AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 23:01   Link #5801
Samari
World's Greatest

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 01:03   Link #5802
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ I still don't think Oakland will cut their head coach. Like I said before they may give a pass this year, but then again if the Raiders still continue to lose at this rate and by a lot of points(20+ or more) then I think they may be open to cuttting him. One thing is for sure is that OC and DC as well as a few other coaches on the team will be cut.
Yeah, Allen probably isn't going to get fired this year, if only because Marky Mark doesn't want to be like his father was with coaches yet. I Agree with you on Co-ordinators.

Quote:
Well the Raiders he(Hue Jackson) led score points and won games, but the Oakland Raiders also broke the record for most penalties in a NFL season and the Raiders also had a problem closing out game. Their were few games they let go in which they had the led in. The Defence was also pretty bad too.
That's true I guess. Things did go south after Campbell got hurt.
The Penalties were a Red Herring. What killed The Raiders was half their starting lineup getting injured over the course of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The moment I heard about the Carson Palmer trade last year, I kept wondering 'TWO first round draft picks?!' I know Oakland were desperate for a QB at the time to replace the injured Campbell, but...they threw away two shots at decent players for the future vs a VERY short term investment...and when this trade didnt get them in the playoffs last year and has them floundering this year, one wonders how long it will take Oakland to overcome the damage.
Palmer has at least another 3, potentially as many as 5 seasons in the tank, depending on health and protection and The Raiders are also grooming a young QB (Terrell Pryor) to eventually take over from Palmer. As for recovery, it really depends on the type of offseason Raiders have, and how they address their issues in the draft and free agency. If they at least do decently here, there's not all that much stopping them from moving back into contention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I would rather have the penalties problem (which is random from year to year so leading in penalties given up or prevented essentially means nothing) than what they are dealing with now. The defense needed work, but the offense looked a lot better under Campbell and Hue Jackson. The Oakland front office pushed the panic button. I will say that Jackson should have never made that trade for Carson Palmer, who has was clearly not worth what they gave up for him.
Palmer may not have been worth the cost, but at the very least he kept he The Raiders in contention to the end of season (something that no one expected in the aftermath of Jason Campbell's injury), and has more often or not been the single reason why The Raiders aren't 0-11 this year.

Quote:
Another thing is that McFadden was one of the most beastly RBs in the elague last season. This season... whatever offense Oakland is running this year just doesn't work for him at all.
McFadden was a beast, but he only played like 6 games last season. This season he might yet break 1,000 yards (If not rushing, at least all-purpose).
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 02:37   Link #5803
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Eh, that jeering is well deserved for the football play displayed that day. It was outright pathetic.

It's also a curse on Rex Ryan for going against the Will of God, for not using Tebow. Kekekekekekekek
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 10:24   Link #5804
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Something I heard last night that surprised me - Aaron Rodgers is now the most sacked QB this season... We talk about teams with OL problems like Chicago, Philadelphia and Arizona. Well, seems like Green Bay is just as deficient in that area.
o_O more than Cutler? GEE-ZUS!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 10:57   Link #5805
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
o_O more than Cutler? GEE-ZUS!
Yep, more than Cutler. Rodgers has been sacked 37 times this season, already surpassing the 36 sacks he copped last season.
Old 2012-11-29, 18:17   Link #5806
Samari
World's Greatest

Saints/Falcons tonight. Should be fun. I actually want the Saints to win tonight so the 49ers have a better shot at that number one seed.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-11-29, 20:47   Link #5807
sky black swordman

I see the Falcons winning against Saints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Eh, that jeering is well deserved for the football play displayed that day. It was outright pathetic.

It's also a curse on Rex Ryan for going against the Will of God, for not using Tebow. Kekekekekekekek
Agreed, and I thought Tebow was injured?
Old 2012-11-29, 21:16   Link #5808
GDB

Supposedly, he had cracked ribs or broken ribs or something. Though if true, makes you wonder why he was even suited up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 22:26   Link #5809
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
HOU @ DET: No call (As of the moment I'm writing this (12:57 PM Pacific Time), the game is almost over, though it looks to be heading into overtime. EDIT: And The Texans have won in overtime)
Nothing more to be said here folks.

Quote:
WSH @ DAL: Washington (Go SuperQuarterback!)
While The Redskins may not make into the playoffs, the excitement and capability that SuperQuarterback has shown could mean good things in the years ahead for this long suffering team.

Quote:
NE @ NYJ: New England (Go Boring Invincible heroes!)
Moving along.

Quote:
MIN @ CHI: Tossup (Defensive battle with LOL HUEG implications in the NFC North? Should be interesting.)
So the Bears bounced back.

Quote:
OAK @ CIN: Cincinnati (The Raiders have finally proved that they suck enough for me to decisively pick against them again)
Uugh…

Quote:
PIT @ CLE: Cleveland (Again, Because yeah)
Right on the mark.

Quote:
BUF @ IND: Indianapolis (Though who knows what will happen)
Bills were looking frisky there for awhile.

Quote:
DEN @ KC: Denver (Another Boring win)

Quote:
SEA @ MIA: Tossup (I'm not confident enough in either team to call decisively here)
The Dolphins keep their hope alive a bit longer.

Quote:
ATL @ TB: Tampa Bay (Bucs have shown some major improvement throughout the season)
And the Atlanta Alien Space Bats put another one out their gigantic asses.

