AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 7 10.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 17.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 37.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 14.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 9.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-04, 22:56   Link #61
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The VN brought in many people to watch the anime in my opinion. I believe some are even staying away because they predicted bad things will happen with the anime version. Either way, it's just like that with Majikoi. As well as many other VN-adapted animes.
Urrghh...don't remind me...
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 01:02   Link #62
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Lol. What's the point in saying things like you don't know what the hype is about. Clannad flat out sucked for like 9 episodes and didn't really get going until after story, which is where the hype from that show comes from (Clannad without AS would not be anywhere near the level of praise it currently gets). Considering this has a long ways to go, I think you could reserve such comments.

In any case, the VN fans were always going to complain. You can't beat your own imagination with adaptions, so I always find these comparisons silly. I rather thought this last episode was done pretty well personally, and I read the VN.
Reckoner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 01:26   Link #63
Soliloquy
Secret Schemer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trendy Backwater
Age: 28
This episode was way too much already. I hate to think if Kyoto Animation handled this, how more moe it would be. While the tragic scene is well done, the transition felt jarring.
__________________
Enthusiastic Slice of Life Guy
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 01:45   Link #64
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Count me in when you say that Komari's voice is umm... not very pleasant at all.

I didn't really like the drama twist because it just went be so fast, perhaps I've grown way to used to it (damn Jun Maeda trying to force tears out of people), though the rest of the episode was nice and relaxing; a night out with the stars is the classic way to do a cool anime hangout between two characters and just never seems to get old. Let's just say that these scenes never go wrong for me, even if I don't care for the characters (take that famous starlit episode of Bakemonogatari for example). Gundam Age had a really nice one in its first episode too. I usually love the atmosphere and love it irl too. For the most part, the episode was did its job, but I'm not really interested in Komari's panties or ass, so stop showing me it. (Meanwhile, there's far better targets for that ). Still, I'd say this is a good episode for Riki's character, mostly.

The old dude is a nice staple, btw.

7/10
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 01:56   Link #65
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Actually, Komari's route was written by Tonokawa, not by Maeda.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 02:33   Link #66
elior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
acully i seen lot of viewers that love the little busters vn was write a positive comment even there was some missing scences and say it pretty good
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 02:46   Link #67
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, Komari's route was written by Tonokawa, not by Maeda.
lol, I see I was mistaken. Allow me to rephrase.

Key's "cry now bitch" tactic can wear a bit thin at certain points.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 03:21   Link #68
Magicflier
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Dunno which VN players you've been talking to but most of the ones I know only have complaints about the show. So if it's meant for fanservice for the VN players, it's doing a bad job at pleasing the majority.
Hell, if it really was just meant as fanservice for the VN players it would have stuck to the VN much more faithfully.
Correction*, the minority is unsatisfied over the majority
There are more positive comments than there are negative about the adaption so far putting logical arguments into consideration (animation, pacing, etc.). Many viewers are actually not bothering to join in on expected arguments and negative thoughts about the adaption and are on the passive while the criticizers are only the ones that are most active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I didn't really like the drama twist because it just went be so fast, perhaps I've grown way to used to it (damn Jun Maeda trying to force tears out of people)
Don't know why but i didn't see it as a scene to force you to cry, i thought of it more as a scene of shock giving you a wtf moment
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Lol. What's the point in saying things like you don't know what the hype is about. Clannad flat out sucked for like 9 episodes and didn't really get going until after story, which is where the hype from that show comes from (Clannad without AS would not be anywhere near the level of praise it currently gets). Considering this has a long ways to go, I think you could reserve such comments.

In any case, the VN fans were always going to complain. You can't beat your own imagination with adaptions, so I always find these comparisons silly. I rather thought this last episode was done pretty well personally, and I read the VN.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

Last edited by Magicflier; 2012-11-05 at 03:46.
Magicflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 04:15   Link #69
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Wait, are people still complaining? Be glad something's finally happening- isn't this what everyone wanted?

We're on Episode 5, damn. Fair evaluation is not possible at this stage, especially for a 20+ episode series.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 08:02   Link #70
bigdeal000
malefic
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nowhere, because I don't exist
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Wait, are people still complaining? Be glad something's finally happening- isn't this what everyone wanted?

