AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-25, 01:53   Link #601
U. N. Owen
Realistic Idealist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: R'lyeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Putting aside what SilverSyko said, my point is that it's far more advantageous to share an umbrella than a raincoat
Just ask yourself this one simple question: in which are you closer to the person your standing by?
U. N. Owen is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 01:54   Link #602
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
I agree with Chaos. Umbrella wins hands down.
__________________
Ridwan is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 01:58   Link #603
U. N. Owen
Realistic Idealist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: R'lyeh
... Hey... Why not both?
U. N. Owen is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 02:34   Link #604
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
There's not much point in having both unless the air is rather chilly.

I myself never use an umbrella in the rain though. Partly because I don't have one and partly because I actually like the rain to an extent.
__________________
SilverSyko is online now  
Old 2012-11-25, 02:47   Link #605
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
... Stuffing two people together in a raincoat? That was... pragmatic, but surely odd in public view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
There's not much point in having both unless the air is rather chilly.

I myself never use an umbrella in the rain though. Partly because I don't have one and partly because I actually like the rain to an extent.
To an extent... let's hope that doesn't involve having to ride a motorcycle in a torrential rain and water overflowing to the roads because the drain can't suck up the water fast enough thanks to how heavy the rain was.

Needless to say, I succumbed to flu the following week. And I still haven't had a cleared nose at this point - which is like how? Almost one month after it?
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 02:53   Link #606
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by U. N. Owen View Post
Just ask yourself this one simple question: in which are you closer to the person your standing by?
If you're already at the point where you could causally share a raincoat, then it really doesn't matter now does it ?

BUT, if you're trying to raise her flag, it's all about reputation points and moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
There's not much point in having both unless the air is rather chilly.

I myself never use an umbrella in the rain though. Partly because I don't have one and partly because I actually like the rain to an extent.
If I'm caught in a rain, it damn well better pours- For some reason those petter patter slow drops make me sick and uncomfortable faster...
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 03:18   Link #607
U. N. Owen
Realistic Idealist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: R'lyeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
BUT, if you're trying to raise her flag, it's all about reputation points and moderation
Hm... Well said, my friend, well said.
U. N. Owen is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 03:25   Link #608
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
To an extent... let's hope that doesn't involve having to ride a motorcycle in a torrential rain and water overflowing to the roads because the drain can't suck up the water fast enough thanks to how heavy the rain was.

Needless to say, I succumbed to flu the following week. And I still haven't had a cleared nose at this point - which is like how? Almost one month after it?
Well as far as I remember it's never rained to such an overwhelming degree up here in Alberta, Canada. Considering it's here though, maybe I just have a tolerance for heavier rainfalls because I consider the rare severe snowstorm here much worse.

And I don't actually get sick that often. Worst illness I ever had was a case of pneumonia back when I was 8 years old that lasted 3 weeks. I like to think my immune system toughened up since then. Still, there's still the odd time for me to get a head-cold during the winter season now and then.

Quote:
If I'm caught in a rain, it damn well better pours- For some reason those petter patter slow drops make me sick and uncomfortable faster...
Pfft...a small shower during summer months is nothing to me. I wouldn't go out in pouring rain without a jacket though since here it always tends to be chilly. Screw umbrellas when you have pull-up jacket hoods.~
__________________
SilverSyko is online now  
Old 2012-11-25, 06:44   Link #609
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
My brethren, what is this tomfoolery you speak of!?

If one is to raise flags, shring an umbrella or a raincoat is out of the question.

Listen onto me, how better to set a flag than being alone with them in the school gym storage room!?

The teacher put you both on duty for the day, here you tried to subtley show her that you're a gentleman by carrying the stuff she's supposed to carry and telling her she can just go home.

However, she can't just leave protagonist-kun while you're being so nice to her! She walks with you to the storage room and in that dimply it area you can see her looking at you from the corner of your eye. You both think about how this is the first time you've been alone together since...when was that again?

You both start stuttering in embarrassment and hastily try to leave the storage room but a storm rolls in out of nowhere. You sit apart in the storage room waiting for the rain to pass but suddenly there's thunder and she doesn't make a sound but as you see her illuminated by the lightning you see the fear in her face.

Just then you think she's even cuter than ever and right away you sit next to her in an attempt to score cool points. She takes the bait and sees how calm protagonist-kun is despite the skawy lightning!

Suddenly you both remember something, a very simmilar situation happened in your childhood. She remembers your coolness and thinks you're even cooler now. As you feel eachother's breath in the darkness your feelings connect and you see her eyes closed as the lightning illuminates the storage room.

She's waiting, protagonist-kun, you know what you have to do. You realize the flag has been set and lean in to seal the deal while listening to the pouring rain and the sound of her heart racing.

STORAGE ROOM END


Storage rooms are superior.
Masuzu is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 06:46   Link #610
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Hasumi, I'm worried- You've been watching too much Anime...

The idea that anybody would want to be stuck in storage room full of asthma inducing dust, unwashed equipment filled with dried sweat smell, Termite shock troopers, Ranger Silverfish, commando mosquitoes and ninja cockroaches is nothing but an illusion...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-25 at 07:04.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 07:19   Link #611
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
^ We can overcome it with the power of moe, ofcourse.
Masuzu is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 07:40   Link #612
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
^ We can overcome it with the power of moe, ofcourse.
Except reality ensues and you're once more reminded of how boring it was.

... Of course, who am I kidding? Reality is but an illusion. /snicker
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 08:17   Link #613
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post



If I'm caught in a rain, it damn well better pours- For some reason those petter patter slow drops make me sick and uncomfortable faster...
Run 10km in pouring rain, with lightning (looking back now, that was kind of stupid) ....in running shoes. Epic feeling of water sloshing around the feet
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 08:35   Link #614
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
^ We can overcome it with the power of moe, ofcourse.
Not worth it, just walk her home damnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Run 10km in pouring rain, with lightning (looking back now, that was kind of stupid) ....in running shoes. Epic feeling of water sloshing around the feet
I just treat it as a cold shower

Very manly there Cosmic
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 08:40   Link #615
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Run 10km in pouring rain, with lightning (looking back now, that was kind of stupid) ....in running shoes. Epic feeling of water sloshing around the feet
Running shoes is still cool. Try that with office shoes. ... Also, instead of run, walk.

... Of course, for some reason I mysteriously lost said pair of shoes... probably I should've sneaked it inside the coin dryer downstairs in the middle of the night just so I don't need the hassle of putting it out in the sun to dry for four days or five... and keep it quickly under my bed after that.

Chaos: Yeah, rain only feels good when you're dressed like you want to take a dip in the rivers. Instant bath. Oh, do not forget your body soap and shampoo and conditioners and what have you. The next thing you'll have after you return home is a nice towel and maybe something warm.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2012-11-25 at 08:50.
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 08:45   Link #616
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
^
That's.... Not what I meant though but sure
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 08:51   Link #617
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^
That's.... Not what I meant though but sure
Just fortifying your point.

... Anyway, I think I really want to go into the middle of the rain in swimwear... and bathe. How should I express my excuse for doing that: I'm being a pragmatic miser who can't spare a drop of water from his house's own tap for that; or I say that for some reason the water supply in my house ended up dead even though I paid all the bills.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 09:05   Link #618
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
That reminds me. I did swim in an open pool while raining once. You could try that.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 10:22   Link #619
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
That reminds me. I did swim in an open pool while raining once. You could try that.
Been there and done that. Doesn't feel good.

Eh, we even tried the beach during the rain. Of course, we only stayed near the edge of the water, since I was very young at that time. Even counting the "pool during the rain" part.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2012-11-25, 10:41   Link #620
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the piercing blue sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Eh, we even tried the beach during the rain.
*raises hand*

I've experienced this as well when I was a kid. Oh, the sudden feeling of hard rain falling on your exposed back while you rush out of the water to take cover.
__________________
Coldlight is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.