AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-30, 23:51   Link #9501
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
More 4-komas are always welcomed.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 12:11   Link #9502
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere between this world and the next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I'm happy to see the 4-koma Needless Gaiden will be there. Really wish there was more of it, like a page or two at the end of every chapter.
Or at the very least, a few bonus pages at the end of each volume - except that they probably wouldn't get translated in that case...
__________________
Where did it all go wrong?
Sayo A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 12:18   Link #9503
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
It will likely be two more days before Red Hawk Neo releases the latest chapter. Before then, I don't remember if someone else brought this up, but I want to bring it up again if so:

Spoiler for I don't know how to do image tags yet:


Possible forshadowing?
__________________

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-11-05 at 12:30.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 12:51   Link #9504
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Kurohane@ If I remember right this was already point out.
From what I recall more than one character have this kind of hand,we see AnN,Satan,Megroze( i think) .
So it's a little hard guess who was that time....my bet still on AnN.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 13:53   Link #9505
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hey, Soji. I haven't seen you in a while. Yeah, I thought someone brought this up before, but I wasn't sure. Even though the hands are different, the similaraties between both occurances really screams out. I'm hoping this will be mentioned later in the story.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 14:40   Link #9506
Avvesione
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
It will likely be two more days before Red Hawk Neo releases the latest chapter. Before then, I don't remember if someone else brought this up, but I want to bring it up again if so:

Spoiler for I don't know how to do image tags yet:


Possible forshadowing?
Yeah, looks like the subject was brought up a few times in this thread, especially about 200 pages ago when chapters 78, 80, and 82 were new (80 shows Mengroze with the same hand orientation as was in 50 and 78, 82 shows it from ANn). Even Cruz's hands have looked like that before, too (51). There've been a few examples of this possibly occurring at other times, too, so its entirely possible that it could be any of them or even someone we haven't met yet.

The only other time it has been brought up was recently with Mio pleading to Setsuna and Kuchinashi to let Cruz live because of what she was told that during the PF Blast (chapter 98). And in 51, she states that she saw the hands protecting Cruz, allowing him to live. Then are both helpful clues because it 1) provides a reason why the hands would be protecting Cruz and 2) that they were visible to Mio and apparently told Mio to let Cruz live. Because of this, it really hints at being either Saten or ANn, but the fact that Mio thinks it was an angel doing all this leads me to lean toward ANn than Saten. Not only that but we've seen ANn manipulate light before, placing the marking on Cruz's leg in 82, and she seems more like an angel that Saten.
__________________
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 15:41   Link #9507
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Took me a while to go through all the chapters you listed. Yeah, I see what you were talking about. Menogroze has the same oreintation due to out-stretching his left hand, the same as in chapter 50 with this mystery person. The same is with the hands in chapters 78 and 82, with both looking extremely similar. However, both seem to come from different people: Saten and AnN. The one in chapter 78 can be debatable with who it belongs to. Thank you, Avvesione for pointing those out. I got new insight from it.

I don't think it was specifically stated where Mio was told that Cruz can't die. I personally thought it was when that scientist a few chapters ago showed her that pipe he wanted her to bend. I assumed that was when AnN talked to her. Mio didn't specifically mention seeing anyone, so I am assuming AnN didn't appear, but talked to her like a "voice in the wind".
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 18:04   Link #9508
Ynot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
When considering possible candidates for the answer to who saved Yamada when Arclight released his Eden seed, Saten isn't really high on my list. We've already seen him save, or try to save Yamada more than once. Why would this time be shrouded in mystery when all the other times it wasn't?

Other than that it seems Mio only saw a hand. If it was Saten you'd think she would've seen more of the person and recognizing him/her. Ann has already shown she is/can be invisible to others so for the moment she's my main suspect. However, I'm hoping the true identity will be a complete surprise.
__________________
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 18:34   Link #9509
Avvesione
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
For reference:

Mio seeing the hand (51):
Spoiler:


Mio being told Cruz needed to live, when she saw the hand (98):
Spoiler:
__________________
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 22:27   Link #9510
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
When considering possible candidates for the answer to who saved Yamada when Arclight released his Eden seed, Saten isn't really high on my list. We've already seen him save, or try to save Yamada more than once. Why would this time be shrouded in mystery when all the other times it wasn't?

