AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-07, 10:09   Link #5021
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
well it is said in novel. King of End is not Arthur so Guinevere here is not the Guinevere in legend and Lanceşot is not the Lancelot in legend. as it is said there is a Heretic Arthur manifested. Guinevere calls herself Guinevere because she thought she was the person in the legend. when she learned she had great shock. so the legend about Lancelot and Guinevere's betraying Arthur doesn't have anything to with Lancelot and Guinevere in the story.

yes they are not les
This is correct.I have no idea where people got the idea that they are.
__________________

Last edited by Moe Connection; 2012-11-07 at 10:24.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 13:57   Link #5022
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
This is correct.I have no idea where people got the idea that they are.
Well, yuri has become very very popular these years. Anything can happen. Maybe our folk here take that principle for granted with any series released that focus on girls' relationship, even if it's just friends... Just like, you know, fucking NTR!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 19:05   Link #5023
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Can anyone explain to me how aging works for Campiones? JPS killed her first god when she was 19 I think and she's now like 28.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 19:44   Link #5024
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Can anyone explain to me how aging works for Campiones? JPS killed her first god when she was 19 I think and she's now like 28.
They don't die of old age, but they do continue growing till a certain point. It might be based on each Campione's personal preference, though. Luo Hao stays a beautiful woman, Voban looks like Dracula, Donny and Alex stay at their prime. Or it could be based on what Pandora thinks fits them best.

Or it could be a plotho*shot with a dart and dragged off in a black sedan*
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 21:32   Link #5025
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
They don't die of old age, but they do continue growing till a certain point. It might be based on each Campione's personal preference, though. Luo Hao stays a beautiful woman, Voban looks like Dracula, Donny and Alex stay at their prime. Or it could be based on what Pandora thinks fits them best.

Or it could be a plotho*shot with a dart and dragged off in a black sedan*
Salvatore and Alec are still in their twenties, and Luo Hao is a master mage so that explains why she looks like that. I think we should take Voban as the standard.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 23:19   Link #5026
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
More than likely Campiones age appearances are to their tastes. Age magic may be similar to language magic, remember Godou was able to speak and recognized Italian despite not learning the magic, it may be second nature to Campiones to shift their age.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 06:52   Link #5027
chancs
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: where magic is reality
Send a message via Skype™ to chancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
More than likely Campiones age appearances are to their tastes. Age magic may be similar to language magic, remember Godou was able to speak and recognized Italian despite not learning the magic, it may be second nature to Campiones to shift their age.
i don't agree with it. Would Voban prefer to remain old? I think it depends on the age at which you become a Campione. Slowly and gradually the body stops altering/changing with age.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 07:25   Link #5028
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
i don't agree with it. Would Voban prefer to remain old? I think it depends on the age at which you become a Campione. Slowly and gradually the body stops altering/changing with age.
Really don't think so, Voban seems the type to want the appearance of an old man. I don't know whether it is from the anime or the Novel, but I do remember Voban saying Godou's age of becoming a Campione was close to his.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 07:34   Link #5029
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Voban said that Godou reminded him of himself when he was younger, so it's likely he became a campione before he aged.

Like Lucretia, Lu Hao most likely uses magic to keep herself appearance younger than her real age. On the other hand Doni and Voban, who do not have any interest in mastering magic, will and have aged.

If Godou doesn't learn magic to keep his appearance young, he will age like a normal person, though maybe his [Youth] incarnation has some function that can slow or stop his ageing? After all, it is called Youth
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 07:36   Link #5030
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Voban said that Godou reminded him of himself when he was younger, so it's likely he became a campione before he aged.

Like Lucretia, Lu Hao most likely uses magic to keep herself appearance younger than her real age. On the other hand Doni and Voban, who do not have any interest in mastering magic, will and have aged.

If Godou doesn't learn magic to keep his appearance young, he will age like a normal person, though maybe his [Youth] incarnation has some function that can slow or stop his ageing? After all, it is called Youth
That may be true, but for Campiones magic like that may be second nature. Like I said before, Godou was able to learn Italian without learning the magic, it just happen. Age magic may work the same way for Campiones as does language.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 07:54   Link #5031
Gore17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Well, it is mentioned that the age magic thingy was more effective on females then males. So while females stop aging in their 20's-30's, the male Campiones stop aging in the 50's-70's? Of course, they're probably still as fit physically as in their prime.

Alternatively, Voban just aged reeaally badly. He did live a hard life as vagabond before he became a Campione, after all, and having a hard life can make you look older then you actually are. Combined with additional aging after becoming a Campione, with naturally looking older and he could have ended up looking like that, even if his aging stopped in, say, his 30's?

