AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 17
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 17 15.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 34 30.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 37 32.74%
7 out of 10 : Good... 17 15.04%
6 out of 10 : Average... 4 3.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-29, 17:16   Link #201
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I'm surprised'at all the hate for Asuna's situation. She's not suddenly become weak. If it was Kirito in there, he wouldn't be able to get out either.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 17:18   Link #202
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm surprised'at all the hate for Asuna's situation. She's not suddenly become weak. If it was Kirito in there, he wouldn't be able to get out either.
A GM is a GM, they're like gods inside a game... unless you're a hacker or cheater..... cheater?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 17:20   Link #203
Green²
It's Magic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
That's... a very good point actually IMHO but we wouldn't have much of a novel/anime if they thought of that ^_^;;; So let's just roll with the idea that Kirito has to figure out another way... at least this way we get to see him hang out with his sis/Lyfa.

And getting there is half the story, Kirito doesn't have any way to open that cage (the code was blurred for Asuna). Plus, if Sugou happens to be around he won't let him just get away with it - he's got GM powers after all.
If he has GM, then obviously the missed quest involves obtaining the GMC Sierra 3500 Dually and a really long chain.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 17:21   Link #204
Trajan
Six Shooter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Age: 34
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post



That.

Besides, they were far from succeeding (Asuna's picture was magnified), and you'd quickly hit a point of diminishing returns where you'd need to double the number of players to get just one more stage. And then you'd lose height because of coordination issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
That's... a very good point actually IMHO but we wouldn't have much of a novel/anime if they thought of that ^_^;;; So let's just roll with the idea that Kirito has to figure out another way... at least this way we get to see him hang out with his sis/Lyfa.

And getting there is half the story, Kirito doesn't have any way to open that cage (the code was blurred for Asuna). Plus, if Sugou happens to be around he won't let him just get away with it - he's got GM powers after all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As I've recalled, the Admins adjusted the system to make any similar attempts in the future impossible.
That.

Besides, they were far from succeeding (Asuna's picture was magnified), and you'd quickly hit a point of diminishing returns where you'd need to double the number of players to get just one more stage. And then you'd lose height because of coordination issues.
Don't recall the admin lockout from the anime, but I was being a bit facetious. However, actually thinking about it, assuming players that can lift more than 2x their own body weight (as the bottom guy in the 5 man must have) and a short enough cool down period, a well-coordinated group of players could fly indefinitely. In a real MMO this would have been attempted on day 2!

Last edited by Trajan; 2012-10-29 at 17:58. Reason: Pulled out the numbers since it's all my guesstimation and not to get sidetracked
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 17:22   Link #205
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm surprised'at all the hate for Asuna's situation. She's not suddenly become weak. If it was Kirito in there, he wouldn't be able to get out either.
Bah, I'm sure Kirito max level his lock picking skills, as well as equipped his [Master Assassin's Armor Set] for bonus lock picking.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 17:25   Link #206
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Don't recall the admin lockout from the anime, but I was being a bit facetious. However, actually thinking about it, assuming players of equal mass who can each lift twice their body weight, with a flight time proportionately reduced by mass (i.e., you can fly half as long carrying 2x mass), and a cool-down time that is 100% of the base 10 minute flight time (I'm too lazy to time the duration between Leafa's landing and her next flight), a well-coordinated group of 8 players could fly indefinitely, assuming their wings provide constant "lift" no matter the altitude. In a real MMO this would have been attempted on day 2!
Why do you even assume that, instead of the more natural assumption of a weight limit, in addition to impaired flight (slower, shorter) the more you carry?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 17:35   Link #207
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Bah, I'm sure Kirito max level his lock picking skills, as well as equipped his [Master Assassin's Armor Set] for bonus lock picking.
That's... Unnecessarily cynical. O_o
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 17:51   Link #208
Trajan
Six Shooter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why do you even assume that, instead of the more natural assumption of a weight limit, in addition to impaired flight (slower, shorter) the more you carry?
Not sure what you mean by weight limit, but the bottom of the 5 man team that snapped the picture was carrying his own weight plus the weight of 4 other people. So I have to assume at least some players can fly carrying at least 2X (but more likely at least 3x) his own mass.

It's all just hypothesizing anyways, so I pulled the numbers from my original post, as there's not enough information get beyond a rough Fermi estimate, I realized there might not be any gliding, and not to sidetrack the episode discussion. I would assume though that the game just has a hard ceiling on flight right now.

Last edited by Trajan; 2012-10-29 at 18:02.
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 18:09   Link #209
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Well if I were in charge of this 5-man maneuvering/flying team, here are the questions I have first:

1) We know you can fly for what, like 10 minutes or so? At least that's what it sounded like. Not sure how that gets compounded by weight, or just purely by time only.

2) After knowing length of flight, second question is, what does it take to regen? Is it again, merely time? Do I have to be touching the ground to have this regen take place? If not, here's what I would do:

Same 5 person team that did it the first time, instead of having the bottom fairy drop down, have him climb to the top of the other 4. and have im rest for "4 turns". That's 40 minutes of wait time between his stop and his next flight.

