AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-02, 13:29   Link #2001
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
http://www.uaw.org/articles/unions-g...sclose-his-big

Romney made 15.3 mil from the auto bailout by investing in some auto firms while he was actively fighting against the bailout. Now people are filing an ethics complaint against him for not disclosing this information when he send in his financial disclosure.
Where there is smoke there is fire, and there is too much smoke coming out of Romney. This guy a crook plain and simple.

What is really disgusting is observing how this election is so close when really it shouldn't. Here we have Nixon v. 2.0 caught on camera lying and speaking his mind and still people chose to vote for him. You have to be flat out stupid in order to even consider voting for the guy. The fact that people will create an alternate reality just so they can ignore the facts is baffling to me.

This really proves why Americans were dumb enough to elect Bush twice. If anything I am hoping that what happened in the year 2000 doesn't happen again.
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 14:08   Link #2002
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Oh, just imagine how things would be like:

Kyuu is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 14:43   Link #2003
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Yep, that is true.

GundamFan0083, you need to understand that when Obama took over this country, we was going through dropping Dow Jones (8659.59 as on Novermber 6 2008), losing over 800k jobs, Unemployment was at all time highs while fighting two wars losing countless of my friends and people that I knew lives in those battles. Auto companies was beyond saving, Bank Bailout was kicking our butts and many other stuff.

But after four years, Auto companies is back up and running, Unemployment is dropping, consumer is up, there is growth right now, Dow Jones is back up to 13000. Most of the friends is back on US soils. I know that Obama isnt perfect but you know what. I trust him over Ronmey who cant even stay on his own course and flip-flopping around trying to suck up to all the voters (that little crap he did for that Hurricane victims was the straw that broke the camel's back). Even know that the end of the tunnel is almost there, there is still little bit of darkness ahead.
I know we like to simplify everything down to just Democrat and Republican, but if a poster here doesn't like either of the candidates, please vote third party. For example, former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson is running on the Libertarian ticket, and his name can be found on most ballots. He is a good candidate for anyone who has socially progressive/liberal views, but also wishes for a far smaller and more concise and efficient government, and simplifying and reducing taxes. True, his stances on Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security are a bit out there, but they can be worked with under a Democratic Senate and Republican House to create something meaningful and long lasting.

No matter what though, even if someone feels that they can't decide on the Presidential candidate, please still vote for your local government. The fastest way to change the world always starts at home.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-11-02 at 15:09.
james0246 is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 15:03   Link #2004
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
No matter what though, even if someone feels that they can't decide on the Presidential candidate, please still vote for your local government. The fastest way to change the world around you always starts at home.
This, definitely. I'm not sure about other states, but I know Maryland has quite a few important initiatives this year (Dream Act, Gay Marriage, Casino Expansion, and Redistricting).
GDB is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 16:00   Link #2005
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
I agree with Lost Cause.

Last edited by Solace; 2012-11-02 at 16:43. Reason: And you can leave it at that.
Dr. Casey is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 16:09   Link #2006
Netto Azure
→ Soujiro Seta
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Akiba, Yamato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Oh, just imagine how things would be like:

When I saw this, it immediately became my favorite campaign ad this election cycle xP
__________________
Netto Azure is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 16:24   Link #2007
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Like I keep saying, this is a good election to vote Libertarian if you're a conservative who thinks more like Clint Eastwood, Christie, etc. (practical small government, etc). Its also a good election to vote Green if you think the Democrat move to 'center-right-corp' in the '90s has gotten out of hand.

The cages of the duopoly need rattling. In my case, I view the "christian zealot xenophobic right coupled with the new aristocracy' to be so dangerous to the future of the country - I feel like that problem has to be dealt with first before any other matter.
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 16:48   Link #2008
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Voting independent on the presidential ticket really won't do any good. It essentially really is just throwing away your vote as the media will undoubtedly not mention anything relating to that issue.

If you want to promote independent candidates, you have to start locally. Get independents into your local government first. Once you get enough of them a few of them can probably try for the state level positions. If independents can't even grab local seats then there's no way they would be able to do anything at the national level.
Xion Valkyrie is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 16:51   Link #2009
Neki Ecko
Do you "love" me
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Oh well, this things ends in 4 days and dont have to worry about it until 2 years later

But in other news, outside of a miracle, couple of states is going to legalize and taxed weed. I am not a weed smoker and I wont try it but if you passed a bill like this, this could be somewhat of a game changer.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 16:55   Link #2010
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
You have to be flat out stupid in order to even consider voting for the guy.
Or if I can benefit from it..
maplehurry is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 18:08   Link #2011
KiraYamatoFan
Mata/Kagawa/Januzaj ♥♥♥
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Oh, just imagine how things would be like:

Nice find.

Probably the best ad of the campaign. That's quite a nightmarish vision I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Where there is smoke there is fire, and there is too much smoke coming out of Romney. This guy a crook plain and simple.

What is really disgusting is observing how this election is so close when really it shouldn't. Here we have Nixon v. 2.0 caught on camera lying and speaking his mind and still people chose to vote for him. You have to be flat out stupid in order to even consider voting for the guy. The fact that people will create an alternate reality just so they can ignore the facts is baffling to me.

This really proves why Americans were dumb enough to elect Bush twice. If anything I am hoping that what happened in the year 2000 doesn't happen again.
I watched a documentary about Obama's past and Romney's past in parallel the other day, and the final verdict is that Romney (the silver spoon boy) is exactly what the US shouldn't have as a President. He created quite a mess with cutting jobs since he was in the business world.

Electing Bush twice remains the most baffling thing I've ever seen in my life; the guy is such a loser in life. When you look at the ideologies plaguing the GOP, no wonder why they have a bad streak of not-so-good/bad Presidents for most of the 20th Century except for Dwight D. Eisenhower, who spent so many years studying under Franklin D. Roosevelt before getting into politics years after FDR's death BTW.
__________________
Congratulations to the new teacher at Harvard's "The Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports" program, Sir Alex Ferguson.

Link to the article: here

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2012-11-02 at 20:46.
KiraYamatoFan is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 18:45   Link #2012
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
In the Badger State, divided over and baffled by Obamacare
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A106Z20121102

Older voters prefer Romney on healthcare, Medicare: Reuters/Ipsos poll
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A11CR20121102
The reasons given, when there was one, sound pretty much BS to me.

Edit: Mr. Burns Endorses Romney | The Simpsons | Animation on FOX
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 18:51   Link #2013
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Older voters prefer Romney on healthcare, Medicare: Reuters/Ipsos poll
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A11CR20121102
The reasons given, when there was one, sound pretty much BS to me.
Basically, it just says they can't do the math in regard to their own self-interest ... or the social regressive issues (race, women's rights, da gey) have them being led by the nose.
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 20:38   Link #2014
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Like I keep saying, this is a good election to vote Libertarian if you're a conservative who thinks more like Clint Eastwood, Christie, etc. (practical small government, etc). Its also a good election to vote Green if you think the Democrat move to 'center-right-corp' in the '90s has gotten out of hand.

The cages of the duopoly need rattling. In my case, I view the "christian zealot xenophobic right coupled with the new aristocracy' to be so dangerous to the future of the country - I feel like that problem has to be dealt with first before any other matter.
TBH, I'm really only going to the voting booth to vote on some of the local ballot measures, probably wouldn't bother going if it wasn't for that.
kyp275 is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 20:56   Link #2015
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
TBH, I'm really only going to the voting booth to vote on some of the local ballot measures, probably wouldn't bother going if it wasn't for that.
This is true for me as well, CA is for Obama regardless of my vote but some of the propositions are very important for me as a student so I'm going to vote on those at the very least.
__________________
Xacual is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 21:02   Link #2016
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Apathy can be why some states are "insert party here* "forever". California just redrew all the voting districts. Every seat in Congress is up for election (save Boxer's Senate seat). Not every new district is clearly Republican or Democratic yet. It is like starting over in some respects.

While I doubt California has shifted to the Republicans, this is a chance to make whatever voting statement you want for President and see what comes of it instead of just being apathetic and do nothing. Vote third party. Regardless of if you think it has a chance of not. Do it anyway. If the numbers start to shift because people are voting rather than not voting, things might change.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 21:09   Link #2017
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Apathy can be why some states are "insert party here* "forever". California just redrew all the voting districts. Every seat in Congress is up for election (save Boxer's Senate seat). Not every new district is clearly Republican or Democratic yet. It is like starting over in some respect.

While I doubt California has shifted to the Republicans, this is a chance to make whatever voting statement you want or President and see what comes of it instead of just being apathetic and do nothing. Vote third party. Regardless of if you think it has a chance of not. Do it anyway. If the numbers start to shift because people are voting rather than not voting, things might change.
the funny/ironic aspect of the recent California District redraw was that it was the republicans who wanted to take away the redraw power for the legislature. However when the independent panel drew up the new districts, the Republicans lost even more seats then if they left it with a democratic control legislature
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 21:23   Link #2018
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Apathy can be why some states are "insert party here* "forever". California just redrew all the voting districts. Every seat in Congress is up for election (save Boxer's Senate seat). Not every new district is clearly Republican or Democratic yet. It is like starting over in some respects.