Other than that it seems Mio only saw a hand. If it was Saten you'd think she would've seen more of the person and recognizing him/her. Ann has already shown she is/can be invisible to others so for the moment she's my main suspect. However, I'm hoping the true identity will be a complete surprise.
To be fair, we don't really see Saten going out of his way to protect Cruz until Eve's Story. During the time of the PF Blast would be the first time Saten actually protected him if it was our sneaky devil. He would actually be the most obvious. Other than the Blade faction and Arclight, he was also present during the confrontation. Of course, Saten being the obvious answer could also mean the less likely he is the one considering Imai-san's writing style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
For reference:

Mio seeing the hand (51):
Spoiler:


Mio being told Cruz needed to live, when she saw the hand (98):
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, Avvesione. I still can't make out her saying she was told during the blast. She doesn't really say or provide hints to when and where this angel spoke to her. In additon, her being "told" could be what she inferred from the experience. "As it is this angel's will Cruz needs to live" could be what she is thinking.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 01:47   Link #9511
Avvesione
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
To be fair, we don't really see Saten going out of his way to protect Cruz until Eve's Story. During the time of the PF Blast would be the first time Saten actually protected him if it was our sneaky devil. He would actually be the most obvious. Other than the Blade faction and Arclight, he was also present during the confrontation. Of course, Saten being the obvious answer could also mean the less likely he is the one considering Imai-san's writing style.
First time we see it is in the Third Shelter where Saten makes a plan with Eve for him to be defeated and for her to go heal and save Cruz. It was pretty clear and Disk even points it out directly. You can even go one step further and say when Saten appeared in the Third Shelter and kicked Kurumi to Blade, that he was directly saving Cruz (because there's no reason for him to save Disk or Gido yet). If not, the PGS would've captured Cruz, interrogated him, and then possibly kill him. Because of those few reasons, it's not impossible for Saten to be able to save Cruz during the PF Blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I'm sorry, Avvesione. I still can't make out her saying she was told during the blast. She doesn't really say or provide hints to when and where this angel spoke to her. In additon, her being "told" could be what she inferred from the experience. "As it is this angel's will Cruz needs to live" could be what she is thinking.
Whenever I'm in doubt, I always check the original Japanese (and I did this before posting both pics). Here, she uses the kanji "言" to denote that someone spoke to her about it. When Setsuna asks, Mio replies it was by an angel and when she continues to explain, she mentions it was when the Simeon Building was blowing up (which matches up with what we saw in the manga).

So, Mio does provide hints to when and where and states that she someone said this to her.
__________________
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 22:44   Link #9512
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
True, I didn't think of the third shelter incidents. Saten did help Cruz by letting Eve get past him. We can go farther with the kicking him and Kurumi's body to Blade. It was pretty clear Cruz and the others would have been captured or killed otherwise. However, I didn't want to use those examples because Saten's motives could be debateable especially with the issue of Kurumi's body. He helped Blade revive, which actually obstructed Arclight's goals, but we really couldn't tell why at that time. All we had was speculation. I mentioned Eve's story, because that's when we cleary see Saten go out of his way to protect Cruz. I guess it's because we saw his concern in that incident we can infer his actions in shelter 3 were for the same reasons: Cruz's well being.

I could never have figured that out about Mio's interaction of the angel being that specific, because I can't read japanese. Thank you for the specific info Avvesione. Also about the angel, Saten's title is reference to the angel Lucifer, who has fallen from grace.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 10:12   Link #9513
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Also about the angel, Saten's title is reference to the angel Lucifer, who has fallen from grace.
That 's true but I think Mio refers on some other kind of angel.
Think about it,if the angel was Saten I think that Mio would recognize him,but she don't and i not see reason for her to hide the identity of the angel if she know who he/she was.

