AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 18
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 16 14.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 30 27.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 29 26.61%
7 out of 10 : Good... 20 18.35%
6 out of 10 : Average... 5 4.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 2 1.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 3 2.75%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 3 2.75%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-03, 03:01   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Sword Art Online - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Sword Art Online, Episode 18.

To The World Tree - 世界樹へ ~ Seikaiju he

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 07:07   Link #2
Witheirate
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wichita
can't wait to see sugu
__________________
Witheirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 07:15   Link #3
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
My body is ready for Sugu fanservice :3
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 10:16   Link #4
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Leafa (in this case I still prefer Lyfa)... I hope you don't make the scene Asuna did in SAO in Ep 8. XDDD
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 10:27   Link #5
Deltaray
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Age: 21
So another "cliffhanger" ending, even when in this series it doesn't really mean much.

Pace is so slow compared to first 14 episodes.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 10:30   Link #6
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Looking quite Bishounen in this END CARD there Kirito.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also Yui, your foot's in the way- *is SLASHED*
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 13:21   Link #7
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
So another "cliffhanger" ending, even when in this series it doesn't really mean much.

Pace is so slow compared to first 14 episodes.
Well, Kirito has a week to rescue Asuna until she's married off, while SAO took 2 years to clear. If they went with SAO pace, where several months passed off screen, the second arc would be over in two episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Is it just me or is her upper body position a bit weird compared to the lower body?
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 13:24   Link #8
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Did someone order Suguha fanservice :3

NSFW

Anyway, this probably can either the most hated episode ever or the greatest episode ever (So far)

Why Hated? Sugou NTR
Why Gratest? Suguha Fanservice
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:19   Link #9
Kamui04
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Is it just me or is her upper body position a bit weird compared to the lower body?
Besides the upper torso looking detached from her bottom, seems the artist was inspired by Tony Taka, and by that I mean what we're seeing is Yui's left foot, but her toes are reversed.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:25   Link #10
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Can you elaborate on Tony's part?
The drawing reminds me about Ikkitousen manga. It often has in-your-face Sole (foot) images.

Did Kirito think he can use better magic(with a giant sword)? It's making him more like another guy who has same nickname. Their nickname is Black Swordman (黒い剣士), except another guy loses an eye and an arm.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2012-11-03 at 15:23.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:28   Link #11
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
A few quick thoughts, as I have run:
  • Apparently whatever Sugou was using to mask the keypad doesn't work through mirrors. Oops... ^^;
  • He also just gave Asuna some very critical information that is certainly going to be his undoing: Kazuto is alive (and if he even went to visit her at the hospital, it means he hasn't given up on her).
  • Meanwhile, Leafa becomes a renegade to go with Kirito to the World Tree, but they're being followed...
  • And of course, due to reasons, Suguha still doesn't know that Kazuto is playing ALO, but her feelings are starting to overlap.
  • We also meet Recon in real life, and his unrequited feelings for Suguha are made clear. As was said, poor Recon...

All in all, progress is being made. I liked the way the end of the episode overlapped into the closing credits.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:34   Link #12
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
And this week on Rape Art Online, Sugou cops a feel while Asuna looks increasingly annoyed that the author has turned her from a Saber-class badass to a piece of meat that exists solely so the audience can feel all white knighty as they root for Kirito-Sue to rescue her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Besides the upper torso looking detached from her bottom, seems the artist was inspired by Tony Taka, and by that I mean what we're seeing is Yui's left foot, but her toes are reversed.
Maybe she's just been dismembered by a monster and that's why Kirito looks so mad.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:37   Link #13
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
And this week on Rape Art Online, Sugou cops a feel while Asuna looks increasingly annoyed that the author has turned her from a Saber-class badass to a piece of meat that exists solely so the audience can feel all white knighty as they root for Kirito-Sue to rescue her.
Did you miss the part where she's planning her own escape? Honestly, the way it's set-up right now, Kirito is just having fun playing around in a new game while Asuna is completely in charge of her own fate. Absolutely nothing Kirito has done has brought him even one step closer to rescuing her.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:53   Link #14
Avaricia
My Lord
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Did you miss the part where she's planning her own escape? Honestly, the way it's set-up right now, Kirito is just having fun playing around in a new game while Asuna is completely in charge of her own fate. Absolutely nothing Kirito has done has brought him even one step closer to rescuing her.
hmm.. I don't actually think that he is not close on rescuing her. The reason why he is fighting monster which you call (Playing around) is to farm some money to buy rare, epic class items to make his quest on saving Asuna faster
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:03   Link #15
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
hmm.. I don't actually think that he is not close on rescuing her. The reason why he is fighting monster which you call (Playing around) is to farm some money to buy rare, epic class items to make his quest on saving Asuna faster
Even assuming that's true (which it's not), he still has no reason to believe that climbing the tree will actually help him rescue. Right now all he has to work with is a blurry photograph, and being the proactive sort (with some nudging), decided to make investigating his only lead into his highest priority. There's nothing wrong with that, but it absolutely does not put him in a position where he can actually accomplish anything.

Say he actually does manage to climb the tree? What then? How does that free Asuna? He doesn't know anything about Sugou being a GM, of course, but even without that knowledge (which makes his task literally impossible), there's still no reason to believe that climbing the tree is going to help him at all.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:12   Link #16
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Kirigaya's school life.
Looks like she has a thing for Kirito.
Still teaching Kirito about the game.
It's amazing how trouble always finds him somehow..
Asuna still trapped by that creep... she just can't catch a break.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:38   Link #17
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
It never ceases to amaze me just how bad of a character Sugou is. I mean it's like every line he was saying made me want to facepalm.

And I can't stress enough how really glad I am that Kazuto and Suguha aren't actually related. Because seriously, Suguha is definitely the worst type of sister you could possibly have...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:41   Link #18
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
I Seriously want there to be out-takes where Sugou just randomly utters Dio's lines, It'd sell me the dvds.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:43   Link #19
firestalker5
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Even assuming that's true (which it's not), he still has no reason to believe that climbing the tree will actually help him rescue. Right now all he has to work with is a blurry photograph, and being the proactive sort (with some nudging), decided to make investigating his only lead into his highest priority. There's nothing wrong with that, but it absolutely does not put him in a position where he can actually accomplish anything.

Say he actually does manage to climb the tree? What then? How does that free Asuna? He doesn't know anything about Sugou being a GM, of course, but even without that knowledge (which makes his task literally impossible), there's still no reason to believe that climbing the tree is going to help him at all.
For one he's fairly positive that the blurry picture is of Asuna. He decides to investigate the World Tree because THAT'S WHERE THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN. A group of 5 used their own "leap frog" technique to get high enough up the tree to snap that picture. After that happened the game placed a wall in their way and the only way to the top by climbing the World Tree the official way. This was all explained in episode 16.

Climbing the tree is the only thing he can do at the moment. You would rather he stayed at home done nothing?! Seriously complain about him SUPPOSEDLY not doing anything and then you complain and bitch about the only thing he can do as a pathetic attempt in futility.

What do you expect him to do?! What can he do that will satisfy you? Because at the moment you seem to be at war with yourself on the subject.
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:46   Link #20
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It never ceases to amaze me just how bad of a character Sugou is. I mean it's like every line he was saying made me want to facepalm.

And I can't stress enough how really glad I am that Kazuto and Suguha aren't actually related. Because seriously, Suguha is definitely the worst type of sister you could possibly have...
they are related, first cousins.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.