AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-13, 14:25   Link #5101
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
It is because myth change overtime that she is Athena as of today. The name of Athena is really famous. Originally she is Medusa and Mettis and because of myth change they put them together and become Athena.
Except for the fact that she is still associated with them in that she has their powers. Therefore she is "Athena" and also "Medusa" and "Metis" .. my point is that if due to myths changing the god would be a different god altogether, why does she still have those attributes and powers? Anyways, I don't expect anyone other than the author will be able to answer this question

Reply hazy, try again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 14:32   Link #5102
erdii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Turkey
last update showed Campiones are self centered people. they don't see their flaws. Godou doesn't know his real nature. Alec completely denies he is a thief while he took something from another person without permission.

no matter how you look if a person came to your house and took your mobile phone when you are not there and he left a note "ı am borrowing this" and not returning that person would be thief.

well Alec rationality doesn't work on him just like Godou's pacifism
__________________
erdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 15:11   Link #5103
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
How a campione, other than Godou, sees other campioni (should be the plural of campione?) is pretty interesting, I wonder what he thought of the others, if he met them.
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 17:30   Link #5104
zzhk
Summary Machine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So I was just thinking about how they were talking about how "if myths change, the god that will emerge from that myth will change as well" .. seems inconsistent with how they presented Athena. No one associates Athena with a goddess of death/harvest/snakes anymore, and her myths are all related to wisdom and warfare .. shouldn't she have emerged as a different heretic god? Her "myth" changed over time, so why did she emerge with those other attributes still?

I feel like the author is retconning how the "system" works to suit his plot desires

Reply hazy, try again later
Volume 1 Chapter 4 Part 3:
Quote:
In the end, it was him who stole the [Serpent]. The last time she had met a Campione was such a long time in the past; it was probably hundreds, no, thousands of years ago.
Heretic Athena did not manifest recently but thousands of years ago.
__________________
Light Novel Translations
Campione! - Volume 17 (100%)
C3 - Cube x Cursed x Curious
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 07:37   Link #5105
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
nice update....is it me or the way "berserk" godou act is like a combination of god of war (verethgrana) and his grandpa...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 08:26   Link #5106
kokolores
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I know Godou can't always be like that, because then the story would be over too quickly, but I hope the author wrote it as a preview of how he intends Godou to be in the end. If Godou slowly became more and more like this uninhibited version of him it would be awesome.
kokolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 09:16   Link #5107
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Godou super playboy version+ wargod ability
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 09:34   Link #5108
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I can see Erica threatening Lancelot with certain death--Unless she teach her how to cast the insanity spell
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 09:42   Link #5109
erdii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Turkey
really interesting update we get to see Godou's potential in being playboy. with that ability there is no woman that can face him. Rather than his Campione abilities , his abilities he inherited from his genes from Kusanagi family is more fearsome
__________________
erdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:12   Link #5110
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Yep, the unleashed Godou is certainly fearsome, he's already got Guinevere melting into a puddle for him.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:17   Link #5111
Sekiryuutei
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: I'll tell ya when I figured it out
Random question :
On vol 10 ch 5 by "iyaah!" are they screaming in delight or in displeasure..?
Sekiryuutei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:17   Link #5112
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
All the girls have to do is get into one room (magically lock it first) then have Erica pin Godou to the wall and muah-cast insanity spell.

Vola! Instant 4 half-Campione/half Miko babies.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:34   Link #5113
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Even Lancelot could be converted if godou wish it so...remember the wise word

" the line between love and hate is as thin as paper" he already half-converted Athena before...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:47   Link #5114
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekiryuutei View Post
Random question :
On vol 10 ch 5 by "iyaah!" are they screaming in delight or in displeasure..?
I'd say it's the "excited fangirl squeal" they're basically seeing what they consider a hot guy and a hot girl having an intimate moment in public, so yeah excited squees are abounding.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:09   Link #5115
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Volume 1 Chapter 4 Part 3:

Heretic Athena did not manifest recently but thousands of years ago.
Yeah, I'm not sure that's what that statement is meant to indicate. If she had manifested thousands of years ago, there was no reason for her not to have already retrieved or been searching for the Gorgoneion.

I think that statement was intended to indicate that was the last time she had manifested. Additionally, if what you say is true, then the current Athena would never manifest again, and the future one would be different. I don't think the author hinted at that at all.. Otherwise it would have been a much more tearful parting..

Outlook remains uncertain

Last edited by willx; 2012-11-14 at 11:27.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:12   Link #5116
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
If he's already acting like that under Lancelot's [Insane Rush], how will he be when he activates [Youth] as well? Reminds me of Short Story 2, him being the biggest monster the world has ever seen
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:30   Link #5117
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Even Lancelot could be converted if godou wish it so...remember the wise word

" the line between love and hate is as thin as paper" he already half-converted Athena before...
In my opinion, there should be an upper limit to the harem fest. 3-4 is great. 5 is ok, 6+ is damn pushing it unless u can pull something off like Negima. Because inevitably the author will write himself into a corner and the story lose plot.

The fact this author eliminated Athena rather than tack another girl into the harem is amazing

Edit: Also, it would be nice to see a couple more male characters to bring contrast to the amount of girls surroundings Godou, just as friends who have abilities (Amatasu, Yingsha).
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:45   Link #5118
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
In my opinion, there should be an upper limit to the harem fest. 3-4 is great. 5 is ok, 6+ is damn pushing it unless u can pull something off like Negima. Because inevitably the author will write himself into a corner and the story lose plot.

The fact this author eliminated Athena rather than tack another girl into the harem is amazing

Edit: Also, it would be nice to see a couple more male characters to bring contrast to the amount of girls surroundings Godou, just as friends who have abilities (Amatasu, Yingsha).
Agree with this. It takes something special to write a story about ten plus girls and one boy. Negima pulled it off by giving each girl their own motivation and story, and even then some of them kind of got shafted.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 12:44   Link #5119
chancs
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: where magic is reality
Send a message via Skype™ to chancs
Quote:
"Children should act like children and let adults do the work. Even though I'm not really an adult, I should be more reliable than you."
Quote:
"Well, go ahead and indulge your nature as you like. That's fine too. Stubborn and obstinate girls who don't think too deeply or try to be pleasing can be quite cute too."
Playboy Goudo and his manliness and decisiveness

It will become more interesting to read if this continued
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 18:45   Link #5120
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
I have to know. Does Alex ever find out Godou was under [Insane Rush] or does this misunderstanding never get resolved?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.