AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-28, 13:28   Link #1
Genstone
Eye in Sky
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Looking for 3 Kinds of Anime (With conditions)

Hi everyone.
First of all thanks for all the time. I greatly appreciate all suggestions given to me, and I promise I'll look through each and every one of them. Thank you very much.

Now, I'm here looking for 3 kinds of anime, but I have quite some specific conditions that must be met if I were to put an anime in my to-watch list. So before I begin, let me talk about the conditions:

1) NO TSUNDERE CHARACTERS!
I hate tsundere. It turns me off big time. But that's not like extremist's kind of hate. I don't mind mild tsundere that doesn't involve physical violence (no matter how slight the violence is). As long as a character physically hits somebody tsundere-style, that character would put the entire series in danger of being deleted from my computer.

2) NO SLAPSTICK COMEDY!
I can never understand what's so funny with hitting people, even if they're meant to be comical. Some slight hitting and playing around are totally fine, but not when it gets very frequent for no apparent reason or gets unfair or worse, somebody gets hurt. Again turns me off big time.

3) NO DEMONIZATION OF MEN!
I hate anime (or any real person for that matter) with female characters assuming all males are evil and/or perverted. That's just stupid. Especially the perverted part, all too often male characters are assumed to be perverted in nature. I don't want to see any of this.

Alright. That's all for the conditions. Let's talk about what I'm looking for.

1) Slice-of-life
Aria was and still is the ultimate SoL so far. If anyone can suggest something that can beat Aria, I would like to know what it is. By the same studio, Sketchbook full color's was good as well. Tamayura is another sure-keeper. Others that I think are worthy to keep are such as Bartender, Hataraki Man (though this is slice-of-working-life), Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (slice-of-disaster-life), Yomigaeru Sora Rescue Wings (slice-of-disaster-life), Lucky Star, A-Channel, Binbou Shimai Monogatari, Binchou-tan, Hidamari Sketch, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, and probably Tetsuko no Tabi.

Please suggest the more recent SoL series, as in after 2010, or better, 2011 and beyond. I have seen a lot more SoL stuff, but if I didn't keep them, there must be some reasons, such as having violated the conditions above. But I most probably don't know much about the more recent series.

2) Fantasy
By fantasy I mean anything that can never happen or be proven in real-life, and this include everything from magic to sci-fi to superpowers to the supernatural and etc. I'm not sure if I should count Black Jack as fantasy, but I love it. Mushishi is also pretty good, and also Natsume Yuujinchou, Seirei no Moribito, Sora no Woto, Kaze no Stigma, Yozakura Quartet, Planetes, Saki, Seiken no Blacksmith, and Tegami Bachi. Of course there are others of this kind that I've watched, but you get the idea. Please suggest the more recent ones.

3) Romance and/or Ecchi
Now this part is where I'm most sensitive, as a lot of anime get on my nerves and crawl under my skin. I appreciate something like Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, because the romance in it is oh-so-cute, though I absolutely hate Nibutani Shinka as she is depicted as a tsundere. (I still decided to let this slip because her role is sort of minor.) I'm not sure if there is romance or ecchi in Little Busters! but I like it, just that some characters are inappropriately exaggerated. Other romance and/or ecchi stuff that I find acceptable or even good are Kamichu, Chocotto Sister, Midori no Hibi, Chobits, Kiss X Sis, Kobato, Chu-Bra, Koe de Oshigoto, Lamune, Naisho no Tsubomi, Seitokai Yakuindomo, and Softenni (I hate Sawanatsu Kotone for being a tsundere). Please also suggest those more recent series for this, as long as they don't violate my conditions mentioned above. If an anime does, but you still think it is all-in-all too good to be ignored, please warn me about it.

Thank you very much for every suggestion made. I appreciate them.
Genstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 14:39   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sochen Cave Palace
Age: 64
For the slice-of-life category I'll suggest
Usagi Drop
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee
Chihayafuru
Showa Monogatari
Tsuritama
Saraiya Goy-ou
("House of Five Leaves")
Sakamichi no Apollon ("Kids on the Slope")

Croisee is here; Saraiya Goy-ou is at YouTube; Showa Monogatari is fansubbed; the rest are at Crunchyroll.

I don't see Nodame Cantabile in your list, but I'm guessing you've seen it. Kurenai is a hard show to categorize, but it has some strong slice-of-life episodes in the middle.

For the fantasy/sci-fi category, I'll suggest the currently airing Shin Sekai Yori, the comedy Level E, and Ghost Hound. Oh, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica, of course. All of these are at Crunchyroll except for Ghost Hound which is on Hulu.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 15:01   Link #3
Divini
Senpai!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Listing some notable ones in my mind within the past 2 years.

For slice-of-life, try Tari Tari and Hyouka.
Also Seconding Ikoku Meiro no Croisee and Usagi Drop.
Although it's older, check out Lamune if you haven't yet.

For fantasy, Steins;Gate, Angel Beats!, and Madoka Magica

For romance, Kimi no Todoke, AnoHana, and perhaps Amagami SS
__________________
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 15:36   Link #4
Genstone
Eye in Sky
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Thanks for the suggestions.

I've watched Usagi Drop and Ikoku Meiro no Croisee before. Usagi Drop I kept, but the latter I deleted, because I find the interaction between the main guy and Camille somewhat stupid it got on my nerves.

Chihayafuru is already on my to-watch list, just I haven't watched it yet.
Showa Monogatari... sorry. I forgot to say I don't really like historical settings, especially if it's too far back into the past. Lol
Tsuritama...... I'll look into it. Seems fine.
Saraiya Goy-ou is again historical.
Sakamichi no Apollon also seems fine. Will look into that.
Nodame Cantabile I did watched before, briefly. I ended up deleted it, but now I can't remember why! I'll check it out again. ~_~
Kurenai is...... I deleted it too. The ending sucks. I think that's the reason.
Shinsekai Yori is already in my list.
Level E I will hold it first. Not really a fan of alien themes.
Ghost Hound seems fine. Will check it out.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica I've watched before. Deleted though. It's not bad, just that I find the plot pointless. =\
Tari Tari seems very promising. High chance.
Hyouka is... I'll hold it first. My mood isn't really into mystery for now.
Lamune has already been mentioned in my first post.
Steins;Gate..... I'll look into it.
Angel Beats!... Something in it doesn't click with me.
Something doesn't work in Kimi no Todoke as well.
AnoHana is already in my list.
Amagami SS...... hmm. Again something doesn't work.

Please keep them coming. My hunger is still great!
Genstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 16:51   Link #5
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
From the top of my head (all the series below are still airing since you’re asking for recent shows).

Fantasy:
Zetsuen no Tempest is good. I can’t really tell you the story coz I’m afraid it’s gonna spoil you, but almost everything about this anime is above average so far (the plot, character design, animation, soundtrack, voice acting, pacing, etc).

Sword Art Online is worth mentioning imo. It's a sci-fi but the setting is kinda fantastical. You can say that it’s a “more cheerful” version of Dot Hack//Sign where many players are stuck within an online game and if they die in-game, they die in-real-life. They have to clear the game to escape the virtual world. This is not just brainless fantasy-action. Plot is taking center stage and the romance is heavy too.


Romance:
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is in the category of too good to be ignored. Yes, there is a tsundere character but she’s not really violent. In one occasion after she hit the MC due to misunderstanding, she’s really sorry and apologizing hard and bowing her head to him (something a tsundere rarely do lol). All in all, this is not just stupid harem. It has great theme of “pursuing your dream while at the same time not ignoring the reality”.


Ecchi:
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne is not as good as KissxSis imo. Still, if you can enjoy KissxSis, you might enjoy this one. The comedy is heavier here. Mind you that this anime almost has no plot, just ecchi-hilarity to the max. And absolutely no Tsundere (let alone the violent one).


Slice-of-Life (with sci-fi):
Robotic;Notes is a good SoL-Sci-fi so far. Some characters might come off a bit strange but they’re still likable to me (try watching at least 4-5 episodes). The setting is a little bit futuristic (just a little, there’s no flying cars or something like that) and there’s also a bit mystery in it.


Sorry if you’ve already seen those titles.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 18:19   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sochen Cave Palace
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
Showa Monogatari... sorry. I forgot to say I don't really like historical settings, especially if it's too far back into the past. Lol
1964 hardly counts as "too far back in the past," my friend. The Sengoku period maybe, but the 1960s?

