AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-11, 00:24   Link #41
Byakou
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I dare you to say that after watching CBS' Elementary. .
It's actually pretty decent. I almost dropped it after ep 1 but I decided to keep going and it paid off. It's definitively not as good as sherlock but it's still a solid 7/10 show that will you keep you entertained enough.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 08:27   Link #42
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Awesome series. Pays respects to the original stories but tries new things without ruining the content.

Heard the recent news that S3 was going to be delayed six months, that's a shame. They left it on such a strong note too.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 21:14   Link #43
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gallifrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Awesome series. Pays respects to the original stories but tries new things without ruining the content.

Heard the recent news that S3 was going to be delayed six months, that's a shame. They left it on such a strong note too.
They started filming on March~
__________________
canít wait till we stop assigning gender to clothing and everyone starts wearing mage robes instead to increase their magicka
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 21:45   Link #44
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Now, if David Tennant had a role too, that would be groundbreaking. Two of my favourite British actors together; Benedict Cumberbatch and David Tennant.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 22:10   Link #45
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gallifrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Now, if David Tennant had a role too, that would be groundbreaking. Two of my favourite British actors together; Benedict Cumberbatch and David Tennant.
At least David Tennant is coming on Doctor Who for an EP
__________________
canít wait till we stop assigning gender to clothing and everyone starts wearing mage robes instead to increase their magicka
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 22:25   Link #46
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Yeah, the reunion between Tennant and Billie Piper is something I have been waiting for. Meanwhile, I will just satisfy myself by watching Broadchurch....
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:07   Link #47
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gallifrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Yeah, the reunion between Tennant and Billie Piper is something I have been waiting for. Meanwhile, I will just satisfy myself by watching Broadchurch....

IT"S SOMETHING I"VE BEEN WISHING FOR!! However, is Broadchurch good? I've seen many gifsets on my dashboard (tumblr) and I have not had a chance to watch it. I know Rory is on it...
__________________
canít wait till we stop assigning gender to clothing and everyone starts wearing mage robes instead to increase their magicka
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:23   Link #48
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
IT"S SOMETHING I"VE BEEN WISHING FOR!! However, is Broadchurch good? I've seen many gifsets on my dashboard (tumblr) and I have not had a chance to watch it. I know Rory is on it...
Definitely worth watching. I know some people grumble because they feel that the writer is dragging out the story, but I think it is important for the viewers to explore each character carefully and to mislead us with the use of red herrings. The acting is superb (it goes without saying that Tennant is fantastic as the detective), I could feel the intensity of their acting in each episode, even from the younger actors! Too bad there is only one episode left, but I can't wait to know who the killer is. I have my own theories, but I have always sucked when it comes to guessing killers. Never did well with Agatha Christie and Holmes.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:30   Link #49
TheDoctor
Timelord Victorious
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gallifrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Definitely worth watching. I know some people grumble because they feel that the writer is dragging out the story, but I think it is important for the viewers to explore each character carefully and to mislead us with the use of red herrings. The acting is superb (it goes without saying that Tennant is fantastic as the detective), I could feel the intensity of their acting in each episode, even from the younger actors! Too bad there is only one episode left, but I can't wait to know who the killer is. I have my own theories, but I have always sucked when it comes to guessing killers. Never did well with Agatha Christie and Holmes.
Did..you..say..Tennant...the detective...????///??///////? Well, I guess there's another series I'm going to be watching. I've seen a few other actings of his with my brilliant Catherine Tate.
__________________
canít wait till we stop assigning gender to clothing and everyone starts wearing mage robes instead to increase their magicka
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:37   Link #50
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Did..you..say..Tennant...the detective...????///??///////? Well, I guess there's another series I'm going to be watching. I've seen a few other actings of his with my brilliant Catherine Tate.
They definitely have chemistry with each other. I watched them in Much Ado About Nothing and in Dr Who as well. There was this special episode of Tennant and Tate as Lauren Cooper in the classroom. It's so funny I have watched a number of times, each time laughing like a maniac.



Anyway, I fear we may be talking out of context (it seems like we are fangirling about Tennant here), so here's one of my favourite videos on Sherlock. I lost it when Moriarty's phone rings and out comes Bieber's music!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 08:28   Link #51
walkofshane
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Awesome series. Pays respects to the original stories but tries new things without ruining the content.

Heard the recent news that S3 was going to be delayed six months, that's a shame. They left it on such a strong note too.
I thought it was brilliant too. I re-read the books after I finished season 2 for a bit of comparison and contrast.
They have a pretty solid cast (except for the girl who played Kitty Riley -- I didn't like her very much)

Have you seen the unaired pilot too? It was a good thing they decided to redo episode 1. It was more fast paced, the characters more livelier and the music was generally better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Now, if David Tennant had a role too, that would be groundbreaking. Two of my favourite British actors together; Benedict Cumberbatch and David Tennant.
I read somewhere that David Tennant was considered for the role of Sherlock. Although I am not sure what happened. Maybe it was because of Doctor Who?
walkofshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 10:02   Link #52
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
watched both seasons of it, and it just blew my mind, it was just so awesome, any idea as to when the third season might come out
__________________
mystogan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 13:03   Link #53
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Finally read the 7th and last chapter of the Sherlock - A Study in Pink Manga.

I love it. Great mystery, the characters and the comedy.

I hope they'll do another manga on another episode and possibly release the manga in English.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 14:24   Link #54
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
This is by far the best rendition of Sherlock Holmes! Extremely well written and acted. And it also has excellent production quality. The best show I've seen on TV in a long time!

Benedict Cumberbatch is an actor to keep an eye on in the coming years. He going to hit it big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
any idea as to when the third season might come out
We don't have a date yet.. But I think it'll air in December or early 2014.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 13:04   Link #55
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post


We don't have a date yet.. But I think it'll air in December or early 2014.
it's really not fair they take entire year to make it we get only 3 episodes, okay the episodes are 1 hour but still they should produce more, it's so damn good that you keep wanting to see more
__________________
mystogan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 12:19   Link #56
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkofshane View Post
I thought it was brilliant too. I re-read the books after I finished season 2 for a bit of comparison and contrast.
They have a pretty solid cast (except for the girl who played Kitty Riley -- I didn't like her very much)

Have you seen the unaired pilot too? It was a good thing they decided to redo episode 1. It was more fast paced, the characters more livelier and the music was generally better.
I did see the unaired pilot, but it was actually after the first episode, just so I could see what was different.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 12:55   Link #57
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
This is by far the best rendition of Sherlock Holmes! Extremely well written and acted. And it also has excellent production quality. The best show I've seen on TV in a long time!

Benedict Cumberbatch is an actor to keep an eye on in the coming years. He going to hit it big!
Although I also love this version (mainly for Benedict and Martin's performances) the old Jeremy Brett version is really great too, especially if you want a more classic take on the Holmes stories.

And although I haven't seen it myself I also heard great things about the Russian version of Holmes. In fact even the Queen endorsed that version.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 08:16   Link #58
walkofshane
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I loved the Jeremy Brett version too but I am very biased toward Benedict now

When I get the chance to visit London, I am really going to lie down in front of St Bart's for a picture. XD
walkofshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 18:32   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 06:33   Link #60
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
There's just one word to describe the teaser;sexy. Oh Sherlock, how I have missed you.

One thing that worries me is that I am no longer in the UK, which means access to BBC dramas will be quite troublesome given that I could no longer watch them on tv or iPlayer. Oh well, I will just have to resort to other methods.
__________________
A politically ignorant person who embraces only hedonism as the main philosophical doctrine.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.