AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 16:33   Link #1721
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
I would have to agree that bring back the Fullbringers was the biggest shock of all. I recognized the back of the ‘clock/time control’ Fullbringer. I was pretty sure he got sliced in half, quite easily I might add by Kenpachi, but I have to remember that most characters in this series don't die. Even if they are almost completely forgettable. Hopefully this time around he will be stronger instead of cannon fodder.
At first I was shocked. But then I realized that these guys could actually afford to get killed without getting completely cut from the plot. Afterall, since they were alive during the fullbring arc, their death would only mean they can continue to remain relevant as souls. Though it'll be interesting to see what excuse Kubo provides to explain how they'll retain their fullbring abilities (if at all). I mean, one would think that they should've lost their hollow-based abilities upon having their souls be cleansed at the time of their death.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:07   Link #1722
The Small One

I just wonder why the ex-fullbringers are training for SS.
Okay, they may be dead now, but weren't they enemies of SS? IMHO it would make more sense for them trying to become allies of the Vandenreich.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:08   Link #1723
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Wait, so the "Doll House" Fullbringer girl didn't die? It seemed like she tried to suicide after she was treated.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:29   Link #1724
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Wait, so the "Doll House" Fullbringer girl didn't die? It seemed like she tried to suicide after she was treated.
If you look closely at the final page of chapter 479, a ring appears under her foot as she steps off the edge. In hindsight, this means that she actually just ended up using the fullbring equivalent to shunpo or sonido (Kangen Hikari/Bringer Light) to leave the area. She didn't jump off the edge of the building to her death afterall.
Old 2012-11-28, 17:31   Link #1725
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Cameo as hell chap. We knew about Grimm already but I'm also glad Tsuku and Mr.Shoe Salesman Ginjou are back.
Old 2012-11-28, 18:05   Link #1726
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

I don't remember a lot of Bleach's elements about the dead. Yeah, I remember that people that die (as long as a Shinigami guided you) will go to SS. But, now, can Shuu-chan and Ginjo become Shinigami or they will stay forever in the Rukongai?
Old 2012-11-28, 18:55   Link #1727
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Tsukushima Shuukurou.
Old 2012-11-28, 19:40   Link #1728
Expendable GM Pilot

Why would Ichigo going up to meet the Spirit King make Kukaku's Uncle sad? Have we met this Uncle person before?
Expendable GM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:54   Link #1729
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable GM Pilot View Post
Why would Ichigo going up to meet the Spirit King make Kukaku's Uncle sad? Have we met this Uncle person before?
you know I think everyone will agree with me when I say that the uncle Kukaku and Ganjou is Ishin
Old 2012-11-28, 20:59   Link #1730
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I just wonder why the ex-fullbringers are training for SS.
Okay, they may be dead now, but weren't they enemies of SS? IMHO it would make more sense for them trying to become allies of the Vandenreich.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but..., souls in Bleach don't have memories of when they were alive...or they shouldn't. We saw Rukia and Renji as children and they had only talked about life from when they were children in Rukongai, poor people at that.

Of course the counter to that is the boy from episode 4/chapter 6 or so...the boy that was sealed in a parrot. When the group arrived in Soul Society the first time, Chad met the boy again and the boy remembered him... so... hm.

I'm more irked that the Fullbringers still have their clothes from when they were alive...it's as if they never left =P
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 21:01   Link #1731
kiki san

This time Ginjou will be the last man standing.
kiki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 21:37   Link #1732
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Knwoing Kubo Ishida will probably appear during the final battle.
Old 2012-11-28, 21:59   Link #1733
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
We saw Rukia and Renji as children and they had only talked about life from when they were children in Rukongai, poor people at that.
I don't recall anyone ever claiming that Souls sent to SS didn't retain their memories from their time in the living world. Rukia was killed and sent to SS as a baby. So her memories would naturally only be limited to her time in the afterlife since she was brought up there for as long as she could remember. And we don't know enough about Renji's life (prior to the point where he met Rukia) to know roughly how old he was before he arrived in Soul Society. He could've been a baby as well when it happened. But even if Renji did have some memories of his time in the living world, we weren't really shown a situation where he'd necessarily need to talk about it.