Last edited by Gore17; 2012-11-08 at 08:12.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 09:59   Link #5032
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
It's impossible to say because Voban is our only example. Its entirely in character for him to want to look that way.

I think their appearances will be decided naturally based on self-image and/or personality rather than the age control magic mages use. After all, their constitution is decidedly non-human and is similar to a god's.
__________________
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 12:00   Link #5033
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
You guys are silly, using Voban as a prototype still means they they at the very least age VERY slowly.. What do you think Voban would look like if he aged "normally" ?? .. A corpse, that's what

So, speaking of what's out so far in V10 .. this is neat.. The formation of legends and myths, even the using of Wagner's Nibelungenlied.. !

Signs point to yes
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 17:25   Link #5034
kokolores
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I think it's standard fare for fantasy that when people are especially long lived because of some magical reason that women often remain young seemingly frozen in their twenties while men stop in their sixties.

One might think that there is some inherently sexist bias somewhere that men are allowed to age while once a woman loses her sex appeal she no longer has much of a role in the story other than as an old crone. Ridiculous, I know. I'm just throwing it out there for the lulz.

It must be coincidence.
kokolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 20:14   Link #5035
Gore17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokolores View Post
I think it's standard fare for fantasy that when people are especially long lived because of some magical reason that women often remain young seemingly frozen in their twenties while men stop in their sixties.

One might think that there is some inherently sexist bias somewhere that men are allowed to age while once a woman loses her sex appeal she no longer has much of a role in the story other than as an old crone. Ridiculous, I know. I'm just throwing it out there for the lulz.

It must be coincidence.
It's also mentioned that females are more likely to develop spiritual powers, which allows them to become miko and witches. There's also that whole thing with the mother earth goddesses, with that whole "life and death" thing.

It may also be a reference to the fact that females live longer then men, which again ties back into that whole life thing.

It's also mentioned in the first novel that the Grand Masters were "old", and Godou viewed them as "venerable", along with "they aged very slowly". Considering they were both female, it implies that they do age over time, just much more slowly then normal. And if the extended lifespan they've shown is proportional to their extended youth, that would mean that female mages, witches and mikos live longer then males.

So I would say it's the opposite, and men are the ones who are having a injustice upon them.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:03   Link #5036
chancs
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: where magic is reality
Send a message via Skype™ to chancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
It's also mentioned that females are more likely to develop spiritual powers, which allows them to become miko and witches. There's also that whole thing with the mother earth goddesses, with that whole "life and death" thing.

It may also be a reference to the fact that females live longer then men, which again ties back into that whole life thing.

It's also mentioned in the first novel that the Grand Masters were "old", and Godou viewed them as "venerable", along with "they aged very slowly". Considering they were both female, it implies that they do age over time, just much more slowly then normal. And if the extended lifespan they've shown is proportional to their extended youth, that would mean that female mages, witches and mikos live longer then males.

So I would say it's the opposite, and men are the ones who are having a injustice upon them.
^^ which I would say is normal
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:35   Link #5037
Gore17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
^^ which I would say is normal
You talking about the injustice forced upon males thing?
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:35   Link #5038
chancs
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: where magic is reality
Send a message via Skype™ to chancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
You talking about the injustice forced upon males thing?
It has become so common that I have stopped pondering on it
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 01:07   Link #5039
Gore17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
It has become so common that I have stopped pondering on it
True, I think it's less common, and less intense then injustice/prejudice against females, but it's there.

Incidentally, if you look at it at the magic users and Campiones, you'll notice that until Godou, the numbers of females has been higher or equal to the number of males. Of the three oldest Campiones, two are female, one being the oldest and presumed to be the most powerful, while the other is the most skilled warrior in the world. The male? A monster that gets by with raw power and cunning.

There's other stuff, but I think you get the gist of it. Do I think the authors being sexist? No, just like I don't think he's being racist. However, people who are sensitive or deliberate looking for such things, can easily find material which supports such a view, same as in any other story.

...Sorry, got a bit ranty at the end there. Pet peeve of mine.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 01:10   Link #5040
chancs
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: where magic is reality
Send a message via Skype™ to chancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
Incidentally, if you look at it at the magic users and Campiones, you'll notice that until Godou, the numbers of females has been higher or equal to the number of males. Of the three oldest Campiones, two are female, one being the oldest and presumed to be the most powerful, while the other is the most skilled warrior in the world. The male? A monster that gets by with raw power and cunning.
Now that you have mentioned... There are 8 Campiones at present. But so far only 7 have been introduced. Who is the eighth one?
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.