AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-15, 22:47   Link #3301
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Well that millionaire group seems fine, so I don't see why you're calling it bullshit just because it came out on that site.
__________________
Xacual is online now  
Old 2012-11-15, 22:49   Link #3302
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well that millionaire group seems fine, so I don't see why you're calling it bullshit just because it came out on that site.
The same reason that I don't use FoxNews, because nothing they say can be trusted.

They're propagandists (though from different political perspectives) and while they may mix truth with lies, the result is still misleading and innacurate.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 22:52   Link #3303
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
The same reason that I don't use FoxNews, because nothing they say can be trusted.

They're propagandists (though from different political perspectives) and while they may mix truth with lies, the result is still misleading and innacurate.
It's on other news sites, you can even go to their website which I linked last page.
__________________
Xacual is online now  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:03   Link #3304
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It's on other news sites, you can even go to their website which I linked last page.
Are you referring to the article on the "Patriotic Millianaires for Fiscal Strength" site owned by the Agenda Project?
The Agenda Project is owned by Erica Payne, she is political marketting strategist (propagandist, think Karl Rove only left-wing), and I am leery of anything she touches.

Her Tesseract Group is more straightforward in telling what its goals are. That being the implementation of a propaganda strategy to implement a 21st Century Progressive agenda.

It's like RedState or Breitbart, or any of those types of right-wing groups.
It is very difficult to trust their articles and I try hard never to use them.

Sadly it is getting increasingly difficult to find unbias information.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:04   Link #3305
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
No, you're just crazy.

Stop visiting the strange parts of the Internet.
Irenicus is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:04   Link #3306
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It's on other news sites, you can even go to their website which I linked last page.
This is Warrne Buffet's OP-Ed column from NY Times from last year to help you with your argument.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:06   Link #3307
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
No, you're just crazy.

Stop visiting the strange parts of the Internet.
Those are the BEST parts!!
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:08   Link #3308
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
At least drop the weed when you're, uh, trying to look for unbiased information or, say, form a proper political opinion, 'kay?

The old media isn't that bad. If you really have to just use the Beeb or NYT.
Irenicus is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:16   Link #3309
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
At least drop the weed when you're, uh, trying to look for unbiased information or, say, form a proper political opinion, 'kay?
There's no weed involved, nor drugs necessary.
All I did was point out the facts about Mother Jones.
If the truth is considered crazy, then I'm as mad as a hatter.

Also, the "Buffet Rule" was dissected by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and found to be less than genuine.
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...mberg-tax-rate
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:17   Link #3310
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
There's no weed involved, nor drugs necessary.
All I did was point out the facts about Mother Jones.
If the truth is considering crazy, then I'm as mad as a hatter.

Also, the "Buffet Rule" was dissected by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and found to be less than genuine.
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...mberg-tax-rate
You're aware that Bloomberg endorsed Obama right?

Outcome remains uncertain
willx is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:19   Link #3311
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
You're aware that Bloomberg endorsed Obama right?

Outcome remains uncertain
Which is precisely why I chose that article.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:31   Link #3312
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
There's no weed involved, nor drugs necessary.
All I did was point out the facts about Mother Jones.
If the truth is considered crazy, then I'm as mad as a hatter.

Also, the "Buffet Rule" was dissected by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and found to be less than genuine.
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...mberg-tax-rate
Not much dissection there. Lot's of opinions and guess work there though, but that's to be expected from Daily News, pretty much a tabloid style newspaper with a lose emphasis on news. NY Post is a bit more respectable or was... until Murdock got his dirty paw on that one too. I, however, agree with you on Mother Jones. We know they have an axe to grind when they took away Romney's undies by releasing that video. That said, a lot of millionaires and billionaires have been calling for a tax-hike since the Bush era.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:35   Link #3313
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Not much dissection there. Lot's of opinions and guess work there though, but that's to be expected from Daily News, pretty much a tabloid style newspaper with a lose emphasis on news. NY Post is a bit more respectable or was... until Murdock got his dirty paw on that one too. I, however, agree with you on Mother Jones. We know they have an axe to grind when they took away Romney's undies by releasing that video. That said, a lot of millionaires and billionaires have been calling for a tax-hike since the Bush era.
WHAT? NO WAY. When did Murdock buy the NY Post?
I didn't know that.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Old 2012-11-15, 23:49   Link #3314
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
WHAT? NO WAY. When did Murdock buy the NY Post?
I didn't know that.
Murdock had to renounce his Australian citizenship in 1985 in order to buy so much of the American assets. I am sorry America, but he is your problem now. We Australians don't want him back.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-11-16, 07:24   Link #3315
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
On eve of fiscal cliff talks, positions harden
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A80WV20121115
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2012-11-16, 07:41   Link #3316
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
On eve of fiscal cliff talks, positions harden
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A80WV20121115
Obama now learned that Republicans only play hardball. They see compromise as a sign of weakness. If the GOP want to play Hardball then Obama would play along. He has a better hand of cards this time, and time is on his side.

It is GOP's responsibility to offer something Obama would sign before everyone's taxes go up. Either way Obama wins.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-11-16, 07:44   Link #3317
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Why can't Politicians for once do their dang jobs? If I ever drew something out this long I would have been fired from any of my old jobs on the first day.
Destined_Fate is offline  
Old 2012-11-16, 08:34   Link #3318
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Why can't Politicians for once do their dang jobs? If I ever drew something out this long I would have been fired from any of my old jobs on the first day.
because money
Mr. DJ is offline  
Old 2012-11-16, 08:34   Link #3319
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Why can't Politicians for once do their dang jobs? If I ever drew something out this long I would have been fired from any of my old jobs on the first day.
That's the problem with politics; Politicians are not working for the PEOPLE, not unless they are independents. Those who are in a political party, which is nearly all of them, work for the Party. Because there is no point being loved by the voters if the party want you destroyed.

The GOP want Obama obstructed. And that's what they will do no matter what. Screw the voters.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-11-16, 09:35   Link #3320
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's the problem with politics; Politicians are not working for the PEOPLE, not unless they are independents. Those who are in a political party, which is nearly all of them, work for the Party. Because there is no point being loved by the voters if the party want you destroyed.

The GOP want Obama obstructed. And that's what they will do no matter what. Screw the voters.
Not quite right. They're still working for the people. However, it's their people, not the country's people. They only have to answer to a small collective of loyal/brainwashed folk who care not for what is actually happening, merely what they perceive to be happening. And it just so happens that they perceive Obama to be a Muslim terrorist, and their representatives are working to prevent him from selling the USA to China.
GDB is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.