As for Croisee, I found Alice a lot more annoying than Camille and her relationship with Claude. I also found their relationship unbelievable given the strong class lines in 19th century France, but I ignored that little detail. Even Aoi Yuuki couldn't make me all that enthused about Alice. But I would have a hard time deciding which was the cuter heroine between Yune in this show and Rin in Usagi Drop.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:27   Link #7
Genstone
Eye in Sky
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
If this forum supports our own voice, I would have shouted at the top of my lungs:
Please... SPOIL ME!!!

Lol I care much more about finding good keepers than being spoiled. So the fastest way to do that is to hunt for spoilers.

Nevertheless, I've looked Zetsuen no Tempest up and it's pretty...... confusing. Lol.
Sword Art Online seems fine. Will check it out.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo...... Hah! Watched, and deleted! You see, Aoyama Nanami is a tsundere, yes, and she's not that violent, yes, but she still goes against my 3rd condition. She has the it-goes-without-saying perception that guys are all perverted. And it's exactly because of this perception that she hits him (before apologizing afterwards), no?
Unacceptable!! Get off my hard disk!

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne is.... um....... fine and all, but I still got rid of it because I found the humor lame. ._.
Robotic;Notes seems good. Will be getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
1964 hardly counts as "too far back in the past," my friend. The Sengoku period maybe, but the 1960s?

As for Croisee, I found Alice a lot more annoying than Camille and her relationship with Claude. I also found their relationship unbelievable given the strong class lines in 19th century France, but I ignored that little detail. Even Aoi Yuuki couldn't make me all that enthused about Alice. But I would have a hard time deciding which was the cuter heroine between Yune in this show and Rin in Usagi Drop.
Well, to be more accurate, when I said that I mean the LOOK of things, especially the clothes the characters wear. I don't know, I just can't feel any enjoyment from that. Maybe I'm just turned off by history. Lol. (I almost didn't want to start watching Croisee as well, for the same reason, but I did anyway, but still deleted it, anyway.)
EDIT: My bad. I saw wrongly somehow. My eyes must be tired. Lol. Will look into this series. Thanks.

Both Alice and Camille are annoying for me. Alice is worse.

Yune and Rin are both cute. Why compare? lol
Genstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:51   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
If this forum supports our own voice, I would have shouted at the top of my lungs:
Please... SPOIL ME!!!

Lol I care much more about finding good keepers than being spoiled. So the fastest way to do that is to hunt for spoilers.

Nevertheless, I've looked Zetsuen no Tempest up and it's pretty...... confusing. Lol.
Sword Art Online seems fine. Will check it out.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo...... Hah! Watched, and deleted! You see, Aoyama Nanami is a tsundere, yes, and she's not that violent, yes, but she still goes against my 3rd condition. She has the it-goes-without-saying perception that guys are all perverted. And it's exactly because of this perception that she hits him (before apologizing afterwards), no?
Unacceptable!! Get off my hard disk!

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne is.... um....... fine and all, but I still got rid of it because I found the humor lame. ._.
Robotic;Notes seems good. Will be getting it.
All your responses to my suggestions more or less match my expectation.

Yes, I took the risk of suggesting Sakurasou to you knowing that it violates some of your rules, but hey, it’s worth a shot.

As for Zetsuen no Tempest, have you seen the first five episodes? Personally, I would give a show that far before dropping it (if I don’t like it). One of Zetsuen’s strong point is discovering the answers to all the mysteries slowly by following each episode.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 21:21   Link #9
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
Thanks for the suggestions.

I've watched Usagi Drop and Ikoku Meiro no Croisee before. Usagi Drop I kept, but the latter I deleted, because I find the interaction between the main guy and Camille somewhat stupid it got on my nerves.

Chihayafuru is already on my to-watch list, just I haven't watched it yet.
Showa Monogatari... sorry. I forgot to say I don't really like historical settings, especially if it's too far back into the past. Lol
Tsuritama...... I'll look into it. Seems fine.
Saraiya Goy-ou is again historical.
Sakamichi no Apollon also seems fine. Will look into that.
Nodame Cantabile I did watched before, briefly. I ended up deleted it, but now I can't remember why! I'll check it out again. ~_~
Kurenai is...... I deleted it too. The ending sucks. I think that's the reason.
Shinsekai Yori is already in my list.
Level E I will hold it first. Not really a fan of alien themes.
Ghost Hound seems fine. Will check it out.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica I've watched before. Deleted though. It's not bad, just that I find the plot pointless. =\
Tari Tari seems very promising. High chance.
Hyouka is... I'll hold it first. My mood isn't really into mystery for now.
Lamune has already been mentioned in my first post.
Steins;Gate..... I'll look into it.
Angel Beats!... Something in it doesn't click with me.
Something doesn't work in Kimi no Todoke as well.
AnoHana is already in my list.
Amagami SS...... hmm. Again something doesn't work.

