AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 10:52   Link #41
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

Huh...I see...

Well if you would actively let age be a constraint on you, it's your call I suppose
Old 2012-11-01, 12:03   Link #42
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's -kinda- like that here as well. Guys in their 20s are either seduced by high school girls or sought out by the ones in their early 30s.

Quote:
Actually, depending on qualifications and position hired for someone teaching at a college could be a "Professor" "Assistant Professor (tenure track)" "Assistant Professor (non-tenure track)" and "Instructor"
Hmm, we only got professors and dr. mechanics, I wouldn't know about the rest :P Last time I saw anyone being called a teacher was back in high school though.
Old 2012-11-01, 13:41   Link #43
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
I would never be a teenage boy though!!! I'm a fucken girl!!!!
Alright, alright. So how old are you anyway? This kind of belief generally keeps up only 'til the end of high school in more progressive places as far as my experience goes.

Though let me say this, as a matter of public benefit: girl, don't let the patriarchy keep you down. Break from the mold and be a hipster, the traditional older man-younger girl is bloody boring. He's not mature, he's a failure who can't take a girl his own level so he looks downward.

...though I'm not taking into account lolita complex. Saintess, you damn pedophile. Don't corrupt me. >:I

____

Aaaaanyway, on topic, before the mods have my head:

On Ruby Princess' original situation, I *personally* don't mind it. I don't quite care, unless there's some blatant cheating going on. But from an overall professional point of view, yes, it is a breach of ethics to have such a major conflict of interest occurs. So they really should keep their heads down and try not to broadcast their relationship until the conflict of interest passes.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 16:21   Link #44
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
On Ruby Princess' original situation, I *personally* don't mind it. I don't quite care, unless there's some blatant cheating going on. But from an overall professional point of view, yes, it is a breach of ethics to have such a major conflict of interest occurs. So they really should keep their heads down and try not to broadcast their relationship until the conflict of interest passes.
This is the main concern, the conflict of interest.

There is nothing at all wrong with a professor dating someone who has been a student of his/hers. I now a lot of both male and female professors that have married students and many of them are happily married.

I think the only reason why people think weirdly about this is because there is such a strong taboo against relationships between teachers and K - 12 students, but I really don't see how you could apply this to college students since 99% of college students are over the age of 18.

But if the student is taking classes with that professor, or is a major in their department, it would constitute a serious conflict of interest.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:25   Link #45
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
But if the student is taking classes with that professor, or is a major in their department, it would constitute a serious conflict of interest.
Which they could potentially get around by having an impartial third-party grade and evaluate that student .. Which I have mentioned two other times before already..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote