AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-09, 15:47   Link #101
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
If this Volume is gonna be about his Z, I can expect Kong,Sengoku and Garp to have more spotlight about their character. We don't know anything about Kong and how he moved to the Government.
I'm anxious to learn about Kong. He must have been quite a major player back during Roger's era. And Z probably fought alongside Garp and Sengoku at times. All in all, this should be an interesting volume.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 19:28   Link #102
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
As much as I'd also love to learn more about Kong, I kinda doubt that we'll hear much about him (if at all) in the Z flashback. Kinda like how we didn't really learn much about the marine personnel in chapter 0 (which, incidentally, was where we first learned about Kong in the first place!). Still, I definitely wouldn't mind if Oda did a full flashback centered around all of the top marines from Roger's era *drool*.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 01:49   Link #103
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm anxious to learn about Kong. He must have been quite a major player back during Roger's era. And Z probably fought alongside Garp and Sengoku at times. All in all, this should be an interesting volume.
I don't get why Kong told Garp and Sengoku to retire when he's just as old as them. Dragon who is probably in his prime years is going after the WG. Somebody that old wouldn't last against him.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 11:40   Link #104
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
I don't get why Kong told Garp and Sengoku to retire when he's just as old as them. Dragon who is probably in his prime years is going after the WG. Somebody that old wouldn't last against him.
Garp and Sengoku chose to step down; Kong never told them to retire. He even tried to stop Garp from doing so, but that was to no avail.

We know next to nothing about Kong and how age has affected him. However, we've seen that the old guys are still very much at the top of the food chain. So if you're implying Dragon would defeat Kong due to age difference, that's not necessarily true.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 19:14   Link #105
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
I was going to say the same thing and I decided not to when I realized who..


But if Z is a admiral from the Roger Era than we now knows 2 of the 3 admiral of that time, provided that Oda made the character canon similar to Shiki was.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 20:45   Link #106
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah, I'd LOVE to know more about the admiral trio from Roger's era. So far, we only know that Sengoku was one of them at the time, but we don't know who the others were. If Z was one of them, then that's cool. Still, that would only leave just one more mystery person......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 21:40   Link #107
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Garp and Sengoku chose to step down; Kong never told them to retire. He even tried to stop Garp from doing so, but that was to no avail.

We know next to nothing about Kong and how age has affected him. However, we've seen that the old guys are still very much at the top of the food chain. So if you're implying Dragon would defeat Kong due to age difference, that's not necessarily true.
Age does matter in OP. When Squardo stabbed WB Marco commented that if he was younger he would react to it. WB in his prime would last longer in Marineford and his attacks would be stronger. If Kong gets hurt by Dragon he's gonna feel it but if Dragon gets attacked it won't bother him as much because he's not as old.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 02:29   Link #108
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I'd LOVE to know more about the admiral trio from Roger's era. So far, we only know that Sengoku was one of them at the time, but we don't know who the others were. If Z was one of them, then that's cool. Still, that would only leave just one more mystery person......
though it could be vary possible that Sengoku and Z were the only admiral during that time.

Considering that Garp was said to turned down the promotion multiple times which would mean there is at least an open spot for extended time.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 10:39   Link #109
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Age does matter in OP. When Squardo stabbed WB Marco commented that if he was younger he would react to it. WB in his prime would last longer in Marineford and his attacks would be stronger. If Kong gets hurt by Dragon he's gonna feel it but if Dragon gets attacked it won't bother him as much because he's not as old.
That was more attributed to WB's health than his age. His health had been declining for quite some time because he was sick. Obviously Prime WB would have performed better at Marineford; there's no question about that. As for the Dragon vs. Kong stuff, you don't know that.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:39   Link #110
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That was more attributed to WB's health than his age. His health had been declining for quite some time because he was sick. Obviously Prime WB would have performed better at Marineford; there's no question about that. As for the Dragon vs. Kong stuff, you don't know that.
Still doesn't change he the fact that he was out of his prime while being "sick". He was able to damage Akainu despite being old, if he took the care he probably would last longer. Kong who is out of his prime isn't going to take on Dragon easily who is arguably in his prime. Same thing happens to Kong when he gets major damage, same effects that happened to WB. You can't soak as much damage when you're out of your prime (Kong).
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:46   Link #111
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Still doesn't change he the fact that he was out of his prime while being "sick". He was able to damage Akainu despite being old, if he took the care he probably would last longer. Kong who is out of his prime isn't going to take on Dragon easily who is arguably in his prime. Same thing happens to Kong when he gets major damage, same effects that happened to WB. You can't soak as much damage when you're out of your prime (Kong).
It all depends on what kind of fighter Kong is, which we have absolutely no information about. Perhaps exceptional defense is his forte? Again, we can only speculate; there's nothing factual to discuss regarding that. Of course Kong isn't going to have an easy time fighting Dragon, hypothetically speaking. Any battle between two top-tier fighters will be difficult for both of them, to say the least. WB, despite his old age and sickness, still has displayed the highest damage soak in the series yet, so that should make you rethink your notion that age is indicative of one's durability.

Also, here's a promotional clip for you guys to enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPnMtkeZsb8

Looks like Z and Kizaru duke it out in this movie. Awesome.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 12:38   Link #112
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It all depends on what kind of fighter Kong is, which we have absolutely no information about. Perhaps exceptional defense is his forte? Again, we can only speculate; there's nothing factual to discuss regarding that. Of course Kong isn't going to have an easy time fighting Dragon, hypothetically speaking. Any battle between two top-tier fighters will be difficult for both of them, to say the least. WB, despite his old age and sickness, still has displayed the highest damage soak in the series yet, so that should make you rethink your notion that age is indicative of one's durability.

