AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-30, 02:32   Link #21
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Too lazy to decide for males atm, but most people who know me are probably aware that twintails are generally my favorite for females, especially with ribbons/bows used in them.

Though is one sub class of twintails to be my absolute favorite . Long Blonde Hair girls with "partial-twintails" (as named by other twintail fans of AS, or twintails/"two side up" by danbooru)

Spoiler for Other Girls who wear it:
And the best girl with it incidentally...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
In any case, how did we go so far without mentioning the master of a thousand hairstyles herself, Fate Testarossa, anyways? Really, like every new piece of art of her changes her hairstyle for some reason.
The above mentioned Fate Testarossa ofc, she wore a good bit in casual cloths, this is the hair style I am referring to in case anyone isn't sure


Though I like plenty of other styles, the above is my absolute favorite.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-11-30 at 10:16. Reason: Thumbnails, please. ;)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 08:33   Link #22
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
People, please either scale down the size of those images, or put them into the recently-added [images][/images] tags that Nightwish so helpfully created for this purpose.

Posting large images dramatically slows down page loading times for people who aren't blessed with multi-megabit Internet services. The new tag Nightwish developed only downloads an image when the tag is opened.

This isn't all that hard to do, and it will make many of our fellow members much happier with image-heavy threads like this one. I usually don't post any image wider than 640 pixels for exactly this reason.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:07   Link #23
Chandela
Straight Chillin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere nice and quiet.
Send a message via Skype™ to Chandela
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
People, please either scale down the size of those images, or put them into the recently-added [images][/images] tags that Nightwish so helpfully created for this purpose.

Posting large images dramatically slows down page loading times for people who aren't blessed with multi-megabit Internet services. The new tag Nightwish developed only downloads an image when the tag is opened.

This isn't all that hard to do, and it will make many of our fellow members much happier with image-heavy threads like this one. I usually don't post any image wider than 640 pixels for exactly this reason.
Thank you~ I'm glad somebody takes the little guys into consideration.
__________________
Chandela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:13   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
We have this discussion/reminder periodically. With new members, its understandable but our long time members should know better

There may be a mod sweeping through here when it comes up on their queue if people don't fix their own posts.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:39   Link #25
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
People, please either scale down the size of those images, or put them into the recently-added [images][/images] tags that Nightwish so helpfully created for this purpose.

Posting large images dramatically slows down page loading times for people who aren't blessed with multi-megabit Internet services. The new tag Nightwish developed only downloads an image when the tag is opened.

This isn't all that hard to do, and it will make many of our fellow members much happier with image-heavy threads like this one. I usually don't post any image wider than 640 pixels for exactly this reason.
This, but also most (if not all) of the image hosting sites offer thumbnail options when the image is uploaded, and, more importantly, please don't hotlink the images (other sites don't like that and they'll eventually replace the image with a "don't hotlink" image or the image itself won't even show up at all).

As for my anime hair preference, I'll have to go with Kyon on this.
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 11:38   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
What’s my favourite anime hair? Do you need to ask?


Basically, I like both crazy and realistic hairstyle of any kind & colors (as long as it looks good). But I'm a sucker for anime girls with long black hair since a looong time ago. But it's not necessarily have to be a hime-style.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Still, it also depends on the type of the anime.

In an over-the-top anime like Pokemon, realistic hairstyle will only make a character looks boring.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But crazy hairstyle in a more “realistic” anime will make a character stand out like a sore thumb.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

All in all, It’s only about “right hair in right anime” for me ^^.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 12:44   Link #27
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
I like medium to long hair over short. Worst thing is when they cut it during the manga/anime! >< . As for styles, well I not really sure, would have to think about it. I not that picky if it looks nice. But something unique I've noticed, is when girls tie there hair to one side. Never seen it in reallife except a few animes. Only once seen a girl with it in the movie "Napoleon Dynamite"

Dont seem to mind guys with long hair either. But I do like the Ahoge O_o
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:12   Link #28
zarqu
Stldt Hjt!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On the corner
Age: 24
I think it was Amagami SS that made me like realistic looking hair in general. The term "sexhair" was thrown out a lot when it aired There was a nice balance of realism and "fiction" in that series when it came to the hairstyles.

But Bakemonogatari established my love for ponytails with Senjougahara.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
And later K-On! season 2 established my love for sidetails
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
which was only reinforced when Nisemonogatari came along.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

In conclusion, I like realistic looking and detailed hair in general, while preferring ponytails in particular.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:37   Link #29
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Well, the girls in both my avatar and signature should give a rough indication what I like (both in terms of style and color).

