AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-04, 14:02   Link #161
Asuras
Dictadere~!

The story seems... Lacking. Like they just came up with a bunch of fancy terms and threw them around in the dialogue.
Old 2012-11-04, 14:49   Link #162
Shadow5YA

Not going to lie... some of those arcade stories made me cringe, especially Linne's.

I'm supposed to take a little girl being a centuries old clan leader seriously?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 14:57   Link #163
hyl
imouto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
The story seems... Lacking. Like they just came up with a bunch of fancy terms and threw them around in the dialogue.
It's still an arcade mode story, not something for the home consoles.

Atleast the story in UNIB is much better than this
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 16:18   Link #164
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Yuzuriha's story.

GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 16:35   Link #165
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It's still an arcade mode story, not something for the home consoles.

Atleast the story in UNIB is much better than this
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
An arcade mode story may be all we're getting. Even if french bread does release the game on consoles, it doesn't mean they'll revamp the story. MBAA's story was still the same as the arcade's.
Old 2012-11-04, 16:49   Link #166
hyl
imouto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
An arcade mode story may be all we're getting. Even if french bread does release the game on consoles, it doesn't mean they'll revamp the story. MBAA's story was still the same as the arcade's.
Unlike UNIB , Melty blood already has a detailed story prior to AA, in the original and React. So I am pretty sure the story for UNIB will be more detailed in the home console version, seeing we have nothing.
Also it's pretty common that the story modes are expanded for home console versions in other fighting games like Guilty Gear and Blazblue.
Old 2012-11-04, 17:03   Link #167
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Unlike UNIB , Melty blood already has a detailed story prior to AA, in the original and React. So I am pretty sure the story for UNIB will be more detailed in the home console version, seeing we have nothing.
Also it's pretty common that the story modes are expanded for home console versions in other fighting games like Guilty Gear and Blazblue.
The original MB and Re-Act don't count since MBAA's story is effectively a sequel plotwise to the events in the original.

Also, while I agree that fighting games normally get a more detailed story mode for console release, the point is that French Bread won't necessarily do that because they have not before.
Old 2012-11-04, 17:12   Link #168
hyl
imouto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The original MB and Re-Act don't count since MBAA's story is effectively a sequel plotwise to the events in the original.

Also, while I agree that fighting games normally get a more detailed story mode for console release, the point is that French Bread won't necessarily do that because they have not before.
It's hard to judge that, because they have only made one game that started as an arcade release before getting a home console port and that was MB AA.
All of their other arcade games before AA were ports.
Old 2012-11-06, 19:22   Link #169
Shadow5YA

Some UNIB news taken from Beast Note:
Spoiler for saving space:

Sounds like they have Melty HD in development, but they couldn't go any further without type-moon. Nasu probably is still busy, this time with Fate/Extra CCC.

It also sounds like there's no plans for a console release. Most likely they don't have the developers to even port it to a console, or no one is willing to publish their game.
Old 2012-11-07, 04:20   Link #170
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

UNI PC Version?! Yahoo! My prayers were answered!
Old 2012-11-07, 04:26   Link #171
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
UNI PC Version?! Yahoo! My prayers were answered!
It's not a confirmation, just something that French Bread wants to do.
Old 2012-11-10, 18:12   Link #172
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Seth's story. This should make only Hilda left, assuming she even has a story mode.

Old 2012-11-18, 12:36   Link #173
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Eltnum is now playable. According to a japanese guy, the ending of her story mode is Eltnum breaking the fourth wall and wondering when French Bread will release the next Melty Blood, while doing this:

(For those who don't know, that mushroom is Kinoko Nasu's (creator of Tsukihime/Melty Blood) avatar.

And, Hilda and Eltnum's Instant Kills:

French Bread is not even trying to hide that Eltnum is a Sion clone, especially with that Instant Kill.
Old 2012-11-19, 05:09   Link #174
EmagEvil

LOL Eltnum's Instant Kill is from the last Melty Blood's Final Boss... What's the name already?

... And while i was on a vacation in Japan for 2 weeks, i only tried once this game, and played Yuzuriha(i wanna try Eltnum, but looks like it's no available, yet...), it was my 1st time playing it and i went until the Final Boss Hilda(Hyde nearly beat me, but i still did it)! And i obviously lose(how could a guy playing for the first time beat the last boss without losing a credit, right?)... I was giga lucky was i?

EmagEvil, le Jeu de la Vie .
La Vie, c'est comme un Jeu : Parfois on gagne, mais souvent on perd ...
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:50   Link #175
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Eltnum's story mode was finally subbed. Wow, it is all about fourth-wall breaking and MB references...

And even the characters acknowlegde that the next Melty Blood will take forever to be finished.
Old 2012-11-28, 22:44   Link #176
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I feel like French Bread acknowledging their own slowness in producing another MB is only making real their self-perceptions. Like, they're accepting it as if it were 'okay'.
Old 2012-11-29, 00:55   Link #177
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I feel like French Bread acknowledging their own slowness in producing another MB is only making real their self-perceptions. Like, they're accepting it as if it were 'okay'.
I think that has more to do with Nasu not being able to give the okay on Melty Blood HD or having the time to write the story. He was busy with with Mahoyo before, and now he's busy developing Fate/Extra CCC. Then... who knows, maybe he'll be working on that Tsukihime remake after that.

Either way, Melty Blood requires Type-Moon's input, and they aren't exactly the most punctual with releases.
Old 2012-11-29, 13:59   Link #178
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
R.I.P Subbed Arcade modes on youtube.

Sometimes it's just silly how things became regarding copyright issues.
Old 2012-11-29, 16:20   Link #179
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Damn, and here I was going to download these videos. Ugh, that's what I get for procastinating on it. Ah, how I miss the times when you could use YouTube to upload anything without these damned copyright issues.
Old 2012-11-29, 19:08   Link #180
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I love how things that America can't even see yet are somehow copyrighted. What are we going to do? Sell videos of matches?