AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 21
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 12 12.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 27 28.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 22 23.16%
7 out of 10 : Good... 13 13.68%
6 out of 10 : Average... 9 9.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 6 6.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 6 6.32%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-26, 23:00   Link #201
Dawnstorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Why? Because this:
Actually, I think the most plausible reason would be that, if the scientists leave, so does the card. She really can't rely on them forgetting it there, can she?
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 23:26   Link #202
molitar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
The sprint for the console was a dumb move because it was in plain view of the scientist. She should of kept crouched and semi ran to it in one of the other aisles out of view of the scientist. They must have noticed her pretty quickly sprinting in there peripheral vision as they did not move very fast so must of started moving toward her almost immediately.

That console was quite far away so if she would of snuck closer too it than she would of had time to get logged out. Captivity really seems to have dulled her thinking there.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 23:39   Link #203
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
This episode was really good...but those goddamn slugs unleashed my wrath.

DAMN YOU, SLUGS.

Hmm it's supposed to snow here soon. Think I'll go steal a salt truck.....=w=
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 12:52   Link #204
halibonga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: toronto
so i m sure most of u saw the infamous SAO reaction videos made by DragonisMarch on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/user/DraconisMarch

HAVE to watch all of them lol, was laughing uncontrollably the whole time, this dude is a national treasure, he must REALLY love/hate this show
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:07   Link #205
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
He just said that Asuna could have at least tried to use them. Wings usually exist for a reason.
But it's not like that it would have changed anything if she could fly anyway.
The problem, again, is how could she even TRY to use them if she doesn't know how they work?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:10   Link #206
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
slightly off topic

if given a choice anyone else want to play as a Tentacle Monster in a VR Game
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:11   Link #207
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
If they work at all where she is. I don't think they're supposed to work indoors. It's debatable whether the surroundings of her cage count.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:18   Link #208
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Yeah, but ignoring any "no fly zone" rules. If no one tells Asuna how to fly, how can she fly? Because I can't think of any way to fly without knowing how it works.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:26   Link #209
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Focus on the muscles of your back and hope for the best. (Including hoping the Nervgear's brain frying on character death function's been disabled...) It's not entirely unintuitive, but it'd have to work where she is when she tries it. And she'd probably crash anyway.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:27   Link #210
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Kirito had to open the menu just to enable assisted flight if I remember correctly, and I doubt Asuna can even open hers.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:29   Link #211
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Not even that, Kirito had to have Aura Yui explain the gesture for the assist controller. And he needed Leefa's explanation for unassisted flight.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 15:10   Link #212
Dauerlutscher
I never asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The problem, again, is how could she even TRY to use them if she doesn't know how they work?
The problem (if we can all it that way) was that she has not even tried and not that she could not try. It just never crossed her mind.
It's nitpicking, i know. It just something i find a little irritating, because everyone would have at least tried to use them somehow.
I mean, imagine that you got wings, how likely do you think it would be that you would completely ignore them?
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 15:22   Link #213
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
If someone like Sugou was the one who gave me wings, I probably wouldn't even bother.

In any case, Asuna's been there for over 2 months already, so who knows what all she has and hasn't tried. (It's not like SAO is any stranger to having stuff happen offscreen. =P)
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 15:39   Link #214
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
The problem (if we can all it that way) was that she has not even tried and not that she could not try. It just never crossed her mind.
It's nitpicking, i know. It just something i find a little irritating, because everyone would have at least tried to use them somehow.
I mean, imagine that you got wings, how likely do you think it would be that you would completely ignore them?
Again, what possible good would flying do her if she's trying not to be seen...? Now is not the time to be like "oh cool, I have wings, I wonder if I can use them?" It's not like she'd blend in to all the other (non-existent) people flying above the world tree...
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 16:32   Link #215
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
The problem (if we can all it that way) was that she has not even tried and not that she could not try. It just never crossed her mind.
It's nitpicking, i know. It just something i find a little irritating, because everyone would have at least tried to use them somehow.
I mean, imagine that you got wings, how likely do you think it would be that you would completely ignore them?
I'm sorry, I don't really get this argument. How can you even TRY to use them if you haven't the slightest clue how?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 16:42   Link #216
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
If you try to fly without knowing how. You'll fall, especially not knowing how long you can fly. Even if Asuna knew how to fly somehow, she wouldn't know how long she could fly. Maybe she has unlimited flight which is good, but not knowing how to fly. Or especially how ALO works is like being stuck in a desert with your winter uniform on.

Also, if she did sneak away somehow. How would she escape Sugou's inevitable GM powers? Her best bet was to try to log out, but the timing itself wasn't the best. Or she just wasn't fast enough.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 17:07   Link #217
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
The problem (if we can all it that way) was that she has not even tried and not that she could not try. It just never crossed her mind.
It's nitpicking, i know. It just something i find a little irritating, because everyone would have at least tried to use them somehow.
I mean, imagine that you got wings, how likely do you think it would be that you would completely ignore them?
Imagine someone stuck cardboard wings to your back. Would you try them?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 17:25   Link #218
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Fun fact: So far every player in this game lack wings when they're not in flight. They only appear when the player wills them to. Asuna's wings remain on her person regardless of what state she's in. It's entirely possible that the wings are just for show or are a part of her current outfit; some games add pointless wing attachments like that.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 19:01   Link #219
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
The Fairy King has his wings out constantly. So I'm just going to assume Asuna has permanent wing flight limit. Since Sugou thinks he can win her over, and eventually have her tag along with his plans.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 21:37   Link #220
Insane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Age: 18
The players hide their wings or make them transparent for convenience when not in flight mode. As for why sugou still have his wings on perhaps because he's clueless about how they work in the first place. He may be the Fairy King, the highest-ranking GM, but it' entirely possible that he's just an evil idiot who happens to possess absolute authority in ALO realm with no single clue about how they work in the first place and leave all the headaches to his men.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.