AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-23, 02:42   Link #501
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
Maybe she can use a little of magic to build a raft or swim her way back.

Well, that's what I hope she can do since she a mage and all.

Tom Hanks had no one but Willson, and he could build a raft by himself.
Remember they need some kind of technology to use magic.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 04:29   Link #502
TimeSkip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Remember they need some kind of technology to use magic.
If making a wooden doll can get Hakaze a future phone, she should get more from the barrel.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 05:13   Link #503
andromeda0201
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I find that the time flies by really quickly whenever I watch an episode. As another person mentioned, this show does a really good job in slowly building up the tension and for once I'm happy enough to watch the mystery unfold with its' own pace without yelling for answers.

Yoshino is intriguing, we seem to follow his train of thoughts but he can just do something totally unexpected the next minute. If anything, he's like the type that blends into the background and you won't notice until you get hit hard. Revenge-driven characters like Mahiro are interesting to watch too.

Now that time travel is included, various possibilities and timelines are open such that it's harder to make speculations. I'm even inclined to believe Aika is the mastermind behind all these

By the way, Samon hitting his sword on the ground whenever he made a point was really annoying.....
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 06:57   Link #504
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
^ or maybe it's just part of his magic :P, like making people believe things... ^^ just throwing thoughts around...
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 09:54   Link #505
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Just a meh episode for me, but then again, I never really liked Hakaze much. Whether she is really dead or alive is of little matter as far as I'm concerned.

Now next episode... shit is on! Either Mahiro is going to claim it was him who was Aika's boyfriend, or more likely, he knew it was Yoshino all along. Can't wait for it!
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 11:27   Link #506
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
^ or maybe it's just part of his magic :P, like making people believe things... ^^ just throwing thoughts around...
Yes, I have thought that, too. Like a way to mesmerize them.

Analyzing the facts, Samon showed them a skeleton, a barrel and the only thing supporting vaguely Hakaze's death is Hakaze herself. There is no evidence so far. And even if Hakaze is in a different timeline, that doesn't imply that she will die or that she is dead (depend on which timeline we are referring to ). The fact the she could be alive is supported a bit by Samon being worried by the doubt that the fate sided with her instead of himself. Sure his fear could be due to the fact that if the tree of genesis would go berserk nobody, but Hakaze, would be able to stop it. So if she is truly dead that would be a problem But the way he phrased it seemed to point more toward calling his bluff than to the destruction of the world as they know it.

By the way, Samon's VA doesn't fit him for some reasons.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2012-11-23 at 11:42. Reason: fixed some typos
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 14:04   Link #507
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Samon is preparing some serious artillery.
Things got intense really fast.
Hakaze's little talk with Samon was interesting.
That Tree of Exodus brought nothing good to the world.
Lots of new info about the current situation was intriguing.
Yoshino & Mahiro against Samon.
Hakaze's skeleton Samon has is really real?! Wtf?
Poor girl is dead and didn't even know it.
The terrible truth is finally revealed.
Wonder how they're gonna save her now..
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 14:52   Link #508
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I wonder who Jun was talking too.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 15:17   Link #509
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah. That bothered me too. A bit too fourth wall breaking, unless he was actually speaking to someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
If making a wooden doll can get Hakaze a future phone, she should get more from the barrel.
The doll is just a focus for her spell, not the actual sacrifice that powered the magic. That was probably some kind of metal debris like the nail.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 15:26   Link #510
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
After this episode I'm more than certain Samon likes his sword

So with magic they can connect the past with the present. If I was a magician I'd send the winning lottery numbers to my past self

The final battle turns out to be a battle of wits, with Samon having the advantage for now. From the preview Mahiro abandons Hakaze and sides with Samon, while Yoshino pulls out the ultimate trump card of revealing who Aika's boyfriend is.
I'd say it's hook, line and sinker

Pretty unique, how the fate of the world can change depending on that one piece of information.
__________________
Awrya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 15:43   Link #511
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Honestly, I'm a bit confused on the whole tracking the killer thing. I thought Hakaze had cast the spell which would lead Mahiro to the killer. And, even though we haven't seen that yellow trail since that episode, I've largely left it alone. But, here, it seems he needs Hakaze back in the "real" world, to show him the killer, which would mean I must have misinterpreted the whole tracking spell that was cast earlier (or it's just a fudge we're supposed to ignore).
They know it's someone from the clan. They don't know who.

Quote:
I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm no longer sure if the reason Mahiro was heading to the tree was because that's where the killer was, or if he was just heading there to "free" Hakaze, so she could show him the killer.
Both? All the clan is gathered there for the ceremony. So the killer's there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Samon is one sick piece of work though. Floating around Hakaze's skeletal remains like that. Though on top of that I have to wonder if this guy is a pure idiot. How can he be doing all this if his safety net is dead? What's he going to do, communicate with magic with a ship two years in the past to bring in Hakaze?
Her being a safety net is just something she said. Try to look at it from his perspective. It's not that clear cut. Sure, if this goes south, she's their only hope. But her being alive to interfere with the ceremony almost guarantees it'll go south in the first place.

Quote:
In the end it's just a big argument based on theories. One theory the world is destroyed by the Tree of Genesis the other it's because they revived the Tree of Exodus. Depending on how pessimistic or optimistic you are one theory looks more right than the other. There is no way to tell which one of Hakaze or Samon is actually right here. I tend to lean with Hakaze since she wasn't the one who slaughtered entire cities based on a theory. Seems like Samon's group just wanted to feel proactive so they did something. He didn't want to feel like a "slave" to the Tree of Genesis, so this seemed like a good enough plan.
I... rather sympathize with Samon. The Tree of Origins will set things right, but what does it see as "right"? I'm not sure it includes human civilization.

Quote:
Regardless good job Samon. Just told the guy with a gun that could lead to pure destruction that there is no way to find out who killed Aika. Thus giving the person with little to lose in the first place nothing to lose by ending the world and guaranteeing the person who killed Aika dies in the process.
He just told him Hakaze can't help. If worse comes to worst, he can always "confess" and offer himself as a sacrificial goat. Or push some other member under the bus.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 17:34   Link #512
shinigami99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Britannia
Maybe Jun was doing a soliloquy (a la Shakespeare). The language wasn't fancy though, it was more like exposition.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 20:16   Link #513
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
so this means.... Samon DID kill Hakaze, that he never did bring her back and she really did die. And so that's why he holds no hesitation in reviving the tree of Exodus as there is not turning back for him.

now if Hakaze is brought to the future... if that's possible, wouldn't that be twisting the logic of the world? either that, or someone travel back to the past to save her?
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 20:41   Link #514
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He just told him Hakaze can't help. If worse comes to worst, he can always "confess" and offer himself as a sacrificial goat. Or push some other member under the bus.
I think that's exactly why Mahiro didn't tell Samon what his goal was in order to prevent the clan from bullshitting their way out with a scapegoat.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 20:44   Link #515
Jerseykid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Samon definitely set the anime record for most sword taps on the ground
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 02:42   Link #516
SQA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Just a point: per Hakaze, with normal Kusaribe magic (from the Tree of Genesis), you can't resurrect someone. But, just thinking, it might be possible to use the Tree of Exodus to resurrect someone. (The Tree of Exodus is to break the logic of the Tree of Genesis) Which could explain why Samon likes to show off Hakaze's supposed skeleton. (Still not 100% convinced its her; we have to assume there's 15 more twists along the way)

So Hakaze could still easily be his trump card, and his biggest problem.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 06:16   Link #517
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Enjoyable episode. One thing that bother me is “why all the monologues?”

Samon was monologue-ing just before the military attacked and Jun was doing that heavy and long exposition to.....nobody?

Come on BONES. I know characters in anime have tendency to talk to themselves (to explain something to the audience), but what Jun did in this episode is crossing the line. It makes this episode kinda strange .

Btw, if it’s not a spoiler, can a manga-reader tell me whether Jun is also talking to himself like that in the manga or not?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 07:14   Link #518
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, if it’s not a spoiler, can a manga-reader tell me whether Jun is also talking to himself like that in the manga or not?
Yes, it was the same with Jun talking to himself

And didn't they skip part of the conversation between Samon and Hakaze about the former's motives to let her die? (the even the realistic me had to place a bet! thing)

I miss Yoshino's face when Mahiro confesses that he didn't tell him that maybe Samon's view was the correct one
Spoiler for his face in the manga during that scene:


Finally they're speeding up the pace. Next week they will adapt chapter 9 and 10 and the 9th is one of my favorites so I hope it delivers.
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 08:03   Link #519
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Yes, it was the same with Jun talking to himself
Thanx for answering, Bern-san .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I miss Yoshino's face when Mahiro confesses that he didn't tell him that maybe Samon's view was the correct one
Spoiler for his face in the manga during that scene:
Yeah, Yoshino’s expression in the manga is certainly precious, but I don’t think it will fit the “doom & gloom” atmosphere of the anime where even the jokes are delivered in a cold way.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 08:56   Link #520
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Enjoyable episode. One thing that bother me is “why all the monologues?”

Samon was monologue-ing just before the military attacked and Jun was doing that heavy and long exposition to.....nobody?

Come on BONES. I know characters in anime have tendency to talk to themselves (to explain something to the audience), but what Jun did in this episode is crossing the line. It makes this episode kinda strange .
The show has a fairly strong Shakespeare bent to it, and you couldn't have Shakespeare without oodles of soliloquies.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bones, gangan, magic, mystery, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.