AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Old 2012-11-13, 22:38   Link #1
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Characters like 'Watashi' in "Human has Declined

As name suggested, i really have trouble defining Watashi's character, and can't remember any character quite like her in everything i watched.
Old 2012-11-14, 12:28   Link #2
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

"Watashi" means "Myself", right? The characters in that show aren't named. I assume you mean the main character. A cynical and world-weary female protagonist is very rare in anime.

Have you seen Occult Academy? Pretty fun show and the heroine shows some of the same qualities there.
Old 2012-11-14, 22:27   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
A cynical and world-weary female protagonist is very rare in anime.
Yuuko in xxxHolic fits that description though since I have not seen Humanity has Declined I can't say if she fits the request. Most of the women in Claymore have had their fill of fighting youkai, too, and some have become cynical about their fate. Clare still has some idealism left, though.
Old 2012-11-15, 04:40   Link #4
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
"Watashi" means "Myself", right? The characters in that show aren't named. I assume you mean the main character. A cynical and world-weary female protagonist is very rare in anime.

Have you seen Occult Academy? Pretty fun show and the heroine shows some of the same qualities there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Yuuko in xxxHolic fits that description though since I have not seen Humanity has Declined I can't say if she fits the request. Most of the women in Claymore have had their fill of fighting youkai, too, and some have become cynical about their fate. Clare still has some idealism left, though.
I don't think the girl in Occult Academy is quite the same through. Yuuko is probably close, but she's too wise/God-like rather than down-to-earth like 'Watashi'

I missed 'Watashi' so much