AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-25, 16:13   Link #1
InsaneX3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Looking for Dark/Crazy Animes/Mangas!

Good evening!

I am currently looking for some Animes/Mangas which i didnt watch/read yet.

I am the guy who really likes the Darkish Animes/Mangas who are also really rare. Best example would be Death Note and Code Geass. Both main characters are devilish even tho they want to do the right thing. Both have the same expressions "devilish laughs" etc. Another example is Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu where the main character is at first the "hero" guy but he has a devil power and when he uses it he goes crazy and devilish.

So what i want is:

Protagonist: Dark/Crazy guy(no females) who wants to do good but has to do bad things in order to do the good things. Characters like Hei are also pretty nice.

Gore: Sometimes i like gores but it really depends on the story and such.

Story: I don't really care THAT much as long as i can take the main character serious (no childs) and the background is also darkish like Death Note or DTB.

Mecha: It depends, i like 'some' of the gundam animes but not all of them. Code Geass is also mecha and it was really good.

Cyberpunk: I hate most of them. For example Texhnolyze.

Comedy: I can have some of it but i prefer not much.

Spoiler for :


There are many many more Animes/Mangas but i can't remember those titles atm

Also, i found this thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114187

We both like almost the same things so it could help a bit!

So yeah hope there are some pretty epic recommendations!
InsaneX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 16:38   Link #2
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Try theTsukihime manga.
For anime, Try Fate Zero or Kara no kyoukai.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 16:38   Link #3
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Too bad about female character part because Yomi from Ga-Rei Zero would fit nicely.
Another great female character would be Homura from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. Both series and characters are awesome, you really are restricting yourself.

You can try Aoi Bungaku Series whih are set of mini stories, some could be of your liking.

Baccano! has a lot of psycho characters.

Naru from Ghost Hunt could work.

Hundred Stories, the main guy is not what you want but animation is dark/weird and disturbing just like some episodes so worth a check.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 17:19   Link #4
InsaneX3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Try theTsukihime manga.
For anime, Try Fate Zero or Kara no kyoukai.
I listed Fate Zero in my spoiler already, its an amazing anime! Also watched Tsukihime and it was good too. There are many Kara no kyoukai movies, do they all have different stories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Too bad about female character part because Yomi from Ga-Rei Zero would fit nicely.
Another great female character would be Homura from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. Both series and characters are awesome, you really are restricting yourself.

You can try Aoi Bungaku Series whih are set of mini stories, some could be of your liking.

Baccano! has a lot of psycho characters.

Naru from Ghost Hunt could work.

Hundred Stories, the main guy is not what you want but animation is dark/weird and disturbing just like some episodes so worth a check.
I know the Ga-Rei manga and i really liked it! But yeah you are right, i am restricting myself but i don't really want to because i know there are some amazing ones! But most of the time i get bored while watching such Animes/Mangas

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica looks too childish for me. I think i will still try the first episode though.

I already watched Baccano! and it made me really sad that it was over so soon Really great anime!

Gonna try Ghost Hunt, thanks!

Hundred Stories might work
InsaneX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 17:23   Link #5
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneX3 View Post
I listed Fate Zero in my spoiler already, its an amazing anime! Also watched Tsukihime and it was good too. There are many Kara no kyoukai movies, do they all have different stories?
I'm sorry but the Tsukihime anime should not even exist. Try the manga instead because the anime is shallow, hollow and left so many things and unexplainable things.

Some of the kara no kyoukai movies ties to each other. But seriously watch it. Same creator of Fate Zero and Tsukihime and hailed to be one of the best movie series in anime. It's dark and it's gritty. Oh and mahou shojo madoka? Haha, yes you should watch it now too. You'll be surprised.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 18:23   Link #6
NinjaRealist
Battoru!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneX3 View Post
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica looks too childish for me. I think i will still try the first episode though.
It doesn't start getting dark until the 3rd episode so I doubt you will like this one. But you should try to stick with it till Episode 3 and you'll be rewarded.This one was written by Gen Urobuchi who also did Fate/Zero which you said you loved. He also did some animes named Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and Blassreiter. Also, don't know if you have a PC that can play Visual Novels, but his visual novel Saya no Uta is one of the best works in the genre.

Anyways anime:

D. Gray-man
Higurashi no naku koro ni
Mai-Hime
Victory Gundam
Bokurano
Chrono Crusade


Manga:

Shadow Star
Jiraishin
Lone Wolf and Cub
Blade of the Immorta
__________________
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 20:26   Link #7
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
I personally liked anime prequel for Ga-Rei series more.

Don't let Madoka cover deceive you. This series are anything but childish, especially once you get pass 3rd episodes since that's where things really start to get grim.
A lot of people me included thought it was a children show and then all of us were proven wrong. Characters actually die here and atmosphere is dark.


Hope Ghost Hunt and Hundred stories will be of your liking
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 21:03   Link #8
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I don't see these on your list

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6114/Ra...u_no_Shichinin

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1210/NHK_ni_Youkoso!

http://myanimelist.net/anime/12413/Jormungand

tell us your thoughts if you tried any of our suggestions

Edit: I'm not sure if you tried this yet.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8967/Onani_Master_Kurosawa
forget the synopsis just read I promise you it's amazing
__________________

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-11-25 at 21:24.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 22:10   Link #9
Siphine
The Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Demon King Daimao is about a guy who wants to change the world for the better but is destined to become the demon king
plenty of blood and devilish powers and expressions
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 07:20   Link #10
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
^But there is way too much of silly comedy so duno if it will fit.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 09:19   Link #11
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
I bet [C] will fit your request I think.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 09:34   Link #12
InsaneX3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Thank you guys :>

It seems i will have much to do this week, which makes me quite happy ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I personally liked anime prequel for Ga-Rei series more.

Don't let Madoka cover deceive you. This series are anything but childish, especially once you get pass 3rd episodes since that's where things really start to get grim.
A lot of people me included thought it was a children show and then all of us were proven wrong. Characters actually die here and atmosphere is dark.


Hope Ghost Hunt and Hundred stories will be of your liking
Yesterday i watched Ghost Hunt and Kara no Kyoukai until i went to bed. Both are very interesting, definitely a must watch till the end!

Today i will try Madoka Ep. 1-3. I am very curious if it will surprise me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
I don't see these on your list

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6114/Ra...u_no_Shichinin

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1210/NHK_ni_Youkoso!

http://myanimelist.net/anime/12413/Jormungand

tell us your thoughts if you tried any of our suggestions

Edit: I'm not sure if you tried this yet.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8967/Onani_Master_Kurosawa
forget the synopsis just read I promise you it's amazing
I already watched Rainbow Ep. 1 and at first i didn't like it that much but it seems this anime is also about boxing(martial arts) and i think i will give it a chance.

NHK at first sight doesn't really look like what i am searching for. But i will gather some informations first and then i can say if it worth the shot :P

I watched some episodes from Jormungand because i thought it resembles Black Lagoon or Phantom. But i didn't really gave it a chance yet. But i will!

The manga looks interesting but i am going to stick with the animes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
Demon King Daimao is about a guy who wants to change the world for the better but is destined to become the demon king
plenty of blood and devilish powers and expressions
I watched this one and it was good enough to watch it once.

Also, sorry if you can't understand my english somtimes, its because im from germany

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I bet [C] will fit your request I think.
Yeah i watched it and i really liked it!
InsaneX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 09:52   Link #13
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
have you tried this one yet
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6746/Durarara!!

or this one
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5177/Denpa_teki_na_Kanojo
__________________
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 10:00   Link #14
InsaneX3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
have you tried this one yet
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6746/Durarara!!
I did heard about this anime but never gave it a chance. Is it like Baccano? I think i will watch it after i watched the other suggestions!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
I watched the first OVA and i like it so far! (1080p for this one, really amazing!)
InsaneX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 10:07   Link #15
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
drrr has the same feeling as baccano


I enjoyed all 3
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9919/Ao_no_Exorcist
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10721/Mawaru_Penguindrum
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6547/Angel_Beats!/userrecs

for new stuff airing this fall check out blast of tempest, psycho pass
__________________

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-11-26 at 10:33.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 15:12   Link #16
Chandela
Straight Chillin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere nice and quiet.
Send a message via Skype™ to Chandela
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneX3 View Post
I did heard about this anime but never gave it a chance. Is it like Baccano? I think i will watch it after i watched the other suggestions!

Edit:

I watched the first OVA and i like it so far! (1080p for this one, really amazing!)
Baccano! and Durarara!! were written by the same person. Although I recommend Baccano! over Durarara!! in terms of what you are looking for, both however are quite good.
__________________
Chandela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 16:27   Link #17
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Yeh, give it a try. The ending of episode 3 was not what I expected and things just started to get grimmer from then on.

Glad you liked Ghost Hunt, it is one of my faves

I actually will second Rainbow series. It is not action heavy though but dark/sad theme wise it's strong.
Mario is a great and inspirational character. Especially towards the end.


Actually I also want to add Shiki to my recommendation list. It has a slow start but series are dark and towards the end it really explodes.
Doctor Ozaki is the kind of character you are looking for.
Real enjoyment starts in second half.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 20:50   Link #18
ProDigit
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nowhere..
Age: 34
Berserk, Tokyo Babylon, Urotsukidōji, Devil Man, Bastard, I suppose Tokyo Majin as well, Dragonball series, Bleach, Blue Gender, ... I've seen so many that my mind won't recall all of them
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 20:56   Link #19
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneX3 View Post
snipped...
Note, Madoka is written by the same guy who wrote Fate/Zero and Psycho Pass. Childishness is the last thing I would use to describe it......
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 21:13   Link #20
ProDigit
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nowhere..
Age: 34
Well, Fate Stay zero was kind of childish if you ask me!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.