AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 14
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 102 45.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 57 25.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 19 8.56%
7 out of 10 : Good... 16 7.21%
6 out of 10 : Average... 10 4.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 5 2.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 3 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.45%
1 out of 10 : Tortuous... 8 3.60%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-22, 22:10   Link #481
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
OMG this episode.....

1. Kirito, YOU FIGHT SO BADASS I'm totally in love

2. ASUNA!! YOU ARE NOT DEAD! YOU CAN'T BE DEAD. This is a bad dream, right!?

3. Ending scene....I ALMOST cried. Almost. I don't know how I didn't. Especially when he was crying in Asuna's arms. ;____;
"Gomen...gomen, Asuna!"

I didn't completely expect that player whatshisface to be Kayaba. That took me by surprise. And while KiriKazuto just walking out the door with his I.V., no doctors to stop him in sight requires a suspension of disbelief....you have to admit, that would have TOTALLY ruined the mood, especially with 'Yume Sekai' playing like that.

I mean, can you imagine 'Yume Sekai' starting up as he tries to leave the bed and doctors body-tackle him, yelling "What the hell are you doing, IDIOT?"
No, it's just not the same.....
that would have been hilarious though
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 10:27   Link #482
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
How do you feel about this interpretation of Trainwreck Art Online, Animesuki forum?
The same as I feel about all such so-called "critiques", which contain so much hyperbole that they drown out the legitmate complaints. Basically, they're nothing more than rants to me.

I'm a little disappointed you didn't point out who the author was, though. ;p
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 11:03   Link #483
rocket
Senior and Demented
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
How do you feel about this interpretation of Trainwreck Art Online, Animesuki forum?
Hey Kitten Lovers of America Guild, how do you feel about this anonymus article I found online that rants about how kittens are basically rats with pointy ears and absolutely useless at playing catch or barking?

Really, you dissagree?! I'm shocked and outraged! How could you not be convinced by my winning sympathetic presentation of why I don't love kittens?


...


As for myself, I found the end of the first arc reveal to be quite shocking.

In the previous episode I was feeling the tension and pressure that being trapped in a death game had put upon the young couple, and they were facing a horribly though boss. Even though they beat him the cost was high, and the subtext for me was "how can they possibly go on?" There was no way to last to level 100 without one one of them dying, yet running away to live a fantasy fishing life was out of the question too.

I can see many alternate ways to go from there, but I was perfectly satisfied also to end that arc with that boss at that point because we got see a tangible demonstration of Asuna's love for Kirito (in the most heart-breaking and dramatic way possible I might add).
Spoiler for future episode:
__________________
rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 11:09   Link #484
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
How do you feel about this interpretation of Trainwreck Art Online, Animesuki forum?
I respect his viewpoint, but he's honestly given me more respect for an episode that I've long-viewed as incredibly cheesy.

The fact that SAO went against a popular and well-worn trope (and he's right, this is a trope in video games) is a mark in its favor, imo. SAO does things the trope reaffirming-way too much, if anything, so almost any conceivable instance in which it subverts a trope is something that I'll applaud.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 05:10   Link #485
Rakshasa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 下北沢、東京
So, did Klein use the 10-second limit resurrection item on Kirito?

That and Kayaba turning Asuna immortal on Kirito's request seems to make the most sense to me.
__________________
libTorrent - A BitTorrent library and ncurses client for *nix.
Rakshasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 07:04   Link #486
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
So, did Klein use the 10-second limit resurrection item on Kirito?

That and Kayaba turning Asuna immortal on Kirito's request seems to make the most sense to me.
Spoiler for Comparison to the Light Novel:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 20:28   Link #487
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Okay... where do I begin...

It had nice showdown and conclusion but...

a) Showdown didn't have any real build up, it just happened out of nowhere. Well there was this tiny hint ages ago but they really could have explored it better.

b) Don't get me started on cliched "I've died but no I'll still hang onto some invisible thread of life to finish things off".

c) The whole drama at the end barely gives me any feels. Kirito is alive and we still have 11 or so episodes to go so there are 99% of chance that Asuna is alive.
If it was an actual final, it would be good. It would make you go "No! You cam't stop here! Is she alive? Please say yes! If no, I'll believe she is!" or something like that. you would care.
But here it is just a "meh.

d) What are they going to show in the next 11 episodes? Kirito getting trapped in another game? In all honesty after such incident, this kind of games should've been banned and I doubt that anyone in right mind would get anywhere close to them in near future =/

Oh well, need to watch and see.
Spoiler for Extra:
__________________

Last edited by kitten320; 2012-12-07 at 06:10.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 14:38   Link #488
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Now that this series is nearing its end -- or it has ended -- I shall now resume from the half-way point. And I'm well aware of people's opinions of the series after this point.

For now, I'm just amused at the episode title -- and the day that was yesterday. LOL Mayans.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 02:10   Link #489
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
By the way, just to bring a close to an issue from a long time ago... On the Blu-Rays/DVDs, they did correct the infamous Engrish sign that appeared right after Kirito made his promise with Heathcliff. It now says "Changed into Mortal Object", to make it clear that it was referring to the status change of Heathcliff himself. This is basically what a lot of people suspected (that it was only a typo), but good to have it cleared up.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 21:31   Link #490
Akito Kinomoto
木之本 慊人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 23
I'm rewatching this show, and despite its faults, it's still good. Then again, I remember not liking ALO, and the anime should have ended here.

