AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-20, 04:21   Link #501
eiyuu99

It's the same reasoning for MMORPGs. It doesn't have to make sense.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 04:42   Link #502
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
It's the same reasoning for MMORPGs. It doesn't have to make sense.
It doesn't have to make sense... but it can make sense because it certainly does strengthen or at least further confirm the close relationship two people have, be it of friendship or similar. And in some rare cases, lovership. This counts for both rl and/or vl.
Old 2012-11-20, 08:11   Link #503
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Just started the series.
So this guy got married... on a competitive game? That doesn't make any fucking sense. It's stupid enough on MMOs, but how and why would you even do that on a competitive game?
There could be a community connected to the game where people can socialize.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 09:23   Link #504
chancs

Quote:
Just started the series.
So this guy got married... on a competitive game? That doesn't make any fucking sense. It's stupid enough on MMOs, but how and why would you even do that on a competitive game?
Why don't you take an example from SAO? Then you will understand better.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 18:05   Link #505
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
It's stupid enough on MMOs, but how and why would you even do that on a competitive game?
Did you just call a couple million role-players, as well as actual online relationships, "stupid"?

Just making sure I'm reading you correctly here.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 23:50   Link #506
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Just started the series.
Couples competition?

The "wedding" looked cute. He did try to get together with her offline but she wouldn't have it.
Old 2012-11-21, 11:45   Link #507
Doria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Did you just call a couple million role-players, as well as actual online relationships, "stupid"?

Just making sure I'm reading you correctly here.
I think... I hope that the post you quoted just referred to the idea of getting married in MMOs as "stupid" versus getting married in a competitive MP game. Not that people who play them are stupid... I think?

To be fair, I suppose the quotation was also saying that it still wasn't *as* stupid as marrying in a competitive game, but yeah, as many people already said, the whole point of MP games is for the social community, regardless of the type of game (whether competitive, RPG, PVP, etc.).

And I'm sure I'm not alone in knowing more than one couple that met online and married in real life...
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 14:36   Link #508
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doria View Post
I think... I hope that the post you quoted just referred to the idea of getting married in MMOs as "stupid" versus getting married in a competitive MP game. Not that people who play them are stupid... I think?
By "Role-Players" I mean "Those who Role-Play", rather than "Those who play RPG's".
Old 2012-11-21, 15:58   Link #509
Doria

Oh, ha ha. Fair enough--all the gaming acronyms get confusing!
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 05:24   Link #510
eiyuu99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
It doesn't have to make sense... but it can make sense because it certainly does strengthen or at least further confirm the close relationship two people have, be it of friendship or similar. And in some rare cases, lovership. This counts for both rl and/or vl.
For those who understand and respect the implication, I agree it may strengthen their relationship.

In some games, some used it simply for marriage benefits (similar to political marriage) and then break up within a few months... which also occurred in real life. Personally, some people should treat the system with greater respect...

Last edited by eiyuu99; 2012-11-22 at 05:38.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 11:52   Link #511
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
In some games, some used it simply for marriage benefits (similar to political marriage) and then break up within a few months... which also occurred in real life. Personally, some people should treat the system with greater respect...
I don't see anything wrong with treating it like a mere game feature to obtain bonuses, because it is a game feature. Some marry for the bonuses, some marry because they're friends (or closer). It's not like you will break a moral code irl because you treated it like the former. Would be quite pitiful if you did, of course, but I just don't see it happening.

If you meant it in the rl way, then yeah people should treat marriage with more respect. But if an arranged marriage happened, I doubt the respect for the system is the thing you should worry about.

Last edited by Seihai; 2012-11-22 at 22:49. Reason: wording
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 21:57   Link #512
hoshino_crimsonwings

So when's 7 out?
Old 2012-11-22, 22:34   Link #513
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Thursday 11:00PM
Is when each episode releases. Episode 7 has already been released though and subbed. Episode 8 just released today, and will be subbed in a few hours most likely.
Old 2012-11-22, 22:48   Link #514
OPN

Just finished episode 8 and it was a very well done episode. Probably my most favorite one so far since it had some good character development.
Old 2012-11-22, 23:18   Link #515
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.8
so in longer being in the island only matter til tempt by dark side to any means to get off the island yet really other players are doing like dump them to giant lizard to boom show evil host & ceo boss like it.

sakamoto & himiko alone time with some talk cue oh mystery person which later is one arm female who was a nurse got sent to the island with a doctor she know.

during do killing til 6 chips cue doctor betrayal & left her in the island so after hearing story yet sakamoto got idea hi-jack chopper with boom to escape.

but twist oh the doctor the nurse mention is back again (can you say evil company are such a troll).
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 23:26   Link #516
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

They really want that doctor dead alright. Getting sent to death twice can be quite the coincidence.
Old 2012-11-23, 01:19   Link #517
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
They really want that doctor dead alright. Getting sent to death twice can be quite the coincidence.
That a** obviously is not living a proper life. Hopefully, he gets what's coming to him this time.
Old 2012-11-23, 07:28   Link #518
chancs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That a** obviously is not living a proper life. Hopefully, he gets what's coming to him this time.
What else can we expect? A person who can't bear responsibility for his grievous mistakes deserve to die.

A nice platform to prepare his death bed
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 10:05   Link #519
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
You'd think he would have attempted to redeem himself after the first time, but nope. Hopefully he'll get his just deserts this time.
Old 2012-11-23, 11:21   Link #520
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It looks like shit will hit the fan next episode.

Also, getting the quota for just one player and then escaping together sounds too good to be true.

Tags
action, seinen