AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-25, 21:44   Link #3381
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
In this case, reason wouldn't matter. Sanity is sanity, even if they regain it because someone is chasing them with a giant mallet.
Not from where I am standing. GOP's current stance is that "their policies are fine, they just have bad PR."

In short, they learned nothing from Romney. That voters aren't interested in skin deep complements, they want their needs covered.

The "pledge" was silly to begin with. And the fact that they stuck with it for so long is proof enough that they were always insane. Trying to act sane isn't going to be any more successful than Romney trying to pretend to be middle-class.

(On that note, recent news about Romney showed that he has gone back to being a normal human being. I am starting to think that the GOP actually drives their own candidates to insanity. Which is bad news ofcourse; it means it doesn't matter who they field, the results would be the same.)
__________________

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-11-25 at 22:02.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-11-25, 23:10   Link #3382
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
(On that note, recent news about Romney showed that he has gone back to being a normal human being. I am starting to think that the GOP actually drives their own candidates to insanity. Which is bad news ofcourse; it means it doesn't matter who they field, the results would be the same.)
Maybe for some but I can think of few ''individuals'' than were wacko even without being into the GOP.
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2012-11-26, 00:33   Link #3383
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Maybe for some but I can think of few ''individuals'' than were wacko even without being into the GOP.
There are wackos in any political party. What makes it different in the GOP is that it seems they force even the sane members of the party to play the insanity game.

That was apparently what happened to McClain, who was once a moderate. I do wonder if that was GOP's idea of attracting the undecided; find a moderate who could have attracted those voters, then force them to say crazy things they don't believe in, in order to get nomination.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-11-26, 06:02   Link #3384
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
"Fiscal cliff" talks stalled but progress possible
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A80WV20121126
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2012-11-26, 06:57   Link #3385
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
"Fiscal cliff" talks stalled but progress possible
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A80WV20121126
The President can call the bluff. GOP can't win, they instead have to decide how to minimise the damage.

At this point I believe a large chunk of the population is actually prepared for the leap off the cliff. Even though most won't enjoy the pain, most would be ready to accept it as pain they had to have.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-11-26, 13:40   Link #3386
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
The GOP aren't the only ones who are bat-shit crazy.



Historically, leaders who form a cult of personality are usually the most horrible individuals to ever live.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Old 2012-11-26, 13:56   Link #3387
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
I'm pretty sure Obama didn't force anyone to praise him as their lord and savior, unlike North Korea...
__________________
synaesthetic is offline  
Old 2012-11-26, 14:06   Link #3388
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah. Did he create any kind of national holiday in his own honor? Name public buildings after himself? Use public funds (or, indeed, any funds) to erect statues to his own glory?

If not, then I think we can take his worship as something a few nutjobs do. Kinda like the other side of the coin of the guys calling him the anti-Christ.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2012-11-26, 14:56   Link #3389
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
I wonder if FDR has that sort of following. He did have much larger victories, and was elected for four terms.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2012-11-26, 16:06   Link #3390
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
2012 National Popular Vote Tracker: Overall Obama/Romney Vote Shares, 2012 (Includes Third Party Votes)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...any=true#gid=0
Oh the irony, Romney endded with 47% of the vote...
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2012-11-26, 21:22   Link #3391
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
The GOP aren't the only ones who are bat-shit crazy.

Historically, leaders who form a cult of personality are usually the most horrible individuals to ever live.
Then again this is all balanced out by the GOP calling Obama everything short of the Devil. (And even then, I am not so sure they haven't...)

As for "Cult of Personality", that's the kind of talk China used to describe their own leaders. Guess that's one more step Chimerica is fusing.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-11-26, 22:04   Link #3392
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Then again this is all balanced out by the GOP calling Obama everything short of the Devil. (And even then, I am not so sure they haven't...)
Probably not by the GOP officials but it wouldn't be surprising than some of the nutjob GOP candidate for Congress/gouvernor/Senate did call it that way or at least the Anti-Christ .
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2012-11-26, 22:23   Link #3393
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Then again this is all balanced out by the GOP calling Obama everything short of the Devil. (And even then, I am not so sure they haven't...)