Please keep them coming. My hunger is still great!
Recommending Nanoha to you if you didn't like Madoka (or just watch the movie, then it'll probably skip all the fanservice).

Tiger & Bunny can work (the tsunderes don't really hit guys here and there's only 2 girls..... to 6-7 guys).

Fate/Zero (the same guy who made... lol forget it). So it fulfills fantasy.

Then Psycho Pass is what I'd recommend to you.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 23:51   Link #10
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 35
For Romance and Slice of Life I'll suggest Cross Game.

Aoba is a tsundere, but not the slapstick kind. She only gets physical once (in the 2nd episode) and that was because the protagonist deliberately provoked her, (you'll understand when you see it)

For fantasy I would suggest:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Bodacious Space Pirates
Tiger & Bunny
Fullmetal Alchemist
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 03:43   Link #11
Genstone
Eye in Sky
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
All your responses to my suggestions more or less match my expectation.

Yes, I took the risk of suggesting Sakurasou to you knowing that it violates some of your rules, but hey, itís worth a shot.

As for Zetsuen no Tempest, have you seen the first five episodes? Personally, I would give a show that far before dropping it (if I donít like it). One of Zetsuenís strong point is discovering the answers to all the mysteries slowly by following each episode.
I knew that. Lol. I knew you just suggested Sakurasou anyway, because the violation is SO goddamn obvious there's no way any audience could miss it.

Zetsuen I'll see how, but not now. Isn't really into something of that theme for now.

Nanoha...? I sort of finished the whole thing in the past, but I don't think I saw fanservice. O.o
Tiger & Bunny..... lol and also Cross Game, these two were suggested to me a year or two ago, but I didn't take them. They just don't strike a chord with me.
Fate/Zero.. hmm.... I did watch F/SN before, but uh..... the whole theme and concept isn't my cup of tea as well.
Psycho-pass seems fine. Will consider watching some episodes before making a decision.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure looks so manly from some reviews. Lol. Will look into it.
Bodacious Space Pirates (Mouretsu Pirates) looks... weird. But will also try out a few episodes first.
Fullmetal Alchemist isn't anything new, but I just don't feel like watching it yet. Perhaps in the future.

Please throw more titles at me! I need moarrr!! (Especially those after 2010.)
Genstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 04:26   Link #12
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Warning: I've watched the shows I'm suggesting, but can't guarantee you'll enjoy some of them. I can't remember some of them myself, lol, but they were watchable. You might like them more than me considering some of the shows you've listed you've enjoyed doesn't match with mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
3) NO DEMONIZATION OF MEN!
I hate anime (or any real person for that matter) with female characters assuming all males are evil and/or perverted. That's just stupid. Especially the perverted part, all too often male characters are assumed to be perverted in nature. I don't want to see any of this.
Do you allow females accusing a guy being pervert because he is a pervert? ie. he gets slapped because he kinda does deserve it?
If so, try Hagure Yuusha no Estetica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
Chihayafuru is already on my to-watch list, just I haven't watched it yet.
Get it off your todo list. Start watching it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Sword Art Online...This is not just brainless fantasy-action. Plot is taking center stage and the romance is heavy too.
Not trying to deter Genstone from this, as one should make their own judgement, but SAO is opposite of what this says (in my opinion!), sorry.


SOL (not really sure what is placed in SOL, but here's ones I think might somewhat pass in this category):
The Idolmaster - Probably a bit of a hit of miss, due to a huge cast of characters, and the interesting characters might only get the spotlight near the end of the series, depending on who you enjoy (eg. ep 20 with Chihaya for me!)
Acchi Kocchi
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Space Brothers (on going, but already 34 eps)

Fantasy/ecchi:
Rinne no Lagrange.
If you can handle Softenni,then you could probably handle Upotte!!.
Kamisama Dolls - there's a biting brocon, but your no-tsundere stance is awfully strict! I don't think the biting happened too often, though (can't remember that much)

Fantasy:
Was going to mention Psycho-Pass (on going), but you discarded Puella Magi Madoka Magica & Fate/Zero which are all written by Gen Urobuchi if that means anything to you. Main difference is this is about a cop show in a dystopian-ish society.
Girls und Panzer (on going)

Romance:
Hmm...Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (on going)?
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 04:36   Link #13
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
Not trying to deter Genstone from this, as one should make their own judgement, but SAO is opposite of what this says (in my opinion!), sorry.
Well, maybe I'm not being clear enough, but what I meant by my post is: SAO is not just a hack-n-slash fantasy. It’s still thick with plot. Also, you can’t deny that it’s heavy with romance, right?

