AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-28, 20:44   Link #61
kiki san
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
i would much rather hear naruto shout about being hokage than see him fanboy sasuke again.
kiki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 21:00   Link #62
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
There have been fan theories for years that Sasuke and Naruto would team up to beat Madara. Including the one theory alluding to Kublai Khan's invasion of Japan and how he was stopped by typhoons which point to naruto and sasukes chakra nature.
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 23:02   Link #63
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Oh! The friendly fodder arrived just in time to die.
Somehow I agree exceot Kakashi knows how to use Kamui... But Madara is there.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 23:10   Link #64
Midnight Commander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Command center, the ship's bridge
This chapter was somewhat better than the last couple, but I'm growing tired of this confrontation and hope it wraps up really soon. I would really like to get to some more actual content and plot; especially when the story finally switches over to Orochimaru and Sasuke. I feel that sub-plot has a great amount of potential and opportunity to introduce something very excitinng and simulaing as opposed to this this "great ninja war" which I consider to be a nearly complete let-down --I only really enjoyed Madara and Tobi's airtime. I really enjoyed the Tobi story, but it would've been much more enjoyable if it could be read in it's entirety, like Kakashi's story. These chapters really feel too short; it takes an entire chapter for him to do something like kill fodder ninja in a forest and officially accept a new ideology. It was a nice read, but frustrating to go through it in such small parts.

There has been alot of action this arc, yet what I find myself missing right now is actual plot content, such as Itachi turning out to be a double agent, or Tobi's suspensful story telling flashbacks full of dialogue and interesting information. I really hope Kishimoto will provide such elements when the story finally switches over from this giant monster fight; indeed, we should even expect as much from the ones who "know all" shouldn't we?

...Though unfortunately after contemplating the last few dozen chapters, I feel I am expecting too much. It is very frustrating to see such a great story full of potential go to waste though.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 00:29   Link #65
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
This chapter was somewhat better than the last couple, but I'm growing tired of this confrontation and hope it wraps up really soon. I would really like to get to some more actual content and plot; especially when the story finally switches over to Orochimaru and Sasuke. I feel that sub-plot has a great amount of potential and opportunity to introduce something very excitinng and simulaing as opposed to this this "great ninja war" which I consider to be a nearly complete let-down --I only really enjoyed Madara and Tobi's airtime. I really enjoyed the Tobi story, but it would've been much more enjoyable if it could be read in it's entirety, like Kakashi's story. These chapters really feel too short; it takes an entire chapter for him to do something like kill fodder ninja in a forest and officially accept a new ideology. It was a nice read, but frustrating to go through it in such small parts.
The entire Sasuke sub-plot is a stall until his redemption. Kishi had two paths for Sasuke. Sasuke could finally accept Itachi's ideology after the umpteenth time speaking with him and go help Naruto against the bad guys. Or he could have him reject Itachi for the last time and take up Madara and Obito's vision for the world.

Instead he dragged Orochimaru back so he could have Sasuke play detective getting to the bottom of questions we already sort of know the answers to. I don't think it will be as exciting or interesting as you are expecting. It is just something so Sasuke can be featured without affecting the war and engaging with Naruto for now.

I can understand why Kishi wants to develop Sasuke. He couldn't stay a raving lunatic that wants to destroy Konoha. But there is really little he can do with him. He entered the war looking extremely sinister with the tagline saying he "would bring carnage to the battlefield." Then he immediately bumped into Itachi and acted like a normal 16 year old kid for most of the Kabuto fight. Now he wants to go on a vision quest. I believe Kishi knows where he wants Sasuke at the end. The troubling part is how do you get him there without it looking like an asspull?

Monster fights suck when they are fighting other monsters. At least there are finally different characters. It got boring because we kept seeing the same six characters over and over again. Nothing could progress. And Obito's story was a total let-down. Now at least with the Alliance there we can move the main plot along and actually see some character development, destruction, and pathos. No more distractions. Outside of the Tsunade/Kage sub plot.
__________________

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2012-11-29 at 00:46.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 01:07   Link #66
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Truthfully, I am expecting Tobi to start the Matrix sometime soon only for Naruto or Sasuke (or for a twist, Sakura or Hinata) to break the illusion and end Tobi's plans permanently. Then the fight can finally reach its crescendo.

That being said, the army arriving is not only uninteresting to me (how Ino was able to divert the Jyuubi's blow is still mind boggling), but it is tactically stupid. They are fighting a monster that can destroy everything around it (for miles?) with relative ease, so there immediate formation is to literally group together in one place so that the Jyuubi (or Madara) can kill them all at once...it's just stupid. If they wanted to help, they should summon all the summon beasts and try to get them to make some sort of opening for Naruto and Kirabi. Otherwise, they are simply in the way and easy pickings for the Jyuubi.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 01:37   Link #67
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
The entire Sasuke sub-plot is a stall until his redemption. Kishi had two paths for Sasuke. Sasuke could finally accept Itachi's ideology after the umpteenth time speaking with him and go help Naruto against the bad guys. Or he could have him reject Itachi for the last time and take up Madara and Obito's vision for the world.
Sounds like Mass Effect wheel choice
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 05:46   Link #68
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
I always find it confusing when people are complaining about stuff that hasn't even happened yet. That they don't even know is going to happen in the first place.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 06:29   Link #69
Kenu
magoi, magoi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
It's because we are so familiar with the story and characters and given their maturity we can predict with reasonable accuracy what will happen.