As for "Cult of Personality", that's the kind of talk China used to describe their own leaders. Guess that's one more step Chimerica is fusing.
Oh, the GOP has their nutjobs to be sure, but you ladies and gents cover them thoroughly, so I try to balance out the discussion with the clowns from the other side.

When you start replacing the national symbolism with your own, you've started down the path of a personality cult.

Take the "Obama Flag" for example:
http://nj1015.com/controversial-obam...-in-lumberton/



It's not like this flag was homemade. On the contrary, this was one of two flags (I know of) that were available from the Obama campaign for 2012.
The other was quitely put to rest after criticism was leveled against it and rightfully so.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ated_flag.html

Therefore I think at this point it's safe to say that Obama is generating a cult of personality, and that is a dangerous thing.

I don't see things getting much better in the forseeable future either.
When pravda publishes an article called "Obama's Soviet Mistake", you know we're in trouble.
On this side of the pond we've officially gone mad.
We actually have professor's claiming that Stalin wasn't responsible for the millions of deaths he himself bragged about.
It's mind numbing to see this kind of brainwashing/quackademia spewing from a man at a lecturn in front of a whole crowd of students that don't know any better.



Hehehehe, this is so true.

__________________

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2012-11-27 at 01:49.
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Old 2012-11-27, 02:48   Link #3394
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Such flags aren't that rare.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2012-11-27, 04:20   Link #3395
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Oh, the GOP has their nutjobs to be sure, but you ladies and gents cover them thoroughly, so I try to balance out the discussion with the clowns from the other side.

When you start replacing the national symbolism with your own, you've started down the path of a personality cult.

Take the "Obama Flag" for example:
http://nj1015.com/controversial-obam...-in-lumberton/



It's not like this flag was homemade. On the contrary, this was one of two flags (I know of) that were available from the Obama campaign for 2012.
The other was quitely put to rest after criticism was leveled against it and rightfully so.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ated_flag.html

Therefore I think at this point it's safe to say that Obama is generating a cult of personality, and that is a dangerous thing.
Hey, the more the GOP portray Obama as a Muslim Atheist Communist Nazi Jew, the more likely people would think he has magical powers. How could anything short of a supernatural entity be able to hold all these contradictory identities?

For Obama to be all these things, he had to be more than human. As far as Democrats are concerned, Obama is just a man. But for the GOP he is much, much greater than that. Why else would the entire Republican party fought so hard to remove him to the detriment of the country? How could he possibly be a normal man, if he isn't treated like one by his enemies?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-11-27, 05:26   Link #3396
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
When you start replacing the national symbolism with your own, you've started down the path of a personality cult.

Take the "Obama Flag" for example:
http://nj1015.com/controversial-obam...-in-lumberton/



It's not like this flag was homemade. On the contrary, this was one of two flags (I know of) that were available from the Obama campaign for 2012.
The other was quitely put to rest after criticism was leveled against it and rightfully so.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ated_flag.html

Therefore I think at this point it's safe to say that Obama is generating a cult of personality, and that is a dangerous thing.


I'm becoming more and more alarmed from your posts in this thread since the (shocking ) outcome of the election, that how closely you are starting to sound like Flying^ now a days. It's a shame really cause you do (or used to) read decent at times. I really hope you don't believe all those crap you wrote above cause I'm pretty sure it won't be too hard to find out for yourself that the flag phenomenon isn't unique to Obama only. And besides Bush Jr. was a much bigger cult figure in his days in the office than Obama ever was or will be.

Bleh.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2012-11-27, 05:38   Link #3397
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post


I'm becoming more and more alarmed from your posts in this thread since the (shocking ) outcome of the election, that how closely you are starting to sound like Flying^ now a days. It's a shame really cause you do (or used to) read decent at times. I really hope you don't believe all those crap you wrote above cause I'm pretty sure it won't be too hard to find out for yourself that the flag phenomenon isn't unique to Obama only. And besides Bush Jr. was a much bigger cult figure in his days in the office than Obama ever was or will be.

