AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-15, 12:09   Link #21
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
What the hell is Gravity Rush? if Gene isn't in a DLC pair, screw you playstation.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 12:36   Link #22
Vigo
too lazy to post
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
What the hell is Gravity Rush? if Gene isn't in a DLC pair, screw you playstation.
Joke right? And as awesome as Gene is Kat was one of the most requested characters.

Nice story here. The beta was nice but Polygon Man and Kat seal the deal for me. So much for this being a cheap cash grab. I will get this day one just to support Superbot and I really hope this game will sell well so that PSASBR 2 will be bigger and better.

Last edited by Vigo; 2012-11-15 at 12:56.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 14:20   Link #23
Xefi
half-empty shell
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: "messing around with me waffle..."
Age: 31
i wasnt really interested in this game before. but now that they are going to add Kat
for DLC and free at that, i'm interested in picking the game up when Kat is available.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

EDIT: ha hah. stole this picture.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
ExXefi
Wall: 1403
Sig: 727
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-

Last edited by Xefi; 2012-11-15 at 14:43.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 18:04   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Joke right? And as awesome as Gene is Kat was one of the most requested characters.

Nice story here. The beta was nice but Polygon Man and Kat seal the deal for me. So much for this being a cheap cash grab. I will get this day one just to support Superbot and I really hope this game will sell well so that PSASBR 2 will be bigger and better.
Nope no joke, and the only reason she is most requested is because not many people even know of God Hand. I Garrentee you he'd be top then.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 18:20   Link #25
Kazu
Flowing
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Between Heaven and Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Nope no joke, and the only reason she is most requested is because not many people even know of God Hand. I Garrentee you he'd be top then.
Um isn't that the point? A game putting together classic, well known playstation characters together?

Otherwise you might as well just stick any playstation game character there like Xiao from Dark cloud 1 or Dennis Riley from Extermination.

(you're awesome if you know the characters lol well in my book anyway haha)
__________________
Kazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 18:26   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I was waiting for at least a few characters in this thing that I could get behind. Kat's good enough reason to get this down the road when she is actually available.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 19:58   Link #27
Zexas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Kat definitely my favourite.
__________________
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 23:10   Link #28
Vigo
too lazy to post
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Nope no joke, and the only reason she is most requested is because not many people even know of God Hand. I Garrentee you he'd be top then.
People do know who Gene is. He was one of the most requested characters for MvC 3 afterall. It's just that he has no priority to be in Allstars over other characters. People want Dart, Alundara, Jennifer, Wander/Ico, Arc, Ellen or Keats, Logan, Yoshitsune and many others even if they are less known because they are first party and that's what SB should include.

People bitch that Big Daddy is in. People bitch that it's Dino. People bitch that it's black haired Heihachi. And even though he has his MGS 2 skin people bitch about Raiden and want Snake even though Raiden started as a PS character while Snake didn't. People bitch that they don't include enough first party chars calling it third party Allstar and yet only name third party characters.

I would love to see Gene but he does not belong here yet. As a brawler Kiryu from Yakuza has much more priority and right to be in.

Last edited by Vigo; 2012-11-15 at 23:33.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 23:37   Link #29
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Uhmm... excuse me? Please explain why Gene who has a wheel of attacks shouldn't be in this game while Kiryu does?

Next you'd say Crash doesn't belong in it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Um isn't that the point? A game putting together classic, well known playstation characters together?

Otherwise you might as well just stick any playstation game character there like Xiao from Dark cloud 1 or Dennis Riley from Extermination.

(you're awesome if you know the characters lol well in my book anyway haha)
Yet Warhawk and a new girl that is in a newly released game should?

No sense being made @_@
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 00:21   Link #30
Vigo
too lazy to post
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Uhmm... excuse me? Please explain why Gene who has a wheel of attacks shouldn't be in this game while Kiryu does?

Next you'd say Crash doesn't belong in it.
Sigh... Because Kiryu has built a legecy with Playstation that's why. He is in 6 exclusive games on Playstation, 7 if you count Kenzan, spanning over the PS 2 and 3. Yakuza is one of the last semi big third party series that remain exclusive to Sony. All 9 games are exclusive to the Playstation brand. He is the closest to being a first party character to Sony without being first party. Sega could go multi or switch whenever they want. Kiryu, like Crash and Spyro, is a character that belongs among the first into this game. Kiryu is bigger and much more well known than (sadly) Gene could ever be.

Crash belongs into this game because he was created on the PS. He was the mascot of the PS one and created by one of Sony's biggest first party studios. Problem here is that he belongs to Activision and Seth and Omar implied that the problem with him is on Activisions side. So that's that.

People do not talk about Gene beacuse he is a Playstation character. They talk about him because he is the main character of the best beat em up game ever created. He is part of Clovers (Platinums) legacy. Do not believe that God Hand would be an exclusive game to the Playstation today as it was during the time of the PS2. That's why he should not have priority over others. That he has a wheel of attacks is not relevant and should not be the reason why a character should be included or not. Gene in this game would be as strange as Big Daddy is now. While I would be happy it would be questionable for him to be in before others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yet Warhawk and a new girl that is in a newly released game should?

No sense being made @_@
Playstation Allstars is supposed to celebrate the Playstation legacy. First party first and foremost. Third party should be well known and a big part of the legacy i.e. Crash, Spyro, Snake, Kiryu, Raiden, Dante etc.

Warhawk, Warhawk remake (PS3) and Starhawk are first party and part of it. While Emmett is a strange choice and I personally don't like it and think it's a wasted slot he is at least first party and should offer interesting gameplay.

Kat is the main of an acclaimed first party game. She is among the most likeable characters Sony has ever created with an interesting power. She quickly become a fan favourite and was one among the most requested characters for Allstar enough that it even suprised Superbot. Go on every possible board and you will see that her announcemet makes people cheer more than any other character till now.

It makes absolutely sense that people want first party in a game that is supposed to celebrate Playstation. Some may be strange others are perfect. Kat is the latter, Emmett and a hypothetical Gene are the former. Why is this so hard to understand.

Do you think that R.O.B or Marth are know characters in SSB. No. Yet people want them in because they are part of Nintendo

Last edited by Vigo; 2012-11-16 at 00:47.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 00:49   Link #31
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Gene was created on the playstation, he is the MC of the best beatem up and is part of a dead companies legacy, that gives him a even better reason to be on the game.

Also, interesting power? Controlling gravity is not very interesting. imo

It's great that you get your character but I'm pissed that this is the second time they fail to put a well deserving character in one of these games.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 00:55   Link #32
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Um isn't that the point? A game putting together classic, well known playstation characters together?

Otherwise you might as well just stick any playstation game character there like Xiao from Dark cloud 1 or Dennis Riley from Extermination.

(you're awesome if you know the characters lol well in my book anyway haha)
Yeah, sure. That's totally why Capcom went with DmC Dante instead of the original Dante that's been there for four games, right?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 00:56   Link #33
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah, sure. That's totally why Capcom went with DmC Dante instead of the original Dante that's been there for four games, right?
^ Seriously, what the hell is with that? They have any idea how pissed they made people?
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 00:59   Link #34
Vigo
too lazy to post
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
He was in a single game that would not be exclusive today. He is part of Clover/Platinum and Capcom. He is not associated with Playstation. No one thinks about Playstation or Sony when the are talking about Gene. He does not deserve nor should he belong into this game more than Sonys characters.

I want him to be but maybe in the second or third installment after Superbot has included all the first and Playstation associated third party characters.

Where Gene should be right know first and foremost is in UMvC 3. This is the mind boggling thing that he is not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah, sure. That's totally why Capcom went with DmC Dante instead of the original Dante that's been there for four games, right?
That is a retarded thing that pisses of every Allstar fan. Believe me. But it's Capcom. When they said Dino or bust I don't think Superbot had any choice as to take what was given. No one wants him. When hopefully DmC bombs maybe we will get OG Dante.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 01:01   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
He was in a single game that would not be exclusive today. He is part of Clover/Platinum and Capcom. He is not associated with Playstation. No one thinks about Playstation or Sony when the are talking about Gene. He does not deserve nor should hebelong into this game more than Sonys characters.

