AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-01-08, 05:05   Link #21
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

it is working with VLC that Ladholyman wrote about ... but it is nonworking with Winamp 5.1 where i got http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/4...pedmo135lq.jpg ... and it works with pretty much everything i have otherwise ... and i got the exactly same problems in my Media Player (same picture as in Winamp)
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 07:15   Link #22
Nicholi
King of Hosers

I'm betting everyone here with "liquidy" video might have some old decoders installed which are taking priority. Now we could muddle up ASuki with giant posts of the logs I'm about to ask you to make, or we could do it on the CCCP's Forums. Whichever is best.

First you need to get the Insurgent tool (CCCPI) and do a 'Test Render' on the file in question. There should be a 'Copy' button to select and that is the information we will need. It will simply show which filters are being used to decode the file in DShow. Hopefully the problem will only go as far as that and there will be a simple solution... remove whatever bad filter(s) is(are) there

Otherwise we jump off the deep end and see what else is crittering around on your machine n_n
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 07:25   Link #23
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwisher
it is working with VLC that Ladholyman wrote about ... but it is nonworking with Winamp 5.1 where i got http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/4...pedmo135lq.jpg ... and it works with pretty much everything i have otherwise ... and i got the exactly same problems in my Media Player (same picture as in Winamp)
You're decoding XviD with DivX, which is not always a good idea. Stop that, and the problems will likely fix themselves.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 14:57   Link #24
hcl4

I had a somewhat similar problem mainly with stuttering video during panning scenes. Turns out I had an old version of xvid installed(2004). Reinstalling with the latest CCCP fixed that problem.
hcl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 20:01   Link #25
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Ok next time I'll tell our encoder not to use the two newest optimizations of Xvid.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 07:06   Link #26
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

... People using Xvid versions from back in 2004 shouldn't expect their playback to work. Keep your stuff updated, at least!
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote