AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-11, 01:47   Link #1161
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I'm so glad Cancer is able to use the Meikai Ha.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 10:04   Link #1162
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
I'm hoping to see some Galaxian Explosion next week. As well as some /ss/.

I was disappointed with the conclusion to Kouga's fight, or rather the lack of it. Harbinger just decides to let him go so he can fight him again after he becomes even stronger... meh. In the end, Kouga didn't even manage to scratch him.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 10:18   Link #1163
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm hoping to see some Galaxian Explosion next week. As well as some /ss/.

I was disappointed with the conclusion to Kouga's fight, or rather the lack of it. Harbinger just decides to let him go so he can fight him again after he becomes even stronger... meh. In the end, Kouga didn't even manage to scratch him.
My impression of Kouga is that he's in as bad a shape as Eden is mentally, with the only difference being how they're expressing their emotional grief.

Despite his continuous 'ORE NO COSMO' and his fortitude ( when Seiya did it, it was always a good thing), I don't think they're portraying it as an entirely good thing for Kouga at this point of time.

I don't think Kouga will actually beat a Gold Saint until Eden and himself slap each other silly.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 10:35   Link #1164
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
I’m sorry for being negative, but I think the fight between (Pegasus) Seiya x (Taurus) Aldebaran in the past is a lot better than what we have here. Not to mention that the animation in the original series is a lot better too imo. The animation for Harbinger’s Horn techniques is just too simple (almost early-Pokemon level). What happened with exciting fights like what we had during the Silver Saint/Elemental Temples arc?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 10:42   Link #1165
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The old Taurus fight was 90% Aldebaran just standing still and launching Great Horn.

At least there was a lot more dynamism with Harbinger's fight, with the Bronzes and Kouga's personal fight.

And Gold Saints? Exciting fights?

Until Kouga and co. awakens 7th Sense properly, the Gold Saint fights will definitely be :

90% curbstomp
9% trashtalk
1% seventh sense
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 10:52   Link #1166
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
But in the fight, I feel the intensity to it which also helped by the more “edgy” animation (no Pokemon effects) and bgm. Here, I don’t feel it at all even though the Taurus Saint is more "active" this time. I find the previous fights with Crow, Hound, and Cerberus better than this. Well, like I said in my previous post, it’s a personal opinion. (Don’t even get me started on how I feel seeing “good” Paradox beaten down with a single boosted Rozan-Shoryu-Ha ).
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:19   Link #1167
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not to mention that the animation in the original series is a lot better too imo.
Now there's some serious nostalgia glasses. The original series barely had animation for the fights.
Even Shingo Araki, an outstanding artist, wasn't a great key animator. Umakoshi, on the other hand, delivers both in art AND animation skills.

And yeah, the Harbinger fight was way way more dynamic than Aldebaran's. Of course other aspects are subjective, but animation-wise it shouldn't even be compared.
Btw, for most of the Silver Saints/ruins arc i thought the animation was just ok. It got a lot better since episode 20 or so. The Gold Saints arc just wouldn't work if they kept doing it the same way. The attacks and techniques have more "punch" now. Greatest Horn, for instance, is done by a special key animator, like the main characters' main moves, and it seems all the Gold ones are getting this treatment.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:36   Link #1168
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Now there's some serious nostalgia glasses. The original series barely had animation for the fights.
Even Shingo Araki, an outstanding artist, wasn't a great key animator. Umakoshi, on the other hand, delivers both in art AND animation skills.

And yeah, the Harbinger fight was way way more dynamic than Aldebaran's. Of course other aspects are subjective, but animation-wise it shouldn't even be compared.
Maybe I shouldn't say it as "animation" but more as an "overall presentation" which, again, I think the original delivers better than this.