I want him to be but maybe in the second or third installment after Superbot has included all the first and Playstation associated third party characters.

When Gene should be right know first and foremost is in UMvC 3. This is the mind boggling thing that he is not there.
Ah well, I still get to mop you and your kat with Raiden :P
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 01:09   Link #36
Vigo
too lazy to post
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ah well, I still get to mop you and your kat with Raiden :P
Ah well maybe it will be Spike. Actually my biggest wish is Dart from the Legend of Dragoon. The game sold more than a million copies. After canceling the sequel I don't know why Sony doesn't at least give us a character here.

Oh yeah about the DLC characters

+ Seth Killian on November 15th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:
Yes, happy to say both Kat and Emmett have full story modes complete with rivalry cinematically. Are they rivals? Hmmm…


Seems like Seth did not lie when he said that DLC characters will have everything the launch roster has and be free (at least in the beginning). Also the last part is interesting. The rumors say that Ryu Hayabusa will be announced but I hope that's not true.

Last edited by Vigo; 2012-11-16 at 01:34.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 01:18   Link #37
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
thats a good cast a few things i didn't about it
1. good and evil cole are 2 seperate characters
2. dmc dante and not classic dante but i do get it because classic dante's being used for marvel vs capcom
3. little to no sony exclusive jrpg characters that are well known and would work well in a game likes this n i am not talking about the final fantasy characters
and
4. parrappa the rappa ( i dont care if he's one of the joke characters and was a ps1 classic he does not make sense in a fighting game)
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 01:31   Link #38
Vigo
too lazy to post
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
thats a good cast a few things i didn't about it
1. good and evil cole are 2 seperate characters
2. dmc dante and not classic dante but i do get it because classic dante's being used for marvel vs capcom
3. little to no sony exclusive jrpg characters that are well known and would work well in a game likes this n i am not talking about the final fantasy characters
and
4. parrappa the rappa ( i dont care if he's one of the joke characters and was a ps1 classic he does not make sense in a fighting game)
1. Just stupid and the epitome of a wasted slot. At least they are different enough not that it helps. However it was stated that Sucker Punch wanted both of them to be in if the want Cole. So I blame Sony for that one because they haven't told SP to shut up.

It's the same with Team ICO. They said they don't wand Wander or Ico in this game and Sony just let's this slide. It's nice that Sony listens to their studios but sometimes you tell them shut the fuck up and do as told.

2. Nothing to do with UMvC. It's marketing period. Dino is the new Dante. The game is soon coming so they would be stupid to include OG Dante as they want to push DmC as the new Devil May Cry. This is a dickmove and nothing more and I hope DmC bombs so hard that you will hear it on the Mars.

3. Agreed. Dart, Leonard, Jeanne d'Arc, Jaster, Monica or Max, Ellen or Keats they have so many.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 02:16   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Just no lightning -_- god please don't put her in this. or any FF character.

I want dart and his Divine Dragoon.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 08:58   Link #40
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
1. Just stupid and the epitome of a wasted slot. At least they are different enough not that it helps. However it was stated that Sucker Punch wanted both of them to be in if the want Cole. So I blame Sony for that one because they haven't told SP to shut up.

It's the same with Team ICO. They said they don't wand Wander or Ico in this game and Sony just let's this slide. It's nice that Sony listens to their studios but sometimes you tell them shut the fuck up and do as told.

2. Nothing to do with UMvC. It's marketing period. Dino is the new Dante. The game is soon coming so they would be stupid to include OG Dante as they want to push DmC as the new Devil May Cry. This is a dickmove and nothing more and I hope DmC bombs so hard that you will hear it on the Mars.

3. Agreed. Dart, Leonard, Jeanne d'Arc, Jaster, Monica or Max, Ellen or Keats they have so many.
yeah those are some great ones that would have worked well for this game but you missed a character kos-mos from xenosaga, but we probably wont see her in it either
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.