I'm just not sure how this flight mechanic works, and how the regen works. If you need to touch the ground, well then you're screwed. But if it's just a time-regen thing, then you could technically fly for an infinite amount by juggling out the "tired" person but still keeping them in the pack.

edit:
This assumes that all 5 people can carry each other while flying upwards, and that you can regen based on time, whereas in the original flight test done in the anime, it can be argued that the top people were lighter and so they didn't need to be able to ahve the strength of the bottom fairy, and at the same time, might be "lighter" and makes a 5 person team doable, etc.
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 18:28   Link #210
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Not sure what you mean by weight limit, but the bottom of the 5 man team that snapped the picture was carrying his own weight plus the weight of 4 other people. So I have to assume at least some players can fly carrying at least 2X (but more likely at least 3x) his own mass.

It's all just hypothesizing anyways, so I pulled the numbers from my original post, as there's not enough information get beyond a rough Fermi estimate, I realized there might not be any gliding, and not to sidetrack the episode discussion. I would assume though that the game just has a hard ceiling on flight right now.
But you were talking about carrying eight times your weight. They put the biggest, strongest on the bottom. If they want a cycle, it'd be better to have everyone weighing the same.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 18:57   Link #211
Megacrash Gr
Van!shment Th!s World!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ニューヨーク
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Good episode, Suguha could have her chance getting closer with her cousin. I like Sugou :x...pure evil.
__________________
Sig by Mouretsu.
Megacrash Gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 20:28   Link #212
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Meh, it would be cooler if Leafa was some other girl rather than being Suguha.
I kinda agree. I mean, it's weird but I don't really like Suguha, yet I DO like Leafa. Leafa seems so mature and level-headed....and Suguha seems so childish and kinda...ditzy. >_>
It's amazing they're the same.

Quote:
Why does every girl Kirito meets turn red at some point?
Because he's hot!
If I met Kirito, I would DEFINITELY turn red at some point....if not all the time.
Speaking from a girl's point of view, Kirito's pretty much....irresistible.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 20:55   Link #213
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I kinda agree. I mean, it's weird but I don't really like Suguha, yet I DO like Leafa. Leafa seems so mature and level-headed....and Suguha seems so childish and kinda...ditzy. >_>
It's amazing they're the same.
It's the old age issue of why people can have a whole different personality behind a computer screen...typically a much more aggressive/outgoing personality online, but less so in real life.

And it doesn't stop there, the college phenomenon where you have a "new clean slate" to be whoever you want, though often you tend to just revert to who you really are.

If anything, being more aggressive/outgoing/confident comes with age, and your beloved Leafa will be Suguha's future personality as she comes to terms with what she wants in life/who she is.
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 21:16   Link #214
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

Because he's hot!
If I met Kirito, I would DEFINITELY turn red at some point....if not all the time.
Speaking from a girl's point of view, Kirito's pretty much....irresistible.
That confirms it.... 2D males works on girls too....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 22:55   Link #215
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Not for the first time either.

(On that note I am normally a DFC fan, but daaamn Sugu is fine.)
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 00:00   Link #216
Vmem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
That confirms it.... 2D males works on girls too....
I'm curious about that actually... I don't think it takes a certain mindset. there's no "anime" or "comic" lover personality. sure, there are stereotypes, but in the end it's a form of storytelling, and it's been proven time and again that this sort of attraction can be transfered from 0D or 1D (imaginary character from a novel), to 2D in a graphic novel, to 3D or live-action etc etc. perhaps we're simply easily attracted to the idea of certain character qualities lol
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:41   Link #217
jcdietz03
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
2) After knowing length of flight, second question is, what does it take to regen? Is it again, merely time? Do I have to be touching the ground to have this regen take place? If not, here's what I would do:
Yep, that probably what it is.

If you want to rest on Yggdrasil's trunk, you have to fight strong enemies before you can rest. Probably. The players competing against each other is what's keeping them from beating the game. If they all cooperated, it would be cleared in a couple days.

And where are the monsters? All I've seen thus far is PvP.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 15:51   Link #218
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
That confirms it.... 2D males works on girls too....
You didn't know that?

All it really boils down to is personality, looks, and voice. Indeed, the seiyuu helps a lot. But you can't hear a voice in manga....but the other two (personality and looks) are still there so...

Quote:
Not for the first time either.
OMG that is the best picture I've ever seen! I so want to know where that was taken! XD

Quote:
If anything, being more aggressive/outgoing/confident comes with age, and your beloved Leafa will be Suguha's future personality as she comes to terms with what she wants in life/who she is.
Whoa now, I never said I loved her. Just that I preferred her.

Quote:
(On that note I am normally a DFC fan, but daaamn Sugu is fine.)
Out of curiosity...what is her appeal? As far as chara designs go, she's the plainest female character in the series, isn't she?
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 16:08   Link #219
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If it was Kirito in there, he wouldn't be able to get out either.
The mind wonders on how things would have been if Kirito was really the one trapped and Asuna or his sister were the main characters instead.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 16:21   Link #220
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
The mind wonders on how things would have been if Kirito was really the one trapped and Asuna or his sister were the main characters instead.
That would have been a much more interesting story.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2012-10-30 at 17:29.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.