AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Psycho-Pass

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 17 28.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 31.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 35.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-19, 02:03   Link #101
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The latest episode school-scenes had an Agatha Christie's stories vibe to me. Considering I read all her novels, you are probably into something. Strangely, I'm sure that none of her work had any horror thematic to it like this latest episode had.
In this story....

Spoiler for Ending for one of Agatha Christie book that I can't remember. Please don't click if you don't want to be spoiled:
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 02:08   Link #102
TinyRedLeaf
On indefinite hiatus
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Spoiler for Ending for one of Agatha Christie book that I can't remember. Please don't click if you don't want to be spoiled:
Sounds like Johann Liebert to me.

In the end, I think we can agree that writers borrow shamelessly from one another. It's not a question of whether a story is original, but how well each personal take on a familiar trope is spun.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 02:10   Link #103
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Sounds like Johann Liebert to me.
Loosely familiar, but not quite. Psycho Pass's story is also a whole lot more than the villain (which the show Monster is mostly about). The idea here seems to be how any evolution of a society can still have some fundamental flaws in it and the story is only portraying a deconstruction of those flaws rather than focusing on the villain.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 04:42   Link #104
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Not that I don't like Gen but come on people, Jinrui deconstructed the whole "yuri all girls school" setting just 2 months ago in its last arc (and it was the arc that was popular with otakus and boosted the BD sales) and I'm sure there were others before it.
Jinrui is a dark satirical comedy that is designed to poke fun at all sorts of pop culture elements in Japan.

That's rather different from a serious cyberpunk story like Psycho-Pass that's not first and foremost about comically poking fun at things.

Honestly, your argument is like saying "Because a Hollywood comedy movie of the "Scary Movie" sort pokes fun at Element A of American culture (along with Elements B through T), it doesn't count when a serious sci-fi movie subverts Element A of American culture".

That seems like a very silly argument to me.


And just why are you so sure that there were others before Jinrui?
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 11:09   Link #105
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Good point. I had forgotten that this subversion has already been done.
I haven't watched School Days, so please forgive me if I'm wrong about this, but I got the impression that School Days played the tropes horribly straight, making it a Deconstruction, rather than a Subversion.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 00:26   Link #106
zzhk
Summary Machine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
In this story....

Spoiler for Ending for one of Agatha Christie book that I can't remember. Please don't click if you don't want to be spoiled:
Curtain: Poirot's Last Case
__________________
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 12:26   Link #107
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
The body at the end was just yuck!

When we were looking through murder files with Shion I was fine despite the fact that bodies were falling apart but last one really creeped me out!

And even more for the fact that those 2 dudes didn't realize that it was a real body!
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.