AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-11-25, 22:59   Link #81
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Probably Kaidou as well.

There is speculation on the web that Doflamingo's artificial devil fruits could be a way of controlling the minds of the people who have eaten it. This would fit Doffy's puppeteer theme and power of controlling people's actions as well as his ambitious personality and underhanded way of doing things. Taking over a Yonkou's territory by controlling his own zoan army would change the world.. maybe that is what Doflamingo meant when he said that he would usher in a new age, the age of Smiles. Perhaps Doflamingo is doing this in cooperation with the World Government, as I see Akainu being far more pro-active in the fight against piracy then Sengoku was.

That is another reason why I can not see Kaidou being the one targeted by Doflamingo and the World Government. We have seen too little of him, and he is too big of a character to be eliminated off screen.

We have already seen Luffy interact with Big Mom and we know he will fight against her in the future. Doflamingo's plan may initiate just as this is happening.

Of course this is just another possibility, but everything seems to point at Big Mom being the Yonkou in question.
Seeing as how sinister Akainu and Doflamingo are, I can definitely see them working together to take down one of the emperors. And if Doflamingo really can control the minds of those that have eaten the artificial DFs, he can indirectly eliminate that emperor (he wouldn't have to get himself directly involved in a fight). Seems to be the most efficient way of dealing with a major threat. Akainu also wouldn't have to expend any of the marines' resources in such a scenario either, so it's a win-win situation for both of them.

And like Aohige said before, I can see Big Mom eventually becoming an ally of Luffy after the two of them go through some serious altercations. Doubt she'll be nothing more than a one-time enemy for the strawhats to overcome.
Old 2012-11-26, 11:28   Link #82
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Either way, the overarching plot of One Piece seldom goes in a predictable manner. So while it seems more likely (in my eyes) for Big Mom to be the one, we can't entirely rule out Kaidou.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 04:47   Link #83
golgo13

Quote:
There is speculation on the web that Doflamingo's artificial devil fruits could be a way of controlling the minds of the people who have eaten it. This would fit Doffy's puppeteer theme and power of controlling people's actions as well as his ambitious personality and underhanded way of doing things. Taking over a Yonkou's territory by controlling his own zoan army would change the world.. maybe that is what Doflamingo meant when he said that he would usher in a new age, the age of Smiles. Perhaps Doflamingo is doing this in cooperation with the World Government, as I see Akainu being far more pro-active in the fight against piracy then Sengoku was.
The whole Doflamingo mind controls all the zoans is a bit far fetched. There are some open questions, what is Donflamingos fruit? why did mononosuke see Donflamingo in a flashback? I do think he has something else up his sleeve, he always seem to.

Crazy idea: big moms crew suggested using zoan army because they taste funny and big mom will not eat them or maybe opposite? hehe.
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 09:29   Link #84
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
The whole Doflamingo mind controls all the zoans is a bit far fetched. There are some open questions, what is Donflamingos fruit? why did mononosuke see Donflamingo in a flashback? I do think he has something else up his sleeve, he always seem to.
Not to mention it's over-powered even for him. For starters, Doflamingo has only shown himself to control one person's body at a time. What, exactly, about the properties of an artificial zoan fruit would allow him to control someone's mind as well? So it's obvious that there are limits to his haxness. It also seems like those with exceptional strength cannot be fully controlled like a puppet. In the war, Doflamingo only managed to stop Jozu in his tracks from hitting Crocodile. And unlike Doffy's previous victims, Jozu kept his composure and looked like he didn't really give a shit. That being said, there definitely are ways to circumvent or at least mitigate the effects of Doflamingo's fruit.
Old 2012-11-27, 11:28   Link #85
The Small One

BTW, was it even said, that Doflamingo is a fruits user? If so, when?
Maybe his power is just something different.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 11:59   Link #86
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It isn't explicitly stated what his powers are. Only that he seems to be able to control people and cut off a leg by moving his fingers.

I'd be surprised if Oda does a "pappug can talk because he thought he was human when young" type move with Donflamingo's powers and comes up with some different explanation. Likely he is a paramecia user with string-string or wire-wire. We may find out sooner than later!
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 12:17   Link #87
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
I think it's a pupeteer fruit, Would fit his persona.
Old 2012-11-27, 12:31   Link #88
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Do you need everything spelled out for you to draw conclusions from the manga?
Old 2012-11-27, 13:19   Link #89
The Small One

Quote:
Do you need everything spelled out for you to draw conclusions from the manga?
Well, isn't it possible, that he manipulates invisible strings by using some sort of unknown power? Or maybe by using Haki.

Not every unknown power in the manga is based on devil fruits. We have Rokushiki-users, and also this strange power, one of CP9 was using to manipulate his hair.

There are quite some possibilities, so unless it was said he is a fruit user, we shouldn't assume so.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 17:44   Link #90
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post

Well, how about we turn this question around: Was it ever said that he wasn't a fruit user? Frankly, almost every warlord we were introduced to had a fruit power, so I see no reason to exclude Dofla from that list. Why bother doubting Occam's Razor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Either way, the overarching plot of One Piece seldom goes in a predictable manner.

I used to believe this once myself, but after some predictions I made during the arcs leading up to Marineford turned out to come true (particularly Whitebeard being killed by Teach), I realized that OP isn't as unpredictable as I once thought. Not to say that it doesn't surprise me any more, but just that I no longer find it impossible to predict future plot details.

Actually, this kind of ties in with my above response to The Small One. Just because a villain wasn't confirmed to have a fruit power doesn't mean that we can't reason out the possibility he does, right? I see nothing wrong with a story being predictable, since execution should be what matters the most, I think.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 02:46   Link #91
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, for one, I didn't say One Piece was -never- predictable. And with the rise of the internet, the extremely genre-savvy increase in number as well. The question is, could a mere mortal have predicted all of that?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 02:51   Link #92
marvelB

Putting the previous talks aside for now, new spoilers are out! Better get em' while they're still fresh!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote