AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-05, 12:30   Link #21
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 18
I remember watching some ecchi anime on my computer when I was younger, and my mom suddenly walked in on me in the worst timing possible. Said scene involved two girls, stairs, and pantsu.
She said these kind of things are "not for my age" and told me to immediately close the player. :| She probably thought I was watching porno, and since I'm a girl...
__________________
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 21:04   Link #22
ForwardUntoDawn
Operation "sneaky sneaks"
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hic et ubique
When I'm watching Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai on my iPad and my friends arrive seconds before Sena shouts universe in the ninth episode.
__________________
ForwardUntoDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 19:53   Link #23
Insane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Age: 18
Awkward moments? I frequently find these kind of moments in many ecchi shows. Usually it's involving a pervert harem male leads where he always thinks ecchi stuffs and yearns for women's breasts all the time, yet whenever cliche scenes happen/the girls make a move toward him, he just chicken out without doing anything which is very awkward for me
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 01:18   Link #24
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Every time I take my "loli moe loving friend who is completely unaware of his surroundings" out anywhere. And some high-pitched loli blurts out something psuedo-suggestive cutesy thing while looking midly sexually exploited everytime he does something on that phone of his. In middle of a restaurant.

I don't know how many times I wanted to slam my face on the table.

Yeah, you know who you are, I know you read these forums!
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 12:15   Link #25
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Every time I take my "loli moe loving friend who is completely unaware of his surroundings" out anywhere. And some high-pitched loli blurts out something psuedo-suggestive cutesy thing while looking midly sexually exploited everytime he does something on that phone of his. In middle of a restaurant.

I don't know how many times I wanted to slam my face on the table.

Yeah, you know who you are, I know you read these forums!
Wha? What is he doing to his phone!? To the loli!?

Outlook not so good
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 21:57   Link #26
Pink Cow
This is my title.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philippines
Only awkward moment I can remember is when I was watching Ranma1/2: Nihao My Concubine, my mom was in the room. And Happosai removes Ranma's shirt at the beach and it zooms out to show her breasts. Mom saw it and she was like.... "they show boobs in cartoons now?"

I was 12 when this happened. I felt so awkward. Lol. Got used to it after a while. So did my mom. Hahaha!
__________________

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 19:44   Link #27
ForwardUntoDawn
Operation "sneaky sneaks"
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hic et ubique
I'm back here again thanks to such a moment: I was watching Sword Art Online and a questionable scene involving Asuna and Kirito in episode eight began right as my parents walked in. I was watching said episode on a big screen and wasn't expecting such a thing to occur I'm probably going to switch to watching the second arc on my iPad...
__________________
ForwardUntoDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 11:08   Link #28
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Probably from this site, to be honest. I like to read the forums and some members put fanservicey signatures from shows I'd likely never watch. People noticing said signatures while I'm reading the site... pretty embarrassing to me, lol.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 13:33   Link #29
ForwardUntoDawn
Operation "sneaky sneaks"
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hic et ubique
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Probably from this site, to be honest. I like to read the forums and some members put fanservicey signatures from shows I'd likely never watch. People noticing said signatures while I'm reading the site... pretty embarrassing to me, lol.
It is possible to turn the signatures off in your control panel That said, I know that feeling The fun part is explaining to any observers what is going on exactly.
__________________
ForwardUntoDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 17:17   Link #30
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: it's too dark to tell...
One of my most memorbale awkward moments was when I was twelve or so. I had just got the Chrono Crusade anime for Chirstmas and was very excited to watch it, but of course, I would do it like it was sameful act, with my bedroom door locked. I hid the DVDs in my sock draw, so that my brother (who at the time would absolutely riducule me for watch anime and reading manga) wouldn't find them.

The next week I went on a hiking trip with my Girl Scout troop to Colorado. When I came back, I noticed the DVDs were on top of my dresses and not inside of it. I confronted my brother and asked him why he watched them. He replied. "I was bored and wanted to know what was all the fuss." Then he smirked. "You like the weirdest stuff! That was so gross when that girl started licking his cut hand! You're such a freak!" Resolve broken, I cried. But I learned that day, nothing is sacred, not even sock draws.

Of course, I'm over it now and will watch anime in the same room as him--though he still refuses to watch most of it. I've been trying to get him to watch Modoka Magica, but haven't been successful yet.
__________________
Speical thanks to Haladflire65 for the awesome Signature
Bassoonicmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 18:19   Link #31
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Hmm...