We're on Episode 5, damn. Fair evaluation is not possible at this stage, especially for a 20+ episode series.
Well, people complain because when something finally happened, it was poorly done, so they're losing hope for the next 20+ episodes. Just wait till episode 6. That's a very important episode storyline wise and if that is poorly done as well- omg, the reactions...The bright side would be that many will just drop it then so from episode 7 on there might be less complaints. I personally liked the anime so far so I'm waiting from the moment I'll be able to read these threads without being disheartened.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 08:07   Link #71
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Listening to "Dancing stars on me!" on repeat
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Lol. What's the point in saying things like you don't know what the hype is about. Clannad flat out sucked for like 9 episodes and didn't really get going until after story, which is where the hype from that show comes from (Clannad without AS would not be anywhere near the level of praise it currently gets). Considering this has a long ways to go, I think you could reserve such comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
We're on Episode 5, damn. Fair evaluation is not possible at this stage, especially for a 20+ episode series.
Oh, of course. It's the "it gets better, I swear" syndrome. Visual novels in particular fall victim to this flaw a lot (see: Muv-Luv).
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part III: Rebellion
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 08:21   Link #72
Ringil
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Oh, of course. It's the "it gets better, I swear" syndrome. Visual novels in particular fall victim to this flaw a lot (see: Muv-Luv).
I don't think it's really bad at this point, just nothing great. Of course, I also thought the VN at this point was pretty mediocre (specifically most of the heroine routes), so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'd say this episode was pretty decent. I agree with the aforementioned comment that the Komari's sudden change probably would have been much better directed by like fizzling screen or other methods.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 09:14   Link #73
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
great episode.... love this one because the plot is very real

I don't really get what's the point from giving us to see some Komari's clumsiness during star sightseeing or visiting the lake (well, it will give some meaning when we saw the flashback in next episode hopefully)
Komari in loli-goth cloth... perfect!

quite surprised in last scene... Komari's mindbreak eyes and expression are truly something unforgettable for me... reminded me with lots of mindbreak scene in other anime
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 09:33   Link #74
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicflier View Post
Correction*, the minority is unsatisfied over the majority
There are more positive comments than there are negative about the adaption so far putting logical arguments into consideration (animation, pacing, etc.). Many viewers are actually not bothering to join in on expected arguments and negative thoughts about the adaption and are on the passive while the criticizers are only the ones that are most active
Are there more positive comments than negatives or are there more unsatisfied viewers than satisfied ones?
There's a major difference, I have both positive and negative comments about the series, in fact so far I have more positive than negative comments to add...however the negative ones, while few are much larger and outweigh the positive thus why I'm unsatisfied. And from what I've seen I am not the only one.
I must admit, I'm not sure about actual numbers...but I see it based on the people in this forum and the ones I talk to and there are few that are satisfied with the series compared to the ones with major complaints.

About those that don't join discussions...well there's really no way to tell if they don't join in. There can be many unsatisfied viewers or satisfied ones but if they don't post it then there's really no way we can add them to the list.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 13:21   Link #75
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
This is Kotomi's breakdown all over again, but with almost no emotional impact whatsoever. This arc feels a bit sped up, and the fact that is going over 2-cour now leaves no excuse to rush things anymore.
__________________
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 13:50   Link #76
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Shouldn't we be able to tell what or who based on the episode ratings? Right now the ratings are heavier in the upper part of the scale.
Eh, even I have been voting a 7 or 8 each episode. Again, I enjoy each episode, I'm just dissatisfied with the adaptation of certain scenes and plot points...which in turn ruin the overall experience.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 14:45   Link #77
elior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
i think this episode was very good i agree with the problem of komari breakdown leave no impact and the pace fast but it didnt stop me from enjoy some of the scences in this episode and i still loved most of this episode.it just my guess but i think they will slow down once we will reach the importend rouths that connect a bit to the plot of the show
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 15:27   Link #78
Arturia Polaris
Ponytail Sommelier
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
I'm 7/8'ing the episodes as well (compare to Chuu2 where I'm 8/9 them) because I'm enjoying this. The main problem is the Jun Maeda-ness we come to expect and at least I'm baffled as to how they'll do it.

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 16:25   Link #79
Dizzyworld2
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
This is Kotomi's breakdown all over again, but with almost no emotional impact whatsoever. This arc feels a bit sped up, and the fact that is going over 2-cour now leaves no excuse to rush things anymore.
There is an excuse for the fast pacing. All the heroine routes (although we're not 100% sure with Rin), and the common route needs to be crammed in 26 episodes. I have to admit that the pacing is going much faster than I'd like, however.

--
After seeing the dead cat scene the second time, the scene was more of a shock than than feeling sorry for Komari. I don't know if that was the intention of the director (or which staff that is responsible for these stuff) though.

[mod edit: removed game route impressions]

Oh, but they really screwed up the Komari Max vs Yui-chan~ scene ]:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-11-06 at 03:33. Reason: DO NOT post your impressions of the game route in this anime thread
Dizzyworld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 20:30   Link #80
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
great episode.... love this one because the plot is very real

I don't really get what's the point from giving us to see some Komari's clumsiness during star sightseeing or visiting the lake (well, it will give some meaning when we saw the flashback in next episode hopefully)
Komari in loli-goth cloth... perfect!

quite surprised in last scene... Komari's mindbreak eyes and expression are truly something unforgettable for me... reminded me with lots of mindbreak scene in other anime
I think her brother told Komari something like...

"Hey, when I get better, I promise we'll go to the lake someday..."

...and...

"Riki-kun, will you be my onii-chan?"

...Crap.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.