AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-16, 06:39   Link #5401
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There's even additional info from the Astray manga that it's Lowe (Astray Red's pilot) who brought him from Strike's cockpit to Marchio's (the blind monk) cabin.
It seemed like a good idea at the time. Before SEED aired, the Newtype magazine was all excited about how "there would be cross over of events in the anime with the manga, so you need to have both to know the full story".

Now, obviously this annoys everyone in the West who watched fansubs, but it's not like Japan ever cared about that.

Although of course, instead of ACTUAL crossover of characters and plots, Sunrise just got lazy and simply kept everyone in their medium. So you never saw manga main characters in the anime and vice versa. Which is a rather unusual way to do a crossover. Most people in the West doesn't even know a Crossover occurred, since there is no hint that anything unusual happened. All we see is that there was a gap in the story, but nothing to link us to manga.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 07:03   Link #5402
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Wow! Is that real?! I mean, have official Sunrise sites showed this besides the blog?

Anyway, this is awesome and it makes sense considering ths sales of the SEED HD, and the popularity of Destiny. If it doesn't say 10th anniversary it doesn't necessarily means it will be released during 2014, but 2013.

Also I noted something. The second opening of Destiny had Freedom & Destiny vs Destroy. The big difference is that Destiny was all black to avoid revealing its design. It looks like Destiny's introduction was delayed as in the final fight against Stella Shinn was piloting Impulse.


Last edited by amaterasu4; 2012-11-16 at 07:18.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 07:05   Link #5403
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Also I noted something. The second opening of Destiny had Freedom & Destiny vs Destroy. The big difference is that Destiny was all black to avoid revealing its design. It looks like Destiny's introduction was delayed as in the final fight against Stella Shinn was piloting Impulse.[img][/img]

It's just showing Stella played a big role in their feud. Ah, I misread. Maybe it was delayed, but maybe it's not. The OPs and EDs are not necessarily bound to the story.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 07:11   Link #5404
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Shinn got the wrong wings or he is the devil in disguise.
It's not wings. It's just Destiny Gundam's face behind the mask, and it's burning with fire.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 07:48   Link #5405
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
The Destroy looks far more intimidating in that picture than it was in the series. It was destroyed so easily and even easier when Shinn gets the Destiny...

I think they decided against Shinn using the Destiny because they wanted to do the Freedom vs Impulse instead(Pre-Upgrades in Destiny fight). If Shinn was in the Destiny it wouldn't have been fair at all since the Destiny's specs completely trump the original Freedom in every way and there's no way Kira could get the Strike Freedom that early.

What we can hope for is that in that scene they'll show Shinn in the Destiny Impulse at least to match those wings.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 08:07   Link #5406
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The Destroy looks far more intimidating in that picture than it was in the series. It was destroyed so easily and even easier when Shinn gets the Destiny...

I think they decided against Shinn using the Destiny because they wanted to do the Freedom vs Impulse instead(Pre-Upgrades in Destiny fight). If Shinn was in the Destiny it wouldn't have been fair at all since the Destiny's specs completely trump the original Freedom in every way and there's no way Kira could get the Strike Freedom that early.

What we can hope for is that in that scene they'll show Shinn in the Destiny Impulse at least to match those wings.
Curious thing is that the first opening had Freedom vs Impuse using actual footage from episode 34 or something like that. Can't find the image yet. Also, wouldn't Destiny have red wings in Earth. If the Wings are fire it makes sense it becomes purple in space just like all those pink explosions the show has.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 08:10   Link #5407
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Curious thing is that the first opening had Freedom vs Impuse using actual footage from episode 34 or something like that. Can't find the image yet. Also, wouldn't Destiny have red wings in Earth. If the Wings are fire it makes sense it becomes purple in space just like all those pink explosions the show has.
How, it doesn't show nothing of the sort
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 09:36   Link #5408
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
How, it doesn't show nothing of the sort
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsj...iny_shortfilms
Its near the end.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 09:55   Link #5409
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Technically that's not even from epi 34, because it's stock footage from 23 or 28 with Saviour swapped for Impulse, which came before that fight. So you really can't say that scene is from Freedom vs Impulse, because it's stock footage from a earlier episode, Impulse swapped in place of Saviour, and did not originate from that fight. Now if that opening had original animation from the actual episode... then yes.