So to sum it up, the reason why we've only seen Renji and Rukia talk about their life from when they were children in Rukongai is likely because they either were too young to remember their time in the living realm, their lives in the living realm were to irrelevant to talk about, or a combination of both.

Still, having stated that, I stand open for correction.
Old 2012-11-28, 22:26   Link #1734
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
At first I was shocked. But then I realized that these guys could actually afford to get killed without getting completely cut from the plot. Afterall, since they were alive during the fullbring arc, their death would only mean they can continue to remain relevant as souls.
I realized that too. Which has explained a nagging questioned of mine—what would happen to Ichigo if he actually died—he just end back up in SS.
Quote:
Though it'll be interesting to see what excuse Kubo provides to explain how they'll retain their fullbring abilities (if at all). I mean, one would think that they should've lost their hollow-based abilities upon having their souls be cleansed at the time of their death.
I could see them somehow using their hollow-powers. It’s not like their hollow side is completely removed because of a kanso. It’s just cleansed. I think that if they trained hard enough and concentrated on that aspect of their soul, they could probably reawaken that side of their being—though their powers would probably be different, if not enhanced for plot convenience later on. I'm not saying I can explain this well, and I doubt when the time comes Kubo will either. It will probably be one of those moments we'll just have to accept, shrug off, and nit pick something else that's little more offensive and trollish, granted if there is one at the time.
Old 2012-11-29, 00:11   Link #1735
Expendable GM Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
you know I think everyone will agree with me when I say that the uncle Kukaku and Ganjou is Ishin
Even if he is Isshin why would Ichigo meeting the Spirit King make him sad. Shouldn't meeting the Spirit King be an honor?
Expendable GM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 00:23   Link #1736
peachfuzz

Should Ichigo be happy meeting the Spirit King but I'm getting the feeling it will suck
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 00:34   Link #1737
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Even if he is Isshin why would Ichigo meeting the Spirit King make him sad. Shouldn't meeting the Spirit King be an honor?
I really do not know but for the Ishin made ​​that their uncle would I think that's it, if not then I do not see who else Kukaku could speak...
Old 2012-11-29, 00:52   Link #1738
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I don't recall anyone ever claiming that Souls sent to SS didn't retain their memories from their time in the living world. Rukia was killed and sent to SS as a baby. So her memories would naturally only be limited to her time in the afterlife since she was brought up there for as long as she could remember. And we don't know enough about Renji's life (prior to the point where he met Rukia) to know roughly how old he was before he arrived in Soul Society. He could've been a baby as well when it happened. But even if Renji did have some memories of his time in the living world, we weren't really shown a situation where he'd necessarily need to talk about it.

So to sum it up, the reason why we've only seen Renji and Rukia talk about their life from when they were children in Rukongai is likely because they either were too young to remember their time in the living realm, their lives in the living realm were to irrelevant to talk about, or a combination of both.

Still, having stated that, I stand open for correction.
That parakeet that Chad saved remembered him, so yes souls can remember their time in the living world.

As for the fullbringers, I suppose they'll have zanpakutou that match their Fullbrings.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 02:13   Link #1739
The Small One

Quote:
Actually, when this one royal guard appeared with all those wounded to transfer them to the palace, I had this bad impression, that maybe the spirit king lives by eating souls of powerful Shinigami and that's what they were needed for.

But I'm really interessted to see how the story goes on now.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 07:14   Link #1740
archer_shirou01

Quote:
"uncle" Isshin would be sad because he prolly doesnt want Ichigo to fight and risk his life anymore and going to the Royal Palace will only mean more hardships for Ichigo .And he prolly doesnt want another of his son to die just like Kaien (considering that their relatives and such)
Thats why Urahara told him to do what he wants and dont let others influence his decision so he wont regret it in the future .

Or maybe because "uncle" Isshin had some bad memories being one of the Royal Guards(or even much higher ranking than that , if there ever is one )

And the Soul King could really be a loli or the likes , considering the attitudes/traits of those that protect him/her (the Royal Guards) are quite unique and messed up .

And probably why those dead fullbringers are training in SS , is because maybe their memories got wiped out because they got killed by Soul Reapers(as an effect of being killed by those zanpakutos).

Tags
bleach, chapter