While I doubt California has shifted to the Republicans, this is a chance to make whatever voting statement you want for President and see what comes of it instead of just being apathetic and do nothing. Vote third party. Regardless of if you think it has a chance of not. Do it anyway. If the numbers start to shift because people are voting rather than not voting, things might change.
The radio today was mentioning that California is actually getting bluer due to all the minorities registering.
__________________
Xacual is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 21:41   Link #2019
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
The conservatives that can seem to be "fleeing" to Oregan and Washington.

Despite that, I'd say vote anyway. Reb, blue, green, yellow, black, whatever. Just vote for what you believe in, not what the press tells you to believe in. You want to vote for Obama, than vote for Obama. You want to vote for Romey, than vote for Romney. If you want to vote for Barr, vote for Barr (Rossanne Barr...Peace and Freedom Party). Just vote for someone, since we aren't given a "none of the above" option other than write in vote.

Not voting tells them nothing and they assume it means you don't care, which is a good thing for them. You not caring mean they can get away with anytihing they want, because you don't care.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2012-11-02, 21:59   Link #2020
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
And this is all in the context of 2-3 decades in the making, not 4 years. Never forget that folks.
Are you kidding?
Our economic woes can be traced back all the way to the creation of the federal reserve banking system in 1913.
The people's money should never have been taken out of the control of the Treasury Department.

Even Lewis understands this:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Yep, that is true.

GundamFan0083, you need to understand that when Obama took over this country, we was going through dropping Dow Jones (8659.59 as on Novermber 6 2008), losing over 800k jobs, Unemployment was at all time highs while fighting two wars losing countless of my friends and people that I knew lives in those battles. Auto companies was beyond saving, Bank Bailout was kicking our butts and many other stuff.
Oh I understand what's happening perfectly, that's why I don't vote Republicon or Demorat.
Obama has made the situation worse, and if elected, Romney will continue this trend with a war aginst Iran.
The Dow Jones can go to 100,000 and the standard of living for the average American could be complete crap.
We are wage slaves, even those of us that own a business are slaves to this fiat money system, so don't give me the "Savior Obama" garbage.
The banks should not have been bailed out.
The auto companies should not have been bailed out (they've been owned by foreign interests since the 1980s).
If Bush or Obama wanted to save our economy they would have abolished the Fed, put us on a comodities based specie money system, and bailed out the American people by paying off the morgage debt to the banks.
They would also have reinstated Glass-Steagall.
Obama gave Bernanke unlimited power for Quantitative Easing, that means the dollar will become so worthless that private savings will be destroyed if this continues.
So don't try and tell me what's happening.
You wanna play blind man, go walk with the Shepard, as for me, my eyes are wide f*ck'n open.

Quote:
But after four years, Auto companies is back up and running, Unemployment is dropping, consumer is up, there is growth right now, Dow Jones is back up to 13000. Most of the friends is back on US soils. I know that Obama isnt perfect but you know what. I trust him over Ronmey who cant even stay on his own course and flip-flopping around trying to suck up to all the voters (that little crap he did for that Hurricane victims was the straw that broke the camel's back). Even know that the end of the tunnel is almost there, there is still little bit of darkness ahead.
No it isn't as I already showed you.
Fiat bought Crystler so now the Italians own it, and GM is headed for disaster again.

You see Neki, I'm alergic to propaganda from the RepubliDems, and don't buy into what their media sychophants spew on the television.
That's why I voted (on Tuesday) all Libertarian across the board.
From president of the US to Weld county commissioner in Colorado.
ALL Libertarian.
I will not waste my vote on either of the corporatist parties anymore.
They have sold us down the river to international banking cartels, the military industrial complex, big-oil, big-pharma, and big-agra.
They are NOT your friend and will do nothing to improve your life unless it improves the profit margins of their handlers: Obama included.
As Eddie Grffin has said of Obama:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Oh well, this things ends in 4 days and dont have to worry about it until 2 years later

But in other news, outside of a miracle, couple of states is going to legalize and taxed weed. I am not a weed smoker and I wont try it but if you passed a bill like this, this could be somewhat of a game changer.
I voted yes on Amendment 64 to the Colorado constitution, for the legalization of Marijuana.
__________________

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2012-11-02 at 22:17.
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.