Anyway, I'll just leave it to genstone. I don't mean to shove SAO to his throat.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 05:27   Link #14
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, maybe I'm not being clear enough, but what I meant by my post is: SAO is not just a hack-n-slash fantasy. Itís still thick with plot. Also, you canít deny that itís heavy with romance, right?

Anyway, I'll just leave it to genstone. I don't mean to shove SAO to his throat.
Hah, I didn't mean to say you were trying to shove it.
No comment on romance and plot, depending on what kind of romance Genstone's actually looking for...
In my opinion, SAO is probably a better watch in one massive sitting rather than wait week by week.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 07:25   Link #15
Genstone
Eye in Sky
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica is not fine by my standard. While I dislike girls who think guys are perverted, I also dislike guys who are actually perverted. ~_~ And if an anime uses this as a humor device, I'm not gonna be very happy. There are other natural ways of depicting ecchi humor, not something as exaggerated as this.

Chihayafuru I will watch eventually don't worry. Lol. Just that I have a LOT to choose from for now, but I'm still hungry. Hahaha.

Hey hey chill... lol Sword Art Online looks pretty decent to me. I've already thrown it into my list. Whether or not it's a keeper for me I shall see.

The Idolmaster I've already got it. Not bad, just that Iori annoys the hell out of me.
Acchi Kocchi... At first glance it seems fine, but Tsumiki is a tsundere, no?
Daily Lives of High School Boys (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou) seems ok. Will give it a look.
Space Brothers (Uchuu Kyoudai)... Woah. From synopsis and some reviews this seems pretty inspiring. Most likely will get it.
Rinne no Lagrange I don't think so. I don't quite like mecha. =\
Upotte!!...... Lol... I don't know what to say. It's just weird!
Kamisama Dolls...... haha. You sure do manage to suggest some borderline stuff for me. My first impression for this is a no-no, due to some factors, but I shall see.
Someone mentioned Psycho-Pass already, and it seems fine.
Girls und Panzer..... Girls and... tanks?! Maybe some time in the future. Lol.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun..... something in it doesn't do. =\
Genstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 12:25   Link #16
Violet Rabbit
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
Acchi Kocchi... At first glance it seems fine, but Tsumiki is a tsundere, no?
Not as much violence towards who she is tsundere to (though it does happen) as much as breaking the second condition, though. At least it seems that way to me, especially all those times toward Mayoi and Sakaki. (Not always exactly hitting with your own body or on purpose, but overall the same effect)

I'm not really all too sure if I can think of a suggestion that wasn't already said, but I'll think about it.
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 13:06   Link #17
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
I knew that. Lol. I knew you just suggested Sakurasou anyway, because the violation is SO goddamn obvious there's no way any audience could miss it.

Zetsuen I'll see how, but not now. Isn't really into something of that theme for now.

Nanoha...? I sort of finished the whole thing in the past, but I don't think I saw fanservice. O.o
Tiger & Bunny..... lol and also Cross Game, these two were suggested to me a year or two ago, but I didn't take them. They just don't strike a chord with me.
Fate/Zero.. hmm.... I did watch F/SN before, but uh..... the whole theme and concept isn't my cup of tea as well.
Psycho-pass seems fine. Will consider watching some episodes before making a decision.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure looks so manly from some reviews. Lol. Will look into it.
Bodacious Space Pirates (Mouretsu Pirates) looks... weird. But will also try out a few episodes first.
Fullmetal Alchemist isn't anything new, but I just don't feel like watching it yet. Perhaps in the future.

Please throw more titles at me! I need moarrr!! (Especially those after 2010.)
@Nanoha: You probably skipped the transformation scenes then... Or you probably didnt finish it xD
@T&B: lol I guess or just watch the movie
@F/Z: lol though FSN is after F/Z, F/Z has things that FSN doesnt have: a growing villain, Iskandar, two crazies, a sniper, Gilgamesh, F-15, guns and a kingly party.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 07:23   Link #18
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Sorry if I broke some of your rules. At some point, you just kinda have to tolerate a little bit because that's what's on today...
Plus I think some of the shows you've given have broken your own rules...

Acchi Kocchi: Think of Tsumiki as a cat that scratches you if you play around too much with her...but yeah, I think there's a few slapstick and tsundere-ish moments in this show...definitely been a while since I watched it, so it might put you off a bit.

I would also suggest Kimi to Boku (SOL), but one tsundere....one...tsundere...

Morita-san wa Mukuchi: extremely short (like 3 min ep x 13) (SOL)
Natsuiro Kiseki: Yeah, I'm just pulling anything out now, lol (er, someone pitch in to say if one of the girls is tsundere-ish...I think it was more girls being girls, though).
Kyou no Asuka Show: another short one (ecchi).
Nekogami Yaoyorozu: personally couldn't finish it. I think it was SOL and fantasy, nice opening & end songs, though

And that's pretty much all I got. It's the no tsundere rule that's the hardest to find. What next? No shows with a swimsuit episode?!
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 15:14   Link #19
Genstone
Eye in Sky
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Oh yeah some of the shows I listed broke my own rules, but most of them usually END UP being deleted. It's a hard decision though. Sometimes when I see there's a tsundere, I'm just waiting for the last straw that presses my button. Only some end up getting tolerated by me.

I do realize tsundereness is sort of everywhere. (Japanese....... Hah.) But it hasn't yet taken over every corner of the anime world. Lots of the titles here that were mentioned don't have tsunderes, and now it seems rare because those without have already been mentioned. Haha.

Acchi Kocchi I'll watch a few episodes to decide. As stated in my rule, I do tolerate mild tsundere, so it's not like it's absolute. But "mild" here, my friend, is very subjective and contextual. LOL.

Kimi to Boku is already in my list. But I didn't know there's a tsundere. Mind letting me know who? I got to see what that character does to be a tsundere in order to decide if I wanna keep it.

Morita-san wa Mukuchi is also already in.
Natsuiro Kiseki seems...... fine? It has low review scores though. I'll look into it.
Kyou no Asuka Show looks ok. (Just too short!)
Nekogami Yaoyorozu looks fine.

What's next? More ecchi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Rabbit View Post
Not as much violence towards who she is tsundere to (though it does happen) as much as breaking the second condition, though. At least it seems that way to me, especially all those times toward Mayoi and Sakaki. (Not always exactly hitting with your own body or on purpose, but overall the same effect)
I shall see, after a few episodes. I don't rush into making decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
@Nanoha: You probably skipped the transformation scenes then... Or you probably didnt finish it xD
@T&B: lol I guess or just watch the movie
@F/Z: lol though FSN is after F/Z, F/Z has things that FSN doesnt have: a growing villain, Iskandar, two crazies, a sniper, Gilgamesh, F-15, guns and a kingly party.
Transformation scenes are... fanservice? I don't find it ecchi enough to be called fanservice. Lol. And of course I finished the whole damn thing.
And yeah, F/Z or F/SN, it's exactly those things! It's those things that I don't take a liking to.

P.S.
Everyone, I have a question. I find that I often miss the sequels of something because I didn't know they've been released. Is there any good way to monitor updates of animes? Naturally there are LOTS of titles that I've kept, and the list is just going to keep growing. How can I get myself informed about whatever sequels or OVAs or stuff that are released way after I initially watched them?
Genstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 20:39   Link #20
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Ecchi = guaranteed tsundere character in the show nowadays!

Kimi to Boku: Ep 2, Masaki Satō. Disappears (from the spotlight) for a while after that ep, comes back some time later (she's a secondary character, not one of the main characters). You'll probably enjoy every other episode without her, though (and there's quite a lot without her, if I recall correctly).
Natsuiro Kiseki: Probably down rated due to the art blunders and girl drama. I thought the show was rather, er, charming, for the lack of better words.

Hmm, maybe I have a couple more (might be pushing it again, haha)
Yosuga no Sora: (romance/ecchi/full blown sex) can't remember if there was a tsundere in there or not, probably not though :S (also, incest warning)
Shining Hearts: Ignore the plot...whatever the plot was. (Slice of bread life)
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.