Also, here's a promotional clip for you guys to enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPnMtkeZsb8

Looks like Z and Kizaru duke it out in this movie. Awesome.
WB took a lot but it showed that it slowed him down that's why being out of your prime isn't going to help you against a younger person who is also a top tier.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 13:28   Link #113
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
WB took a lot but it showed that it slowed him down that's why being out of your prime isn't going to help you against a younger person who is also a top tier.
I agree. But age difference alone doesn't guarantee victory. That's all I'm saying.

-----

After seeing Z and Kizaru duking it out in that promotional ad, one has to wonder what kind of asspull this movie will use to make Luffy beat Z.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 14:41   Link #114
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thought I'd make a separate post for this altogether. Here's some detailed info about this new film. These are big spoilers, so for those that want to wait until they actually watch the film, I suggest you don't read what's to come ahead. Credit goes to AP forums for the info.

Spoiler for General Plot Information:


Spoiler for More Details About Z:


Seeing as how there's no chapter this coming week, this discussion should tide us over nicely in the meantime.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 14:51   Link #115
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Did I just read that Z wants to restore his youth? Lol....
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 14:52   Link #116
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Did I just read that Z wants to restore his youth? Lol....
Yeah, I'm intrigued as to what that's all about. What do you think about the rest of the stuff?
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 15:02   Link #117
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Yeah, I'm intrigued as to what that's all about. What do you think about the rest of the stuff?
It seems like Z was a mentor to the Admirals or a role model to them like Garp/Sengoku were during Rogers age. I'm quite shocked we get to see Aokiji at a hot spring out of all places. If his role is only to be in the hot springs.. come on now there's better things he can do in the movie . The pirate who cut Zs arm off is Doflamingo. The 3 Islands that would end the age.. don't believe that. Akainu has the Magma DF I don't see how magma can end everything.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 15:20   Link #118
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
It seems like Z was a mentor to the Admirals or a role model to them like Garp/Sengoku were during Rogers age. I'm quite shocked we get to see Aokiji at a hot spring out of all places. If his role is only to be in the hot springs.. come on now there's better things he can do in the movie . The pirate who cut Zs arm off is Doflamingo. The 3 Islands that would end the age.. don't believe that. Akainu has the Magma DF I don't see how magma can end everything.
Z was the mentor of Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu, indeed. The shichibukai in question that cut Z's arm off is most likely Doflamingo, which really hypes up Doflamingo as being incredibly powerful. However, I don't think Doflamingo won that fight because if he did he probably would have just killed Z, which he clearly didn't do. I'm thinking that what may have happened was Doflamingo lost to Z, but victory came at a price in that Z lost many of his men and an arm. As a result, Doflamingo later got locked up in Impel Down. However, after the WG heard about Doflamingo's exceptional power (he did cut off an admiral's arm, after all), they decide to pardon his crimes and invite him into the shichibukai. This would explain Doflamingo's 340 million bounty and why he asked Croc about how the "blood bath" was during his confinement. Naturally, Z was disgusted in the WG for letting such a terrible pirate into the shichibukai, hence him leaving the marines of his own volition (he didn't want to associate himself with such pirate scum and corruption from the WG).

There's only so much control/manipulation Akainu has over magma. So if those 3 islands were to be destroyed, there probably wouldn't be much he could do. After all, the dyna stone (which Z possesses in this film) is said to have power comparable to the ancient weapons. The ancient weapons have unprecedented power in the world of One Piece, which is why they're so dangerous and sought after.

Spoiler for More spoiler info:
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 16:03   Link #119
Kona
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Z was the mentor of Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu, indeed. The shichibukai in question that cut Z's arm off is most likely Doflamingo, which really hypes up Doflamingo as being incredibly powerful. However, I don't think Doflamingo won that fight because if he did he probably would have just killed Z, which he clearly didn't do. I'm thinking that what may have happened was Doflamingo lost to Z, but victory came at a price in that Z lost many of his men and an arm. As a result, Doflamingo later got locked up in Impel Down. However, after the WG heard about Doflamingo's exceptional power (he did cut off an admiral's arm, after all), they decide to pardon his crimes and invite him into the shichibukai. This would explain Doflamingo's 340 million bounty and why he asked Croc about how the "blood bath" was during his confinement. Naturally, Z was disgusted in the WG for letting such a terrible pirate into the shichibukai, hence him leaving the marines of his own volition (he didn't want to associate himself with such pirate scum and corruption from the WG).

There's only so much control/manipulation Akainu has over magma. So if those 3 islands were to be destroyed, there probably wouldn't be much he could do. After all, the dyna stone (which Z possesses in this film) is said to have power comparable to the ancient weapons. The ancient weapons have unprecedented power in the world of One Piece, which is why they're so dangerous and sought after.

Spoiler for More spoiler info:
I don't see how a stone can cause so many problems, Shirahosi is not stronger than Luffy and never will be. Sengoku fights? He's too old to make a difference.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 16:14   Link #120
grey_1960
Baby 5
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I'd LOVE to know more about the admiral trio from Roger's era. So far, we only know that Sengoku was one of them at the time, but we don't know who the others were. If Z was one of them, then that's cool. Still, that would only leave just one more mystery person......
Trio of the Past
I won't be surprised if Garp was the mystery person. He may have turned down the title but he still fought with the top.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.