AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-12, 12:06   Link #2601
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
New costume designs.

Spoiler for large pic:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 22:47   Link #2602
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Maybe this is the reason why Mayuyu has a rocket launching arm in the anime.

Spoiler for Mayuyu's arm to be chopped off as punishment:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 00:37   Link #2603
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
ROFLMAO! Mayuyu's acting like Emirin being nipped by those little fishies. Interestingly, Acchan made a straight face in a moment after the guillotine went down.

And speaking of home videos, we have Nagisa singing in the shower. More precisely, Karen singing Hashire Penguin, not knowing her mom hijacked her phone, took the video and then played around with her G+ account.

As for the new Ebata-designed uniforms, they strongly remind me of Sheryl again.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 11:44   Link #2604
jetblack1979
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chaosprophet, when you'll have vol. 4 Blu-Ray of AKB0048, will you please tell us the home planet of Mimori, plus the home planets, birthdays, ages and heights of Sae and Takamina ? Thank you.
jetblack1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 12:55   Link #2605
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblack1979 View Post
Chaosprophet, when you'll have vol. 4 Blu-Ray of AKB0048, will you please tell us the home planet of Mimori, plus the home planets, birthdays, ages and heights of Sae and Takamina ? Thank you.
Yes, I'm planning to do so. But my copy of vol 4 is taking awfully long to arrive. Also when I get vol 4th I will try to get them all scanned (if I get all 4 together I can get a discount for the number of pages when scanning).

EDIT: Orz, my bad. I didn't remember Mimori was on vol 3 and somehow I forgot to post her planet when I made my post. Her home planet is 舞網星 - マイアミスター (Maiamistar).
__________________

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2012-11-16 at 18:31.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 13:33   Link #2606
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Maimistar, aka a play on Miami? God, Mimori grew up very privileged, such a surprise a girl like her is so humble and kind even though she could easily left Kanata coughing in the dust.

Also, likes, dislikes and weaknesses of Mimori if possible.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 21:07   Link #2607
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Maimistar, aka a play on Miami? God, Mimori grew up very privileged, such a surprise a girl like her is so humble and kind even though she could easily left Kanata coughing in the dust.
It may indeed be a play on it, as the Japanese "maiami" sounds basically the same as Miami in English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Also, likes, dislikes and weaknesses of Mimori if possible.
Well, giving it a try (in italic comments by me):
Food she likes: Cherries not prepared in the Japanese way, センマイ刺し (omasum slices?), ramen.
Food she dislikes: While she would say "None~", on reality she hates natto (she doesn't really hide it).
Excels at: Japanese Calligraphy 3-dan (a very high level which seems to means she has advanced teaching license for itO.o), sewing, decoration.
Likes: To sing, "touring" ramen restaurants.
Dislikes: Ramen restaurants designed to be gloomy (おしゃれっぽく薄暗く演出されたラーメン屋 if anyone want to give a better trans).
Treasures: The clothes she received from her mother.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:08   Link #2608
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
I just tore through this in a rage this saturday... and I'm completely flabbergasted as to how I could miss such a great anime.

The ending was absolutely epic, I even teared a bit when the OP song came in during the understudy's concert.

If you ask me, Chieri is getting Center Nova, Nagisa doesn't have that... air around her, despite being a great idol and stuff.

I loved this, all the songs are great, and mechas to boot...

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:15   Link #2609
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Welcome aboard. Probably one of this year's truly underrated shows, and also perhaps the most straightforward Okada-penned storytelling since Toradora.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 13:02   Link #2610
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
It may indeed be a play on it, as the Japanese "maiami" sounds basically the same as Miami in English.


Well, giving it a try (in italic comments by me):
Food she likes: Cherries not prepared in the Japanese way, センマイ刺し (omasum slices?), ramen.
Food she dislikes: While she would say "None~", on reality she hates natto (she doesn't really hide it).
Excels at: Japanese Calligraphy 3-dan (a very high level which seems to means she has advanced teaching license for itO.o), sewing, decoration.
Likes: To sing, "touring" ramen restaurants.
Dislikes: Ramen restaurants designed to be gloomy (おしゃれっぽく薄暗く演出されたラーメン屋 if anyone want to give a better trans).
Treasures: The clothes she received from her mother.
Sweet, maybe you can do Nyan Nyan as well if you can.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 14:37   Link #2611
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Looking around there is a few inconsistencies between the mangas and anime. I wonder if it means the AKB0048 mangas are supposed to be spin-offs you shouldn't really consider for the main storyline or just some lack of communication between the manga writers and the anime staff that let some things pass.