On another note: They better capitalize on this now, instead of wasting Destiny's 10th Anniversary on this Remaster, which their Anniversary would be their last leg. Save Destiny's Anniversary for something else
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 10:50   Link #5410
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Curious thing is that the first opening had Freedom vs Impuse using actual footage from episode 34 or something like that. Can't find the image yet. Also, wouldn't Destiny have red wings in Earth. If the Wings are fire it makes sense it becomes purple in space just like all those pink explosions the show has.
No idea, they must have overlooked it.

The Destiny Impulse uses a blueish color I believe so... I dunno.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 10:51   Link #5411
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Technically that's not even from epi 34, because it's stock footage from 23 or 28 with Saviour swapped for Impulse, which came before that fight. So you really can't say that scene is from Freedom vs Impulse, because it's stock footage from a earlier episode, Impulse swapped in place of Saviour, and did not originate from that fight. Now if that opening had original animation from the actual episode... then yes.

On another note: They better capitalize on this now, instead of wasting Destiny's 10th Anniversary on this Remaster, which their Anniversary would be their last leg. Save Destiny's Anniversary for something else
I don't know some time ago when I saw Freedom vs Impulse with both mobile suits clashing sword I was like "Isn't this the first opening but with a different background?"

Now here I put a more exact link of Freedom vs Impulse:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsj...films&start=74

Also regarding Destiny's 10th annivesary they could celebrate it by releasing the SEED Destiny whose production was stalled due to the writer's health issues. But hey, a person can dream right?

Last edited by amaterasu4; 2012-11-16 at 11:11.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 11:27   Link #5412
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Also regarding Destiny's 10th annivesary they could celebrate it by releasing the SEED Destiny whose production was stalled due to the writer's health issues. But hey, a person can dream right?
Wha? You mean the Movie.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 14:14   Link #5413
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Wha? You mean the Movie.
Yep. It looks that things were going smoothly consdering Newtype released lots of images including ZAFT Kira alongside other characters from the series even though the scene only from the compilation film only took five seconds.


amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 14:41   Link #5414
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
No...........that's not true...........that's impossible...........
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 15:19   Link #5415
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
The Movie is never happening, Destiny still sucks, The Remaster will be a complete joke. Most of the bull will still be intact and the story will still suck. That "Destiny Remaster" image is fake, and we done been trolled yet again. Sounds about right.

Their "Winning! "
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 15:27   Link #5416
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
The Movie is never happening, Destiny still sucks, The Remaster will be a complete joke. Most of the bull will still be intact and the story will still suck. That "Destiny Remaster" image is fake, and we done been trolled yet again. Sounds about right.

Their "Winning! "
It sounds like you can't make up your mind on whether you think the Remaster will happen.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 15:36   Link #5417
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Nah, monster. I'm shooting my expectations so Low, so that I can't possibly be dissapointed with what ever they announce or produce.

New Information: Stargazer getting a Blu-Ray release, which means even less chance of this Destiny Remaster. Yesss!
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 15:37   Link #5418
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Is it only in Japan? I don't think they've ever licensed Stargazer in my country.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 15:39   Link #5419
I Fail at Life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Is it only in Japan? I don't think they've ever licensed Stargazer in my country.
No such Details yet.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 15:42   Link #5420
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Should I follow your lead then?

Stargazer will never be released in my country. And if it was, they won't have any local dubbing, or subtitle, in fact it will be in Chinese.

Oh, wait, I'm getting frustrated just thinking about it.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.