modern things. Its a guess, but an accurate one I think. She is over 1800 years old, and keep in mind the average personality of a campione.

As for the authority/ability,
Spoiler for ....:
You realize that even Yuri failed to recognise Annie as J.P.S. right?There's clearly ways to avoid detection. As for campiones able to sense other campiones, I don't think that is correct. I think somewhere in vol 7, Godou mentioned that campiones are only able to detect gods, not one another.
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 19:54   Link #4818
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
You realize that even Yuri failed to recognise Annie as J.P.S. right?
I know, its one of the inconsistencies of this LN. Then again she does have only a 60% chance unless she cheats and "downloads" the info from the astral realm/netherworld/whatever you want to call it. Besides, nobody was suspicious of her and they never took a close look.

Then again maybe its proof that Annie has some kind of technique to hide her divine power somehow. Even Godou didn't notice and he would almost have to done so by the rules laid down by the LN.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, and you might be right. I'll look later, but I thought campiones were included in that sense because they both harbor divine power. Can't say that with 100% certainty though.
__________________

Last edited by bludvein; 2012-10-23 at 20:18.
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 20:14   Link #4819
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I know, its one of the inconsistencies of this LN. Then again she does have only a 60% chance unless she cheats and "downloads" the info from the astral realm/netherworld/whatever you want to call it. Besides, nobody was suspicious of her and they never took a close look.

Then again maybe its proof that Annie has some kind of technique to hide her divine power somehow. Even Godou didn't notice and he would almost have to done so by the rules laid down by the LN.
then doesnt that mean that seeing as a women who hasnt been a campione for about a decade can stay off the radar and still have a life whats to say a very old campione cant do the same
__________________
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 23:34   Link #4820
Mars Mode
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
@Darthfanta: I understand your point but Godou has only been a Campione for what half a year to a year. What he needs is to learn and accept.

The girls. As has been stated he is 15 if I remember right. He understands he likes the girls but he understands once he gaves his consent readily things are going to be out of control.

The sole fact he has been going trough so much battles in such short amount of time means a lot.

Annie was able to stay hidden even from a God, and a God reacts to a Campione like a Campione reacts to a God or at least Sun Wukong as a God of steel does. They can sense one another. And even he Sun Wukong couldnt. About this it wasnt said but it was implicilty stated that one of her authorities gave her a form to stay hidden even in plain sight. This ability being stronger in the form of the Jaguar.

A campione cannot sense another if they arent using their authorities, at least said campione could use vision like Yuri does. And even if they could sense their instincts wouldnt kick in until they fight.
__________________
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.