AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-29, 10:33   Link #401
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
such a great escape, tho it failed at the end^^
__________________
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 21:22   Link #402
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
... ... ...
Seriously, what drugs they use ?
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 13:54   Link #403
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
So there wasn't as much Erec Sama as the preview promised but we got our first focus episode on his men and they are definitely a weird bunch.

I think my favorite thing about this series is the way it subverts the antagonist's role. I mean the speech about not just relying on myself and relying on others that Erec game his men at the end definitely comes out of the hero hand book and another reason for me to love his character.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 14:09   Link #404
Tsundere Louise
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tristinian Academy of Magic
That escape was like "Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light" thing... And every episode is so stupid... Wait, why I am even watching this baka show? O.o
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic214404_2.gif
Tsundere Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 14:38   Link #405
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Leon's push-ups at the beginning were hilarious. Episode focused more at ED's men, which was pretty good in my book.
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 15:36   Link #406
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
The stories of the four subordinates were quite funny.
Killer move: Dogeza!

ED saving the day, this new sword looks stronger than the old one.
I wonder into what the pet transformed into?
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:58   Link #407
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The stories of the four subordinates were quite funny.
Killer move: Dogeza!
Amata did that first! xD When they started talking about killer moves I thought Variation would make a reference to that, too bad he didn't... xD

Anyway oh boy, those four. I could do with some more episodes focusing on ED's henchmen... XD;; (And one henchwoman, as it turned out. ) Also, wasn't this as if ED was the good guy here?

I also wonder about Pet's mysterious light.

"nyorori nyorori~" xD (Come to think of it, is Pet coming up with different sounds every episode? I need to check...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:05   Link #408
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
The henchman is a henchman, just in his fantasy he is a woman.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:13   Link #409
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Amata did that first! xD When they started talking about killer moves I thought Variation would make a reference to that, too bad he didn't... xD
You want a dogeza champion, try Oga's father (from Beelzebub). It's not just a killer move, it's a whole martial art school.

Variation's unexpectedly competent, all things considered.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:34   Link #410
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
The henchman is a henchman, just in his fantasy he is a woman.
Hmm, is that official info? IMO an "in his fantasies he's a girl" joke would sit better with someone like Leon or Gustave. KT being a crossdressing woman and the others having no idea about it would make the situation even more hilarious.

ETA:

Aha! Official twitter says:
"うんうん。 RT @takama2_shinji: 金髪ショートのKTは、中性的な美青年のようだが、実は男装の麗人。このことにはインコグニートの誰もが気 づいていない。 #イクサガ #anime"

"Yep. RT @takama2_shinji: KT, the one with the short blond hair, looks like an androgynous pretty boy, but actually she's a beautiful, cross-dressing woman. No-one in Incognito has noticed yet."

Apparently KT was also described as a "beautiful, cross-dressing woman" in a magazine though I don't have any scans.

ETA2:

Oh my. xD I don't know who this takama2_shinji person is, but he posted some Ixion Saga scripts.
The cover of the script for ep 7. Wow, it looks more serious than any anime script I've seen so far. XD

A page from the script for ep 1. This is the scene when Kon kicks Erec in the balls. That scribble there is what Kamiya Hiroshi was supposed to voice. XDDD

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-12-02 at 17:58.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 18:22   Link #411
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
In the episode that is pretty much what they said if you go by the CR subtitles, when he gets drunk he acts like a woman & when he was talking it was his fantasy of what happened with Erec sama.

The tweet contradicts what the episode itself said. Although its not really a contradiction because it was only Erec's other men who said this and since according to the tweet they don't know...
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 18:58   Link #412
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
Still can't beat FukuJun, but KT is pretty decent
__________________
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 20:14   Link #413
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
In the episode that is pretty much what they said if you go by the CR subtitles, when he gets drunk he acts like a woman & when he was talking it was his fantasy of what happened with Erec sama.

The tweet contradicts what the episode itself said. Although its not really a contradiction because it was only Erec's other men who said this and since according to the tweet they don't know...
My interpretation is that they don't know that KT is a woman, which means there are no errors in the translation. Anyway the fact that when she is drunk she start talking ladylike suggests she really is.

It doesn't make sense for a man to start talking like that just because he's drunk. But imagine that KT is a woman, who dresses and poses as a man to be close to Erec. If said woman used to talk ladylike her whole life and only started to talk like a man recently to hide her true gender, it does make sense that when drunk she'd forget about how to "propertly" behave and that she'd act as she is most comfortable with.

Naturally her story was still a fantasy, because Erec never did what she described. At least on that the other henchmen were right.
But I think that the fact that KT is a woman is true.

The fact that the VA is female is another hint.

There's also the fact that her fantasies and thought patterns are more akeen to those of a woman rather than to those of a stereotypical okama.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 20:40   Link #414
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Oh my. xD I don't know who this takama2_shinji person is, but he posted some Ixion Saga scripts.
That the director Shinji Takamatsu. He's the one I've been occasionally quoting trivia from in the thread.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 21:49   Link #415
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The fact that the VA is female is another hint.
Well Saiga Mitsuki is known for voicing male characters

That being said like I already said in my post the tweet doesn't contradict the episode because it was Erec's men who said her/his fantasy is to be a woman but they don't know that she really is.

I didn't have the background of the tweet when I made my reply, so my initial post was only going by the episode....obviously that tweet changes my perspective.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 23:10   Link #416
rpgman1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Age: 34
Now this is an interesting episode about Erec's henchmen. Variation, Leon, Gustave, and KT. I fell sorry for Incognito, their group. I'm surprised that KT is actually a woman, but it looks like none of Incognito's members knew about KT's true gender. The hunt reminds me very much of Monster Hunter. As for Erec and the mysterious woman known as Alma Flora, they seem to know each other from long ago. Also, he gets a new sword Calibre with an Alma Crystal which is quite powerful. Pet is a mystery, but he seems to serve a purpose anyway for Alma Flora.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 23:52   Link #417
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
inb4 Pet actually turns into a bishonen
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 01:18   Link #418
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
If the rumours are true, I wonder whether we would see a KT vs Marianne matchup. That'd be quite ironic.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 02:27   Link #419
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
That the director Shinji Takamatsu. He's the one I've been occasionally quoting trivia from in the thread.
Doh! *facepalm* Now that you mention...

(I never actually bothered to check out the staff other than the seiyuu. )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 08:24   Link #420
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
So the witch's name is not beatrice.
I wonder what the gnome gave him in the end - the whereabouts of the Kon group or artificial balls?
Flora managed to add a lot to the plot with just a few sentences until now.

Her motives are still unknown. To me it appears as if she doesn't really care that Erec lost the swort to Kon, if I had to make a guess everything goes just as planned for her.
What we do know now is, that she is up to no good.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy, parody, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.