Quote:
TEN @ JAX: Tennessee (There was once a time when the games between these teams actually mattered)
Fuck this game.

Quote:
BAL @ SD: Baltimore (Another easy win for the Ravens)
Yeah, The Chargers are on their way to Los Angeles now.

Quote:
STL @ ARI: Tossup (So we enter the " who wants to be second-worst in the NFC West" cup)
And it looks like The Cardinals won…

Quote:
SF @ NO: San Francisco (Oddly enough, I'd think that Alex would do better than Kaep in this situation, but that the D makes the difference pointless)
Fucking Joe Montana complex…

Quote:
GB @ NYG: Green Bay (Because the Packers have momentum)
And The G-men troll…

Quote:
CAR @ PHI: Carolina (It's a disaster)
The Eagles are going out in style…

Now for Week 13:

NO @ ATL: New Orleans (Because The Saints troll that way)

JAX @ BUF: Buffalo (I don't want to touch this pile of shit)

SEA @ CHI: Tossup (Another titanic defensive struggle, should be interesting)

SF @ STL: St. Louis (Crazy pick, partly out of frustration, partly because they almost trolled us)

NE @ MIA: New England (And Miami's season goes down the tubes)

ARI @ NYJ: Tossup (Finally a win! But for who? You decide!)

IND @ DET: Indianapolis (wlekjravdfn jwkleagnvo)

MIN @ GB: Minnesota (And all hell breaks loose in the NFC North, again)

HOU @ TEN: Houston (My, how times have changed…)

CAR @ KC: Carolina (Because The Chiefs are playing for #1)

TB @ DEN: Tampa Bay (A few bumps in the road…)

CLE @ OAK: Tossup (Who wants Manti Te'o more badly at this point?)

CIN @ SD: Cincinnati (Say hello to the soon to be Los Angles Whatevers)

PIT @ BAL: Baltimore (And it will be painful)

PHI @ DAL: Dallas (HOPE SPOT!)

NYG @ WSH: Washington (CRAZY PICK!)
Old 2012-11-29, 23:41   Link #5810
Samari
World's Greatest

The Saints get clowned. Drew Brees throws five interceptions and his touchdown streak stops at 54 games. I could see why DarkWingDuck quit out on this season early. It's just been a shitfest.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-11-30, 00:08   Link #5811
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
The Saints get clowned. Drew Brees throws five interceptions and his touchdown streak stops at 54 games. I could see why DarkWingDuck quit out on this season early. It's just been a shitfest.
Yeah, I have to agree with there. Yesterday confirmed it for me.
Old 2012-11-30, 01:15   Link #5812
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

wow, Brees sure layed an egg.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 02:49   Link #5813
sky black swordman

Drew Brees 5 INT ?
How the mighty have fallen.
Old 2012-11-30, 02:53   Link #5814
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Drew Brees 5 INT ?
How the mighty have fallen.
Meh, he had a bad night. The Saints will pick themselves back up from and work their way back to contention next year. At least this game shows that the single greatest rivalry in the NFL these days is Saints-Falcons. And if both teams stay good long enough, it'll end up being one for the history books.
Old 2012-11-30, 05:07   Link #5815
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Meh, he had a bad night. The Saints will pick themselves back up from and work their way back to contention next year. At least this game shows that the single greatest rivalry in the NFL these days is Saints-Falcons. And if both teams stay good long enough, it'll end up being one for the history books.
Blah, I'll say Steelers/Ravens over Saints/Falcons.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-11-30, 08:30   Link #5816
GDB

Quote:
Blah, I'll say Steelers/Ravens over Saints/Falcons.
Yeah, seriously. How did this show that Saints/Falcons is a good rivalry? Because Brees performed poorly? That's hardly a reason. Because the Saints bus got egged? There are people associated with the Ravens who have to have bodyguards in Pittsburgh, and some who wouldn't even go into Cleveland due to legitimate death threats.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 15:21   Link #5817
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
I see the Falcons winning against Saints.

Agreed, and I thought Tebow was injured?
I tend not to believe it. Instead, it's a front office strategy of quelling the calls for Tebow. Of course, Tebow is a nice guy; and he's going along with it. It's a Christian principle to not defy your "master" (a.k.a. boss) unless there's just 'cause.

Of course, this is only my presumption on what is really going on over there.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 16:03   Link #5818
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
It's a Christian principle to not defy your "master" (a.k.a. boss) unless there's just 'cause.
It's also a Christian principle to tell the truth
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 21:27   Link #5819
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Steelers/Ravens and Packers/Bears are bigger drawcards/rivalries. Besides, the Falcons become the Pretenders the moment the playoffs arrive.
Old 2012-11-30, 23:45   Link #5820
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Steelers/Ravens and Packers/Bears are bigger drawcards/rivalries. Besides, the Falcons become the Pretenders the moment the playoffs arrive.
I consider Steelers/Ravens and Packers/Bears to be more classical rivalries (Remember, Baltimore is the original Browns franchise). I consider Saints/Falcons to be the among the greatest of those that emerged in the modern era of the NFL, e.g. Post-2002. (I would consider Niners/Cardinals and Texans/Colts to be other great modern era rivalries, with the former being especially underrated)

Tags
american football, sports