Anyway lest's hope the next ch give us some more answer ...because we really need them.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 16:15   Link #9514
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Well, Mio only saw a hand. She didn't see an defined figure in all the light. However, the shape of Saten's hand in chapter 78 and the mysterious person's hand in chapter 50 are different. It's stange though about Mio being in the same area as Cruz after the blast. The person must have moved Mio to be blown in the same vicinity as Cruz. That would explain how she got separeted from Setsuna and Kushinashi when they were together at the time before the PF blast. But, why her?
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 19:07   Link #9515
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
^ Maybe because the person knew that Mio would not hurt Cruz?
Like that person know that Mio would protect him?.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 19:13   Link #9516
Avvesione
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Well, Mio only saw a hand. She didn't see an defined figure in all the light. However, the shape of Saten's hand in chapter 78 and the mysterious person's hand in chapter 50 are different. It's stange though about Mio being in the same area as Cruz after the blast. The person must have moved Mio to be blown in the same vicinity as Cruz. That would explain how she got separeted from Setsuna and Kushinashi when they were together at the time before the PF blast. But, why her?
You know, what you said was exactly a part of my "Mio is a spy for Saten" theory, being placed there to protect and monitor Cruz after he received the Eden Seeds from Eve.

There was more on it, including why she saw the hand (Saten's), how she was able to report Eve's location when she was melting (Saten knew to bring the Eden Seeds even though she was just discovered by only Cruz and Mio) and why she didn't fight Ishiyama in the Underground City. Not only that but the PGS interacts with Saten more in the manga than they do with Riru and that's true for Needless 0 II as well.

I still loosely hold onto the idea but there hasn't been any revelations or hints to it being true besides these tangential theories. It if does turn out to be true, then that will be some impressive writing and a shocking turn-of-events, but for now, it's little more than wishful thinking.
__________________
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 03:24   Link #9517
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^ Maybe because the person knew that Mio would not hurt Cruz?
Like that person know that Mio would protect him?.
Well, yeah, but how would this person know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
You know, what you said was exactly a part of my "Mio is a spy for Saten" theory, being placed there to protect and monitor Cruz after he received the Eden Seeds from Eve.

There was more on it, including why she saw the hand (Saten's), how she was able to report Eve's location when she was melting (Saten knew to bring the Eden Seeds even though she was just discovered by only Cruz and Mio) and why she didn't fight Ishiyama in the Underground City. Not only that but the PGS interacts with Saten more in the manga than they do with Riru and that's true for Needless 0 II as well.

I still loosely hold onto the idea but there hasn't been any revelations or hints to it being true besides these tangential theories. It if does turn out to be true, then that will be some impressive writing and a shocking turn-of-events, but for now, it's little more than wishful thinking.
I am reminded of what Saten said to Mio during the encounter in the underground city hospital. Something along the lines of "If you keep cheating on me like this, I'm gonna cry." I always found that strange. I rubbed it off as him joking, but now, I'm thinking it was a secret password that only Mio could interpret. Maybe Mio's a whole lot smarter and clever than she lets on.
__________________

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-11-09 at 02:00.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 16:03   Link #9518
Spinell
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
There was a post by js06 on mangahelpers:

Quote:
Red Hawk has dropped Needless, so I am posting my translations here again and they are free for anyone who wants to use them.
Spinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 18:15   Link #9519
Ynot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Thanks for the heads up Spinell. It's too bad they had to drop Needless so soon, they did a good job imo. Let's hope another group will pick it up soon.
__________________
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 19:07   Link #9520
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinell View Post
There was a post by js06 on mangahelpers:


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! *pants* *pants* *takes deep breath* *calms down*

Thanks for telling us, Spinell. Appreciate the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Thanks for the heads up Spinell. It's too bad they had to drop Needless so soon, they did a good job imo. Let's hope another group will pick it up soon.
Hopefully. Or a hardcover licensor like yen press or digital licensor like Jmanga picks it up.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.