Kishimoto dragged out the story too long with manga filler, stuff that does not matter and reduced the economy of the story. It's become stale so to speak, but since we have invested so much of our lives into Naruto we want to know how it finishes or at least confirm our theories.

It's not only the end goal but the execution. Sometimes these chapters are well written but more often they lack the dynamism and excitement of what first drew us into Naruto.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 08:00   Link #70
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
It's because we are so familiar with the story and characters and given their maturity we can predict with reasonable accuracy what will happen.

Kishimoto dragged out the story too long with manga filler, stuff that does not matter and reduced the economy of the story. It's become stale so to speak, but since we have invested so much of our lives into Naruto we want to know how it finishes or at least confirm our theories.

It's not only the end goal but the execution. Sometimes these chapters are well written but more often they lack the dynamism and excitement of what first drew us into Naruto.
Yet nobody actually predicted what would happen in this chapter.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 09:13   Link #71
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Waaaait a minute... When Naruto fought Pain he told everyone to stay out of the way so he wont have to protect them, but now all these fodders that needed to be protected are somehow the ultimate weapon against a being that can destroy the planet. Ok.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 09:43   Link #72
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I always find it confusing when people are complaining about stuff that hasn't even happened yet. That they don't even know is going to happen in the first place.
It's a defense mechanism brought about by years of average storytelling. If we come up with the worst possibilities ahead of time, then when/if Kishimoto goes with a different option, we are pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Yet nobody actually predicted what would happen in this chapter.
Which part? Many speculated on the reentry of the alliance (specifically the Konoha 11). Many thought the Jyuubi would be revived (it is the proverbial Chekhov's Pistol after all). And the vast majority expected (though many did not want) for Obito to be Tobi.

Realistically, what has happened recently that many did not expect? The only thing I can think of is Rin being killed by Kakashi, but even then there was some speculation back when Kakashi revealed his MS that he had killed (or at least witnessed) Rin's death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Waaaait a minute... When Naruto fought Pain he told everyone to stay out of the way so he wont have to protect them, but now all these fodders that needed to be protected are somehow the ultimate weapon against a being that can destroy the planet. Ok.
Shh. Don't think about it...

Last edited by james0246; 2012-11-29 at 10:14.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 10:43   Link #73
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Waaaait a minute... When Naruto fought Pain he told everyone to stay out of the way so he wont have to protect them, but now all these fodders that needed to be protected are somehow the ultimate weapon against a being that can destroy the planet. Ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Shh. Don't think about it...
i think that difference actually makes perfect sense. when naruto spoke with edo-itachi, itachi told him that he cant do things on his own anymore or he would end up like tobi and madara. he told him to rely on others and naruto took it to heart. so now that's exactly what naruto is doing. he's embracing all the other ninja as support instead of pushing them away so he can fight on his own.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 11:37   Link #74
ChronoReverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
And the Pain episode he totally flubbed by going nine-tails. If it weren't for Minato's preparation, it would have gone all wrong.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 11:47   Link #75
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i think that difference actually makes perfect sense. when naruto spoke with edo-itachi, itachi told him that he cant do things on his own anymore or he would end up like tobi and madara. he told him to rely on others and naruto took it to heart. so now that's exactly what naruto is doing. he's embracing all the other ninja as support instead of pushing them away so he can fight on his own.
Maybe so, but 5 kage couldn't put a dent in Madara, and now Naruto is saying that a few thousand "Tentens" are gonna beat the Juubi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
And the Pain episode he totally flubbed by going nine-tails. If it weren't for Minato's preparation, it would have gone all wrong.
True, but before he let out the Kyuubi he had already lost anyway.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 11:54   Link #76
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
There have been fan theories for years that Sasuke and Naruto would team up to beat Madara. Including the one theory alluding to Kublai Khan's invasion of Japan and how he was stopped by typhoons which point to naruto and sasukes chakra nature.
How does a typhoon point towards Sasuke's fire/lightning chakra?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 11:59   Link #77
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
the other dimension doesnt exist in the real world right??

so the only thing that could defeat madara and ten tails right now is to suck them right into the other dimension using the kamui.

obito is the only one that can defeat them
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 13:32   Link #78
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Obito can't turn. At least not right now. First he has to be sufficiently proven wrong.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 13:35   Link #79
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
the other dimension doesnt exist in the real world right??

so the only thing that could defeat madara and ten tails right now is to suck them right into the other dimension using the kamui.

obito is the only one that can defeat them
He can sacrifice himself to delay Madara, by sucking them into his special dimension he would only delay Madara until Madara find out how to return to the real world. But such a move would be enough to end this war story arc and then switch to the Naruto vs Sasuke story while Madara can prepare to be the final villain.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 14:14   Link #80
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I guess the Jyuubi could tear that dimension apart and create a rip between dimensions. But I beg for Kishimoto not to use that method/idea because it's so DBZ, Bleach and whatever. In almost each shounen there is at some point someone who can do that.


Orochimaru is the one with all the experience concerning impure world resurrection. He may not be able to kill but rather bury Madara. Now that Obito is the masked man I guess everything can be expected again.

In my opinion, even if I don't like it, maybe Orochimaru and Sasuke will be made heroes of Konoha and the ninja world. I still can see Naruto get Sasuke's eyes. He would then decide to kill himself by resurrecting all the ones who have died, including Sasuke, because he would not be able to stand Sakura crying and of course he was always ready to sacrifice himself for the good of the village. His face would then be carved into that mountain in Konoha or even somewhere else. He'd be the very legend who saved the ninja world or at least was the only victim of the war.

Oh, and I'm back again.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.