AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 11:27   Link #661
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

For those who wants a little variety away from Hogwarts, it's Alibaba time in the vol.15 omakes.

http://youdontknowthings.tumblr.com/...omic-vol-3-vol

Oh, that delicious irony that Toto's type... is someone like Kassim, considering what's inside Alibaba.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 11:30   Link #662
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I doubt Black Rukh users can summon Dungeons...and their Djinn don't seem nearly on par with the original Djinn.
Are their Djinn even Djinn per se....

Looking at Paimon and co back when they were running around with Solomon....it's doubtful the same process was used to raise them up to Djinn

Quote:
And last but not least, Irene is one weird chick, I bet she has Mogamett fetish or old man fetish.
Didn't she call Dumbodork filthy?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-11-19 at 11:42.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 12:56   Link #663
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
For those who wants a little variety away from Hogwarts, it's Alibaba time in the vol.15 omakes.

http://youdontknowthings.tumblr.com/...omic-vol-3-vol

Oh, that delicious irony that Toto's type... is someone like Kassim, considering what's inside Alibaba.

Well, even if she doesn't become his wife (Mor will most likely be that lucky lady IMO), Toto can always become a member of Alibaba's harem!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 12:57   Link #664
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Are their Djinn even Djinn per se....

Looking at Paimon and co back when they were running around with Solomon....it's doubtful the same process was used to raise them up to Djinn
From the way they talked, the real Djinn didn't seem to have been human in the first place but rather created artificially from scratch.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 14:03   Link #665
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, now that we've got this black rukh reveal, I wonder if this info is tantamount to Ohtaka giving us readers an advance hint of Dumblemort transforming into an evil djinn ala Cassim/Dunya? Not that I ever doubted that possibility in the first place, but now it just seems more obvious, IMO....
Doubt Dumbledouche himself is going to transform into a dark djinn. Notice how all the people who did so were pawns of Al Sarmen. If anything Dumbledouche is setting up some of his more fanatic followers as dark djinn fodder.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 15:13   Link #666
ellifeedn
Thinker

I recently got into this series and it's awesome. A few thoughts: 1) maybe there are four Magi because one is being fueled by black rukh and there have to be three fueled by white, 2) I wonder what the equivalents of the Americas would be like, 3) was there any mention of religion in this series?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 16:13   Link #667
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I recently got into this series and it's awesome. A few thoughts: 1) maybe there are four Magi because one is being fueled by black rukh and there have to be three fueled by white, 2) I wonder what the equivalents of the Americas would be like, 3) was there any mention of religion in this series?
Not a bad idea, since one of the original 3 magi of this era strayed from destiny, the fourth magi appeared.
And no, as far as I can remember there was no mention of religion.
Old 2012-11-19, 16:31   Link #668
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Which civilization do you mean exactly?

Old 2012-11-19, 22:23   Link #669
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Which civilization do you mean exactly?
I was thinking about how the Americas in that equivalent time had resources that were "untapped" and the people "uncivilized", and thought that maybe the various powers would vie for control of those lands and people, or something like that.

And I just thought of something: what if Aladdin and Titus convince the higher brass to try an experiment to see if the Goi could produce more Magoi if they were doing productive work (something simple such as cleaning up their ghetto)? What do you think?
Old 2012-11-20, 00:23   Link #670
aohige
Banned

Weren't the Native American culture already shown as the Toran clan right before the Zagan Dungeon arc?
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 01:25   Link #671
ellifeedn
Thinker

The Toran, in my eyes, are a mix of Pacific Islanders (for obvious reasons) and Jews ("scattered around the world" and unique language and writing system). I guess there are a few Native American designs in there, like those tents, but maybe Pacific Islanders have them too; I don't know enough about their culture(s) to make that call.

If you want a specific culture in America (or Pre-Columbian America as the case may be), maybe a city like Tenochtitlan where the people practice human sacrifice and yet are not afflicted by abnormalities. Maybe I'm asking for too much.
Old 2012-11-20, 13:38   Link #672
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I dunno...I always thought the Toran people seemed more like the Mayan equivalent in this world.

Old 2012-11-20, 19:20   Link #673
hawkeyesvn

I thought they're more like Jews ( Scattered around the world, remaining of an ancient civilization - Alma Toran. Unique language that hold many secrects of the world ). Only their clothes and tents look like Native American tribes.
Old 2012-11-23, 08:17   Link #674
aohige
Banned

copypastaing my own post from another forum before this thread gets buried too deep.

Quote:
Oh wow, I just learned that name of the King of Balbaad, father of Alibaba, was none other than Rashid Saruja!
As in, Caliph Harun Al-Rashid from the real history, as well as a character in Arabian Nights.
Also, Magi's Sindbad was modeled after both the Sindbad of Arabian Nights as well as Caliph Al-Rashid.

The info comes from the Magi guidebook. Damn it, I'm ordering this book on my next amazon shipment.
The translators and the Magi-wiki people should get hold of it too, seems like it's chock full of juicey info.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-11-23 at 12:19. Reason: knights -> nights
Old 2012-11-23, 09:41   Link #675
hawkeyesvn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
copypastaing my own post from another forum before this thread gets buried too deep.
Well, If Ohtaka is taking some hint from caliph Harun al-Rashid's history then I hope she will change Jafar's fate. The guy got it really bad and that's not mentioning how Disney made most people think he's a bad guy.

A great guy but his family ( with famous and noble lineage ) had made him into al-Rashid's potential enemy ( or at least that's what al-Rashid think ).
Old 2012-11-23, 10:06   Link #676
ellifeedn
Thinker

What other forum is that? And in this series Jafar was an assassin who tried to kill Sinbad and instead joined him.
Old 2012-11-23, 11:56   Link #677
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I thought Sindbad was modelled after Sinbad the Sailor?
Old 2012-11-23, 12:18   Link #678
aohige
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I thought Sindbad was modelled after Sinbad the Sailor?
He is. Like I said in my original post, he has two models.
Old 2012-11-23, 17:19   Link #679
marvelB

Yeah, that's some real neat info. I always enjoy learning the inspirations behind an author's works. I'm already looking forward to more of that guidebook's info, yesiree.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 19:21   Link #680
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Translation for 164 is out. The scan itself isn't out yet though

Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen