AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-27, 23:55   Link #1861
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
That's an understandable viewpoint. I wouldn't be so anti-this thread if more posters were reasonable as you and Vexx are. I think Romney's a good and hardworking person (He's done 28 years worth of volunteer work, and went to Harvard Law School and Business School at the same time); I just wish he'd leave the Christian shit at the door. As for his fiscal policies... well, I'll refrain from commenting because I don't know a thing about money. >_>
You are seeking reason from anti-Romney people, and at the same time this is your reasoning for you to favor him:

- Romney's a good and hardworking person because...
- He's done 28 years worth of volunteer work
- and went to Harvard Law School and Business School at the same time
- You don't seem to have much take on his fiscal policies because you don't know anything about money

- You also seem not to like the idea of religion to justify anything so you wish he would leave the Christian shit at the door.

How is your viewpoint any more reasonable if I may ask? I confess I haven't read every post in this thread, but I've followed it more or less, and the opinion that mostly anti-Romney seems to stem from where he exactly stands with most of the issues and how questionable his solutions are toward some of our biggest problem such as the debt issue, healthcare, social issue, and etc. I know I'm being harsh here, but don't you think you should at least attempt to read more reasonable when you are criticizing the takes of those anti-Romney people based on how unreasonable they are?
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2012-10-27, 23:59   Link #1862
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
You are seeking reason from anti-Romney people, and at the same time this is your reasoning for you to favor him:

- Romney's a good and hardworking person because...

- He's done 28 years worth of volunteer work
- and went to Harvard Law School and Business School at the same time

- You don't seem to have much take on his fiscal policies because you don't know anything about money

- You also seem not to like the idea of religion to justify anything so you wish he would leave the Christian shit at the door.

How is your viewpoint any more reasonable if I may ask? I confess I haven't read every post in this thread, but I've followed it more or less, and the opinion that mostly anti-Romney seems to stem from where he exactly stands with most of the issues and how questionable his solutions are toward some of our biggest problem such as the debt issue, healthcare, social issue, and etc.
A fair point, but sadly I have things I'd rather be doing than spending hours debating in this illustrious thread

bye
Dr. Casey is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 00:00   Link #1863
KiraYamatoFan
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Age: 30
If I recall all US Presidents from 1932 until today, I'd inform everyone that 12 men became Presidents since then (6 Democrats and 6 Republicans). Out of the 6 Republican Presidents, only one of them was serious in maintaining the economy away from any possible recession, expanding social security, launching into large infrastructure projects and making sure the time is of peace: Dwight D. Eisenhower, a moderate Republican. What about the other 5 Republicans? They contributed in increasing social differences, they neglected the needs of low and middle classes, they deregulated the economy into a free-for-all situation not so different from what Calvin Coolidge allowed (which led to the Great Depression), and they were never backed from doing a number things recklessly in international politics. What's even worse now is how the GOP is neglecting women and other minorities who are reflecting the changing demographics in the US.

For all those reasons, I'm entitled with the right to despise the GOP until they find someone willing to clean up the mess, getting rid of the racists, the ignorant and all other bigots/zealots plaguing the GOP. For any country's sake, it's not by pleasing the extremist branch of a party that any leader will do something for the sake of the whole country.
KiraYamatoFan is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 00:04   Link #1864
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
A fair point, but sadly I have things I'd rather be doing than spend a few hours debating in this illustrious thread

bye
Then perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to pass down your "judgement"?

I don't go up to a rocket scientist and tell him "hey, I have no idea about what you're doing, but I'm pretty sure it's a bunch of crap".
kyp275 is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 00:05   Link #1865
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
I said I was ignorant on one subject that Kaio mentioned, not that I was ignorant about the aspect I was defending Romney on originally (aka his overall morality and decency), please stop breathing down my neck just because someone dared to break the chain of Obama circlejerking

Last edited by monir; 2012-10-28 at 00:22. Reason: take a breather
Dr. Casey is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 00:31   Link #1866
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Since this thread has been almost completely devoid of Mitt Romney support for its entire duration, I'll just say that I have faith in Romney no matter what anyone else says. I have faith that he's a good person and, if elected, will be a good president.

That is all, thanks for reading.
So I assume you have less faith on Obama being a good person?