I'm not really picky, though, as long as it looks good to me. I do admit I'm not a fan of the 'drill' hairstyle..
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 16:52   Link #30
Akito Kinomoto
木之本 慊人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 23
It'll be shorter for me to say what I don't like and as far as that goes, bowl cuts, afros, and buns tend to get my ire. Hair color isn't really a problem, except maybe for Erio whose sparkling blue do makes it hard to fawn over her because it reminds me of an infamous fairy from the Zelda series haha.

Everything else regarding hair is neutral for me except maybe for blonde/brown if my personal list of attractiveness says anything. I don't think their hair was the dealbreaker though; just a clincher on top of personality.
__________________
My MALLet's do a head count here. We've got a ruthless spearman, a girl with a thousand muskets, a near-psycho fighting for love, and a deity who lives up to her status. You've managed to piss them all off. When they come, and they will, they're coming for you

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ I have an army

We have a Goddess
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 17:37   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
I tend to prefer realistic hair color and hairstyle. For girls, dark or blonde hair done in ponytail or twintail. I like wavy hair a lot too.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?


For guys... I don't care about guys.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:11   Link #32
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I like medium to long hair over short. Worst thing is when they cut it during the manga/anime! >< .
Arghhhh I KNOW!! It's awful awful AWFUL!

Quote:
But something unique I've noticed, is when girls tie there hair to one side. Never seen it in reallife except a few animes. Only once seen a girl with it in the movie "Napoleon Dynamite"
The side ponytail is very much an 80s thing....so yeah, people don't do it so much nowadays....but back then it was very huge.

Quote:
But, But, one thing I want to see more often is green hair. Green is my favourite colour, so it's really disappointing that only a few characters have green hair (for what I've seen at least). Green, give me more green...
Green hair is severely underrated for sure! It was used a lot in the 90s, I think so here are my two favorite green girls from that era. Hope you enjoy them

Princess Rouge is lovely
Don't forget Ayako-chan (with Yuna next to her)
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:18   Link #33
-Necromancer-
Otaku
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Twin tails like black rock shooters are amazing i think or unusual hair and princess lover the blonde girls hair i like too ^_^
-Necromancer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:44   Link #34
Lightning_Wing
1.048596
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Location?
I agree with zargu, Senjougahara's ponytail is amazing.

I also like Kurisu's hair from Steins:Gate as well:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-11-30 at 20:31. Reason: Please use the images tag to enclose large images
Lightning_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 20:06   Link #35
Violet Rabbit
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Arghhhh I KNOW!! It's awful awful AWFUL!
... Do you HAVE to yell? you sound so rude. Sure, it's just text, but if that was translated into you actually talking, it would be very pointlessly loud and rude, and right now, it just looks rude.



I agree about when it's cut but my second favorite would have to be tied up in some way to make the length short, or actual short hair.
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 20:35   Link #36
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Rabbit View Post
... Do you HAVE to yell? you sound so rude. Sure, it's just text, but if that was translated into you actually talking, it would be very pointlessly loud and rude, and right now, it just looks rude.



I agree about when it's cut but my second favorite would have to be tied up in some way to make the length short, or actual short hair.
It's just a form of textual presentation, I'm sure it's not akin to throwing a tantrum, if that's what you're thinking.

Also, not sure why so many people are opposed to shorter hair; it's a younger look that contrasts a woman between "mature/sexy" to "playful/cute". I personally think it's nice that one would like to try cutting the distinguishing long hair.

Oh, and I'll actually do a serious post on the topic this time (not saying my super duper secret of liking sidetails was ever revealed).

In general I don't really have a preference for hairstyles. For guys it's even less so since their hairstyles generally vary less than for females. What I really like are when characters go out of their way to have a unique style- usually for an event or something like that. A simple style adds a whole new level of depth to the character and I love seeing that.