For instance in the Heart Gata manga Tsubasa already became a manager even thought Acchan have yet to disappear. In Episode 0, which happens 7 years before the anime Sae the 10th appears even though the anime told us she only joined AKB0048 around one year before the anime, around 6 years after the events in EP0. In the Gaiden manga (10 years prior to the anime) Yui-han the 6th and Mii-chan the 6th are both members of 00 even though the anime said Yui the 6th was a center before Miichan the 5th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Sweet, maybe you can do Nyan Nyan as well if you can.
Sorry but just to do that few lines for Mimori took me a couple of hours. That level is really beyond me.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 15:13   Link #2612
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
^ Yeah, another inconstancy is that Furea is supposed to be center nova in the episode 0 manga but her portrait is not amount the other center novae at the girls' dormitory.

I think the manga are not canon, or from a separate canon than the anime.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 16:57   Link #2613
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ Yeah, another inconstancy is that Furea is supposed to be center nova in the episode 0 manga but her portrait is not amount the other center novae at the girls' dormitory.

I think the manga are not canon, or from a separate canon than the anime.
There is also how on Episode 0 they comment about having team A, B and K besides the top Senbatsu class. While in the anime glossary says there is basically just one team because of the lack of successors (but then this part could be explained that 7 years ago AKB00 was in a better situation and had a higher number of idols).

Also the way Episode 0 puts it, it kinda seems like on it only Maeda Atsuko successors are centers, which we know isn't true on anime.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 17:05   Link #2614
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Looking around there is a few inconsistencies between the mangas and anime. I wonder if it means the AKB0048 mangas are supposed to be spin-offs you shouldn't really consider for the main storyline or just some lack of communication between the manga writers and the anime staff that let some things pass.

For instance in the Heart Gata manga Tsubasa already became a manager even thought Acchan have yet to disappear. In Episode 0, which happens 7 years before the anime Sae the 10th appears even though the anime told us she only joined AKB0048 around one year before the anime, around 6 years after the events in EP0. In the Gaiden manga (10 years prior to the anime) Yui-han the 6th and Mii-chan the 6th are both members of 00 even though the anime said Yui the 6th was a center before Miichan the 5th.


Sorry but just to do that few lines for Mimori took me a couple of hours. That level is really beyond me.
Well give me the scan of Nyan Nyan, I could probably do a rough translation of her interests.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 19:17   Link #2615
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Nagisa and Chieri figurines by Tamashii Nations.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 19:54   Link #2616
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
OMG THAT CHIERI.

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 20:02   Link #2617
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
OMG THAT CHIERI.
There's larger picture of that Chieri figure in this post if you're interested. It's the prototype so it's bit unfinished though.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 20:54   Link #2618
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Just rewatched the last episode of the first season. Such a great episode where many of the girls were able to shine! I'm getting really pumped up for second season... a pity there is still one month and a half before it starts airing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Well give me the scan of Nyan Nyan, I could probably do a rough translation of her interests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Yes, I'm planning to do so. But my copy of vol 4 is taking awfully long to arrive. Also when I get vol 4th I will try to get them all scanned (if I get all 4 together I can get a discount for the number of pages when scanning).
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 21:13   Link #2619
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Only one month? God I'm glad I only just finished watching this.

And I agree, I've been rewatching the last episode for it's absolute epicness. Part B is just off the charts with glow.

And doing the OP again, just threw me into tears and shivers. I didn't think that idol stuff was for me but this was just extremely well done.

I keep saying I'm glad I picked this up.

Bring on season 2!

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 00:18   Link #2620
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Just rewatched the last episode of the first season. Such a great episode where many of the girls were able to shine! I'm getting really pumped up for second season... a pity there is still one month and a half before it starts airing.
I forgot that, sorry about that. But yeah second season I am anticipating to solve Chieri's personal issues.

Spoiler for More Trouble for the Rabbit Hole:
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.