And you have faith in Romnbey no matter what anyone says, even if that "anyone" is Romney himself?

We are aware that there are those who support Romney. Most of us just have no idea WHY. So I assume you believe Romney is lying to get elected for our own good? That he is only playing the bad guy and that magically, once he becomes POTUS he would be a good leader that he hasn't been seen to be for the last few years?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-10-28, 00:32   Link #1867
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So I assume you have less faith on Obama being a good person?
Nope. Never said anything along those lines. I've always liked Obama.
Dr. Casey is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 00:51   Link #1868
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I said I was ignorant on one subject that Kaio mentioned, not that I was ignorant about the aspect I was defending Romney on originally (aka his overall morality and decency), please stop breathing down my neck just because someone dared to break the chain of Obama circlejerking
This is an election which will decide the policy of a nation for the next four years, and which in turn will potentially impact people's live directly and indirectly for decades. How Romney or Obama are personally in terms of character, generosity etc. have little do with why people favor one over the other. Most people are voting for one or the other based on their own ideology and which candidate identify more with those views. Personable qualities that define either of these men (Obama and Romney) were left at the door as soon as those two decided to represent their parties, Democrats and Republicans.

That's pretty much the point of this thread so I hope you will understand that the criticism toward one or the other has very little to do with how they are in personal lives, but rather what they are saying or promising and consequently, where the country will head toward.

Take a break from this thread if you have to and comeback with fresher perspective. I'm pretty sure you won't need to look too hard to find something you can criticize Obama on. PM/VM Gundamfan (or even Flying for interesting perspective on things ) for some pointers if you need any.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 01:00   Link #1869
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This is an election which will decide the policy of a nation for the next four years, and which in turn will potentially impact people's live directly and indirectly for decades. How Romney or Obama are personally in terms of character, generosity etc. have little do with why people favor one over the other. Most people are voting for one or the other based on their own ideology and which candidate identify more with those views. Personable qualities that define either of these men (Obama and Romney) were left at the door as soon as those two decided to represent their parties, Democrats and Republicans.

That's pretty much the point of this thread so I hope you will understand that the criticism toward one or the other has very little to do with how they are in personal lives, but rather what they are saying or promising and consequently, where the country will head toward.

Take a break from this thread if you have to and comeback with fresher perspective. I'm pretty sure you won't need to look too hard to find something you can criticize Obama on. PM/VM Gundamfan (or even Flying for interesting perspective on things ) for some pointers if you need any.
Aye, I think I'll just take a backseat and read from now on since I've unlocked the Total Douchebag Achievement.
Dr. Casey is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 04:04   Link #1870
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Probably because the way politics are at present, everything seems to be negatives. There are almost no positives anymore in the election. It is all about just how bad it will be based on whoever wins. No notion of how good things will get if one man wins over the other, but how bad it will be, period.

It seems to be all negative all the time. It that what the nation deserves?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 04:30   Link #1871
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Probably because the way politics are at present, everything seems to be negatives. There are almost no positives anymore in the election. It is all about just how bad it will be based on whoever wins. No notion of how good things will get if one man wins over the other, but how bad it will be, period.

It seems to be all negative all the time. It that what the nation deserves?
It is the challenger's job to claim he would do a better job than the current POTUS.

I am still waiting for Romney to stick to one story for more than a week.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-10-28, 04:32   Link #1872
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Probably because the way politics are at present, everything seems to be negatives. There are almost no positives anymore in the election. It is all about just how bad it will be based on whoever wins. No notion of how good things will get if one man wins over the other, but how bad it will be, period.

It seems to be all negative all the time. It that what the nation deserves?
Maybe ti's what the nation can afford right now...
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 05:30   Link #1873
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
If I recall all US Presidents from 1932 until today, I'd inform everyone that 12 men became Presidents since then (6 Democrats and 6 Republicans). Out of the 6 Republican Presidents, only one of them was serious in maintaining the economy away from any possible recession, expanding social security, launching into large infrastructure projects and making sure the time is of peace: Dwight D. Eisenhower, a moderate Republican. What about the other 5 Republicans? They contributed in increasing social differences, they neglected the needs of low and middle classes, they deregulated the economy into a free-for-all situation not so different from what Calvin Coolidge allowed (which led to the Great Depression), and they were never backed from doing a number things recklessly in international politics. What's even worse now is how the GOP is neglecting women and other minorities who are reflecting the changing demographics in the US.

