AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-01, 10:53   Link #181
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Spoiler for Ending:
__________________
Hiroshi Amearai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 11:59   Link #182
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Xillia 3?
Man at this rate we're closing in on a Tales game a year. If someone had told me at the time I first played Tales of Phantasia on an emulator back in high school that I was playing the first of what would eventually become a long spanning franchise of anime inspired action RPG's I'd never have believe them it just seemed like such a revolutionary one off experiment at the time. I remember just the fact that they got a full vocal song onto an SNES cart at the time completely blew my mind.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 12:03   Link #183
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Man at this rate we're closing in on a Tales game a year. If someone had told me at the time I first played Tales of Phantasia on an emulator back in high school that I was playing the first of what would eventually become a long spanning franchise of anime inspired action RPG's I'd never have believe them it just seemed like such a revolutionary one off experiment at the time. I remember just the fact that they got a full vocal song onto an SNES cart at the time completely blew my mind.
It really just goes to show you that Baba is really making an effort to make the Tales Franchise a major one in Japan. You can almost put it in the bank that you'll see at least one new or remade tales game each year.
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 12:47   Link #184
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
It really just goes to show you that Baba is really making an effort to make the Tales Franchise a major one in Japan. You can almost put it in the bank that you'll see at least one new or remade tales game each year.
It really seems to have taken off this generation and under his watch (he started with Vesperia right?) in a way not previously seen. It was always something of a well-regarded franchise, but it definitely seems like Namco Bandai wants it to seriously compete in the JPRG scene as a top title now. I think it bears mentioning that when first starting up Tales of Graces f and my last Tales game having been Abyss on PS2 (skipped Vesperia) the thing that immediately threw me for a complete loop was just how gorgeous the graphics suddenly looked comparatively and that's just based off of a Wii game and not even designed with HD in mind. Not to say HD hasn't been very kind to this franchise since Xillia even looks about the same magnitude of difference better over Graces that it is to Abyss, but the increased effort in character modeling, animations and overall aesthetics (everything just looks less stiff somehow) between gens is hard not to notice and I think is the biggest difference therein.

That said I think in spite of disappointments like FFXIII that the JRPG scene in general is starting to see a bit of a resurgence in North America as well towards the end of the current gen. Whereas at the start of this generation the attitude seems to have been that JRPGs were stale and not innovating or showcasing enough variety I think that has proven to not be true in the end.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 18:18   Link #185
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kino's luggage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Xillia 3?

I think I'm getting one for Milla and Leia.. dunno about the other though. I still don't see any costume dlc that took my likings for the boys.

also.. it seems that we have multiple endings in this game? I'm worried whether I could get good ending or not if there's critical choice later in the game
From what I read in a 2ch thread, apparently you will get a sort of bitter-sweet ending for the first play. It is speculated that you can get a True End on the second play. Haven't visited that thread since yesterday so I'm not sure how it's really going. I personally think that it is highly likely since there're lots of new decision-making events that only appear in the second play (based on the live broadcast I'm following).

Ludgar's Geass costume was quite good on eyes; it made him looked more manlier than his default costume ^^" On the other hand, I don't like Leia's one though. The costume only was fine but her Karen hairstyle somehow gave odd feelings ^^"

So they already got the next Tales planned? If they really are going to release a new game per year then they got to be extra careful about the quality... Not sure if I should take people from 2ch seriously, but apparently there are some hardcore fans who are unhappy with the recent Tales. Is Symphonia and Vesperia that godly? They keep referring to that two titles a lot. I didn't like Symphonia's protagonist so I've never really check it out
__________________

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Original Illust: Yomo (http://yea.jp/taimando/)
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:26   Link #186
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
I figured it would have different endings and im really curious how much their are and what happens in them.
__________________
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:29   Link #187
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Symphonia and Vesperia are really good, but those people on 2ch are just being your common "things were better before, now they suck!" kind of people.

As for endings, there are 4. Good, semi-good, bad, and special. Special is an ufotable animated hot springs visit. It rocks.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:31   Link #188
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Oh yeah i saw the special on youtube...and it was hilarious . How many anime cutscenes are there this time around btw? As for vesperia and symphonia i loved vesperia but i haven't played symphonia yet unfortunately.
__________________
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:35   Link #189
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
I think I heard five, plus the opening and the four endings.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:38   Link #190
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Mind to share the Special one :3
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:39   Link #191
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
So five animation scenes plus the op and four endings? That seems about the usual number. Man for some reason xillia 2 just sounds way more interesting then the first xillia (even though im really looking forward to that one). Hopefully xillia 1 sells well so we can get the real prize aka xillia 2! @rrw not all of it but... (slightly NSFW) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKeId8yEEg
__________________
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:49   Link #192
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
^ ahh thanks but i found better ver
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

OMG! every Tales fan (Boys and Girls) squeeing everywhere

other ending can be viewed in same channel
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:58   Link #193
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Thanks
Here is what i believe all the endings are
Spoiler for Endings:

Also still no final boss vids? (i love watching those it gives me a perfect feel about the battle system.)
__________________
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 20:16   Link #194
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Not quite:

Spoiler for Endings:
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 20:24   Link #195
OPN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Age: 17
Ah sorry my mistake then
Spoiler for Endings:
__________________
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 20:43   Link #196
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish Marine View Post
I read somewhere in 2ch's TOX2 thread that you can probably transfer save file albeit you will get no trophy achievement. Maybe it worths giving a try?

There's a guy broadcasting his 2nd round play on Niconico, and he's my Kami-sama for now Things are 3xtimes better with Ludgar actually talking XD The first two chapters were kind of rushed in storytelling, but things started to get better and esp. after the Alt.timeline things had been explained. As usual, the casts are likeable and charming. Character's chapters are really good too.

Anyone planning to get some Geass DLC? I would recommend Milla's, Muse's, and Ludgar's ones; they looked really nice in the game. Jude's Suzaku was terrible though...
Really? Then I guess I'll wait for my friend to finish his first playthrough while playing the new super robot wars since I don't care that much about trophy or maybe some kind soul here would be kind enough to share their clear save file once they finish their first pay through?

As for DLC, I actually kinda hate the DLC approach so I never bought them, although I kinda understand about this approach for costume from another franchise(like geass or Madoka). At least Namco is still good enough to release the full game instead of selling the later part as DLC
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 23:05   Link #197
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Really? Then I guess I'll wait for my friend to finish his first playthrough while playing the new super robot wars since I don't care that much about trophy or maybe some kind soul here would be kind enough to share their clear save file once they finish their first pay through?

As for DLC, I actually kinda hate the DLC approach so I never bought them, although I kinda understand about this approach for costume from another franchise(like geass or Madoka). At least Namco is still good enough to release the full game instead of selling the later part as DLC
Save files would probably be uploaded in gamefaqs.. you just need to hack it so that you can play it with your account lol.

Seriously though, it's a good thing that this didn't get released at the same time as SRW:OG. At the very least I could save some money first until late Nov to buy OG.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 23:28   Link #198
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Save files would probably be uploaded in gamefaqs.. you just need to hack it so that you can play it with your account lol.

Seriously though, it's a good thing that this didn't get released at the same time as SRW:OG. At the very least I could save some money first until late Nov to buy OG.
Save file is hackable to be used on other account? I hope you won't mind if I PM you for the know-how since that will help me a lot

BTW, for people that doesn't mind being spoiled and watch xillia2 playthrough video, how does it look playing as Ludger? Is his change weapon on the fly feature as fun as it sound?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 23:43   Link #199
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
^ ahh thanks but i found better ver
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

OMG! every Tales fan (Boys and Girls) squeeing everywhere

other ending can be viewed in same channel
My dream come true, ufotable hot spring ftw!

Edit:Saw all the other vids on that channel too, though one was taken down because of copyright so the rest may not be up for too long.

Spoiler for For Jude:
__________________

Last edited by Mura; 2012-11-02 at 00:03.
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 00:25   Link #200
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Save file is hackable to be used on other account? I hope you won't mind if I PM you for the know-how since that will help me a lot

BTW, for people that doesn't mind being spoiled and watch xillia2 playthrough video, how does it look playing as Ludger? Is his change weapon on the fly feature as fun as it sound?
I could explain it here, you know? We need game genie/xploder so that we can change other param.sfo file to your param.sfo file... problem is, I don't have both game genie/xploder so I usually ask my friend that have it to change it for me (especially after I lost all my save files from my old ps3 ).

As for Ludger.. from what I've seen in the stream, I couldn't sa much because the enemies were all too weak at that moment. I've heard that there's already someone who posted his walkthrough in YT, so maybe you could check it?

anyway, someone already got 9999 hit combo
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.