I also don't understand how the fights with the Silvers like Crow, Hound, & Cerberus is just "ok" compared to this. The Silvers techniques are a lot more exciting to watch than Harbinger's Greatest Horn (which is only a pillar of light that gets bigger and bigger), that's for sure.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:38   Link #1169
7Th
Mixtape
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 25
Episode 34 should actually have interesting action scenes; the storyboarder usually does exciting and dynamic battles filled with movement. I just wonder if it will feature his trademark airborne combat... it does feature Yuna, I guess.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 12:03   Link #1170
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Episode 34 should actually have interesting action scenes; the storyboarder usually does exciting and dynamic battles filled with movement. I just wonder if it will feature his trademark airborne combat... it does feature Yuna, I guess.
I hope they do it. We've already seen Yuna flying anyway.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 12:10   Link #1171
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Quote:
Don’t even get me started on how I feel seeing “good” Paradox beaten down with a single boosted Rozan-Shoryu-Ha
Which didn't do anything but knock her over and give her a little scratch. It wouldn't have happened in the first place if she hadn't been toying around with him
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 12:53   Link #1172
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Which didn't do anything but knock her over and give her a little scratch. It wouldn't have happened in the first place if she hadn't been toying around with him
How about the unconscious part until her "evil" other self took over?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 14:02   Link #1173
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
I thought that was just her other half taking control once she was distracted.

There's still a whole episode of her after all.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 14:13   Link #1174
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I thought that was just her other half taking control once she was distracted.
Well, that's your opinion. I still think that "good" Paradox passed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
There's still a whole episode of her after all.
I agree. Which is why I originally didn't want to talk about this in the first place, until you quoted me .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 17:08   Link #1175
Cachalo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Don’t even get me started on how I feel seeing “good” Paradox beaten down with a single boosted Rozan-Shoryu-Ha ).
I wouldn't because of the bolded.

There comes a point where if the situation goes from "go flying from a kiss" to "knock down the enemy" you have to acknowledge something made a massive difference (the whole point of the Crossroad Mirage sequence).

One of my personal golden Saint Seiya rules is: protagonists follow their own rules, don't look too much into them.

Quote:
I still think that "good" Paradox passed out.
Seiya knocked Saga down for long enough that it also looked like he had to have been unconscious, a couple times.

Ryuho is the son of a legendary Saint who was supposed to be the "strongest fist" for also being Dragon, and Ryuho was also said to be naturally strong since Palaestra if I recall correctly. The synopsis I've seen for next episode says she starts a cycle of torture against Kouga to goad Ryuho, Shiryu himself talks to him (anyone could expect this to motivate Ryuho extraordinarily since Shiryu's state is the whole reason Ryuho became a Saint) and fans so far reasonably expect Ryuho's breakthrough fights in the Sanctuary will end up being against... Gemini and Libra.

Being pushed to extraordinary lengths by extraordinary circumstances is part of what makes Saint Seiya what it is and I've liked the Gold Saint antagonism so far.
Cachalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 18:13   Link #1176
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachalo View Post
I wouldn't because of the bolded.
Thanx for that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachalo View Post
One of my personal golden Saint Seiya rules is: protagonists follow their own rules, don't look too much into them.
If that's your "personal rules", I also have mine. What's wrong with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachalo View Post
Seiya knocked Saga down for long enough that it also looked like he had to have been unconscious, a couple times.
And your point is...what? I never compared the two and never said which is better.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 18:39   Link #1177
Cachalo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Thanx for that .

If that's your "personal rules", I also have mine. What's wrong with that?
Nothing.

Those are just my reasons for disagreeing.

Quote:
And your point is...what?
That this is basically more of the same, par for the course, nothing to write home about, you name it.
Cachalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 19:00   Link #1178
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachalo View Post
That this is basically more of the same, par for the course, nothing to write home about, you name it.
I’m just expressing my personal opinion. I decide what to write home about a show that I watch. And I do have some problems with the original series too, just so you know. Of course, that didn't stop me from enjoying the show for what it is.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 19:33   Link #1179
Cachalo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I’m just expressing my personal opinion. I decide what to write home about a show that I watch.
And I expressed mine along with my reasons for sticking to it. Nothing else to it.

Quote:
And I do have some problems with the original series too, just so you know. Of course, that didn't stop me from enjoying the show for what it is.
Good to know, but just to be sure, I wasn't finding faults in the old series there, or at least not anything that would especially be a fault.
Cachalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 19:40   Link #1180
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachalo View Post
Good to know, but just to be sure, I wasn't finding faults in the old series there, or at least not anything that would especially be a fault.
Good for you.

As for me, I always notice some lack of logic as well as some plot holes in the overall franchise but you kinda have to ignore them to enjoy them, which I do, else I wouldn’t even be here.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.