AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-06, 07:26   Link #481
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I thought it was pretty clear she's getting over that and also starting to fall for Alibaba.... Sinbad's her first crush, she can obviously get charmed/manipulated by him easily even still, but as things were going she was falling for Alibaba, she just doesn't know.

Don't think anything will come of this apart from a reason to switch sides.. and more than likely Alibaba x Mor will happen.

Anyway speaking of dat Kougyoku, considering what happened in episode 5 do you think the anime version of her going through Ugo will be in her djinn equip form?
It's likely...Although her pwning Ugo without any Djinn equipping is suppose to reveal how strong she was...So can't say if that's a good thing or not
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 08:23   Link #482
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Remember the Tsunami she summoned when she used her full Djinn equip? That could have destroyed a whole city, lol. That's how strong she is.
__________________
Hiroshi Amearai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 08:37   Link #483
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Silly westerners, clearly with an Arabian background Baba dererves a harem.

Clearly.

With a giant monkey included.

Clearly.
You right, Arcording to my research (AKA fanart) he already been paired with everybody*!

*By mean by everybody is most of male character + mor + Kougyoku
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 11:39   Link #484
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Silly westerners, clearly with an Arabian background Baba dererves a harem.

Clearly.

With a giant monkey included.

Clearly.
You know....saying his name like that brings to mind Baba as in the Kouga Baba


*vomits*
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 13:22   Link #485
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's likely...Although her pwning Ugo without any Djinn equipping is suppose to reveal how strong she was...So can't say if that's a good thing or not
She pwned Ugo with her weapon-based Djinn equip. Her metal vessel is her hair pin and she manifested her Djinn weapon (spear/halberd) and went through Ugo.
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 14:00   Link #486
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
She pwned Ugo with her weapon-based Djinn equip. Her metal vessel is her hair pin and she manifested her Djinn weapon (spear/halberd) and went through Ugo.
I don't know with you guys but for that very reason, I honestly don't care what'll happen to her.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 15:14   Link #487
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I just need more Yamuraiha!

I'm pissed they killed off Dunya(ex-favorite because dead).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 15:20   Link #488
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Are we forgetting that Ugo was already pretty much worn out and used up all his Magoi nearly killing Judal?
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 15:29   Link #489
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I'm pissed they killed off Dunya(ex-favorite because dead).
Although look into Magomett's past does diminish sympathy for her situation quite a bit.
She reminds me a bit of Shoukei from Twelve Kingdoms.
Except, in 12 Kingdoms, Shoukei learned her place thanks to a wise and benevolent man-sized mouse.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 16:41   Link #490
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
a wise and benevolent man-sized mouse.
I love that mouse. My favorite character from Twelve Kingdoms!

Sorry for the OT post though. lol
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 18:35   Link #491
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Although look into Magomett's past does diminish sympathy for her situation quite a bit.
She reminds me a bit of Shoukei from Twelve Kingdoms.
Except, in 12 Kingdoms, Shoukei learned her place thanks to a wise and benevolent man-sized mouse.
Then again Dunya was a child, she was not responsible for the bad treatment of the magicians (though she could have grown up to be, but that's still a What If)
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 19:05   Link #492
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
She pwned Ugo with her weapon-based Djinn equip. Her metal vessel is her hair pin and she manifested her Djinn weapon (spear/halberd) and went through Ugo.
Doesn't matter....full body cladding is treated as an extremely high level form of Djinn usage. Weapon based one, even Ali Baba can pull it off


Quote:
Although look into Magomett's past does diminish sympathy for her situation quite a bit.
She reminds me a bit of Shoukei from Twelve Kingdoms.
Except, in 12 Kingdoms, Shoukei learned her place thanks to a wise and benevolent man-sized mouse.
She's 13 at that time.....


OTOH I can't feel anything for Dumberdouche at all


Quote:
I don't know with you guys but for that very reason, I honestly don't care what'll happen to her.
You know Ugo isn't destroyed? Despite what he says I get the feeling he and Aladin will meet again, perhaps at the story's climax. Djinn don't die so easily
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 19:37   Link #493
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm kind of bothered that we seem to have a case of gradual indoctrination going. While the students might show doubts NOW, the longer they stay and the more they're exposed both to the apathy in the 5th Level and Mogamett's diatribes, then the likelier that they'll agree with his views.

Also, his interest in Malga can be seen as both a good and a bad thing, really.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 20:02   Link #494
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm kind of bothered that we seem to have a case of gradual indoctrination going. While the students might show doubts NOW, the longer they stay and the more they're exposed both to the apathy in the 5th Level and Mogamett's diatribes, then the likelier that they'll agree with his views.

Also, his interest in Malga can be seen as both a good and a bad thing, really.
You mean like the people in this thread?
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 20:11   Link #495
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Indoctrination you say?

OMG I've figured it all out! These are the real masterminds behind everything in the Magi world!
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 06:56   Link #496
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's likely...Although her pwning Ugo without any Djinn equipping is suppose to reveal how strong she was...So can't say if that's a good thing or not
Yeah I know what you mean, seeing her take out Ugo like that was just "Wtf", so having her go djinn equip to do it would kinda cheapen that scene.. but seeing dat volume 13 cover animated... would rather they don't do it but it seems like something this anime team will do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I don't know with you guys but for that very reason, I honestly don't care what'll happen to her.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 14:00   Link #497
RainbowMagnet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I don't know with you guys but for that very reason, I honestly don't care what'll happen to her.
Huh? What else is she supposed to do then? Ugo was out of control and threatening to kill the magi of their country. What she did was cruel, but she was just protecting the people on her side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah I know what you mean, seeing her take out Ugo like that was just "Wtf", so having her go djinn equip to do it would kinda cheapen that scene.. but seeing dat volume 13 cover animated... would rather they don't do it but it seems like something this anime team will do..
To be honest, I don't really think that it was her power that killed Ugo. Not that she's not strong, but as Sinbad stated, an attack of that degree shouldn't have been able to kill a djinn. Chapter 66 implies that Ugo used up all his Magoi to protect Alladin from Judal, which is why he dissapeared when he ran out. Alladin wasn't able to supply Ugo with magoi, because he wasn't his Djinn. Therefore I think Judal is really more to blame for his death than Kougyoku.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 14:07   Link #498
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
Huh? What else is she supposed to do then? Ugo was out of control and threatening to kill the magi of their country. What she did was cruel, but she was just protecting the people on her side.
No, she was doing a little more than just protecting her people. For instance, the first thing she did when she appeared was to order her monster-retainers to kill all the people gathered at the place, many of which weren't a threat to her or Judal.


Let's not kid ourselves here. Kougyoku was a pretty nasty piece of work when she first appeared. And although it seems she isn't like that anymore now, she still lacks the sort of compassion and kindness shown in other female characters like Hakuei or Morgiana.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 14:26   Link #499
RainbowMagnet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, she was doing a little more than just protecting her people. For instance, the first thing she did when she appeared was to order her monster-retainers to kill all the people gathered at the place, many of which weren't a threat to her or Judal.


Let's not kid ourselves here. Kougyoku was a pretty nasty piece of work when she first appeared. And although it seems she isn't like that anymore now, she still lacks the sort of compassion and kindness shown in other female characters like Hakuei or Morgiana.
No, the first thing she did was attacking Ugo, because he was attacking them and therefore a threat. She didn't do anything else and was actually about to leave untill Alladin attacked her. It was then that Alladin stated that Ugo was on their side, which is why she came to the conclusion that others were a threat too.

I won't deny that she wasn't nasty, but she had her reasons for doing what she did.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 18:29   Link #500
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

I vote this becomes the standard sadface gif
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.