Bleh.
Not to mention that Obama only has 4 more years to go. It is a bit unhealthy to assume Obama IS the Democrat leader like he is some sort of eternal king. There is no point arguing about cult of personality when term limits are in place. Obama will be replaced, that much is certain. The GOP should worry more about finding a leader of their own rather than worry about Obama, when he will one day leave anyway.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-11-27, 07:42   Link #3398
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Yet given the slant of this thread, I find that rather amusing.
A few of us disagree with the current state of affairs and voice our opinions. Only to be silenced by the followers of the "entitlement" crowd. Fascinating!
No one is being silenced. In fact I am curious about the argument that Obama is somehow dangerous just because he is being shrouded in myth that the GOP help construct.

Does GundamFan0083b think Obama is going to declare himself Emperor? (Which at least one Republican I met anonymously online seriously believed....)

What exactly is he so scared of?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2012-11-27, 09:58   Link #3399
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Only to be silenced by the followers of the "entitlement" crowd. Fascinating!
When you toss out GOP talking points and sound bits like "entitlement", then yes, you should be silenced by fact and logic. Calling things like Social Security and Medicare "entitlements" would be akin to calling getting a paycheck after working an "entitlement". You think you should actually be paid for working when it was agreed upon previously that you would be paid for working? How greedy you are!
GDB is offline  
Old 2012-11-27, 12:23   Link #3400
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Hey, the more the GOP portray Obama as a Muslim Atheist Communist Nazi Jew, the more likely people would think he has magical powers. How could anything short of a supernatural entity be able to hold all these contradictory identities?
Yes, some of the GOP are off their rocker with the labeling of Obama.
However, not all the labels are wrong.
The man has proven his corporatism, and a willful disregard for the constitution, but not any more or less than Bush or any other previous President since Lincoln.
The major difference is the attitude among the left that any criticism of this president is "racist", "crazy", "fringe", or otherwise illicit.
Take this idiot Teacher for example. She illustrates my point about the cult of personality when she claims it is illegal to criticize Obama simply because he's the President.



The student is correct of course, no President is above criticism or ridicule.


Quote:
For Obama to be all these things, he had to be more than human. As far as Democrats are concerned, Obama is just a man. But for the GOP he is much, much greater than that. Why else would the entire Republican party fought so hard to remove him to the detriment of the country? How could he possibly be a normal man, if he isn't treated like one by his enemies?
Yes I know, they think he's the anti-Christ.

To me Obama is a puppet, just like Bush Jr. in his elitism (the nose in the air thing bugs me), and in his commitment to helping WallStreet yet claiming he wants to help "mainstreet."
Obama has repeatedly said one thing yet does another since he got into office.

Hell, even Cornel West sees this (though I disagree with much of what he preaches, on Obama we tend to agree):



He understands what's happening, and that Obama isn't doing anything to stop it.
In fact, Obama has accelerated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post


I'm becoming more and more alarmed from your posts in this thread since the (shocking ) outcome of the election, that how closely you are starting to sound like Flying^ now a days. It's a shame really cause you do (or used to) read decent at times. I really hope you don't believe all those crap you wrote above cause I'm pretty sure it won't be too hard to find out for yourself that the flag phenomenon isn't unique to Obama only. And besides Bush Jr. was a much bigger cult figure in his days in the office than Obama ever was or will be.

Bleh.
Sound more like you dislike dissent against Dear Leader, which is alarming in and of itself.

The fact is Obama has done nothing to roll back the police state that Bush Jr. started.
In fact he has only expanded it with more power (NDAA), drones over american cities, expansion of TSA outside of airports, expanded wiretapping, arms smuggling (Fast and Furious), massive expansion of the national debt, expanding entitlements (that's what they're called legally so if someone doesn't like that, too bad), and now lowering the standard of living through inflation via Ben Bernancke's out of control spending.

Add these facts to the actions of some people elevating Obama to a state of "demi-godhood" (with flags, statements like Jamie Fox made, claims that he can't be criticized, etc.) and it paints a very disturbing picture.

If flying sees this as well, then he's right in his observations, and he's far from the only one.
Though, I'm pretty sure he doesn't share my position in regards to Obama and Romney.

As I've said so many times, I'm not interested in the propaganda from either side, I'm interested in the truth, and the truth tends to piss everybody off.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.