On to this episode. The hospital walk was simply very moving. There's something powerful about seeing a veritable Neo wake up from the dream only to find his real state in shambles. Throughout the show we have reminders of SAO not being real, from murderers laughing off their acts saying there's no proof someone would die, to Kirito and Asuna worrying over the state of their bodies, to the feelings of characters changing for the better or worse, to the power in this world not meaning a thing; everything was authentic but nothing was real. This combined with the world building made this fantasy-land feel so real, but soon enough, this finale reminds us that only emotions are retained from a dream while the faux accomplishments are fleeting.

I honestly forgot this show was ever about a video game and just accepted it as an alternate-reality fantasy story. A fantasy grounded in reality with simple but believably charming characters. The time skips stop here, and that's what really grated on me throughout these 14 episodes the most. This is as positive as I'm going to get, though, because I'm really not looking forward to ALO, but I'll do what I must.
__________________
My MALLet's do a head count here. We've got a ruthless spearman, a girl with a thousand muskets, a near-psycho fighting for love, and a deity who lives up to her status. You've managed to piss them all off. When they come, and they will, they're coming for you

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ I have an army

We have a Goddess
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 03:24   Link #491
c933103
FTNR
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hong Kong, UTC+8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
I'm rewatching this show, and despite its faults, it's still good. Then again, I remember not liking ALO, and the anime should have ended here.

On to this episode. The hospital walk was simply very moving. There's something powerful about seeing a veritable Neo wake up from the dream only to find his real state in shambles. Throughout the show we have reminders of SAO not being real, from murderers laughing off their acts saying there's no proof someone would die, to Kirito and Asuna worrying over the state of their bodies, to the feelings of characters changing for the better or worse, to the power in this world not meaning a thing; everything was authentic but nothing was real. This combined with the world building made this fantasy-land feel so real, but soon enough, this finale reminds us that only emotions are retained from a dream while the faux accomplishments are fleeting.

I honestly forgot this show was ever about a video game and just accepted it as an alternate-reality fantasy story. A fantasy grounded in reality with simple but believably charming characters. The time skips stop here, and that's what really grated on me throughout these 14 episodes the most. This is as positive as I'm going to get, though, because I'm really not looking forward to ALO, but I'll do what I must.
when there're more alt-reality after novel volume 9
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 19:16   Link #492
mergele
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Personally I think it was a good decision to practically skip the bossfight. Here are my reasons:
1. It would be a cool spectacle, but there already was a great spectacle with Heathcliff vs Kirito, also very emotional Scenes. It would have distracted too much.
2. The fights are not why you look SAO. At least me. They are pretty basic and more a way to show other things. (Kirito saving this smith from the dragon, teamwork to beat the real thought first boss, as well as that the guy uniting all these people and being a great leader still is egoistic/selfaware enought to go for the last attack himself, .....)
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 18:00   Link #493
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 23
Yay, anime is over!








It's not is, it?
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 18:04   Link #494
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 23
Oh right: the 4k people missing died or not, I still wonder?
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 14:50   Link #495
c933103
FTNR
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hong Kong, UTC+8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Oh right: the 4k people missing died or not, I still wonder?
no matter in which world, those who died cannot revive
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 15:01   Link #496
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
no matter in which world, those who died cannot revive
"People die when they're killed"

Ofc they cannot revive, I was just wondering whether they really were killed in real life or not, since the social consequences of what happened seemed pretty meek, at least as portrayed in the anime...
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 18:22   Link #497
Rageth
That Guy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
"People die when they're killed"

Ofc they cannot revive, I was just wondering whether they really were killed in real life or not, since the social consequences of what happened seemed pretty meek, at least as portrayed in the anime...
Yes, they died in real life... You finished the anime, and you don't know this still?
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 11:51   Link #498
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Yes, they died in real life... You finished the anime, and you don't know this still?
I always questioned WHY they needed to die. They couldn't escape so even just TELLING them they would die would still have the same effect. They would still think they would die even if they didn't. No one could get in to tell them so either. For his kind of plans I could see why he would need to ensure that the helmets couldn't be taken off so those death became an evil Kayaba needed but frying their brain for dying was unnecessary.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 12:10   Link #499
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Yes, they died in real life... You finished the anime, and you don't know this still?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I always questioned WHY they needed to die. They couldn't escape so even just TELLING them they would die would still have the same effect. They would still think they would die even if they didn't. No one could get in to tell them so either. For his kind of plans I could see why he would need to ensure that the helmets couldn't be taken off so those death became an evil Kayaba needed but frying their brain for dying was unnecessary.
Except there is one issue: the people OUTSIDE would have just disconnected everyone and the game would be done for.
Perhaps a coma would have been possible upon disconnection, but the only 100% surefire way to avoid people being disconnected from the death game was to kill them if that happened.
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 14:56   Link #500
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Except there is one issue: the people OUTSIDE would have just disconnected everyone and the game would be done for.
Perhaps a coma would have been possible upon disconnection, but the only 100% surefire way to avoid people being disconnected from the death game was to kill them if that happened.
That was the point of frying them if they were disconnected. There isn't a point of frying them just because they died. So long as no one could get into the game, those still in the game would continue thinking that they would die.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.