Hirasawa Yui always had a pretty simple and normal hairstyle, but in the recent KyoAni movie, they gave her little curly tails- loved it, really cute. The glasses are a nice touch.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Throughout the two seasons of Clannad, Okazaki/Furukawa Nagisa always had one style, which was even more evident with the fact that she was almost always in a school uniform. That's why I liked when she went with a matured, tied-up style that fully complimented what was happening in the story. She certainly looks like she's grown.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Okay, so Senjougahara Hitagi was never actually "bland" or "normal". However, there's that turning point in Bakemonogatari when she finally mentions that big first word, "date". I love the crazy hairstyle Shaft drew up here; it added that extra level of characterization that made said scene that much more awesome.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Finally it was Mayaka Ibara who went all out in Hyouka's school festival arc. At first it was some pretty interesting costumes she sported, but towards the end of it all, she brought out those little curls. They added a little touch where Mayaka realizes how she looks in the middle of the festival and gets embarrassed; I thought that was fantastic.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

These examples expand much further of course, but even scenes like summer festivals with yukatas and shifts from school to casual bring light to these changes. It's one of the most interesting parts of anime as a whole for me, so I'm personally glad when someone decides to try something new with their looks. Even Haruhi's crazy multi-tie-off hairstyle was amusing, even if it was just for visual humour.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 21:02   Link #37
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Rabbit View Post
... Do you HAVE to yell? you sound so rude. Sure, it's just text, but if that was translated into you actually talking, it would be very pointlessly loud and rude, and right now, it just looks rude.
The heck? There's nothing "rude" about it.
Yes, I do have to yell because that's how much I hate it.
"It's awful." sounds like I don't really care that much. "It's AWFUL!" puts emphasis on the word "awful" thus expresses my contempt for it. People yell when they are angry and haircuts make me angry.

Quote:
Also, not sure why so many people are opposed to shorter hair;
We think it looks ugly or tomboyish. A girl's hair is her treasure. Why destroy it? The other thing is, the girl seldom ever looks good after she cuts it. I can't name a single haircut I've ever liked on a character except for Suzumiya Haruhi and that's because she was first shown to have shorter hair so there was no shock factor. She looks nice either way...probably because Ito's character designs are so attractive anyway.
Hmmm
*imagines a long-haired Yuki and imagines Yuki fanboys passing out from nosebleeds*


Quote:
it's a younger look that contrasts a woman between "mature/sexy" to "playful/cute".
I strongly disagree. There are lots of mature, sexy woman with short hair in anime, whereas the most playful/cute ones normally have long hair. I don't think short hair is a "younger look"....I mean older women almost always cut their hair short once they get past middle age because long hair doesn't look good on them anymore. Long hair is definitely a symbol of "youth". Maidens from the middle ages always wore it long. So if anything, short hair is an "older look", not "young".
__________________

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-11-30 at 21:20.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 21:42   Link #38
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
We think it looks ugly or tomboyish. A girl's hair is her treasure. Why destroy it? The other thing is, the girl seldom ever looks good after she cuts it. I can't name a single haircut I've ever liked on a character except for Suzumiya Haruhi and that's because she was first shown to have shorter hair so there was no shock factor. She looks nice either way...probably because Ito's character designs are so attractive anyway.
Hmmm
*imagines a long-haired Yuki and imagines Yuki fanboys passing out from nosebleeds*
So tomboyish is not a legitimate trait for females? A girl's hair is her treasure yes, but the keyword here is "her". It's hers. Last time I checked, most people aren't tied down and given a forced haircut. I can't say I know how women think, but as a person, I'd feel pretty bad if I cut my hair for a new look and was instantly criticized for it. It's personal preference, and I for one like the shorter hair overall. There's no way you can say "the girl seldom ever looks good after she cuts it", that's actually somewhat insulting.

Quote:
I strongly disagree. There are lots of mature, sexy woman with short hair in anime, whereas the most playful/cute ones normally have long hair. I don't think short hair is a "younger look"....I mean older women almost always cut their hair short once they get past middle age because long hair doesn't look good on them anymore. Long hair is definitely a symbol of "youth". Maidens from the middle ages always wore it long. So if anything, short hair is an "older look", not "young".
Perhaps I made it TOO general. There are definitely lots of mature women who have short hair; I wasn't trying to imply that there were none. However, I semi-disagree when you say "long hair is a symbol of youth". When you're younger you have the freedom and want to try new things, whilst once you're a member of the working society and especially after you're married, there's somewhat less of an adventurous nature and more of a systematic outlook. Not saying it applies to everyone, but that's mostly how it is. We're not exactly portraying the middle ages here.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 21:45   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
A lot of depends on the character and their personality. I love pixie bobs (short hair) on assassins, starship mechanics, physically active types.

Its a look that says "I don't want to get my hair caught in the machinery".
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 21:59   Link #40
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
When it comes to the same character having different hairstyles, I tend to be biased towards whatever the character's initial look was. I guess it's a case of where if I already like a character, their overall initial look becomes associated with that fondness.

So in some cases this means I prefer a female character to have fairly short hair (Kaname Madoka being a clear-cut example of this).
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.