For all those reasons, I'm entitled with the right to despise the GOP until they find someone willing to clean up the mess, getting rid of the racists, the ignorant and all other bigots/zealots plaguing the GOP. For any country's sake, it's not by pleasing the extremist branch of a party that any leader will do something for the sake of the whole country.
I agree with you on this. Though I'm not even sure Romney even believes or backs more than half the stuff he says. Romney just wants to say what he thinks will appeal to his current audience. Hence why, when he didn't know he was being recorded, he talked about the 47% thing because the ones he was talking to fully believe that half the country is worthless and is siphoning the life out of the extremely rich who aren't worthless despite many of them being lucky, inheriting their fortune, and never knowing what it's like to go without.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 06:11   Link #1874
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Or because he believes in the 47% thing and anything nice he said after was nothing more than damage control.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 06:43   Link #1875
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Aye, I think I'll just take a backseat and read from now on since I've unlocked the Total Douchebag Achievement.
Not really, you just expressed a opinion based on little material and a kind of wrong perspective, none are capital offence.
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 08:20   Link #1876
Green≤
It's Magic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 34
Of course there's that other problem with Romney, in that there are an whole bunch of people that work under him that have been feeding him consistent misinformation. That example happened during that one debate with the "Act of terror" comment in which Romney said that the President never had stated until fourteen days later. Then the moderator dragged his ass back to reality, live on television for all to witness.

That right there had really hurt Romney's campaign. It made everyone feel that, well, at least it didn't end up as bad as the last group that claimed that Iraq has and were building weapons of mass destruction. Those being the same people having previously got everyone involved in a war based on what continues to be the same structure of lies and misinformation. And I was wrong to give the Conservatives then the benefit of the doubt.

Those Bush years didn't fade away from everyone's mind. And when the question was asked directly to Romney on that very same day on how he would be any different than then George W. Bush? After that "Acts of terror" episode, now we know.
Green≤ is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 09:31   Link #1877
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Nope. Never said anything along those lines. I've always liked Obama.
But the insinuation of only supporting Romney because he's a "good person" is that Obama is a bad person. Or that Obama is a good person, but Romney is better, and you care nothing for actual stances on issues and quantify people based on how many years they donate to charity. Their charity, mind you, as if I'm not mistaken the vast majority of Romney's charity goes to his church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am still waiting for Romney to stick to one story for more than a week.
There's one issue he doesn't seem to be flip-flopping on: immigration.
GDB is online now  
Old 2012-10-28, 11:13   Link #1878
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's one issue he doesn't seem to be flip-flopping on: immigration.
He basically gave up on Latinos by now, so I guess there's that. And interestingly enough the Dems also said that might be the one advantage they need.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-10-28, 12:58   Link #1879
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But the insinuation of only supporting Romney because he's a "good person" is that Obama is a bad person. Or that Obama is a good person, but Romney is better, and you care nothing for actual stances on issues and quantify people based on how many years they donate to charity. Their charity, mind you, as if I'm not mistaken the vast majority of Romney's charity goes to his church.
I think Dr. Casey is just surprised at the amount of negative feelings expressed on this thread about Romney. There's a difference between respecting both candidates and favouring one and hating on one candidate and supporting the other.

He seems to support one of them and respect both of them. Seems reasonable. You're all Americans after all. You are all citizens in a democratic process electing your chosen representative.
willx is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 13:13   Link #1880
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Well one thing seems sure, we're going to get 4-more years...of stagnancy.
Which may be a good thing considering who controls the Democrats and the Republican parties.

House elections spell a Republican story and victory


http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...962_print.html

Gallup Predicts Voter Turnout Will Remain Unchanged In 2012 Election
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-2012-election

The Two Polls That Have Chicago Terrified
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...d-josh-jordan#

Why Iím voting for Romney
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/w...5rPUIuWCfgNpnJ

Oh and BTW, Candy Crowley admitted that she was wrong and Romney was right in the debate. Let's not muck that up with disinfo. Here she is admitting it herself:



I realize that won't sit well with some of you, but like William J. Cooper once said "when you tell the truth, you piss everybody off."
I tend to do that.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.