Well, first of all, watching anime like "Natsuiro Kiseki", "AKB0048", "Girlz und Panzer" where not a SINGLE man is present for most of the time, and having my mother barge in my room plenty of times, I've already developed an extreme hearing sense (and I even watch anime with the headphones in one ear only) and a quick as lightning techinque named:

SPACE-> ALT+TAB

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 14:50   Link #32
Zeydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I have, thankfully, managed to avoid these sorts of moments. I guess it's probably due to the fact that most of the series I watch aren't really prone to having fanservice, and when I do watch something that could put me in a bit of hot water I try to make sure nobody is going to interrupt.

It also doesn't hurt to have really laid back parents though.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 14:57   Link #33
Tsundere Louise
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tristinian Academy of Magic
I remember while watching Zero no Tsukaima F, on the scene where Saito pushed me on the bed, my mom came into the room... That baka inu just had to push me at that moment... >///<
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic214404_2.gif
Tsundere Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 15:18   Link #34
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Listening to "SENTIMENTAL StepS" on repeat
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
a quick as lightning techinque named:

SPACE-> ALT+TAB
Or you could just press the B key if you're using MPC-HC.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 15:36   Link #35
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
One of my most memorbale awkward moments was when I was twelve or so. I had just got the Chrono Crusade anime for Chirstmas and was very excited to watch it, but of course, I would do it like it was sameful act, with my bedroom door locked. I hid the DVDs in my sock draw, so that my brother (who at the time would absolutely riducule me for watch anime and reading manga) wouldn't find them.

The next week I went on a hiking trip with my Girl Scout troop to Colorado. When I came back, I noticed the DVDs were on top of my dresses and not inside of it. I confronted my brother and asked him why he watched them. He replied. "I was bored and wanted to know what was all the fuss." Then he smirked. "You like the weirdest stuff! That was so gross when that girl started licking his cut hand! You're such a freak!" Resolve broken, I cried. But I learned that day, nothing is sacred, not even sock draws.

Of course, I'm over it now and will watch anime in the same room as him--though he still refuses to watch most of it. I've been trying to get him to watch Modoka Magica, but haven't been successful yet.
... why is the guy fishing thru girl's stuff?
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 19:04   Link #36
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
It is possible to turn the signatures off in your control panel That said, I know that feeling The fun part is explaining to any observers what is going on exactly.
True, though I don't mind most sigs and would feel weird without them. Guess I put myself into the danger zone
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 21:35   Link #37
Hakumen
Sankishin
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
One of my most memorbale awkward moments was when I was twelve or so. I had just got the Chrono Crusade anime for Chirstmas and was very excited to watch it, but of course, I would do it like it was sameful act, with my bedroom door locked. I hid the DVDs in my sock draw, so that my brother (who at the time would absolutely riducule me for watch anime and reading manga) wouldn't find them.

The next week I went on a hiking trip with my Girl Scout troop to Colorado. When I came back, I noticed the DVDs were on top of my dresses and not inside of it. I confronted my brother and asked him why he watched them. He replied. "I was bored and wanted to know what was all the fuss." Then he smirked. "You like the weirdest stuff! That was so gross when that girl started licking his cut hand! You're such a freak!" Resolve broken, I cried. But I learned that day, nothing is sacred, not even sock draws.

Of course, I'm over it now and will watch anime in the same room as him--though he still refuses to watch most of it. I've been trying to get him to watch Modoka Magica, but haven't been successful yet.
Wow.. I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what else you had to go through while growing up with such person around you. Ridiculing someone just because you can't understand their hobbies is not cool. I guess your brother just enjoys teasing you every chance he gets. I'm glad you are over it.
__________________
Hakumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 00:53   Link #38
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the piercing blue sky
I'm sure I have other anime-related awkward moments aside from what I mentioned before, but I just can't remember them at the moment. I'm probably better off not remembering those, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
True, though I don't mind most sigs and would feel weird without them. Guess I put myself into the danger zone
There is also the option of hiding individual user signatures and avatars instead of turning them all off.

User CP -> Settings & Options: Edit Options -> Thread Display Options: [beta] Hide Signatures & [beta] Hide Avatars.

You need to specify the member's user ID number, but it can be easily found on the specific user's profile page URL. I tried it before and it works for me.
__________________
Coldlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 01:53   Link #39
Hoaviet
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
The awkward moment, when a nude anime picture comes on when cousins are using the desktop and staring at the screen.

10 second rotation 16000 pictures, WHAT BAD LUCK
__________________
The World Isn't Interesting At All _Kyon Desu_
Hoaviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 13:20   Link #40
CMHerrera
Miss. Fangirl
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to CMHerrera
I had moments where a family member would think a guy was a girl....and my sister almost caught me watching a yaoi long ago, but she shrugs it off XD
__________________



CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMHerrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awkward, embarrassing, moment

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.